Repost: cmdSwitchView doesn't work in 2002

My database has a search module that can retrieve multiple
records based on specified criteria. If multiple records
are retrieved, they are displayed in a subform in
datasheet view.  User can then click cmdSwitchView to view
additional info in form view of a selected record then
toggle back to datasheet view to see more records. Command
has worked beautifully for 4 years in Access 97; won't
work in Access 2002 conversion.  When user selects a
record in datasheet view, all records disappear.
Code =
DoCmd.Maximize
Me![frmSearchSubformNew].SetFocus
DoCmd.DoMenuItem A_FORMBAR, 2, 3

Tried doing without cmd by just setting Default View to
datasheet; records still disappear when click View button
to select Form view.  Many thanks in advance if you have a
solution?

..

0
SLZ

Resetting the sub-form Filter or RecordSource?

Sub-form filter is too flaky now: you probably
have to modify the RecordSource.

After changing recordsource, you may have to reset
master/child link fields.

(david)

"SLZ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My database has a search module that can retrieve multiple
> records based on specified criteria. If multiple records
> are retrieved, they are displayed in a subform in
> datasheet view.  User can then click cmdSwitchView to view
> additional info in form view of a selected record then
> toggle back to datasheet view to see more records. Command
> has worked beautifully for 4 years in Access 97; won't
> work in Access 2002 conversion.  When user selects a
> record in datasheet view, all records disappear.
> Code =
> DoCmd.Maximize
> Me![frmSearchSubformNew].SetFocus
> DoCmd.DoMenuItem A_FORMBAR, 2, 3
>
> Tried doing without cmd by just setting Default View to
> datasheet; records still disappear when click View button
> to select Form view.  Many thanks in advance if you have a
> solution?
>
> .

0
david

launch excel attachment from outlook
problem: double clicking on excel attachments in outlook email results in an error message "the system cannot find the file specified" excel appears to start (new) - but file never opens file can be saved and subsequently opened from excel 2007. file cannot be launched by double clicking on it. thoughts? Try this Office button>Excel options Advanced>General...ignore other applications... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "chris B" <chrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D484E8CC-5788-48A2-9307-D6381796F2FE@m...

Working on a MAC with PowerPoint
I hope someone can help me. I've got the whole Office Suite for MAC on my Macbook Pro. I love working with PPT and I've created a nice presentation for our staff to view. Now, I know to save the presentation as a .ppsx so that it will open as only as a slide show. My problem is that I've used certain MAC fonts in my presentation that may not be found on PC's so therefore, if I run the presentation on a PC it looks different because it tries to use different fonts in place of the ones that I used on the MAC. Is there a way to just have PPT launch exactly wha...

Outlook 2002 error #6
When I try to open Outlook 2002, I get the following error message.....Outlook.exe ORDINAL not found. The ORDINAL 30207 could not be located in .dll USER32.dll. I have searched for this problem for weeks without any success. Can anyone help???????Thanks ...

2003 SPAM filters not working!!!
I have installed Outlook 2003 at home and at work. I use exchange at both places. At work, Outlook is doing an AWESOME job filtering out SPAM. I have the filter set to 'high' and it gets everything! At home, it gets nothing! I have the same filter settings and EVERYTHING gets through! what's up? I instaled them the same way! As a matter of fact, I am using the same 'free trail' CD for both!! HELP! Andrew ps - To make matters worse, I made the mistake of using my real email in a Microsoft Newsgroup! D'Oh! Now I have gotten over 300 of those "MS Update"...

outlook 2002 dialer error message
When I try to use the automatic phone dialer, I get a message "An internal error occurred in the automatic phone dialer. Close the Dial Phone dialog box , and then open it again." Modem cable is connected to phone line. If I change dialing properties from IPCONF LINE to H323 Line I get "the call cannot be completed as dialed" Any ideas? ...

