How to create an access database programatically in C#

I have created access databases in VB6, but now I am working in C#.  I am
trying to create a Microsoft Access Database programatically in C#, but can't
figure out how to do it.  Can anyone give me any pointers?

You'll probably have more luck asking in a C# newsgroup. Most of us here
work from within Access, not from outside it.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Brian Kitt" <BrianKitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created access databases in VB6, but now I am working in C#.  I am
> trying to create a Microsoft Access Database programatically in C#, but
> can't
> figure out how to do it.  Can anyone give me any pointers?

0
Douglas

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

how to create formula to divide two rows autoaatically
Is there any way to setup a sheet or create a formula so that it will divide the data in column A by Column B anytime the data is entered and put it into columnC ? What I am trying to do is create a spreadsheet for calculating fuel MPG. So I have columns as miles, gallons and the calculation as MPG. What I want to do is anytime a value is entered into miles and gallons, to calculate mpg and put it into that respective cell. Is there any way I can do this ? Thanks -- Tony Tony, in Column C, type the formula =sum(a1/b1). This should give you the result you are looking for. Hop...

Time reg: Creating an Outlook Calendar appointment from the order
It would be a great feature when it comes to time registration, if it was possible from the Order View in the CRM Outlook client to draw an order directly into the Outlook Calendar, thereby using it for time registration. In that case, it should be possible to select which data fields would be transferred to the Outlook Calendar Appointment, enabling all sorts of time usage statistics. I'm quite certain many companies would benefit from such a feature. I know we would. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

MS Access to MS excel
When I'm Access�. After a report has been generated (in Word format) I usually merge i with MS Excel and then email it off to our clients. However the forma of some of the fields change when this merge takes place. The date column will be in a date format in Access but when merged wit Excel the date format changes to a text format (what this means is tha the properties of the date column changes when the merge takes place) This change affects how our clients ingest the data I send them Yo can see this by going into one of the date cells in Excel and checkin the properties. I am u...

Creating Emails (Recevied) with SDK
I've been trying to write a SDK program that will take a file of received emails and upload them to CRM. I need to do this programmatically and have multiple people in the to address (Data Migration Wizard only allows 1). I can create emails easily enough and create the emails. However, I cannot set incoming emails where the sender is a contact to closed and received. Has anyone tried this before? ...

Quit creating duplicate desktop icons when doing upgrades/hotfix #2

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

XML vs. SQL Database
I am developing a home project to be later released as an online application. I am currently using XML to store game data, user/member data, and other. Assuming a user base of 10,000 active users, is there a conflict if one user is updating information and another user is creating data on the same xml file? For example: User 1: update inventory that exists in the XML file User 2: new user adding their inventory data in the XML file Thanks for your help. Michael "Michael Jesse" <michaeljesse1973@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:tUVDd.13357$iC4.7938@newssvr30.news....

Create Assembly Call
hi All, can the create assembly call under update entity be used to add a certain number of hours/days/months/years to a date. i am trying to do this workflow if variable 1 = yes then create a task update variable 1 sent = yes variable 1 date = execution time can i use the create assembly workflow to add x number of days to variable 1 date and show in variable 2 date. any advice would be helpful please. thanks heaps regards Ridhima If Variable 1 Date is a DateTime field in CRM, then yes. You can use the Add DateTime assembly to take the Value in the DateTime field (which would be t...

Database Size difference after execution
I have recently converted an Access 97 application to Access 2002, simply put all the application does is read in a datafile, run calculations, and output a new datafile. What I have noticed in testing the conversion is that at the end of the execution the Access 2002 database is nearly 3 times the size of the Access 97 database running the same execution. Once a manual compact is done the Access 2002 database is much smaller however during execution is is exceeding 2GB in size depending on the input file compared to 800MB with the Access 97 version. My question is if anyone has a...

where databases are to be stored in Access
i don't know where databases are to be stored in access, im excited about the search on access in order to be a professional user like others. cheers Microsoft Access uses a single file, with the ".mdb" extension, to store everything. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "darkus" <darkus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0933B08B-2051-4C0F-B0E7-D644C7E7B606@microsoft.com... > i don't know where ...

pass parameters back from C/C++ to JScript
Hi, all I import Microsoft Webbrowser Control to my VC6 MFC project and customize the web browser with my own doc handler. The following is the implemenation: ICustomDoc * pCustdoc; m_WebBrowser.GetDocument()->QueryInterface(&pCustdoc); // m_WebBrowser is an instance of Microsoft Webbrowser Control if (pCustdoc) { pCustdoc->SetUIHandler(m_pDocHandler); // m_pDocHandler is my doc handler for the web browser. pCustdoc->Release(); } Then I can call C/C++ functions from web page JScript, such as: external.MyFunc("abcdef"). In this way, I can pass parameters fr...

Full Recovery versus Simple database backup
Has anyone experienced any issues/problems with converting the database to Full Recovery mode rather than Simple? I plan on scheduling this for the middle of the night as to not slow down my network, but wondered if there would be any other issues associated with this change. Thanks Adam Hi Adam. You should not see any performance in your network from converting from simple model to full recovery mode. Many will tell you that your transaction logs will not grow in simple recovery, but there is growth. Yet there is a great deal more in Full Recovery mode. Once you make the change,...

Failing to import the sample database: Adventure Works Cycle
I have installed the MSDN Subscriber version of MSCRM. I have installed the license key and have been awarded 6 professional key licenses. I have installed the system and is working. When I want to import the sample database I am getting an error that I don't have enough licenses. What should I do. Joachim, Did you already add the users to CRM? This is a common mistake people make. The sample data load will add the users into CRM and assign licenses to them. If you already did this, the 5 licenses are no longer available. You either need to remove the licenses form the users and...

How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from exc
How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from within Excel 2002? I know it can be done somehow using the SQL.Request addin function. However my attempts using this function have continually failed. Can some one please provide a working example to the pubs or Northwind dbs that I can work with and use to help debug my attempt? Thank you! ...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How to remove entries from the driver store repository programatic
Hi All, Can anybody help me to know 'How to remove any entries from the driver store repository programtically?' Manually i can remove entries from the driver store repository using pnputil.exe. I would like to do the same programatically. Normally Vista and above OS will remember older entry of the driver in the driver store. Just to mimic what OS is doing (device Manage right click select uninstall and check the option to remove the driver files) Thanks in advance for helping me in this regard. Regards, Phaneswar > Can anybody help me to know 'How to r...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...