Function for convertion of leters doesn't work.

I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on
small size but Access gives me a message that the function
is not defined.Please, do you know another function?
0
Stenli

MS Access does not have a LOWER function.    Try LCase() instead.

--
Cheryl Fischer
Law/Sys Associates

"Stenli" <svet2000@seznam.cz> wrote in message
> I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on
> small size but Access gives me a message that the function
> is not defined.Please, do you know another function?

0
Cheryl

Regarding button dosen't work
Regarding button dosen't work on none of the Outlook client CRM forms. Problem is just on one machine. CRM 1.2 Try clearing the IE cache on that machine. Gill >-----Original Message----- >Regarding button dosen't work on none of the Outlook >client CRM forms. Problem is just on one machine. CRM 1.2 >. > Thanks for reply but didn't work. Any other ideas? >-----Original Message----- >Try clearing the IE cache on that machine. > >Gill >>-----Original Message----- >>Regarding button dosen't work on none of the Outlook >>client C...

converting word tables to excel #2
I have a document that describes a new piece of software. The cost for each feature is described in a word table. I would like to extract these tables (with a makro?) into an excel sheet automatically. Any ideas anybody? Eckard If this is a one-time task, you can open the Word document, copy the table, and paste it into Excel. Eckard Buchner wrote: > I have a document that describes a new piece of software. The cost for each > feature is described in a word table. I would like to extract these tables > (with a makro?) into an excel sheet automatically. Any ideas anybody? -- De...

Converting UPC-E to UPC-A
Does anyone know if there is a way for RMS to convert the UPC-E (zero compressed) to UPC-A codes. I have the bar code scanner at each register set to convert the codes, but when building an item or manually entering an item it would be great to be able to have RMS decode the UPC code. Thanks Jay RMS will not do the conversion for you but what if you filled in all the information about the item then scanned the item into the ItemLookupCode field? The scanner should then place the expanded UPC into that field. The only other way is if you take the formula for converting a UPC-E to a UPC...

Work out overtime hours for individuals
Hi All I have a question which i am hoping someone will eb able to help me with, i have a spreadsheet which contains infromation for part time hours worked during the course of a month for individuals (e.g. below) Name Start End Hours Persona 1:30 2:30 1 Persona 3:30 4:30 1 Persona 9:30 11:30 person b person b person c person c person d etc etc What i need is a formula that will allo wme to add an extra column which gives me the total hours person a worked, person be worked and so on. The original data contains multiple lines (i.e persona could have 10 lines, personb15 lines etc etc), and...

Automatic reply does not work
I am trying to set Outlook to automatically reply with a template to any message with certains words in the subject line but it does not work. When I receive a message that the rule should apply to I get a popup window "Rules in Error" that says Cannot reply to message. I have tried everything I know but can't get the auto reply to send the message. Thanks for helping. For the benefit of others who may find this post (since you know the answer from another post) - it’s a bug in Outlook 2007 SP2. Best advice going forward is to make sure you have the latest upda...

simple query not working
Hi: Trying to set up a simple query, and can't figure out why its not working. Hope someone can help me think a little more clearly. Trying to link two tables: 1)tblServices, with fields 'ClientID#', 'DateofSvc', 'SvcCode' 2)tblCodes, with fields 'SvcCode', and 'SvcDescription' Join is 'SvcCode' Query design is to show ClientID, DateofSvc, SvcCode, and SvcDescription. SQL is "SELECT tblSERVICES.[ClientID#], tblSERVICES.DateofSvc, tblCodes.SvcCode, tblCodes.Description FROM tblSERVICES INNER JOIN tblCodes ON tblSERVICES.SvcCode = tblCodes...

AutoNumber Reset Doesn't Work in XP
We are running Access 2000 against a database on a network drive. I have a query in this database that resets an autonumber field (jrnl_line_nbr) back to 1 when a criteria is met. I accomplish this by appending the jrnl_line_nbr field from another table that has one row with the Long Integer number 1 in it (Microsoft recommended method). It has been working flawlessly for over a year running on a Windows 98 PC. I now need to have this run from a Windows XP PC. Resetting AutoNumber no longer works. The appended row has the value 1 in it, but the following rows pick up with the la...

