MDAC 2.8

Is MDAC 2.8 synonymous with DAO.3.6?

No.

DAO (Data Access Objects) is a specific data access method, realistically
specific to Jet databases (i.e. MDB or MDE files), although it can
communicate with other DBMS as well.

MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) is a collection of data access
methods that includes ADO (ActiveX Data Objects), Ole DB and ODBC (Open
Database Connectivity). Starting with MDAC 2.5, MDAC doesn't even include
drivers to work with Jet databases.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"jonefer" <jonefer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is MDAC 2.8 synonymous with DAO.3.6?

0
Douglas
3/1/2006 10:17:59 PM
thank you.

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> No.
>
> DAO (Data Access Objects) is a specific data access method, realistically
> specific to Jet databases (i.e. MDB or MDE files), although it can
> communicate with other DBMS as well.
>
> MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) is a collection of data access
> methods that includes ADO (ActiveX Data Objects), Ole DB and ODBC (Open
> Database Connectivity). Starting with MDAC 2.5, MDAC doesn't even include
> drivers to work with Jet databases.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "jonefer" <jonefer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is MDAC 2.8 synonymous with DAO.3.6?

Mail delivery problem #2
I am running exchange 2003 sp2. This past monday out of the blue, exchange started delivering messages to users without a mailbox all to one particular user. These could have been employees not in the company any longer and the mailbox has been deleted. Orginially the system mailbox was set to catch all incoming messges without vaild accounts. Any idea how I can help the user from recieving all of the junk messages and make exchange deliver properly again? Thanks John Recheck what's going on. Are you sure that what's being delivered isn't NDRs of undeliverable messages?...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

multicurrency #2
We are using Great Plains for some time and we bought Multicurrency recently. What steps do we need to take to implement multicurrency functionality. The basics - once you select a functional currency and process a transaction, you can never change that functional currency. Read through the posts on the newsgroup to get a feel for the issues multi-currency can create. Determine how you want to set it up (perhaps with the assistance of you VAR or a consultant). A little planning now (and money) can save you a big headache in the future. We have multiple companies with different funt...

threads #2
I have a server/client application that communicates using threads. The server class uses a while loop inside a thread to wait for new connections in accept state, like this: var a = new var( ); while( (server.Accept(connection)) ) { ...... ...... } I have declared a variable (var) right before this loop which uses memory. I want to free/delete this variable at the end of the while loop, but the control never reaches there. How can I make sure that this variable gets deleted before the server side exits? Thanks. Jessica Jessica Weiner wrote: > I have a server/client applicatio...

print comments #2
hi please guide me to PRINT "comments" in an excel sheet. thanx reg deepak ...

Reply Problem #2
Can anyone tell me why when you REPLY to any email message, a number "7319" or equivalent appears in the "To" field? This just started happening to some systems with fresh installs of Office 2003/Windows XP. Thank you in advace... ...

Sample AFA Cashflow stmt report in GP 8.0
Dear All, I have to create Cash Flow statement report in Advance Financial Reports. I could not find a sample report for this in Sample company. Can anyone pls. tell me where to find this sample report. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! -- Developer Why don't you use FRx? It has a cash flow report in the sample company that can be adapted to your live company? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Habeeb" wrote: > Dear All, > > I have to create Cash Flow statement report in Advance Financial Reports. I > could not find a sample report for this in Sample...

superscripting #2
Say I have a number like this $1.69, how do a superscript the $ leave the 1 normal and superscript & underline the .69 without the decimal? Hi in the formula select on the parts of this value and apply your formating to thes string parts -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany tazichi wrote: > Say I have a number like this $1.69, how do a superscript the $ > leave the 1 normal and superscript & underline the .69 without the > decimal? If it's really a number just formatted to show as money, then you're out of luck. But if it's text, (start with an apost...

please help #8
I am trying to switch info from one XP machine running office 2000 to another XP machine running office 2000 and I have a ton of Macros. How do I successfully move these Macros in excel, so I don't have to recreate them? Hi if you have stored your macros in your personal.xls just copy thie file to your new machine -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bob Garber wrote: > I am trying to switch info from one XP machine running > office 2000 to another XP machine running office 2000 and > I have a ton of Macros. How do I successfully move these > Macros in excel, so I...

