Finding MDB or XLS files that contain macros - 99354

As part of our future conversion to XP and office 2003, we will be
converting thousands of mdb and XLS files. We want to first
identify/test those that contain macros. Is there a simple utility/app
out there that can do a directory search of files, and identify which
ones have macros?
0
marvin

Hi Marvin,

My name is Amy Vargo.  Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups.

We do not have such a tool available yet, however,  we will soon have a
tool available that will aid in analyzing Access databases for upgrade and
conversion to Microsoft� Office Access 2003. The Microsoft Office Access
2003 Conversion Toolkit is planned to be available as a download from the
Microsoft Download Center and from this Web site concurrent with the
release of Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1 later this year.

For more information, please see the page below:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/journ/accessconvert.htm

I hope this helps!  If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Amy Vargo
Microsoft Access Engineer

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

0
amyv
7/22/2004 6:23:31 PM
Amy Vargo <amyv@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Marvin,
>
> My name is Amy Vargo.  Thank you for using the Microsoft Access
Newsgroups.

> We do not have such a tool available yet, however,  we will soon have a
> tool available that will aid in analyzing Access databases for upgrade and
> conversion to Microsoft?Office Access 2003. The Microsoft Office Access
> 2003 Conversion Toolkit is planned to be available as a download from the
> Microsoft Download Center and from this Web site concurrent with the
> release of Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1 later this year.
>
> For more information, please see the page below:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/journ/accessconvert.htm
>
> I hope this helps!  If you have additional questions on this topic, please
> respond back to this posting.
>

> Regards,
>
> Amy Vargo
> Microsoft Access Engineer
>

> This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. ?2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

0
BAOBAO

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Public Folder link to Excel File

Renaming Partial File Names

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

Macro to seperate data

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

Macro

macros entering data

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2