How to set save format to Access 2002 as standard

Hi,

I am currently planning to mass-install Office 2002 including Access 2002 on
about 1.000 PCs. I found out that if I install them as standard Access 2000
saves as default to Access 2000 file format.

I know how to set up on a single installation that Access has to save with
Access 2002 file format, is there any way to set it up during the
installation so I wouldn't have to do manually on about 1.000 installations?
Please!!!

Y/Jakob

0
Jakob

Networked PCs???  Hard to imagine that number of PCs without network.

I am not an expert on the network side but surely your network admin people
can set up network installation so that O2K2 is installed automatically when
the user logs on.  Also, they should be able to run a script / policy on
logon to modify the required registry entries, etc ...

Perhaps, your network people should check this out.  Also, I think there is
a MSPress book "Office 2002 Resources Handbook" about deploying Office2K2,
especially in an enterprise environment.

There is nothing wrong with running A2K2 software with database files in A2K
format.

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

"Jakob Olsen" <jaoss@wmdata.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> I am currently planning to mass-install Office 2002 including Access 2002
on
> about 1.000 PCs. I found out that if I install them as standard Access
2000
> saves as default to Access 2000 file format.
>
> I know how to set up on a single installation that Access has to save with
> Access 2002 file format, is there any way to set it up during the
> installation so I wouldn't have to do manually on about 1.000
installations?
> Please!!!
>

> Y/Jakob

0
Van
11/6/2003 12:05:06 PM
Found the answer myself:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/xp/welcome/depf05.htm

----

After all users have upgraded to Access 2002, you can change the default
file format for users and databases in the following ways:

  a.. Using the user interface (point to Options on the Tools menu, click
the Advanced tab, and then select Access 2002 in the Default File Format
list box).

  b.. Setting the registry key for the default file format:
  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Access\Settings\
  Default File Format

  Valid values are:

    a.. 9 (Access 2000 file format)

    b.. 10 (Access 2002 file format)

"Jakob Olsen" <jaoss@wmdata.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> I am currently planning to mass-install Office 2002 including Access 2002
on
> about 1.000 PCs. I found out that if I install them as standard Access
2000
> saves as default to Access 2000 file format.
>
> I know how to set up on a single installation that Access has to save with
> Access 2002 file format, is there any way to set it up during the
> installation so I wouldn't have to do manually on about 1.000
installations?
> Please!!!
>

> Y/Jakob

0
Jakob

Conditional Formatting #29
How can I format a range of cells in a row, based on the conditional format of a single cell in the same row. I am able to get the single cell to change, but I would like the other cells in the range to change colors as well. Thanks, John Hi John 1. Highlight the entire row (e.g. row 1) 2. Goto conditional format 3. You have to enter the condition with an absolute reference. e.g. =$A$1="text" this will change all cells in row 1 if A1 contains "text" HTH Frank John wrote: > How can I format a range of cells in a row, based on > the conditional format of a singl...

MS Access Table missing
Guys, I'm looking at a database (Access2003) someone sent me and I see a Query, something like SELECT * FROM [Table 1] The problem is that there is no [Table 1] in table list, query list. In fact, there is no such object with the structure that I see when I open that original Query a=in design mode. The query opens and shows data.... Any thoughts? Few more observations: looks like this DB was converted before with errors; thiis DB uses linked tables Thanks! Dima. Assuming that this isn't a split database (do any forms show up?) with the tables in a separate...

"Remove access" to certain accounts in CRM 4.0
Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for specific users? Accounts they would otherwise have access to? I'm only talking about a very specific subset of the regular accounts in the business unit for which the person resides. Anyone have any experience with that? The simplest way is to move this accounts "VIP accounts?" into another business unit and set the access rights accordingly. Or you can use the team approach. Regards, Robert "Adam Pinilla" wrote: > Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for...

Access 2003 Security Message On Open
All, I have approximately 15 databases that I am about to migrate to Access 2003 from 2000. I do not want the security message to appear every time one of my users logs on to the database. Registry changes and digital signatures are out of the question. If I put Application.AutomationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityLow on open of my start up form will this prevent the warning message? Is there something I can put in the windows shortcut to turn this off? I have seen some suggestions were it is mentioned to call a script that calls the database to open in low security mode. Is this nec...

