Need to import EDI file

Hello. I have an EDI TS-130 file (academic transcript) that I would like to
import into Access 2003. Is this possible to do for free? If so, how?

0
dw

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

macro needed
hello listers to begin with i have no great excel skills what I am looking for is a macro that I can easily use to send mail to a list of users I have made a web page that students sign up on http://biosciences.utoledo.edu/prs enter there info when they press submit the data is saved to a text file that can be opened as a csv file in excel I would like to have a macro go row by row down the page and extract the email from column G and insert that in to an email and also the students name from coulmn B. The csv file is set up like this ID Fname Lname StudentID TransmitID Section e...

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Need VB code to edit cell values
I need some VB to do the following please (My VB is not good enough yet) Starting from the active cell (call it the StartCell) In the cell to the left.. ThreeChars = Value.right(3) (the last three chars) Value = Value - last three characters (assume value is text & at least 3 chars present) In StartCell.. value = ThreeChars (as text, overwrite any contents of StartCell) move active cell one down from StartCell Examples of before/after -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Stephen Ford" <Stephen_Ford_no@spam_uwclub....

Contacts File Link?
I have several computers on a home network and WLM does a fine job of keeping the contacts in sync on all the computer. I am giving one of the systems to a friend. What is the best way to un-sync the contacts file on the system that I am giving away so they can have there own contacts file? Uninstall WL and reinstall with a new WL ID or Passport? Create a new Windows user. Remove the old user. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2099F8C5-9BCE-4229-A3D2-5187C1F4FFF9@microsoft.com... > I have several...

Export to Text Files Based on Field Value
I have an Access table with personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date, etc.) for thousands of people. The table is sorted by state. I want to be able to run a macro on that table that will create separate pipe delimited text files for each state with all fields included. Any help would be appreciated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201005/1 Instead of exporting the table, export a query based on the table. You will have to have some code that loops through the states and modifies the quer...

How to import Eudora files into Outlook
I've searched the forum, and everyone seems to have already been able to bring their old Eudora files into Outlook. I am now trying to do this but cannot figure out how. I'm not even sure exactly where to find my Eudora files, much less get them over to Outlook 2007. Can someone help me here. My hard drive crashed last Friday and I have rebuilt a new one except for my email program. I have been using Thunderbird temporarily, but I really don't like it. My Eudora files are saved to a hard drive and Thunderbird imported them with no problem. But I can't for the life of me figur...

Is there a way to extract files from the Off line files cache
I have a laptop that used to be a member of a SBS 2003 domain and was utilizing folder redirection of My Documents. The laptop was never reconfigured to remove it from the domain and the user continued to use the domain login. Since that time (about a year ago), the computer and user were removed from the SBS domain. So far so good, the user on the laptop was happy.. Today, the laptop was worked on and was removed from the domain. Now, the question is, where are the files that used to be in My documents? I beleive they are cached in the Offline files folder (C:\wind...

File Stuck In Outbox
I have a 6 MB file that can not be sent or deleted from my inbox. I followed the "Assistance" suggestions on the MS web site but had no luck. Any idea? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/...

How to delete a .mny file...
I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely transfer. I repeated the import and opened a new Money file (with a new name.) This time it went smoothly. Simple question: can I just delete the old Money file I first created? Is it as simple as going to "my computer" and deleting the appropriate .mny file? Thanks for any response. EL In microsoft.public.money, EL wrote: >I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and >for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely >...

Import mail from CD
Hi, I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Copied it from the CD to my hard drive, changed the read-only attributes. Imported into Outlook and get the message "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Win2000, Outlook 2000SP3, IomegaCD-RW 52x24x52x using Iomega Burn Any ideas? thanks Ruth Turn off the read-only property on the .pst file. Ray at work "Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161601c39d71$cc6da970$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Cop...

convert or open .pub file
I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I do not have publisher, any ideas on how to open it, and readers that I can download. No trial is offered for this program to download? I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would work) but it dosent work thank corey corey wrote: > I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I > do not have publisher, any ideas on how to > open it, and readers that I can download. ================================= Best bet would be open it in the Publisher version that created it. There are no Publisher viewers. Here's some info you ma...

import chart of acount
I use GP7.5 I export chart of account to excel sheet and modify but i don't know how i can import agine to new company please is there any way to make it this. thanks for help M.Own If you have Integration Manager, then you would find it to be the easiest tool to use. If you do not have it, then the data can be loaded using SQL Server tools and other products that work with SQL Server. However, if you are not familiar with these tools, you should get help from somebody who does. -- Charles Allen, MVP "M.Own" wrote: > I use GP7.5 I export chart of account to e...

