microsoft.public.access.conversion

0
frank

Access to VB tools
Hi, Does anyone know of any freeware tool that might help in this? I have looked at a couple commercial access to vb conversion tools but they are pretty expensive so I am wondering if anyone knows of a freeware or open source tool that we could use to save us some time and effort..... Thanks, Malakie Tony Toews lists a few tools at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/accesstovb.htm: I'm not aware whether any of them are free. The general consensus is that conversion tools do an incomplete job at best. There are simply too many differences between the controls available for ...

populating an Access table from a text file
A text file has data in a format like the below: Title1 Cell 1 data Title 2 Cell 2 data Title 3 Cell 3 data .. .. .. Title 10 Cell 10 data Title 11 Cell 11 data .. .. .. Title 15 Cell 15 data .. .. .. Title N Cell N data I guess I can read this using some VBA code posted at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0057.htm and http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/readtextfile.htm, add an Instr function to it so that when I read the text file, I know when to insert the data properly in the table. 1. Is there another way I can directly import the data into an Access 2...

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

Lost original message when using outlook web access
I often use web access when travelling to get my work emails. When forwrdign and replying to emails, I always have the orginal email in tact and as part of the reply. However, when accessing from home on the internet, I lose the orginal email so that when I reply or forward there's nothing there. I also can't paste or copy into or from the message body. Is this problem easily fixed. Jim Assuming Outlook 2000 - though something like this will probably work for every version ... it just might not be in the same menu location. Go to Tools - Options - Preferences - Email option...

Enterprise Library Instrumentation and microsoft exception handling block.
hi all i have used microsoft's exception handling block for publishing exception to event viewer. but i am getting very different error when exception occured on production. error source displayed as "Enterprise Library Instrumentation" ad error discription varies but mainly like "Failed to create instances of performance counter 'Cache Total Turnover Rate' - The requested Performance Counter is not a custom counter, it has to be initialized as ReadOnly.." can anyone shed some light on it? thanks in advnace. ...

Splitting attachments to another mailbox or public folder
Is there a way to separate attachments automatically so the Help Desk doesn't have to go through each email from a client, read each email and separate the attachment from a particular sender? For example: A customer sends an email with an attachment. I want Exchange (2003 Install) to separate the attachment and place it another mailbox or folder while leaving the text of the email in the original mailbox. Is that possible using existing Microsoft tools or scripts? I know there are third party tools but we'd rather do it with something for free if it exists. On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 ...

Excel/Access Delimma
I have inherited an Excel workbook with several worksheets containing charts that get their source data via MSQuery from an Access database. The users require that this stay in Excel so I have to find a way to make it work. The problem I am having is that whenever the user opens the workbook they are prompted to tell it whether or not to allow updates. The sad part of this is that we cannot rely on the numerous users to not accidently push the wrong button and allow it to update, and thus destroy the current data. I have to find a way that the user can open the workbook, let it update, sav...

Outlook Web Access 2K3
Hi, I am using OWA of the newly installed Exchange 2K3. When I use the premium mode and try to reply messages, the OWA keeps ask me to install the components. Why is it so? is there any pre-requisite to use the OWA premuim version. Thank MWGP Try posting this in an Exchange group for your version of Exchange as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching go...

Public folder access problem #2
Hello, Don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem, sorry for posting in both groups :-) Exchange Enterprise Edition 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 in Windows XP SP2, 1.000 users and public folders. Until yesterday a user was able to access a public folder; tree is : \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Incoming Mail \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Outgoing Mail Then suddenly this user does not see the content of the Department folder nor the subfolders. When you click on the Department folder properties, summary tab, you see this user has the Reviewer role. ...

Read-only mailbox access, how to?
Exchange 5.5 on NT4 I want to set up a Support mailbox which all can read but only some can send-as. When I created it I associated it with the Domain Admin. I then added the Search role to Domain Users. But if I connect via a POP3 or IMAP client and authenticate as a domain user I am denied access. Ditto if I use an Outlook 2000 client connected to another mailbox, and try File->Open-> Other User's Folder. What permissions do I need for read-only access? The Help on the dialog in Exchange Admin doesn't even list the Search right! jim -- Jim Hatfield On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:...

42 Top Quality Microsoft Study Guides in just $49.95 with Free Online Exams
SmartCert.net has been Re-Launched with All New Amazing Features! All SmartCert.net top 42 MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, and MCDBA Exams in just $49.95 All SmartCert.net top 35 CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE Exams in just $49.95 All SmartCert.net top 20 OCP 9i and 10g Exams in just $49.95 All New Certifications and Updated Exams Free Online Practice Exams Free Discussion Board Free Technical Articles Win Free Guides through Lucky Draw Mega Affiliate Program 06 Months Free Updates Please Register with SmartCert.net at http://www.smartcert.net/ to Enjoy all Free Features SmartCert.net is Offering. You can...

[ANN] Public beta coming this month
MacBU upgrades Entourage and delivers new ways to collaborate with PC and Mac colleagues. Entourage moves from WebDAV to Exchange Web Services. Look for the launch of a public beta this month. Continue reading for more info.... Public beta coming this month (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/public_beta_coming_this_month.html> In case the above link does not work: <http://tinyurl.com/7vo24c> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

Open Office and Microsoft Works
How can I get my browser to choose the spread sheet from Open Office instead of Microsoft Works' when trying to open an XLS file? As it stands the latter automatically opens it. Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 32 bit and IE 8. The reason: the file doesn't open properly as is, IOW a calendar shows up in sections of four and incomplete as such. TIA, Harry. "webster72n" <webster72n@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OU2jlY#lKHA.4148@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I get my browser to choose the spread sheet from Open Office > instead of Mic...

