Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97

jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:...

> Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message
> I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97
> database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access
> XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish
> distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file
> from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution
> database contains around 50 tables, 8 or 9 of which are linked to another
> larger database. The database also contains approx. 100 queries.
>
> Unfortunately, this conversion no longer works in Access 2003. The
original
> 4 MB Access database is converted to a file containing 196 MB of data. Has
> anybody come across anything like this with Access 2003? Does anybody know
> if there are any workarounds for this bug?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

0
jixiaoli

Re: user email account
and are you typing in the address manually? or selecting that user from the GAL? after AD has updated, type in the address manually...it should resove to the supervisor's mailbox name... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message news:... > give it a few mintues for AD to update the change...you've moved the address > already? > > -- > Susan Conkey [MVP] > > > > "naguaramipana" <naguaramipana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:82F3B094-B706-4A61-8602-E46E9F5FE2A2@micro...

Access report preview and print only the first page
Hello, I'm using 2 buttons for reporting counted values from a tableform. The counted values are the results of all records and the report now shows as much pages as there are records. On each page the same data is reported. Problem now is that when the user push on printreport then...... he got a lot of (the same)pages. Till now I solve it to say.... only print the first page. Is there an option that the report shows only page 1 of 1, so the user can only print this one. Below the macro linked to 2 buttons for the same report. ---------------------- 'Based on the...

Re page numbers in excel
Is it possible to move where headers and footers are shown, like you can do in word. My example a report with landscape and portrait and i would be the page number to be at the side of the landscape document Thanks ...

Access Rights when applying a Rule
I set up a manual workflow rule that sends an email. When I pull up a lead and click Actions/Apply Rule, select the rule and click ok, I get a "You do not have sufficient access rights or privleges to perform this Action" error. I am a System Administrator. Can anyone tell me what permissions I need to perform this action? -- Thanks in advance, Rick Hi Rick. I have the same problem! Did you find a solution? Thanks for the help Regards Mark "Rick" wrote: > I set up a manual workflow rule that sends an email. When I pull up a lead > and click Actions/Apply ...

Typed text lags in Outlook 2003
After installing the various updates for Office 2003 and the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack on my Vista machine, a problem surfaced. When typing in the body of a new message, the text "lags" as I'm typing, sometimes a couple of letters behind and sometimes 2 or 3 complete words. And no, the problem isn't that I type too fast, hehe. I've run the "Detect and Repair" utility but that didn't resolve the problem. I've rebooted several times as well without success. Any idea(s) on how to tackle this one? ...

Exchange 2003: How to see meeting room availability within Outlook Web Access
We have an Exchange 2003 cluster sitting on Windows Server 2003. We have plenty of mailboxes for meeting rooms that are normal ADUC mail enabled users, not in public folders. Our users are complaining that they cannot see message room availability. I have tested this myself and have found that when click on new appointment followed by availability, and then choose a meeting room. A username / password box immediately pops up, and does not accept my credentials. After three attempts it says 'access denied' and so we cannot see the meeting room calendar to ascertain availability....

Access tab control from Lebans
Hi to everyone in the newsgroup, recently I was surfing in the Lebans's website and at this link http://www.lebans.com/tabcolors.htm, I found an mdb example to enhance the standard Access TAB control. Unfortunately, due my poor knowledge in Access and VBA code, I am having problems to use it on my own form. Of course, I exported to my db the module and the class and I copied all the necessary too, but it's still telling me: ''Unable to create DIBSection''. Could someone explain me how to do? May be, I will appreciate a step by step help or something else. Thank...

"You attempted to open a database that is already opened exlcusivl
Two days ago I deployed a split 2003 access database that is accessed by 20 users. Since going live with it I have noticed many people having trouble with hanging or crashing of the front end. When I try to open the back end I get the message "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exlcusively by user 'Admin' on machine 'Comptername'. Try again when teh database is available. Then I track down who the PC belongs to and check what is going on. What I find on all the PCs that have made the back end give this error is that the user starts adding...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Open Other User's Folder
I am trying to open a folder that the person has rights to and opened fine in 2003. But since she has switched computers and the new one has Outlook 2003, she cannot open the other users folder. It is unhidden in Exchange server so it is visible to all users using Outlook 2002 but any users using Outlook 2003 cannot see it. I normally hide it from everyone because it is for our conference room scheduling and only certain people can see and use it. But now the person with rights to it cannot see it using Outlook 2003. Any ideas why and how I should fix this? is she using the folde...

