Pivot chart or text box?

I am trying to create a form that will show a picture of a cylinder or
something like that that has a specific length.  There will be
specific lenghts taken out of that (representing items being cut from
it), or maybe just filling up that specific percentage of the cyliner.
 This is to optimize product and minimize waste.  I would like my
employees to just see the size of each thing they have to cut and a
picture they can look at and show how many cuts will come out of one
full part.  I could use some code examples or maybe some data bases
that might have some examples I could use as a reference.  Thanks
0
mikeua68

Pop Up Combo Box
I have 3 options in a combo: TS, CT, and MISC Each one of these options has their own pertinent account codes. What I want is the ability to choose one of the options (TS, CT or MISC), and based on that choice, have another combo box pop up with a list of corresponding account codes. If you can help with step-by-step moron-proof instructions, I would be much obliged. This is called "cascading combo boxes". A google search should return plenty of links that will show you how to do it. HTH -- _________ Sean Bailey "natalie" wrote: > I have 3 options in a combo...

Naming charts on own sheet
Hi. I have a series of charts (which are all contained on their own sheets). I need to name each of the charts (as they will be used by someone else in a macro). I have tried clicking on them and also pressing shift before clicking on them, and I am not able to change the name in the name combo box. Can anyone advise me of how I can change the names. Thanks for your help. Hi, If you have chart sheets you can change the name by simply changing the sheet tab name. What you described is the method used on chartobjects, which are usually on a worksheet. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Mi...

selected row count of list box
A2k Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's selected. How can this be done? I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use it in to accomplish what I need. Thanks, Keith Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections: Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdat...

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

Create static text from cell reference

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

Text Very Small When Replying
I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how does one set the default size? No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts back to the smallest size when I do another reply. Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text! James Are you using stationery? Also, Alt + T, Options, Compose,....... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message news:OGt2E1OhKHA.1460@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an emai...

Extract text from field
If you have a filed that contatins the following data:LastName, FirstNameWhere LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?Many, many thanks in advance. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:09:45 -0500, "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote:>If you have a filed that contatins the following data:>>LastName, FirstName>>Where LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain >just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?>>Many, many thanks in...

survival chart
Hi! Does anybody have an idea how it would be possible to trick Excel into making a survival plot? That is a stepped graph ploting cumulative survival on the y axis and time slots on the x. Any suggestion would be most appreciated. Andrej Andrej - I don't have a 'survival plot' per se, but you could look for ideas on my web site. The cumulative probability plot sounds like a possible candidate: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ProbabilityChart.html If it doesn't give you any idea, post back with some typical data, and we'll have a look. - Jo...

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

trying to link maps and pie charts
Hello I was trying to link sales data stored in an excel table with a specific country in MapPoint. This software allows you to do this very easily. You can even picture the data in piecharts (% sales for each competitor). However there is very little flexibility with the look of the result: you cannot choose the color of the slices of the pie, you may not display data on the graph, and the maps do not look very professional. I know it is possible to link automatically a table with a shape in visio. Can this shape be a given country/region on a map? Can the callouts have th...

Excel pivot table #2

IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no" entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a certain list. Example: Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek) Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek) Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week I don't even know if thi...

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

Range Names with Charts
I would like to use rangenames to specify the data sources for a chart, but Excel does not seem to like this. I have tried entering the rangename in the following formats: rangename =rangename ={rangename] ={"rangename"} .... and various other formats. Surely there is a way to do this ....? Art Hi, try either depending on whether the named range is local to the sheet. =sheetname!rangename =bookname.xls!rangename cheers Andy ArthurJ wrote: > I would like to use rangenames to specify the data sources for a chart, but > Excel does not seem to like this. I have tried en...

greyed out auto text
Created custom toolbar in Word with menu, autotext and email button as directed in "Quick sales letters for e-mail" demo video, but when I click email button, new email message appears in Outlook but auto text choices are greyed out???? Any ideas?? ...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

how can I draw a box and whisker plot in excel 2002?
I have some data, and have worked out the minimum value, the 1st and 3rd quartiles, the median and the maximum, but need to find out how to put this together in a box and whisker plot See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "andywilson" <andywilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:269E939E-6FC6-4993-BD6E-54ACE14141EB@microsoft.com... >I have some data, and have worked out the minimum value, the 1st and 3rd > quartiles, the median and the maximum, but ...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...

Area Chart Question
Hello, I am graphing an area chart off a table of numbers. Is there a way to show the summary totals in the data table that I am showing on the graph without having the totals appear on the area graph itself? John John, Unfortunately the data tables are not going to give you a lot of flexibility. Whatever is in the chart is going to show up on the data table. To get around this restriction, I would suggest creating a data table made of worksheet cells as opposed to using the standard data table. The link below describes the process: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/a_simple...

Column and Line Chart
I am making a Custon Chart using the First -Column and Line Chart. When I setup the chart it makes the last column a point instead of a column. When I go in to change the type of Chart it makes the bar much bigger than the others. I know you can go into Format and decrease/increase width- but I can't believe there is a not a way to tell excel to make this a column on setup so they are all uniformly spaced. How does Excel decide whether it is a point on a line or a bar? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi Nikki - Excel simply splits the number of series between the lines and columns. If you wa...