Can one access newsgroups from Outlook?
thanks In a way, yes. It calls for Outlook Express for this action. see: Outlookhelp - Support for Microsoft Office Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/news.htm "d p" <dp25@access-4-free.com> wrote in message news:%23ZttKlS9EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > thanks > > Thanks so much Walt ... a life saver. "Walt Basil" <see_signature@for_address.com> wrote in message news:#WV4VzS9EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In a way, yes. It calls for Outlook Express for this action. > > see: > Outlookhelp - Support for Microsoft Offic...

Update type conversion error with nulls
I need to simply divide one currency value by another currency value. Sounds simple????? Here are two sql statements I've tried. Most records are null, it is only the ones that I want to update and close that will have a value in Net_PL. UPDATE Diagonal SET Diagonal.Final_ROR = IIf([Diagonal]![Net_PL] Is Null,0,[Diagonal]![Net_PL]/[Diagonal]![Tr_Trade_Risk]); UPDATE Diagonal SET Diagonal.Final_ROR = Nz([Diagonal]![Net_PL])/Nz([Diagonal]![Tr_Trade_Risk]); I get the error message "...didn't update x number of fields due to a type conversion error......."...

Access database link
Am not a Visio user, am an Access person - - - the user makes Visio drawings is not technical. On the drawing are values. These values do not change the shape or size of the image of the drawing - they are just data surrounding the image. This data is already in an Access database and is used for reports and such. User needs Access Table - record 1 data to appear in drawing 1 record 2 data to appear in drawing 2 If he opens drawing 2 - the current data would populate (from record 2 of Table). So if the values in the record changed/updated in the ...

VB Code for button for Access 2003
I have a form called "Quote Entry" displaying data from a table called "Quote" with a field "CustomerID", on this form there is a button called "Customers". This opens a form called "Customer Display" which is a Continuous list of customers, from the current selected customer record. I need some code for a button on the "Customer Display" form to save the current CustomerID back the Quote Entry form and add it to the Quote Table -- thank you for your help "Meaty" <Meaty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Allow access to item properties when Adding Items to purchase orde
Allowing access to item properties when adding items to a purchase order would assist in updating information like aliases, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

How to create and access (add/delete mails) .PST file at runtime?
Hi, I need to store selected mails into some different .pst file at runtime. Also want to access those mails in .pst at runtime. I can import and export mails into .MSG file. But it is hard to maintain mails as .msg files. My queries are, 1. How to create/open .PST file at runtime ? 2. How to add/delete (import/export) mails (any format like .MSG, ..EML, etc.,) into .PST at runtime ? Is there any way to handle this kind of situation thru Outlook object model or CDO or Extended MAPI or Redemption or any other way? Thanks in advance with best regards, Kumar 1. Use Namespace.AddStore/Re...

Sharing excel spreadsheets in public folders
I have put an excel spread sheet in our public folders , only a couple of people have permission to write to the spread sheet. If two of them open it at once a conflict error is thrown back. Is it possible to give the first person to open it write access - as would be the norm with excel? It seemed a simple solution as it allowed people from non trusted domains to view the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks is there just one public folder store or is is replicated to other servers? "ed" <eddie.meadows@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:1Lz3e.1036$DP.542@newsfe6...

Exchange 2003 OWA shared calendar access
Hi We are using Exchange 2003 with both OWA and outlook 2003 clients. I have set the permissions on everyones calendar so everybody has reviewer access to each other calendars. All calendars can be opened when using Outlook 2003. However when using OWA only some calendars can be opened and others are stating "You are not authorized to view this page" when trying to open them even though the permissions have been set to access them. I am trying to access them by typing http://servername/exchange/username/calendar Any ideas would be greatfully received Colin ...

All recipients must have an X.400 address in Microsoft Exchange???
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0. Tried to remove the X.400 address in my recipient policy then got this error below. In the age of SMTP, why does Exchange still care about having an X.400 address tacked on to the recipient policy? Now I have to go to each of my user's accounts individually and remove the X.400 address in their email addresses tab. --------------------------- Exchange System Manager --------------------------- The X.400 primary address cannot be disabled. All recipients must have an X.400 address in Microsoft Exchange. -------...

Changing the format of an Excel output file made by Microsoft Access
Hello, I have a question about changing the format of a document made with OutputTo command. I have an Access database which I'm exporting some of it's data to an Excel document. Guess the Access table is named "MyAccessTable". I'm using the following command to export the data in that table to an excel worksheet and open it with Excel: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable , "MyAccessTable",_ acFormatXLS,"C:\ExcelOutputFile.xls",True. What I wish to do is that after the file is opened in Excel, a procedure in Excel will run, making all the changes nee...

Microsoft Exchange Server
Can anyone help me understand the Microsoft Exchange Server installation process? I have Windows XP and Office XP (2002), and have Outlook installed and running. However, I'd like to be able to use the features of Microsoft Exchange Server under Outlook - e.g. sharing the calendar. When I activate the Mail icon in the Control Panel and choose Microsoft Exchange Server, I have to input the name of "your Microsoft Exchange Server computer. For information, see your system administrator" - I AM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR!!!!! It's a small home computer network. Nowhere I hav...

DCOUNT to Return Values from Access database
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with approximately 30K rows of data and over 130 colums wide. Currently I am doing multiple Dcounts with multiple criteria as a named range =dcount(worksheetname!a1:gg30000,fieldname1,worksheetname2!a1:bb2)/dcount(similar to previous string) Looking for a way to shrink filesize or, more importantly, decrease worksheet calculation time. The named range (over 50 fields) criteria can have sevel different values in each cell so permutations are many. With the criteria changing so often (and often the sample size returned is a majority of the rows) is access a feasi...