Problem of Truncation on Excel 2003
When I open a spreadsheet (saved on an earlier version of Excel) in Excel 2003, the "cell wrapped" cells lose most of the ending information, as if there were some sort of limit on the amount of data to be stored. The spreadsheet in question has links, which I do NOT want updated. I have been working with Excel for as many years as it has existed, therefore you may consider I am not making a mistake. We need this problem fixed ASAP. Additional information: Just discovered that the problem is in the handling of MERGED cells. Only the first cell of the merged group is kept ...

Exchange 2003 unable to schedule past Dec 31st
We are having an issue with Exchange where if you schedule a meeting then add an attendee, then scroll to the right out to Jan 1st 2006. All attendees availablity shows diagonal lines ( no information ). Before you think this is an issue with the Outlook setting of how far out to publish the free/busy information we already looked at that and it defaults to 2 months, which should take us to Jan 23rd but it's not working that way. thanks for any and all input. On 23 Nov 2005 09:27:40 -0800, chad.wasinger@gmail.com wrote: >We are having an issue with Exchange where if you schedule a m...

Formula for Dates and CF Colour then convert to Text
Hi, Part 1 - Although I can do the CF on the cell, I am looking for a formula based on the following: 1. Date entered is from Today up 7 Days - My CF will format cell to Green 2. Date entered is between 8 days and 14 days - CF will format Amber 3. Date entered is greater than 14 days (15?) - CF will format Red My current formula's in CF based on: Condition 1 - Formula is: =IF(D4<>"",D4>TODAY()-7) Condition 2 - Formula is: =AND(D4<>"",D4>TODAY()-14) Condition 3 - Formula is: =AND(D4<>"",D4>TODAY()-600) -60...

Converting String to pairs.
hello i have a file that was pre generated for me. it contains many colums and rows. a certian colum constains a string of 6 digits, like 272829 and 359514 and so on. I need those split up into pairs, either by comma or something else so i can do a find and replace. so it could look like 27,28,29 and 35,95,14. Any suggestions for how i can automate it. I regularaly get theses lists and they contain 1200+ rows. it takes me hours. thanks for your help. If A1 contains 123456 then =LEFT(A1,2) & "," & MID(A1,3,2) & "," & RIGHT(A1,2) will display: 12,34,56 -...

Exchange 2003 AD Properties not Showing up in W2k Domain ADUC.
We are running a test migration from 5.5 to 2k3. After running the install (incl. the forest prep, domin prep and all other checklists), the Exchange tabs do not show up in our Windows 2000 DC for user properties. They do if we are on the Exchange 2003 box running the Active Directory User and Computers. I imagine if we were on a W2k3 domain, this would've populated the DC ADUC settings...? Are we missing a step to allow these Exchange user property tabs to show up on the Windows 2000 Server DC's? Thx in advance... On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:07:03 -0700, jason <jason@discussions...

Outlook 2003 Backup.PST
Hello: I'm using Outlook 2003 on my laptop as well as my desktop, I have tried to backup my contacts folder on my laptop by using the file, import/export etc. and then I tried to import it onto my laptop but for some reason it will not import all my contacts. I have numerous categories set up if that makes any difference - all are added to the master categories list. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Terry ...

