how to convert database written in Turkish MS Access to English MS Access

Hi,

Our head office in Turkey has designed database (Access 2003) (all
queries, search forms, reports, background calculations etc. in Turkish).

They sent the files over. We do not have Turkish version of Office here.
Only English version (Access 2003). And we have to use the same data and
structure with English interface.

Is there any way to convert that database into English one with all of
its details?

A quick help is very much appreciated

Thanx

Hakan
0
Hakan834

Hi,

if you're talking about the code and structures, I don't see why a database
made in a Turkish version wouldn't work on an English version.  Normally the
VBA in any version (even french) is written in english, and function names
will be automatically translated.  You can try and see if the code generates
errors in an english version.
If you're talking about the labels on forms and reports and the language in
message boxes: I'm afraid you will have to translate those yourself.  Perhaps
you could add some tables and code to make a multi-language version there.
--
Kind regards
Noëlla

"Hakan834" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our head office in Turkey has designed database (Access 2003) (all
> queries, search forms, reports, background calculations etc. in Turkish).
>
> They sent the files over. We do not have Turkish version of Office here.
> Only English version (Access 2003). And we have to use the same data and
> structure with English interface.
>
> Is there any way to convert that database into English one with all of
> its details?
>
> A quick help is very much appreciated
>
> Thanx
>
> Hakan

Hi Hakan,

Michael Kaplan has an article published in the December, 2000 issue of Smart
Access that deals with this type of problem. The article is titled "If You’re
Turkish, Say "I": Handling International Bugs".

Collections of back issues of Smart Access were recently made available for
purchase by VB123.com. Here is a link to an index by author:

http://www.vb123.com/smart/saindex/Smart%20Access%20Author%20Index.pdf

The article in question is shown on page 7, in the "silver" collection, of
this .pdf document. You can purchase one or more of the collections by going
to this site:

     http://www.vb123.com/smart/

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

"Hakan834" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our head office in Turkey has designed database (Access 2003) (all
> queries, search forms, reports, background calculations etc. in Turkish).
>
> They sent the files over. We do not have Turkish version of Office here.
> Only English version (Access 2003). And we have to use the same data and
> structure with English interface.
>
> Is there any way to convert that database into English one with all of
> its details?
>
> A quick help is very much appreciated
>
> Thanx
>
> Hakan

Pysical inventory updating database
Am I missing something. After using the physical inventory program to enter the actual count on items in our store the on hand quantity in the item record has not changed. What did we do wrong? Shouldn't this update the item record? Figured it out. The user's guide is horrible!!!! "Larry Jenuwine" wrote: > Am I missing something. After using the physical inventory program to enter > the actual count on items in our store the on hand quantity in the item > record has not changed. What did we do wrong? Shouldn't this update the > item record? ...

Wrong Database During High Web Server Load
Hi all, Our issue is a little complex. Our system is an update from a legacy system that had our clients host their own databases and software. We are now completely ASP.net based, but have each of our clients data in their own SQL Server 2005 databases. Currently we have about 150 clients migrated and therefore 150 DB's. Each of our clients has a client id and all of users are related to a client. So, when a user logs in, we know which client they belong to. That client ID is then used to to point to the correct database for all future requests. A table in an ...

Reports access
Hi how to block access to the reports for a group of users I don't believe you can do this. Bear in mind that a user will only see the records in a report that their security role permits them to with read access. Regards PeterC "usankar" wrote: > Hi > > how to block access to the reports for a group of users ...

Access in guest acct XP Pro
i need to allow a guest account to use the PC, but deny access to Control Panel, Network Places. Lots of pretty complicated regedits, gpedits, etc. any easy, less scary way? thanx ...

Mailbox access permission for admin
In the past, we grant CIO the full access to particular user's mailbox and the access permission will be revoke afterward. Is there a way to check if there's some of the mailboxes still have access by the CIO? (instead of go into each user's properties) ...

MS Query convert text to #
I am querying a data base that is returning a number as text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actual number in the query, before it is returned to excel??? Thanks to everyone that replies. In Microsoft Query, you can create a calculated field. For example, if the field name is ItemCode: Click in a blank column heading Type an expression to convert the text to a number, e.g.: ItemCode+0 or CLng(ItemCode) Return the data to Excel Shane wrote: > I am querying a data base that is returning a number as > text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actua...

