form error 2000 >> 2002

Hi,

I migrated a database from access 2000 to 2002. After doing this i got a
wird error in on of the forms.  Its a form with about 40 calculated fields
and 10 subforms. In a lot of the fields "#name?" is displayed instead of the
value. When i go to the next record or open the form in design mode and
return then other fields display "#name?". I have checked for missing
referrences in my vb library but that gave no errors. Does anyone know how
to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Pieter

0
pieter

Hi,

My name is Amy Vargo.  Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups.

You will normally see #Name? if you have bound fields on a form, but the
field name either does not exist in the table/query the form is based on,
or the field name might have changed, but the controls on the form are
still pointing to the old field name.

To check, view the form in design view and view the properties of the form.
 Note if the record source is a table or a query.  Now view your field
list.  This lists the available fields and the way they should be spelled.
Now view the properties of the controls that show #Name?.  Verify that the
Name and Control Source match.

I hope this helps!  If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Amy Vargo
Microsoft Access Engineer

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

0
amyv
1/20/2004 2:17:29 PM

Access Newsgroups.

>You will normally see #Name? if you have bound fields on=20
a form, but the=20
>field name either does not exist in the table/query the=20
form is based on,=20
>or the field name might have changed, but the controls on=20
the form are=20
>still pointing to the old field name.
>
>To check, view the form in design view and view the=20
properties of the form.=20
> Note if the record source is a table or a query.  Now=20
view your field=20
>list.  This lists the available fields and the way they=20
should be spelled. =20
>Now view the properties of the controls that show=20
#Name?.  Verify that the=20
>Name and Control Source match.
>
>I hope this helps!  If you have additional questions on=20
this topic, please=20
>respond back to this posting.
>

>Regards,
>
>Amy Vargo
>Microsoft Access Engineer
>

>This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and=20
confers no rights.=20
>You assume all risk for your use. =A9 2001 Microsoft=20
Corporation. All rights=20
>reserved.
>
>.
>I have the same problem as the previos sender. I have=20
read your advice and checked but all is correct.  Ir I=20
delete many of the controls from the form, then the=20
remaining will work fine.  In access 2000 they all work=20
simultaneously.  Its as though access 2002 cannot handle=20
the complexity? surely this cannot be correct?
0
Simon

Sorting by Color in Excel 2000
I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group the rows in red font together. Is there anyway to sort by color? Thanks Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Greg" <gregor1974@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0ce901c4ac89$2be98dc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with > some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group > the rows in red font together. Is there anyw...

Move Mailbox errors
I'm currently migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. We're in a native mode Windows 2003 AD. I am migrating about 500 mailbox from a standalone Exchange 2000 to a WIndows 2003 / Exchange 2003 Active/passive cluster configuration. Mailbox moves have been going great up until yesterday. While moving the users in the normal way,2 mailboxes hung at 100%. In the "state" column, it says: "Saving changes to the directory". I let it sit at this stage for more than 10 hours. I then have to cancel the task, then it says cancel running tasks, and this wil...

outlook 2007 error message in archive folders
for no discernable reason some and only some of my archive folders will no longer open and give the following error message: the message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Oultlook I have restarted not only outlook but rebooted my computer with no positive result. I have also gone back a month to a restore point but this has not changed the position. As I say it is only some files and then only some subfiles in larger files. One month ago there were no issues. I have added no new programs to the computer Try running scanpst.exe against y...

Forms and old contacts.......
Hi U all...... Is there a way to change the form of an existing contact in Outlook 2002? I have emigrated to a new PC, but my forms didn't survive the move. So I have made a new form, but in my contacts subfolders all my contact are opened with the default form. I have gotten to this point that all new contacts are given the new form, but what about the old ones? If Outlook can change all contact to use default form, there surely must be a way to change it back, but I can't find it in the help file.... -- -- Regards Zadig Galbaras a perturbed Norwegian agnostic ...