Access2000 db bombing in Access 2002
I have recently moved my Access 2000 database to an XP machine that has both Access 2000 and Access 2003 loaded on it. I recompiled the Access 2000 database in Access 2000 to incorporate a change and the database works fine in both Access 2000 and Access 2003. I sent the file to another XP machine that only has Access 2002 on it and it bombed. Tried another machine with Access 2002 on it and same results - initial form comes up but command buttons don't always work and have a default date field (form has =Date()) shows "?Name" on the form instead of the date. Everyt...

changing the reply address for Outlook 2003
I have two accounts defined in Outlook 2003: one that connects to my Exchange server and another that connects to a web-based IMAP account. I've set the IMAP account as the default and changed the reply to address. My outgoing server is also set to the IMAP server. However, every message I send goes out with the default reply address of my Exchange account. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do to fix this? Outlook Express handles it correctly. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet message...

How to access siebel data
How to access siebel data from vc++ -- Sivaswami Jeganathan ...

Outlook 2003 #112
Does anyone have the same problem as me, when I open outlook it hang's for a couple of seconds then receives and sends my mail. After viewing 1 maybe 2 messages the program hangs and goes to a white screen with only Outlook displayed in the title bar. Not to sure if it is a virus or similar but I do have anti virus software on system. Help if you can ...

Calling a Public Sub inside Excel from Access
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I am opening from within Access: Dim xl As Excel.Application Dim wrk As Excel.Workbook Set xl = New Excel.Application Set wrk = xl.Workbooks.Open(Filename:="file.xls") I would like to call a routine within the Excel file after opening it (I want to set up a commandbar depending on how and where Excel is opening from my database application). However, I can't figure out where to put such a routine so that it is accessible. I tried putting a Public Sub into a module file, then calling it like: wrk.MySub "param" Howe...

How to recover & re-establish deleted Outlook Express DBX files
I apologize for posting this twice. I forgot to include an email address. I accidently deleted my Outlook Express dbx files. I recovered the files back. However, I do notice that I have DBX, IDX, and MBX files. Next, I used the Outlook Express import wizard to try to re-establish a link to these deleted files. However, the files that were imported were from a year ago. I can't seem to import my recent files. 1) The path I follow is files/import/messages. 2) Select Microsoft Outlook Express 3) I specify my location as Main Identity. I only have one identity set up. 4) Cl...

spcomstock website, Money 2003
I am using Money 2003. My last updates to my investment prices was on 12/11/03. The web page list on my home page is http://www.spcomstock.com. This address has changed and is now http://www.comstock-interactivedata.com. How can I make my version of money use this new site? (I don't see anywhere in account setup to do this, as someone suggested in an earlier recommendation to a Money 99 user). do a money update. at the bottom of window is update button press update now and select the update money button >-----Original Message----- >I am using Money 2003. My last upd...

Outlook 2003 disable "send" Control/Enter shortcut
Can anyone please tell me how to disable a shortcut in Outlook 2003? In Outlook, Control/Enter is a shortcut that sends email. I have hit it on more than one unhappy occasion when the email I was writing was not yet in any shape to be shipped. The Outlook Help files tell you how to remove a shortcut from a shortcut group, once you have set up a shortcut group. But I have not set up any shortcut groups and cannot find instructions on how to disable the default shortcuts that come with Outlook. I tried the MS Knowledge Base and could not find the answer. I hope one of the geniuses on t...

Email body is blank in Outlook 2003
Please help. After installing Outlook 2003 I found that the body of all my emails in all boxes are blank. I notice several people have reported this problem. but has anyone found a solution? I have Outlook 2003 installed with Windows XP. The preview pane does display some lines of each email, so at least some of the body of emails are saved. Do you use Panda Antivirus? I had this too when using the beta version of Platinum 8 W "Chris Griffith" <crgriffo@NOSPAM.yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:Xns9428E81F54F20724813972@61.9.191.5... > > Please help. > After ins...

AWStats config errors for logging Exchange 2003
Using the AWStats FAQ on sf.net, I setup a awstats.mail.conf file to pull the message tracking logs from an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. Here is the log format taht http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_faq.html#MAIL specified: LogFormat="%time2 %email %email_r %host %host_r %method %url %code %bytesd" and Log Seperator of: LogSeparator=" " However, when running, it tells me 1/2 are dropped and 1/2 are corrupted. I've never tried awstats with exchange, so not sure if the log format line was designed for a eariler version of exchange. Below is perl output, and ...