Block Relay Access
I work for a small company that uses MS Exchange running on a 2003 SBS server with ISA firewall. We're having a problem with people using our server to send their emails. At any given time, we can take a look at the current sessions and see 5-10 sessions connected. As I said, we're a small company and there is no way that all those emails are originating with us. What we would ideally like to do is force everyone who wants to send an email out from our server to authenticate using their username/password from the Active Directory. I've tried a variety of settings, but n...

Users accessing same table
I have an Access 2003 database on a small network (server + 4 pc's) with the database split and each PC having its own front end. Recently the users have reported not being able to access the same form at the same time, they have to wait until the other user has finished and closed it before accessing it. Any suggestions regarding this problem? What error message are they getting? They should have no issue opening the same form, but there could be a lock conflict if they try to access the same record at the same time. Please post some more information (the exact error) s...

easiest way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report
Does anyone know an easy way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report so that it resembles a spreadsheet, other than manually drawing vertical and horizontal lines? You can use the Line method of the report in its Page event. Use a loop to repeat at whatever grid size you want. Measurements are in twips, where 1440 twips = 1 inch This is how the Line method works: Me.Line (Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleLeft)-(Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleHeight), vbRed -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rathe...

Outlook HTTP access generates blank message
Server: Windows & Exchange 2000 Client: Outlook 2003 We have some users that remotely access their email via the HTTP functionality in Outlook. Doing so is generating completely blank messages in their inbox � no subject, sender or recipient and the headers are totally blank. It seems like these messages usually appear after deleting a normal message from the Inbox. Any ideas what is causing this? TIA! Tony ...

Converting a Date
I have a column with dates in the format mm/dd/yyyy. I would like to have an additional column the will give me only the month and another only the year, all from the above date column Pls Advise. Thankyou. Do not store the month and year in other columns. Instead extract the month and years using the Month() and Year() functions. They will give you number of both. For example today (March 19, 2010) will show up as 3 for the month. If you need to see March instead of 3, use the Format Function something like below: Format([TheDateColumn], "MMMM") -- Jerry Whi...

Rename database Object from another Database
I need to Delete a table and rename other table with the name of the deleted table. But I wan to do all this from another database using VBA Hi, you can do something like this, air code to show the idea: dim dbs as database set dbs=dbengine.opnedatabase ("c:\my.mdb") dim tdf as tabledef set tdf=dbs.tabledefs("MyTable") tdf.name="NewTableName" dbs.close and you can use TableDefs.Delete to delete table -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "Manuelauch" <Manuelauc...

Converting a Exchange 2000 IS to Exchange 2003
I was tryingto convert Exchange 2000 Public IS to an Exchange 2003 Publix IS. How can I convert it and once converted how can I restore it to an Exchange 2003 Public IS? Eric Eric wrote: > I was tryingto convert Exchange 2000 Public IS to an > Exchange 2003 Publix IS. How can I convert it and once > converted how can I restore it to an Exchange 2003 Public > IS? > > Eric If you restore it to an Exchange 2003 server then the database will be upgraded to an Exchange 2003 version of the database. Or do an in-place upgrade of the Exchange 2000 server. ...

Recovery Storage Group error when trying to add database #2
Can you please tell me where I would make the change to the DN as described below? Hi, The problem is that in the distinguished name of the database there is a single parenthesis without its match. Examples of this would include: cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG1,cn=First Storage Group,.... cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG2),cn=Second Storage Group (TestServer,cn=... If you add the closing parenthesis and force replication of the Active Directory the "Add Databases to Recover" dialog should work properly. The problem is the LDAP request that is sent to the Domain Controller to render ...

Accessing a document from classes that are included in a dialog
Hi, I have a dialog that includes a class "ListBoxPair" which includes "ListBox". In this class, I would like to access the doc to update variables What is the best way to do it? Many thanks Thank you very much. I am sorry for the stupid question, I am just new in it: Should I write a constructor that gets this argument? How should it look like? An additional question, when it works, how do I go up to get this doc (from the class I mentioned before)? Thank you very much for your help "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" wrote: > Liat wrote: > > Hi, > &g...

Converting Pub to JPeg
Have MS Small Bus. Office 2007. I quite often create marketing flyers in Publisher to be emailed to business prospects. I recently started savings these as JPeg's. First of all, which resolution should I use: Web (96dpi); Standard (150 dpi) or High Quality (300 dpi)?? Next question: Then I create an (Outlook 2007) email and insert the particular Jpeg marketing flyer in the "body" of the email. Is this the best way to achieve my desire to send marketing info to business prospects via email? OR, should I simply have the marketing piece as a attachment? Any other sug...