Outlook 2000 #65
There is no From: line when I compose an e-mail. This does not allow me to choose which mail server I want the e- mail to be sent from. How do I fixed this? Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, check the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:042301c3ae1f$0b71c350$a401280a@phx.gbl, Bill wrote: > There is no From: line...

Adding 2nd email acct. to Outlook 2002
Hi: In older versions of Outlook you were able to add/view an 2nd email acct by setting permission on the Exchange server and setting it up as a service on the local PC. It appears 2002 gives the option to add an email acct. under tools but then gives an error saying only 1 acct can be on the exchange server. I would love to know the steps for allowing a user to see two different email messages under 1 Outlook icon. Thanks, A :-) you can only have one Exchange account per profile. "Air" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cac301c48a1a$75b6...

Error Number: 0x800ccc0e when I try to get messages
Hello, I am a postmaster of our network and I am having some problems with Outlook 2000 and our pop3 server. The problem is that randomly, Outlook's users can not download their mail because they get the error number 0x800ccc0e when they try to send amd receive mail. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) and our server is a Linux Debian running a 2.4.27 kernel. I have tried with ipop3d and in.qpopper as a pop3 daemons and with both I get the error. There is no firewall between them and this is the tcpdump capture from the server (our pop3 server runs at port 40110, bu...

Excell 2002 xp
need to enable file sharing so that we can have version control on a Excel document Tools, Share Workbook, select (put a check mark into) the option "Allow changes by more than one user...." Then make choices in the Advanced tab as desired.... MRO "sarosh Tafti" <sarosh.tafti@mcdanalds.ca> wrote in message news:071401c38219$9bcc8110$a401280a@phx.gbl... > need to enable file sharing so that we can have version > control on a Excel document ...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

80040e19 error occurring with 2nd NIC installed
I am experiencing the 80040e19 error when expanding public folders in Exchange System Manager, Exchange 2000. I have exhausted all suggested MS articles and *still* have not resolved the issue. No evidence of URLScan or iislockdown being run on the server. Strange thing is is that when I disable the newly installed NIC through device manager the public folders can be expanded perfectly. On enabling the NIC, same error. The server is the PDC, Exchange and Intranet server, running IIS on port 80 for local intranet site and the admin website on port 7715. I have checked the host head...

space then date causes error
On my spreadsheet they have to type in a date and other calculations are taken from this point. Of the hundreds that have used it there have been no problems, however as always there will always be one....... When they fill in the date they type a space and then type the date, this throws up errors in the other calculations. Not altogether important but is there an easy fix for this, so that if anyone types a space it is ignored, I dont want to get involved in VBA/macro stuff. Right click the sheet tab>view code>insert this>modify range to suit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By...

Copy sheet in Excel
Hi Wonder if anyone of you encounter this problem before? When I try to copy worksheet in a workbook, the following prompt comes up, indicating name conflict. "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaaa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box" When I clicked yes, another prompt comes up indicating ...

how to jump from form to related record in table
I am trying to deal with the limits on updating fields in queries. So, in a form that shows data re orders waiting to be shipped, I'd like to be able to doubleclick on the order_ID number field (let's say order # 02975) and have that cause a related form or table to open at record number 02975. Then, I can directly edit the data that needs editing. Using Access 2000 "Macro builder" and the On Dbl Click event, I have been able to get a desired form to open and have the focus, but I cannot get the related record to be selected. (I'd prefer selected to filtered.) I am ho...

ameritrade plus error
When I try to download my information from ameritrade plus i get a invalid org error. Anyone else experience this problem. Help Please.. >When I try to download my information from ameritrade >plus i get a invalid org error. Anyone else experience >this problem? YES......EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! ...

