Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003

I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option:
Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for
re-linking my front end database to the backend.  No tables show in the table
list.  If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend
database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object
‘IfieldListWnd’ failed.  As a work around I have to delete all the table
links from the front-end and then  File/Get External Data/Link Tables.   Is
anybody else having this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

"dnitz" <dnitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option:
> Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly
> for
> re-linking my front end database to the backend.  No tables show in the
> table
> list.

Re-register accwiz.dll (the one located in the same folder where Access 2003
is installed)

Regsvr32 "path\ACCWIZ.DLL"
See
 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=835519

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP

0
Joan
6/24/2005 9:54:46 PM
Joan,

Thank you for the information.  I located the correct version of the
Accwiz.dll and tried to register it but the command fails.  I ran the
following command:
regsvr32.exe C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\accwiz.dll

I received the following error message:
LoadLibrary Failed ("C:\Program") failed-The specified module could not be
found.

> Joan,
>
> Thank you for the information.  I located the correct version of the
> Accwiz.dll and tried to register it but the command fails.  I ran the
> following command:
> regsvr32.exe C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\accwiz.dll
>
> I received the following error message:
> LoadLibrary Failed ("C:\Program") failed-The specified module could not be
> found.

You need to enclose the path in double quotes because it has a space in it.
regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\accwiz.dll"

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP

0
Joan
6/27/2005 4:42:11 PM
> regsvr32.exe C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\accwiz.dll

Try putting quotes around the above

so, go start->run, and paste in

regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\accwiz.dll"

--
Albert D. Kallal   (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
6/27/2005 5:05:54 PM
Joan and Albert,

Thanks to both of you.  It worked like a charm and my Linked Table Manager
is now working correctly.

> Joan and Albert,
>
> Thanks to both of you.  It worked like a charm and my Linked Table Manager
> is now working correctly.

You're welcome!

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP

0
Joan

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Inserting form values into a table

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Excel not Access

Outlook 2003

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Grammar check not working

Addressing within Exchange 2003

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

This formula doesn't work: = day(today())
This formula doesn't work: = day(today()) Except from spreading one formula into 2, is it possible to make it workable in 1 formula? If so, how? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP ���H����O�D�`����. �p��������B, ���Ѫ̤��[�祿!! My ability is very limited. Hope you will not mind to enlighten me if I do wrongly. What doesn't work? For today (7 May 2004) =DAY(TODAY()) returns 7. In article <eYuAXhDNEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote: > This formula doesn't work: = day...

Event Planning/Event Management Add-On
Does anyone know of a good add-on to handle event planning? It appears that Axonom sells a product. I'm not sure it's compatible with CRM 3.0, though. The screen shots are from 1.x. We're looking for an add-on that will help us plan our annual user conference with about 300 attendees. Before I go off and build our own custom entities to handle this stuff, I thought I'd see what's out there. Our requirements are pretty basic: - Track attendees to the event, and which training sessions and activities they'd like to attend. - Payment information including total fee...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...