Auto Correct in Outlook will not work
I have Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 and the auto correct feature will not work in Outlook or Word. I can add and see the entry in auto correct in both programs. However, when I try and use it, nothing happens. I am trying to get Fyi to turn into F.Y.I. You need to set the auto-correct options in Outlook 2007. 2007 no = longer depends on Word for its auto-correct options. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, di...

Converting Quicken file #2
I've been trying to convert from my Quicken file using the Money 2005 trial version, and it omits so many categories that it isn't even possible for me to use it. All the categories from the middle of the alphabet seem to be come out blank (gifts, insurance, etc). This did not happen with the Money 2004 trial, which I eventually decided not to use. What is going on and why can't MS correct this problem, as it will keep many Quicken users from buying the New Money. I notice others have had the same problem, so it isn't something unique with me. I can't comment o...

Converting Weekly Data into Monthly Averages
Could someone please show me a formula to average weekly data into monthly. I have a spreadhseet: Date Data 2/1/99 1.15 9/1/99 2.42 16/1/99 1.24 through to..... 25/2/05 3.54 How can i calculate the average of every month between 1999 and 2005? In other words, i need something which looks up all the weeks in a particular month (ie Jan 2001) and averages them out into a table: 1999 2000 ......... 2005 Jan 2.45 6.42 Feb 3.64 etc etc. I was thinking vlookup, but don't know how to average in a vlookup. I would ...

Convert time
Hi I am trying to add colums that contain 23.50 + 24.75 +26.13 +22.11 = all these numbers represent time in seconds and 100's of a second. the total comes out correct at 96.49 (seconds) but, I would like it to come out 1:36.49 which would be 1 min 36 sec and 49 100' of a second. I have tried formatting the total cell to [m]:ss.00 but this dosent work. Help Please Thanks =A1/24/60/60 Format as time This is because in Excel time is stored as a fraction of a day Of course you can divide by 86400 too -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "pauls56" <p...

Convert percentage into margin
Here is my quandry and I am probably over thinking it. I have a starting cost of $26.00 with an end cost of $26.54. I need to know the formula that will show the margin. If I divide $26.54 by $26 I end up with 1.021 but I can't create the formula to remove the leading 1 to get to the margin of 2.1%. Thanks for any help. Linda =26.54/26-1 "Linda" wrote: > Here is my quandry and I am probably over thinking it. I have a starting > cost of $26.00 with an end cost of $26.54. I need to know the formula that > will show the margin. If I divide $26.54 b...

Converting Access 2007 database to 2003??
HiA client has sent me an Access 2007 database to look at. Trouble is, Ionly have 2003. Is there any way I can convert the file. It isa .accdb file.Stapes "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174232720.992029.212060@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...> Hi>> A client has sent me an Access 2007 database to look at. Trouble is, I> only have 2003. Is there any way I can convert the file. It is> a .accdb file.He can convert it. You cannot.-- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVPEmail (as appropriate) to...RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

Scroll box does not work
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have a document that has scroll boxes sent to me, and I cannot get them to work, all I get is the picture. The odds are that ActiveX Controls were innappropriately used in the creation of the document. ActiveX isn't supported by the Mac OS. -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <RJ@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bae0d6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power > PC I have a document that has scroll ...

Concatenate function
I am using the following setup to force leading zeroes in my cells (thanks to another poster here) : Format Cells > Custom > 00000 This causes Excel to display any numbers with fewer than 5 digits in a manner such as 00067 (if the original number was 67, for example). My question is this: When using the CONCATENATE(A1&B1) function to join the cells in question, any cells whose source data contained fewer than 5 digits to begin with get Concatenated without those leading zeroes. I tried formatting them as ZIP Codes (automatically adds the leading zeroes), but Concatenate stil...

working with caret
hi! is it possible to send data to the caret ? i mean, lets assume we have 100 editboxes, the user clicks on one of the them, i want programmaticaly be able to send a letter to the selected editbox without knowing wich one(editbox) it is. climax! wrote: > hi! > > is it possible to send data to the caret ? i mean, lets assume we have > 100 editboxes, the user clicks on one of the them, i want > programmaticaly be able to send a letter to the selected editbox > without knowing wich one(editbox) it is. > // From MSDN Q145616 CEdit* CMainFrame::IsEditInFocus() { TCHAR s...

