How do I use the connection string to connect to a table on the database that I am working on.

I have two related tables. and one form of which one of the tables is a
subform and i want to write the data on the subform to a textfile. I
used this code to connect to the table but because I have already
opened the MDB. I get the error that the file is already openned.

 objConn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
 objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
                           "Data Source=C:\Documents and
Settings\exds006\Desktop\Electronic LIV;" & "Persist Security
Info=False"

objConn.Open

Is there another way of accessing the data on the subform without using
the connection string.

0
Bright

Make a pivot table from an existing pivot table
I'm trying to make a completely new pivot table out of an existing pivot table where the existing table is actually the source data (not the original data table). The problem I have is that this intermediate pivot table has 3 columns of unique values (with over 1000 rows) before we get to the data. I can't just copy it and make a pivot table, or create a mirror sheet that isn't a pivot table because of the blank cells underneath each change in value. I have this: Source Name Attempts Data Mail Joe 1 654 2 700 ...

PDF Table to Excel Spreadsheet
This has been asked in numerous places all over the web but I have not found a workable solution. We have a mainframe system that generates PDF reports for billing. However, few people in our organization these days speak mainframe. We need Excel to do calculations on the data. I began working on a method for converting using UEdit Macros and an Excel macro because the fields are fixed-width. My attempts have been unsuccessful. Here is what I want to accomplish: -Copy a region of text from a PDF -Paste into Excel -Break the values out into the appropriate cells. http://www.google.com/sea...

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

ADC Connection Agreement Wizard
I have a mixed Windows 2000 and NT 4.0 network that I inherited. We have Exchange 5.5 running on an NT 4 BDC, and there is also an Exchange 2000 server at a separate site in the domain. We are preparing to install a new Exchange 2003 server at the main site and migrate all the users from the Exchange 5.5 server then decommission the old server. It doesn't appear that the Exchange 2000 server was joined to the Exchange 5.5 organization when it was installed because they are different business units. However, when I try to join the Exchange 2003 server to the Exchange 5.5 organization I ...

Best way to design tables for cascading on my form
My company inspects damaged cars for insurance purposes. Up to now, (relating to this issue) I've had tblDamageArea populate a list box on my form where the user can select the various parts of the car that were damaged. I've had this list include parts for multiple kinds of cars and I'd like to make this list cascade to include only those parts relevant to the car type inspected. I've created a tblVehType to separate Sedan, Coupe, 4DoorTruck, SUV, etc. which populates a cbo on my form where the user will select the type which will then be used as the crite...

Missing something basic
Working with Access 2003. I have a table of users, their phone numbers, and job classes called tblUsers. A query extracts that information into qryUsers. I have a form that uses the query as the record source called frmUsers. The form only contains a single combobox so someone can select the user for which they wish to view data in other forms. It works fine for the first user on the list in the combobox. Selecting any other user in the combobox causes the first record in the table to change to that user's name. For example: The table and the query both contain: Timmy Bobby ...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

SBS2003 + Internet Explorer
We have a customer who has an SBS 2003 Premium server with ISA 2004 They have just installed a bolt on to Outlook which searches their mailboxes or something. They have discovered that they cannot get this to work unless the untick the 'Use automatic configuration script' in Internet Explorer. Trouble is each time they re-boot a PC the tick comes back, so sounds like it's a policy setting somewhere. What is this ? Where is it configured and what are the implications of turning it off ? Could it be that rather than turn it off whatever it is ought to be con...

Outlook rule not working
I have a rule that looks at specific words in the subject and then forwards the message to another email address. I receive 2 emails daily with the same subject. Only 1 message gets forwarded. The difference between the 2 emails is that one is sent directly to my email address and the other is forwarded to my email address from a Gmail account that is setup with email forwarding. The email that is forwarded from my Gmail account never gets forwarded by the rule. The subject line of the Gmail email is identical to the subject line of the message that does get forwarded. Does anyone ...

Outlook 2000 Corp edition connection issue
Hi, I have 70 machines running outlook 2000 corporate install and they are all working fine except one machine. Our environment consists of both win98 ad win2k machines running ofice 97 and oulook 2000. This one particular machines is a intel pIII 550 256mb ram 20gig hdd. This machine is having trouble connecting to the exchange server. It pings at <10ms to the exchange server and all other network applications work great. THis is a recent issue with this machine and the user needs to retry 3-4 times before it will connect. If I have left out any info that would help you be...

