Save as in Access 2002

I have a user who is running Office XP Pro on Windows XP
Pro and when she tries to export an Access table to Excel
she does not have Excel as an option in the drop down
list.  Any ideas on how to fix this?
0
Jonathan

Look for the file Msexcl40.dll on the harddrive (it should be in the System
folder), and use regsvr32.exe to reregister it. This problem is discussed in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209805

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Jonathan Hearn" <jhearn@envirocon.com> wrote in message
> I have a user who is running Office XP Pro on Windows XP
> Pro and when she tries to export an Access table to Excel
> she does not have Excel as an option in the drop down
> list.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

0
Douglas

How to retrieve earlier saved copies of a document 11-22-09
I starting typing over most of an old document. When I went to save the new document, I hit "Save" rather that "Save as." Now I've lost my old document. Is there any way to get it back? In a document that you haven't closed, you can use Undo repeatedly until you get back the original version. If you have saved and closed the document, however, then there is nothing you can do. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C422C7A8-C9F8-480F-A5BD-627AB8BB609F@microsoft.com....

Access report preview and print only the first page
Hello, I'm using 2 buttons for reporting counted values from a tableform. The counted values are the results of all records and the report now shows as much pages as there are records. On each page the same data is reported. Problem now is that when the user push on printreport then...... he got a lot of (the same)pages. Till now I solve it to say.... only print the first page. Is there an option that the report shows only page 1 of 1, so the user can only print this one. Below the macro linked to 2 buttons for the same report. ---------------------- 'Based on the...

Outlook 2002 SP3 sends reply email using wingding fonts
I recently purchased a HP Pocket PC that apparently has to use Outlook to sync with it's contacts since it came on the companion CD. Since installing Outlook, all of my reply email fonts, including the original message, change to wingdings font. How can I fix this? Also, my Pocket PC uses MS Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Do I have to use Outlook to sync contacts? I prefer Outlook Express. Thanks davidoncoast <davidoncoast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Also, my Pocket PC uses MS Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Do I > have to use Outlook to sync contacts? ...

access update
Will data from Access 1994 update into the latest Acess format for XP ??? ...

Outlook Web Access #5
Ok, here is my problem. When I am in OWA I am unable to download attachments that are no graphic related documents. For example I can download any extension that has .tif, .jpg, .gif, and bitmap images. However when it comes to word documents or text or any other relate document that is not graphic, I can't download. there error is say something like this, "Internet Explorer cannot download....attachment ID form website. Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unabailable or cannot be found. please try again later. Any help wou...

Access Rights when applying a Rule
I set up a manual workflow rule that sends an email. When I pull up a lead and click Actions/Apply Rule, select the rule and click ok, I get a "You do not have sufficient access rights or privleges to perform this Action" error. I am a System Administrator. Can anyone tell me what permissions I need to perform this action? -- Thanks in advance, Rick Hi Rick. I have the same problem! Did you find a solution? Thanks for the help Regards Mark "Rick" wrote: > I set up a manual workflow rule that sends an email. When I pull up a lead > and click Actions/Apply ...

sync Outlook 2002 w/ Tungsten E
I have spent the better part of a day at the Palm website trying to figure out how to hot sync Outlook with the handheld. It works fine with the Palm Desksoftware but fails to transfer outlook items. Any suggestions? Michael You need third party software such as www.chapura.com - PocketMirror. It may have come with your Palm s/w on the CD - if not, you'll need to buy it. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm fo...

rounding up in access
Hi I have a value that is less than 0 in a query and would like it to round up to 1. Please advise and thank you in advance. Use a function such as (aircode): Public Function NoZero(varIn As Variant) As Variant On Error Resume Next If IsNumeric(varIn) Then If varIn <=0 Then varIn = 1 End If Else varIn = Null End If End Function put that in a standard module and call it in a query like: NewValue: NoZero([Original FieldName]) -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "W...

pop3 unique mesage ID Outlook 2002
Good afternoion, can anyone tell me where to find the message unique ID list for Outlook 2002. What is the name of the file? I thinkI have some pop3 id out of sync from the client and server and OL2002 will not pull new messages. I can view the new messages in webmail but when OL tries to download them they on't. I did have Leave a Copy of MEssage on Server chancked and I think that may have something to do with the Client and Server getting out of sync. Thanks!! Tyler ...

Access tab control from Lebans
Hi to everyone in the newsgroup, recently I was surfing in the Lebans's website and at this link http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm, I found an mdb example to enhance the standard Access TAB control. Unfortunately, due my poor knowledge in Access and VBA code, I am having problems to use it on my own form. Of course, I exported to my db the module and the class and I copied all the necessary too, but it's still telling me: ''Unable to create DIBSection''. Could someone explain me how to do? May be, I will appreciate a step by step help or something else. Thank...

Using Access as CRM system with Outlook
To all: I am trying to set up a basic CRM tool using Access 2003 (I am also considering purchasing Access 2007). One of the major stumbling blocks has been how to link the core CRM database (Access) with emails (from Outlook 2003 and 2007) Bottom line, I would like to be link Outlook 2003/2007 emails with the system. As I see it, I have two alternatives. 1. Program an Add-In. --- the add-in would allow contacts, emails et cetera to be moved from Outlook into Access (and synch accordingly). As I am not a programmer, I do not know whether this job is easy or difficult... and what sort of p...

Creating new form instance in Access 2003 SP3
I have had a database working for 3 years that creates multiple instances of a main data form. It uses the idea of: Dim frm as Form set frm = new Form_frmCall and then add the form reference to a collection to keep it active. It worked until SP3. Now the Set statement fails with error 2950, Reserved Error. Is this functionality going away? Thanks, Kevin, I'm not seeing that problem. The sample database in this page still works in A2003 SP3: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-35.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrown...