AutoCorrection works in Word but not Access
We recently upgraded to Office 2003. Our users in Fire Prevention have several codes set up in AutoCorrect. They work in Word but in Access, after the first or second code, they stop. Any suggestions? We generally advise turning AutoCorrect off. It very often mangles good data. Try typing "MU" (University of Michigan) for example and it will be changed to "My" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Miami" <Miami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94965B32-17A2-473B-99F8-759...

Converting Lead
We seems to have a problem with our CRM system where someone tries to "Convert a Lead" and clicks the "Open newly created record(s)" checkbox. The system will convert the lead, but it will NOT open the newly created records. At first I thought it was a Pop-Up block issue, but I tried it myself with all Pop-Up blocking turned OFF and it still is happening. Any Ideas? Regards, Eric S. On the subject line I meant - "Not Working"... "Eric S." wrote: > We seems to have a problem with our CRM system where someone tries to > "Convert a ...

Error while adding .NET assembly in Outlook 2002 COM Addins
Hi, From VS.NET, I am creating a assembly thru Otherprojects\Extensibility Projectcs\Shared Add-in (I am trying to creating a add-in for Outlook 2002) based on the msdn example "support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? kbid=302901". It is not showing any error. compailed & builed clearly. Then I try to convert this assembly as a strongly named one. so I created a Keyfile (sn -k abc.snk). Then add the file name in the "assemblyinfo.cs" assemblykeyfilename attribute. saved and compalied the file. it compailed and rebuild dll clearly. Then I register this assembly ...

Brightness control stopped working Media Player 11
I use XP Pro. After I uninstalled Office 2003 and installed Office 2007, the brightness (contrast and hue) settings slider will not work. When I try to adjust the brightness, it just springs back to the centre. As I inevitably have to lighten every video, I really need the brightness control to work. Can you help me please? On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 05:33:01 -0700, Laurence <Laurence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I use XP Pro. >After I uninstalled Office 2003 and installed Office 2007, the brightness >(contrast and hue) settings slider will not work. I;m no...

Working with Office Live Workspace
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does Office for Mac work with Office Live Workspace? ...

Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services
Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel, so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the 'popup') kept open. Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody explain me how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. has IE enabled...

Outlook 2002 Stationery Attachments
When I send a stationery message in Outook 2002, the message contains the stationery as intended, but also attaches each of the images. If I try to send it using Outlook Express, it does not include attachments, because I was able to find a setting that offers the option to include/not include pictures with messages. Is there a similar setting in Outlook 2002? Or is there another way that I can avoid having the message contain the attachments? Thanks in advance. ...

outlook 2002 message downloads
Hi all I have a problem with my outlook 2002. The scenario: My Laptop is newly formatted because of worm/viruses that comes in my email. I have downloaded every service pack from microsoft for my Windows XP and installed it and I even downloaded Office XP SP3. The Problem: I cannot retrieve my new emails. I only get my old emails which I always leave a copy to our email server. How can I resolve this issue. will someone kind enough to help me out. My email address ric_villagracia@yahoo.com Thank you ...

Money 2002 to excel 2000 on Win98SE
Hi, I am a Scout leader here in Canada. The previous person in charge of our troop's finances used Microsoft Money 2002. I don't have any financial software. I was told there is a converter to take a .mny file and bring it into Excel. The file is from Money 2002 and I have Excel2000 on a Win98SE machine. Can someone point me toward this converter if it exists? I've found the converter for Money 98 but none of my searches have turned up anything for Money 2002. All help is greatly appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Gerry wrote: >Hi, I am a Scout leader here in Can...

outlook 2002 sending error
can't send e-mail, recieve system administrator error message: 550 not local host whatever.com, not a gateway please help Go into the Properties of the email account select More Settings > Outgoing server and check "My Outgoing Server requires Authentication", if this doesn't work I would contact your ISP "john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008f01c3d920$6d528010$a101280a@phx.gbl... > can't send e-mail, recieve system administrator error > message: 550 not local host whatever.com, not a gateway > > please ...