New 75GB Database limit not recognized
I installed Exchange 2003 sp2 a few months ago. I upped the limit to 75GB. Our database was at 20GB and life was fine. A few days ago, Symantec Mail Security broke. I had to uninstall and re-install. Now, the 1216 message in the event log says my limit is 18GB and it dismounts my store every 48 hours or so. The registry changes haven't changed. What gives? Have you tried to reapply Exchange Service Pack 2? Chris <google@dwightrjohnson.com> wrote in message news:1158764967.787848.326410@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I installed Exchange 2003 sp2 a few months ago. > I u...

Administrator Privileges in MS CRM
Hi We have customized Microsoft CRM to show ISV screen from Accounts screen. Now we want to restrict access to the ISV screen only to the privileged users. The case right now is that whoever has access to the accounts screen can access the ISV screen too. Is there anyway that I can set privileges on this ISV custom screen? Thanks, Rajesh Write custom code in your ISV page to run security. Or use NT security on the page on a per-user or per-group basis. <rajesh@solutionsoftware.com> wrote in message news:aa8abed4.0309250419.59d43a7d@posting.google.com... > Hi > We have customize...

Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading
I have an environment with 4 exchange 2003 servers 1 frontend and 3 backend servers. I have 3 servers in one site 1 is the FE server and 2 are the BE servers, one of these servers is on another site. There is no proxy server between these servers and all of them are in the same network and there no traffic being filtered between these exchange servers. Suddenly I started seeing this message when users are oppening OWA ( Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading..." Message Is Displayed). I have checked the authentication settings and all settimngs have ...

Excel as a Database
Hi, I m using invoice in excel. Is there any way to store record of last sales as a database? I want do it in only in excel. Give me complete process. RRS Hi Rao Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBC96E-24F5-45F1-8B16-FFCAC322D846@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I m using invoice in excel. Is there any way to store record of last sales > as a database? > I want do it in only in excel. Give me complete process. > > R...

Access Version and "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter"
HiI know that you can use DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter only inAccess Version XP and Higher.So I have created following code:If sAccVersion => "10.0" Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter Else MsgBox "........" Exit SubEnd IfSome users user Acc2000 and some XP.The users with Acc2000 have of course problems with the lines of code above,because Acc2000 can not read:DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitterSo my question is:Is it possible to use acCmdDatabaseSplitter in my code without gettingproblems with the users who use Acc2000.Thanks for the hel...

Converting to PDF file
What is the best way to convert a publisher file to a PDF file? Iam publishing an email newsletter and want to create in Publisher. margy wrote: > What is the best way to convert a publisher file to a PDF file? Iam > publishing an email newsletter and want to create in Publisher. The best way is to export directly from Publisher 2007. However, as this product isn't available outside of beta yet, the next best alternative is to use a pro-level PDF converter such as Adobe Acrobat. The next best alternative to this is to use a free PDF converter such as PrimoPDF, available from ...

How to use Hotmail with MS Outlook 2002
Hi there; I want to use MS Outlook 2002 [Office XP] for send/rcv of Hotmail msgs. So what do I put in at the "HTTP server URL" on the account properties? The default URL in does not seem to be working, but it seems editable. And what about Outlook Express 6, if there is a solutoin, is it the same for Outlook Express 6? And what about MSN/GMAIL webmail srvr URL? Thanks much in advance. Ahmed AHMED wrote: > Hi there; > > I want to use MS Outlook 2002 [Office XP] for send/rcv of Hotmail > msgs. > > So what do I put in at the "HTTP server URL"...

Import Excel to Access
I was having a problem importing data from Excel to Access. The field size within Access tables was limited, but then I found out to change the Default field type to Memo. This worked for the most part, but I'm still unable to get the full data from some Excel cells into Access. It seems like text is still being cut off (limited). I figured out a work around by adding a row ontop of the Excel work sheet and to just include large text field sizes, so that it's automatically detected as Memo during the import into Access. Apparently some of the cells were causing the impo...

Access database on my Web site
I hate to even ask this, but I'm going a bit crazy here. Can anyone tell me how to take a simple little db that I have developed in Access 2003, that simply collects people's names and put it on my web site? The other thing is, once it is loaded to the web site, how do I get to the data? There is so much info available that I am getting massively confused. I use Frontpage 2000 for my Web editor if that is of any help. Any help would be seriously and very greatly appreciated! Thanks. SJ You'll need to create web pages that can communicate with your mdb file. You can use ASP...