Multiple user accounts not working properly
I am running Windows XP and have three user account logins. I was also running Outlook Express and set up three email accounts (each on their own login).. the first two email setups worked great. But the third one wasnt recognizing my password as valid. I Contacted the ISP. Walked through setup. Still didnt work. ISP instructed me to access mail via the internet. That worked. ISP said that proves the account is valid. Now, I just upgraded to Outlook 2003. Same problem with the third email user account. Funny thing is that this "3rd" email account is one of the tw...

System-wide keyboard hook stops functioning problem !!!
Hi all. I write kinda application that monitors Caps Lock/Scroll Lock/Num Lock status in all system (Thanx Logitech for create keyboards with no indicator lights on upper right corner). Obviously i installed system-wide keyboard hook in dll, which sends messages to main window (modal dialog) whenever the state of these keys changes. Everything works fine at beginning, but after a while, for some odd reason, the dll stops sending messages to the main application. I logged all events in dll to file and really, it does not get any keyboard messages (installed hook procedure is never called...

User cannot log in after Outlook 2003 installation
Hello, We are experiencing the same issues as others (http://www.mcse.ms/message1591947.html) but moving the mailbox does not clear up our issue: Users who receive the Outlook 2003 software cannot log into their mailboxes the next day...although OWA works just fine. Below have been my troubleshooting steps: 1. Had user log into her peer's workstation and create a new profile - same error. 2. User can access OWA just fine. 3. Move mailbox to new server - same error. 4. Removed Mailbox Rights and readded them. 5. Created pst, disconnected mailbox, created new mailbox on different ...

Problem with Excel: Simple multiplying calculations don't work.
When I apply simple mulitiplication formulas to a spreadsheet, the formula always returns "0" as an answer. If i select the formula field and hit enter, it then returns the correct result. I have all the updates. It doesn't seem to happen when I create a new worksheet, only when I'm doing it in someone elses spreadsheet. There is no protection applied. -Dave Hi Dave, Can you give examples? Formulas, values, etc. Is automatic calculation turned off? Tools>Options>Calculation tab -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "dforty3" <dforty...

Converting / Squishing a publisher file
Yes I'm new to this...I have a promo document created in publisher...its over 30MB. I've had it converted to PDF format, however, its still 2MB...I was hoping someone had some ideas of how to make the file smaller...is there a way this can be done? I need to make it down to 1MB, for posting on a website...hence can it somehow be squished? I'd rather not break the document up...and looks great in the publisher format, as opposed to other programs. If you are using it on a web site, bring the images into an editing program and reduce the resolution of the images. Web pages...

function help needed
I am trying to put together a function for error logging into an sql2005 table. The function will be in the front end of the application. Below is what I have so far that is getting me frustrated. Originally, I had a stored procedure to with the insert which when executed worked fine. Most of it is below the execute line. I am trying to move it into the front end. As of now, I'm not even sure if I'm on the right path or not. The INSERT INTO is the table and the field. The ErrorDate is a datetime and ApplicationSignon is a bit. The remaining fields are varchar. ...

Will it work ?
Is there a way to run Money Plus on Linux Speculation: in a VM running Windows? There's always GnuCash. "desgnr" wrote: > Is there a way to run Money Plus on Linux ...

"rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry" Printer Deployment doesn't work with Publisher?
I'm deploying MS Publisher XP in a school Active Directory environment (Win2k Server, XP Pro Clients). To ease administration I've deployed a network printer shared from a Windows 2000 Server using the command: "rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /c\\<workstation> /n\\<servername>\<printshare>" The printer is installed for each User and everything prints fine for each user, Word, Wordpad, IE, etc... EXCEPT Publisher! When attempting to print from Publisher the following error message occurs: "Please choose another printer. Publisher cannot find t...

Convert text invoice into a table- please help!
Hi, We have an invoice in text format in excel. I need to convert in a table format to be able to convert it into a pivot I need macros created which can 1) delete blank rows 2) delete rows which start with certain text in a particular (the invoice heading appears frequently in every page) 3) each transaction is in 2 lines- need it to be in one line PAGE ROSANA ALAM 36422299601017 FINANCE CONTROLLER 30/03/10 MICROSOFT GULF FZE LLC MICROSOFT STAFF 1 P O BOX 52244 DUBAI AGN CODE:01 AGN NAME :DNATA TEMPORARY STATEMENT FOR MARCH 2010 DATE TICKET TRAN...