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #2
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Currency values set to 2 decimal places
Is it possible to set a currency value fixed to 2 decimal points a opposed to just rounded up or down. for example if 33.3% discount was applied to �10 it would be �6.66666 which would display as �6.67 Therefore if you had 3 x �6.67 it woul work it out as �20.00 and not �20.01. Pau -- clappu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- clappus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1613 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 Yes, set the format to Currency, and that will work. -- HTH R...

RMS v1.2 and v1.3
I am operating on Headquarters v1.2 and Store Operations v1.3 however when I upload items the information does not transfer. Do both need to be the same version? Headquarters and Store Operations always have to be the same version for the uploads/downloads to work. -- Regards Michael (Brisbane, Australia) "NMC" <NMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193149AE-8F18-49F4-A98D-91B801C7CC6F@microsoft.com... >I am operating on Headquarters v1.2 and Store Operations v1.3 however when >I > upload items the information does not transfer. Do both need to...

LDAP #2
How can I configure Outlook 2002 to view my global catalog server? thanks -j ...

Address Book not visible in Outlook #2
We have one user who has installed the regular CRM desktop client in Outlook. The CRM interface works, however, she is not able to see any of the CRM address books when composing a message, etc. The event log shows the following errors: Source: MSCRMAddressBook Event ID 6410: One or more Microsoft CRM Address Book cache files are missing. Address Book synchronization will be reinitialized. HR=0x0. Context=OnlineSync. Function=COnlineSync::DoSync. Line=531. Source: MSCRMAddressBook Event ID 6402: An error occurred initializing the Microsoft CRM Address Book - a subscription could not be...

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Since connecting to Exchange Server 2003 (using OL2003), all incoming messages contain a line "Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0" before the actual headers start. Anyone knows who is adding this line, and - more importantly - how I can stop this? (I asked this question in the Outlook forum, but was sent over here). Thanks! ...

Transaction Cannot Be Entered #2
After a transaction download that went bad with Money not recognizing some investments, I restored a backup from 5/1. But now, when manually entering transactions since then, Money pops up a dialog box that says "This transaction cannot be entered." I ran the Quick Fix feature. No Change. Thanks for any assistance. lzc Oops! I should have included that I'm using M2004. "L Cramer" <lzcramer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:N_Dag.2$q33.0@fe02.lga... > After a transaction download that went bad with Money not recognizing some > investments, I restor...

MDI child window resize #2
I have an MDI Application that was created using the VS Studio Wizard. I have a child document inside the main window and I would like to change its size. How do I do that? Thanks Jess SetWindowPos will change the size of any window. In MDI child window, you want to call this on the childwindowframe(ie, pView->GetParentFrame). ------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Once you do your SetWindowPos (like Ajay mentioned) on the CView derived class, if the CView is actually a descendent of CScrollView (for example CFormView) you can also call ResizeParentToFit to get the child fra...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

comparing lists #2
Hi, I have two lists, placed in two different sheets in the same workbook. Now we want a new list that does only contain those items that are in both lists. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance! Check out this site of Chip Pearson. Scroll down to "D", and see all the options referring to duplicates. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Prixton" <prixt0n@netscape.net> wro...

2 y-axes PivotChart
I'd like to create a PivotChart with 2 y-axes using the Excel Chart Line - Column on 2 Axes charting function. I can't seem to get Excel to show the 2nd y-axis when I use a PivotChart. It always reverts back to a single axis column graph. How can I get this to work? Thanks Geoff -- geoffz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ geoffz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=574141 Pivot charts always forget any customizations when th...

can 2 copies of mail be saved in outlook
I would like to be able to have 2 copies of mail saved in Outlook, so mail can be simultaniously be opened on 2 computers with the same email address. Is this possible? Outlook saves data on the local PC If you want to access the same recieved mails on another PC, you set up your mail account in Outlook on the other PC, and on both Outlooks you select the option to keep a copy on the server. (The sent mail will only be seen on the PC it was sent from) If you use an imap account the mail will be in sync on both PC's "dd" <dd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...