Conditional Format #23
I want to format the background of cell to a10 red if a10 is currently empty and the length of the string in a5 is 1. Can somone offer the correct syntax for the conditional format of a10 as everything I try fails. Thanks, Fred You need a condition of Formula is and a formula of =AND(A10="",LEN(A5)=1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EBDDC73-FED7-451F-BCF3-A0E819888027@microsoft.com... > I want to format the background of cell to a10 red if a10 is currently...

Money 2002 opens very slowly! Started few days ago!!! HELP
Hi to all, I have problem with Money2002. It is full with data from last year and until few days ago everything was ok. In average it would took about 3-5sec for MsMoney to open all the data, but since yesterday I need to wait app 10- 15sec for MsMoney to open. I tried everything but no luck. Anybody have a clue what this could be. Thanks in advance Is 15 seconds really that long to wait? What other programs and data have you installes/saved in the last year. Is your drives getting full? In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: > >I have problem with Money2002. It is full with...

Creating a table into another Access database
Is there a VBA command or SQL statement for me to run a Make Table Query to create a table in another Access database? I would like to distribute several access databases to different groups with tables populated with data specific to the group. I don't want to create the tables in the main database and transfer the table, because there's many tables and it would probalby exceed the 2gb limit of MS Access. SELECT * FROM INTO [;Database=C:\Folder\File.mdb].Table1 FROM MyTable -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "anon" ...

List in different formats
A short intro: I work for a company that sells dvds and cds. Every week we make a saleslist based on sale and expected sale of new titles. The problem is that I have to make the same list in different formats, based on what it's to be used for. The articles on every list is the same, but the articleinfo varies. I have to make the following formats: csv, doc, excel, html, ppt. The info are mainly text, but there is also a collumn with pictures. So to the question. Is it possible to make one list in excel, and then generate the rest of them from there? Today we use a lot of time every...

Propagating security settings
When I create folder and registry key I set its full access to Everyone. But these settings are not propagated to folders and subkeys created after that. Is there way to set setting on folder and registry key so all subkeys and subfolders created after that would inherit parent permissions? As far as I know if you pass a NULL as the lpSecurityAttributes for CreateDirectory it inherits its secuity descriptor from its parent. From MSDN lpSecurityAttributes [in] Pointer to a SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES structure. The lpSecurityDescriptor member of the structure specifies a security descriptor for th...

Publisher File formats
I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I save the file I still get the pub extension after the .tif' Can I not save in anything but pub? Thanks Ray, It would help us to answer your question if you told us which version of Publisher you are using. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006101c3dc62$7649ce40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to send file in a tif or jpeg format but when I > save the f...

Setting Mailbox Quotas for All Users
Hello, I would like to set mailbox quotas for all users. I would like the mailbox quota to be the same for every user. Could someone help me out? Thanks! On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:49:08 -0800, SQL, Access, FrontPage, IIS, ODBC, ASP <SQLAccessFrontPageIISODBCASP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I would like to set mailbox quotas for all users. I would like the mailbox >quota to be the same for every user. Could someone help me out? > >Thanks! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822938 "HOW TO: Use System Policies to Configure Mailbox Storage Limits in E...

Set all users to cache mode?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2, our users are 80% Outlook 2003 and the rest are 2000. How can we get all the 2003 users to use the cached mode in one "hit"? can a group policy do it? On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:24:02 -0800, "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 SP2, our users are 80% Outlook 2003 and the rest >are 2000. How can we get all the 2003 users to use the cached mode in one >"hit"? can a group policy do it? Deploy with the Custom Install Wizard using the office resource kit. http://office.microsoft.co...

List servers and their DNS server settings
I am trying to get a list of server names and their primary and secondary DNS server settings. If I try the following command: get-wmiobject Win32_networkadapterconfiguration -computername "servername | select name, DNSServerSearchOrder It would give me the specific servername and its dns addresses. I know have a list of computernames which I would like to list out and their DNSserversearchorder settings (DNS settings) I tried putting the list of computernames in a text file by using get-qadcomputer | export-csv C:\computername.txt -notype Then I used the get-con...

Conditional formatting of text
Greetings, all - I am creating a simple spreadsheet template to be distributed to users for data entry purposes. The first column contains the names of the desired data elements. The second column contains the definition for each data element. The definitions are formatted in red text. I intend for the user to remove the definition and replace it with the proper information for each element. For example: Data Element Definition 1.0 LastName The last name of the person to whom questions about the sample should be directed. The user would replace ...

Signature format changes in replies with Outlook 2007
Hi We are using Outlook 2007 and are finding that our signatures will sometimes change font and spacing in reply messages. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks ...