COM Add-Ins stopped working
Hi, yesterday at some point I closed Outlook and was surprised to find it hadn't checked for mail in a long time. As a result I got about 20 spam messages in my inbox and right after that Outlook closed. It wasn't long after that that I restarted Outlook, hoping SpamBayes would get to work and start cleaning the mess up. It didn't. Just a bunch of new spam and absolutely no automatic functionality whatsoever from SpamBayes. I tried to open the spambayes menu, I tried clicking its buttons, but none of them would react. I even re-installed SpamBayes to no avail. Then I went to check...

CONVERT not working
I loaded the Analysis pack addin, typed 100 in B1, in B2 typed =CONVERT(B1, "F", "C") and I get #VALUE, no matter what I do. I changed number format also but of no avail. What's wrong? Do you get TRUE if you do =ISNUMBER(B1) If you get FALSE you should get that error? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7oHwQ7eHHA.2376@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I loaded the Analysis pack addin, typed 100 in B1, in B2 typed =CONVERT(B1, >"F", "C") and I get #VALUE, no matter what I do. I...

Select all shapes that is connected to a Shape
Is their any way in viso to choose all shapes that is connected to a Shape by line connector Through code. You can walk the shapes collection to find the line connectors and then walk the line connectors connection collections (there is a from and a to collection) to find out who they are connected to. If you want to select the shapes connected to a line, you can select a line and run VBA code to change the selection to the shapes connected to the line using the lines connection collections. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need V...

Summing cells in pivot tables
I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-click on a cell that I want to add, the formula from that cell gets added. Eventually I run out of characters. Is there a way to switch how the cell gets picked up. I can manually enter the cell addresses that I am trying to sum but that takes forever. Thanks, Ted There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Ted wrote: > I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-cli...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

Mailbox Manager doesn't work
We're running Exchange 5.5 w/SP4 and the drive housing our Information Store is about out of room. I'm frantically trying to get users to remove files, but, would like to be able to force the deletion of Deleted Items from the server. We installed MM on each server (we're running a clustered Exchange server, on WinNT 4.0 w/SP6a), and, have tried to run it several times, in both Audit and actual mode, but...nothing happens. My mailbox is the Admin box, but, I never get any mail, and, the files never get deleted. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! ...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

From Database to XML
I have a simple database with address information about a member... I must get that information in a xml document on the server, and then read it again, without saving it locally.... This is what database is like: Member - Name - Street - Number - Zipcode - City - Land Can somebody help me out? Thanks Koen I`m one step further than i was.... Now i have all the address information in a DataSet, and all his further information in another DataSet... How can i get those two DataSets in the XML Document?? Can somebody help me come any further?? Dikkuuhh wrote: > I have a simple d...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

scramble names on work roster
Hi all.. I got this roster on a excell work book. Could you please help me to get the following. the names on the first collumn has to be put random in the grid below the roster. but first check and see if the person work morn shift. only if person 4 is working morning on monday 18 may then his name can be added to the grid below every week i print one of these rosters. these names must be scrambled every week on the below grid. the last condition is that the names must be duplicated as littel as possible From time to time i add or take away names. Geen uitruilings sal ged...

Manufacturing BOM Where Used query
Winthin manufacturing there is a where-used inquiry window that will show all BOMs that a given item appears in. You can also expand that view to see what BOMs and item's parent is used in. Some of our BOMs are 10 layers deep. In our environment we need to know which category of finished goods each purchased item is used in. Currently we maintain this manually and store the info in an inventory user-defined field. Over time as the number of our finished goods and purchased parts has increased this has become an unmangeable process. I need to find a way to query the BOM tables a...

My database has suddenly locked up
Hi My database has suddenly locked up. I keep getting this message when I try to add a new module: The database has been placed in a state by user <name> on machine <name> that prevents it from being opened or locked. (Error 3734) What happened? How do I unlock the thing? Stapes Is the user name and machine in the message you? If so, close you mdb and look in the same directory for an ldb file. If it exists, delete it. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stapes" wrote: > Hi > My database has suddenly locked up. I keep getting this message when I > tr...

determining bold font in a string
I have a spreadsheet where in order to code the importance of one word over another in a string words were entered in a bold in the string. Is there a function I can use to identify bold text in a string so it can be separated into a new column? You could use a userdefined function to extract the bold characters: Option Explicit Function GetBoldChars(myCell As Range) As String Application.Volatile True Dim iCtr As Long Dim OutStr As String Set myCell = myCell.Cells(1) 'one cell at a time OutStr = "" If myCell.Font.Bold = True Then ...

How to prevent the same program from running twice using vc?
Try this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/article.php/c299 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:#gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Checkout Bob's tip on this subject at http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/w32tip7.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > See also my essay on my MVP Tips site. joe On Wed, 8 Sep 2...