Money2002 Setup Error
When I try to setup (windows98) I get the following: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor." Here are the details: SETUP executed an invalid instruction in module ADVPACK.DLL at 015f:715f5858. Registers: EAX=0066cf04 CS=015f EIP=715f5858 EFLGS=00010206 EBX=0066d364 SS=0167 ESP=0066cdf4 EBP=0066d014 ECX=0066f8d0 DS=0167 ESI=00000348 FS=6017 EDX=0044003c ES=0167 EDI=0066d350 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: fe ff ff 50 ff 15 68 11 5f 71 56 8d 85 fc fe ff Stack dump: 00000080 bff77b14 71604004 00667000 0...

Gradual migrate from 5.5 to 2003 on 2000 Server
Can I concurrently run a 5.5 Exchange server and a 2003 Exchange server on a 2000 server AD domain? Currently have: one 2000 AD domain w/100 users w/ two 5.5 exchange servers running on 2000 (member) servers. I would like to add 2003 exchange (temporarily) on either a 2000 (member)server or a new 2003 (member) server and gradually migrate my users to that server. Once all the users are cleared off the old servers, upgrade the old servers to Exchange 2003 and move back the users. A. Is this nuts? B. Can this be done? C. Licensing during migration? Exchange CALs? KenS wrote: > Can I concu...

Exchange 2000 OWA Problem
I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. However when I try and access from outside the network, I can't and receive a "page can't be displayed" error message. I believe my DNS settings are correct, but when I go to http://servername/exchange (using fully qualified domain server name), the error message comes up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Martin On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:59:01 -0700, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. >Ho...

Error Occured Trying to Promote this email
This happens when trying to promote a email to CRM activity. Can anyone help? Bob ...

New User
Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2000 on XP Pro SP2 - all service packs updated. Attempted to setup a new user account on this system because previous employee has left and need new profile established. When attempt to setup email through Exchange and click 'Check Name' we get the following error: C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL C:\Program~1\Common~1\system\MSMAPI\1033\MLCFG32.cpl' "@0" The new user account will work fine on another system on the network, so the problem is not with Exchange but with this local system. Have tried deleting the pro...

Please Help...I can not send/receive or delete email on outlook 2000
It gives an the following errors" Error has been detected in the file C:|Windoews\Outlook.pst. quit all mail applications and then use Inbox Repair tool." I spent hours tring to find a solution on the support section. Couldn't find it.. Thank you so much for help.. What size is yr *.pst? OL prior to 2003 can have problems when greater than 1.7gb The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe If oversize; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 David "Daniel" <dqiab@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3676d$0ef74c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It gives an the follow...

Hooking up 2002 to old microsoft post office internal WGPO
I had Outlook 2002 using the old Post Office for internal mail and after I upgraded to win 2000 pro I can't remember how to make that happen. anyone? http://www.outlookfolders.de/english/FAQ/PostOfficeXP.htm Just follow the steps outlined and Microsoft Mail will be available. >-----Original Message----- >I had Outlook 2002 using the old Post Office for internal >mail and after I upgraded to win 2000 pro I can't remember >how to make that happen. anyone? >. > ...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...

Form not loading right
Access 2003. I have a data entry form. I have an option group set up so the user can select the active patients or the inactive patients. Right now when I open the form, the radio button for active patients is selected but the inactive patients are actually showing. I have to click the inactive radio button then re-click the active radio button for the active patients to show. The option group is located in my form header. What's going on? I think I need to do something with the on load property of the form? Right now I have a macro to maximize on load. I looked at the other...

No user with Owner role in public folder (Exchange 2000)
The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? /Stefan Change permissions on the PF in ESM. Stefan Jansson wrote: > The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove > the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or > rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? > > /Stefan ...

Add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task form 01-30-06
Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task forms? Existing Category and Sub-Category fields sound like they should be linked to it. A good example would be Membership as a Category and Application as sub-category (Membership being a subject and Application being a sub-subject). Yes, this is possible. You will need to create a new entity called i.e. Email Subject and then create a 1 to many relationship between email and this new entity. "mkatsev" wrote: > Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, E...