My Account Settings, Icons, Files are "Missing"
Recently, I booted up and discovered that my personalized icons (under my account) had disappeared from the desktop. The Account Name is "Gilxxx" but my data is under "Curxxx" When I looked closer, I was able to see the directory structure in my "Documents and Settings" folders, but none of the files. The files are there, however, as I can play MP3s in Windows Media Player (and they are in my My Music directory). And, when I tried to add new desktop icons to "re-create" my old desktop, Windows tells me that a shortcut with that name alread...

Set of Dialogs -Delete Any Dialog at Runtime-Organize Pos
Hai I Have set of Dialogs created a Runtime and those are placed sequentially in a postion by using SetWindowPos and now i want to delete a Dialog using close button associated with that Dialog which is placed at a Position the Dialog Order shoulnd rearrange automatically and is there any way to do that Thanks and Regards Mike SetWindowPos. Uusually if you have a set of dialogs there is an application window of some sort associated with the application. What I would do is have the dialog's close handler post a message indicating the dialog had closed, then...

multiple conditional formats
How can I set up a worksheet for more than 3 conditional formats You can't. You would have to use a VBA macro to apply the formatting, which would be static and not change with changes in the cell values -- you'd have to run the macro again. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:57:03 -0700, "RC" <RC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I set up a worksheet for more than 3 conditional formats On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:57:03 -0700, "RC" <RC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I set up a worksheet for more than 3 conditional formats You can use ...

Percentage format lost
I have a form with an unbound text box whose row source type is this select query: SELECT CheckFinalPercentages.AllocType, CheckFinalPercentages.[Master-Sub], CheckFinalPercentages.SumOfPERCOUT AS Pct FROM CheckFinalPercentages ORDER BY CheckFinalPercentages.AllocType DESC , CheckFinalPercentages.[Master-Sub]; The query runs fine and returns the SumOfPERCOUT in percent format when I run the query...it used to return it in percent format also on the form, but I must have done something that made me lose it. Now, each time I open the form, the third column is returned in number format (1...

How do I set the worksheet to save before closing?
When there is a change in a worksheet and I try to close it, a message asks me whether I want to save the worksheet or not? How do I turn on this notification before closing the sheet? Open your workbook. Hit Alt+F11 or Tools-->Macro-->Visual basic editor (VBE). On the left, double-click ThisWorkbook. Paste the following code into the ThisWorkbook code window. Hit the Save diskette at top-left. Close the VBE. Make a change to the workbook, and close it to test. Was the change saved? Should be. :) Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveWorkbook.Save...

how to active the ribbon Tab automatically when the form opens[Access 2007]
Dear I built a ribbon tab for a form. It works fine and when the form opening, the ribbon will be loaded fine. But it would be focus (or active) automatically. It still focus in the tab where I set now. Please help.!!urgent.!! Another question: is the callbacks for the ribbon always in Modules? I remember in Access 2003, the callbacks function could be in the form class modules. If all the callbacks should be in the Modules, does it mean we need distinguish which form or report is active now? Thank you very much. Jason Jiang Hi Ribbon is the new command bar system in office 2007...

How do I change the format of how my active cell in Excel is view.
I sometimes have trouble locating which cell is active in my Excel worksheet. I would like to be able to change it to something other than just a heavy black border. Here is one way that highlights the row and column of the activecell. Private Sub WorkSheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target.EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35 End With With Target.EntireColumn .FormatConditions.Delete .FormatConditions.Add T...

format changes on pivot table although preserve formatting is che.
Post the question the body of the message, subject lines get truncated -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Aannd" <Aannd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:282F34F1-42CA-4F0A-8A62-A71C64E30741@microsoft.com... > ...

BUG in O2K3
I posted this yesterday, with no response, and am posting again today as this is clearly a bug in Office 2003. Office 2003 is not properly integrated (well not at all!) with the IE setting "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" (Internet Options - Advanced). This causes severe readability issues for users who need to make many url clicks from within Outlook, and don't want multiple instances of the IE window opening. See this for someone else's report of the same issue: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=b9c079b670 8a7bde&...

Can't send email thru Outlook 2002. PLS help...
I can receive emails fine, but everytime i try to send i get an "undeliverable" email back with the error "Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed". It looks like it's trying to find my IP address, but can't. I have a router that looks to be set up fine as I did the troubleshooting section that specified this problem, but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. That error is generated by antispam software on the recipients mail server. Are you running your own SMTP server? If so, it's a problem with your server, if not contact your provider since the...