Need a code
I need a code that does the following: If C3>D3, B3 value will start blink and if C3<D3, E3 value will start blink. Any help please. Thanks in advance. Personally, I would recommend against blinking text, but if you insist on employing it, this website should help you get started... http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/BlinkingText.aspx NOTE: Pay particular attention to the second of the two points delineated in the Summary section at the bottom of the webpage. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "MAX" <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7E6...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

Experts Needed for Color Coding
Hello: this ought to be a challenge. I have a spreadsheet with 10 columns Col A contains an ID There are various color coded cells in each; Row 1: B - C are red; F is yellow Row 2: C is green; E is yellow, etc. Row count could be up to 300 Objective: Before refreshing this report (from Access query) 1. identify cell color for cells in rows 2. After refresh, find row (per the ID field) and replicate the color Conditions: New unique rows may be added during the refresh; these will not be color coded The color is applied without consistent rules in many cases Rather than refreshing the repo...

Money 2005 (UK) on Vista
Hi All, Has anyone else had any problems importing OFX files from HSBC into Money 2005 (UK) running on Windows Vista Beta 2? I've run Money as Administrator to update it, and I've tried importing as both the Administrator and normal user. No joy! It seems to think the file is to blame, but I'm not too sure! Any ideas? Sorry if it's been answered recently, I couldn't find this exact problem. Jules Have you tried running the OFX analyzer on the OFX, to check it is valid, and do you have the 1105 update (look at help and check the version number). -- Glyn Simpso...

Help with Links to Files
Hello, I have a file in Word 97-2003 compatibility mode. When I select the Office Button / Prepare I see an option to Edit Links to Files. If I convert the file to 2007 format the option for Edit Links to Files is no longer there. Where did they go? thanks, mitch This is strange. The Edit Links to Files option should be available even if you save in Word 2007 format. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently break the link to the automation object? You could press Alt+F9 to see that the field code for the object is still intact. (Note that you can only see the field co...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Need help backing up OL2002 items (or folders)
HELP says: "If you want to create a folder to which you can drag items for safekeeping or to distribute to another computer. Create a new data file (.pst) and drag items to it. If you used the default name for the folder when you created the data file, the folder will be called Personal Folders . In the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the View menu, click Folder List.), drag any item from your current folders to the new folder. Press CTRL...

NEed report of income and expenses broken down
I'm using Microsoft Money 2006 and I entered all of my checking account transactions for last year and categorized everything. Now I need a report of the income and of the expenses broken down by category, with the transactions listed. If I go to reports, all I can get is a pie chart or bar chart. I need a printed report with numbers to give to the accountant tomorrow. I was able to export a report to a spreadsheet, but all it did was show the total expenses in each category. What I need is a report showing the categories for income and for expenses, list the transactions in each ca...

Need to sort dates before 1900 in proper order
I need to sort dates before 1900 in proper order -- ones after 1900 are all fine but any dates like 03/29/1865 will always sort by month and day but NEVER the year except in the month area. Don't know if I am making sense -- but will be like: 03/29/1865 03/29/1866 03/29/1873 04/01/1863 04/01/1868 etc. Thanks, Judy M. I can provide a chunky workaround, until someone provides a better answer: Assuming your 5 sample dates are in cells A1 ~ A5, and that single digit months and days are always expressed with a leading zero: In cell B1, enter this formula: =VALUE(MID(A1,1,2)) In C1, ente...

Comparing two excel files
I work with large data in excel. Most of the time I need to match two different worksheets. Both worksheets always have two columns that contains same data (name & ID). What would be the best way to match names and ID to obtain a new file with data that couldn't match? if Excel good to do that or should I use other software like Access? please advise. Look at Chip Pearson's page on working with Duplicates and Uniques http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Alexandra <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1091601c3f335$a...

Importing new Items in bulk
I've got a CSV with 400 new items. Be damned if I'm going to manually enter them one by one. I am quite comfortable with SQL scripting and VB so I was thinking of writing a simple CSV-to-Items-Table program. Are there any dependancies or relationships I should consider before just tossing 400 new items into the items table? They won't be getting suppliers right away (I have a tool for adding suppliers en masse anyways) so that's a non-issue. All the new items will be atomic units (ie: no kits or assemblies) so that, too, is a non-issue. I'm just afraid of breaking somethin...

Flat files to XML
Hello all, How can I convert unstructured flat files into structured XML? Are there any scientific articles and tools that handles this subject? Bye, hakhan Check out http://tinyurl.com/4vgn8 creating custom XmlReaders is a nice way to deal with with CSV or Fixe width files, although don't know exactly what you mean by unstructure files.. - jsm3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message1165932.htm ...