Permissions / Access Window for Outlook
How do I disable the Permissions window from popping up requesting a period of time that another program (ACT) can access Outlook on my computer. I'm stand-alone - not Exchange - single user/operator. Thanks... ...

Using Outlook 2002 @ work and home
I have Outlook 2002 running on an XP Pro laptop. At work the laptop is in a AD domain(wired), and at home the laptop is using a Linsys wireless router for connectivity. Using Outlook at work is fine. I can send and receive messages without a hitch. The problem is when I leave my domain at work. I cannot send emails if I try to send mail to a recipiant that dosen't have my suffix of @pellatn.com. The weird thing is that I can receive mail from anyone. I don't understand why I can receive mail from any address, but I'm limited to sending messages to my fellow pellatn...

multi-databases Access 2.0 to 97 conversion
Hi, I have to convert ~100 access2.0 databases to access97 these databases contain only tables (no queries, no reports) somebody would have a solution, code example, to automate this process ? i try using the command line, but i don't know how to manage errors. Thanks for your help. TwoD dim dbe as dao.dbEngine if dir(sNewDBFullPath) <> "" then kill sNewDBFullPath dbe.CompactDatabase sOldDBFullPath, sNewDBFullPath, dao.dbLangGeneral, dao.dbVersion30 if dir(sNewDBFullPath) <> "" then kill sOldDBFullPath FileCopy sNewDBFullPath, sOldDBFullPath...

Exchange 2003: How to see meeting room availability within Outlook Web Access
We have an Exchange 2003 cluster sitting on Windows Server 2003. We have plenty of mailboxes for meeting rooms that are normal ADUC mail enabled users, not in public folders. Our users are complaining that they cannot see message room availability. I have tested this myself and have found that when click on new appointment followed by availability, and then choose a meeting room. A username / password box immediately pops up, and does not accept my credentials. After three attempts it says 'access denied' and so we cannot see the meeting room calendar to ascertain availability....

How to save each worksheet as a separate file
I'm having a problem with a program that is supposed to read Excel files, and one of the problems might be the number of worksheets. The Excel file has 35 worksheets. Is there any quick way to save each worksheet as its own separate file? -- Steve M - unspam@houston.rrdirt.com (remove dirt for reply) "I go online sometimes, but... everyone's spelling is really bad. It's depressing." -- Tara, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Hi Steven Try something like this Sub test() Dim a As Integer Dim wb As Workbook Application.ScreenUpdating = False...

Save As error 918
I am getting error 918 when trying to save a Visio (2000) organisational flow chart as an Adobe illustrator file type (*.ai). The messgae reads 'An error (918) occurred during action Save As. The filter is unable to recognize the file.' Does any one have any ideas how tio overcome this? ...

.doc Save As -> .htm -> load in IIS -> Clipart disappears ??!!
Hello, I edited one .doc putting two sets of cliparts at two positions in document. Saved document as .htm through MS Word only.[ Save As - .htm option] Loaded that .htm in IE, looks perfect. But when loaded under IIS, including html's image directory [which carries all image data etc], one set of cliparts are shown perfectly whereas other set of cliparts is not shown. I find this is strange, as one set of clipart is shown very well, and the images are present very well in the htm's directory, which also I copied under IIS besided html. Kindly guide. [I am not Web developer] Tha...

can't save
Write using Word - 2007 - Windows 7 When I try to shut word file down with the red "close" button - Word/Windows will not close. Even after saving the files - the "word document" simply stays open Hope you have some help....I've been frustrated for weeks. Even tried a Word Uninstallment (didn't work) - and tried a COMPLETE Office 2007 Series Uninstall - No luck.... Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Pete firpro1@comcast.net Add the CLOSE command button to your Quick Access Toolbar. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &qu...

Access2000 db bombing in Access 2002
I have recently moved my Access 2000 database to an XP machine that has both Access 2000 and Access 2003 loaded on it. I recompiled the Access 2000 database in Access 2000 to incorporate a change and the database works fine in both Access 2000 and Access 2003. I sent the file to another XP machine that only has Access 2002 on it and it bombed. Tried another machine with Access 2002 on it and same results - initial form comes up but command buttons don't always work and have a default date field (form has =Date()) shows "?Name" on the form instead of the date. Everyt...

show me the path of auto archive save at in the computer
show me the path of auto archive save at in the computer On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 06:21:02 -0700, pat <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >show me the path of auto archive save at in the computer details plze: outlook 3002 ? 5001 ? express ? backup add-in ? Youve checked properties of your pst or a folder? By Default its the same location as your default pst "pat" <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8959EA3C-A4FF-4D43-8168-47E448A4F96A@microsoft.com... > show me the path of auto archive save at in the computer ...

How to access siebel data
How to access siebel data from vc++ -- Sivaswami Jeganathan ...

Calling a Public Sub inside Excel from Access
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I am opening from within Access: Dim xl As Excel.Application Dim wrk As Excel.Workbook Set xl = New Excel.Application Set wrk = xl.Workbooks.Open(Filename:="file.xls") I would like to call a routine within the Excel file after opening it (I want to set up a commandbar depending on how and where Excel is opening from my database application). However, I can't figure out where to put such a routine so that it is accessible. I tried putting a Public Sub into a module file, then calling it like: wrk.MySub "param" Howe...

Saving my published site BACK to my PC
I posted a website some time ago. Yesterday, I called up the file - or so I thought - to change the site. I discovered that I only had the home page. How do I (or, can I) take my published website and save it back into a Publisher file on my PC? ...