from access 97 to 2003

I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97
to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this
done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error -
1611: Could not find field 'Description'. I know this
might be basic but i am only a student and learning.
Please copuld ye help. What does this mean????????
0
Eoin

"Eoin" <jtleb@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97
>to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this
>done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error -
>1611: Could not find field 'Description'. I know this
>might be basic but i am only a student and learning.

This can be a sign of corruption in the original A97 MDB..   MAKE A
BACKUP COPY FIRST.   Then ensure your A97 MDB is clean first.   One
way would be to compact it to a new file.  That will generally locate
any corruptions or clean up minor corruptions.

"Could not find field "Description" It's possible the problem is with
a table that has a self-join and Memo fields, and has referential
integrity enforced. ACC2000: Table Corruption After Referential
Integrity Checks - 296389  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296389
But it's more likely to be a sign of corruption

For more information on corruption including possible causes,
determining the offending PC, retrieving your data, links, official MS
KB articles and a list of vendors who state they can fix corruption
see the Microsoft Access Corruption FAQ at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Outlook 2003 News

open two different Access reports

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

LDAP Write access?

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Excel 2003