Getting a report to show a looked up value

I had a report in access 97 that worked fine. When converted to access 2000
it does not report the same. The report is based on a query. In the query,
one of the columns refers to a table and the field in that table is a lookup
value. The lookup field looks for a customer's number and then goes to the
next column to report the customer name. When the query shows the data, it
does not show the customer number - but it does show the customer name - and
that is just what I want. However, when the report comes out, it does not
show the customer name - it shows the customer number. Any help would be
appreciated.
--
canusa@discussions.microsoft.com

Open the query for your report in design view.

Add the Customer table to the query. You should see a line joining the
Customer table to your other table, based on the Customer's Number.

Now you can drag the customer name field into the output grid, and then
display it on the report.

If you have some records in your other table where the customer number is
null (blank), you will need to use an outer join or you won't get all your
records. More info:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/casu-02.html

The lookup field is notorious for confusing people, so many of us hate it:
    http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.

"canusa" <canusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a report in access 97 that worked fine. When converted to access 2000
> it does not report the same. The report is based on a query. In the query,
> one of the columns refers to a table and the field in that table is a
> lookup
> value. The lookup field looks for a customer's number and then goes to the
> next column to report the customer name. When the query shows the data, it
> does not show the customer number - but it does show the customer name -
> and
> that is just what I want. However, when the report comes out, it does not
> show the customer name - it shows the customer number. Any help would be
> appreciated.
> --
> canusa@discussions.microsoft.com

0
Allen

visual basic

open two different Access reports

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Getting the BCC field by default.

Input to custom reports

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

Value is BLANK

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

isinteg reports configuring tstmgr failed : ecBadVersion
we have lost our mail after NAV did it's worst. have performed eseutil /p and /d as suggested elsewhere now get error from isinteg help please Update - have now sorted this thanks ...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

Crystal Report Launch 2
(sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!) Can anyone explain this better? I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems to be useless: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842 can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost a mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen that url in another browser I get this error: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt. any help would be greatly ...

Outlook always looks to the web
Whenever I click on calendar or tasks or anything, I'm redirected to a web page that it can't find for a search. This just started. How do I shut it off ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...