Server/Client Side Rules Not Working?
Hello all, We have an Exchange Server v5.5 build 2653.23 SP4 running on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine. Whenever ANY one of our Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients tries to create a rule it ALWAYS defaults to client-side, and never actually executes. There are no errors logged in the Applications event log on the server or client. Here is some additional info you may find useful: 1. The Exchange server resides in domain:CDS 2. Users logon to domain:NT (2-way trust established with doamin:CDS), their primary account is listed in ExchAdmin as NT/Username. 3. When users logon to do...

Outlook SEND won't work until fetch
If I compose a message in Outlook and click SEND, the >message does not get sent. Then when I close Outlook, I >get a dialog box which says I have message(s) in my >outbox, do I still want to close? > >I found that the next time I do a fetch email command, >Outlook sends whatever was left in the outbox the last >time I closed the program. > >How do I get the program to send messages when I click >SEND? > >TIA, >Jack We have this exact problem at work with a few of our Outlook 2000 installations. This key combo works for them: CTRL+ENTER >...

Money 2005
Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program. When I try to connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is incorrect, or the server is down. When I try to connect offline it tells me my password can not be verified and I need to go online. The result is that the software is completely inaccessible. I have tried to reinstall without success. The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help > About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you n...

Reapplying Notest Master not working
I've tried this in PP2007 & PP2010 RC. I have a handful of decks where I've modified the notes master to include new headers and footers. However many random slides in the decks aren't using the master. I've tried to visit each one and apply the notes master, but in some cases one of the following happens: (1) nothing happens, (2) only the slide & notes field get updated, the footers & headers don't change. Is there a way to say "blow away all customizations to the notes page use the notes master for everything" ??? Seems like this should be a...

rules wizerd is not working
in outlook my rules wizerd is not working also i can not create folders anymore sneustein <sneustein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > in outlook my rules wizerd is not working also i can not create > folders anymore What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Importing ADO Persisted XML into Excel 2002
Is it possible to take a ADO.Recordset, which is persisted to XML and import that into Excel 2002 ? I'm using VB/VBA/VBS. I can find a range on a worksheet, and export it to MSPersist format pretty easy, so I assume the reverse can be done ? If so, does anyone have any sample code ? gadrin7@aol.com wrote: > Is it possible to take a ADO.Recordset, which is persisted to XML and > import that into Excel 2002 ? You should be able to just open it in Excel, it should render it somehow. You could re-open the recordset using ADO in VBA code then use Excel's CopyFromRecordset metho...

Exchange backup isn't working
Exchange 2003 running on win 2003 standard. About a week ago a defrag was done on the database and the backups were working. Suddenly we started to recieve errors that backups were failing. The errors in Event viewer are NtBackup ID 8001 and 8019. The backup report log says the following: Backup Type: Normal Backup started on 8/31/2005 at 7:57 AM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Erro...

email in outlook 2002
currently i use an email address thru my cable provider. how do i get my own email address which is portable in case i change internet providers? how do i get it to use outlook? Do you want a hotmail or yahoo or other free account or do you want to get your own domain name? Once you have the address, you need to change it in the account properties in outlook or create a new account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Gui...

error on outlook 2002 load
When I launch Outlook 2002, I get an error message saying the pstorec.dll image is bad. This seems to be affecting my ability to use direct links while in Outlook. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks. ...

Change OU "Adventure Works Cycle"???
Hi, today we activated the MBS CRM 1.2 Professional Edition. After the online registration we got a Licence Key from MBS that works only with our OU. But we cannot change the OU "Adventure Works Cycle". And with the sample database Adventure Works Cycle the key doesn't work... Do we have another chance to change the OU than installing CRM again? Thanx! Simone You will need to at least reinstall Ms CRM, but before you do that you need to remove the OU in Active Directory. There is documentation to assist you in doing this in the implementation guide (Chapter 20 in 1....