Extra databases created in Access 2007

I converted a database from 2003 to 2007 (so it went from .mdb
to .accdb).

In 2007, I have now noticed a series of database(x).mdb (where x is
an
incrementing number) appearing in the DB directory.

Is this normal  - IE do I have an option set somewhere.
If so, what is it's purpose and what triggers it.

Regards
Neil

0
neil40

Compact on close will do this if you don't have delete permission.

"neil40" <neil.grantham@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> I converted a database from 2003 to 2007 (so it went from .mdb
> to .accdb).
>
> In 2007, I have now noticed a series of database(x).mdb (where x is
> an
> incrementing number) appearing in the DB directory.
>

> Is this normal  - IE do I have an option set somewhere.
> If so, what is it's purpose and what triggers it.
>

> Regards
> Neil

0
david
5/20/2007 11:24:47 PM
On 21 May, 00:24, <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
> Compact on close will do this if you don't have delete permission.
>
> "neil40" <neil.grant...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > I converted a database from 2003 to 2007 (so it went from .mdb
> > to .accdb).
>
> > In 2007, I have now noticed a series of database(x).mdb (where x is
> > an
> > incrementing number) appearing in the DB directory.
>
> > Is this normal  - IE do I have an option set somewhere.
> > If so, what is it's purpose and what triggers it.
>
> > Regards
> > Neil- Hide quoted text -

OK. Sounds fair enough. I was opening this on a laptop from a mapped
drive. Though it's only a Windows XP Home workgroup, so it surprises
me a little that I can't delete, as I can create and delete other
Office files (Word/Excel) and as it is XP Home there are only the
usual 'Share folder on network' and 'Allow network users to change
files' settings

Neil

0
neil40
5/21/2007 10:41:17 PM
If you can create and delete other files, you do have delete
permission.

My next guess would be a network problem, but if it is not
a problem with the 2003 version, perhaps it is related to
the new security settings in 2007?

It is still likely to be caused by compact on close (which
creates a new file, deletes the old file, then renames the
new file).

(david)

> On 21 May, 00:24, <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
> > Compact on close will do this if you don't have delete permission.
> >
> > "neil40" <neil.grant...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > > I converted a database from 2003 to 2007 (so it went from .mdb
> > > to .accdb).
> >
> > > In 2007, I have now noticed a series of database(x).mdb (where x is
> > > an
> > > incrementing number) appearing in the DB directory.
> >
> > > Is this normal  - IE do I have an option set somewhere.
> > > If so, what is it's purpose and what triggers it.
> >
> > > Regards
> > > Neil- Hide quoted text -

> OK. Sounds fair enough. I was opening this on a laptop from a mapped
> drive. Though it's only a Windows XP Home workgroup, so it surprises
> me a little that I can't delete, as I can create and delete other
> Office files (Word/Excel) and as it is XP Home there are only the
> usual 'Share folder on network' and 'Allow network users to change
> files' settings
>
> Neil

0
david
5/22/2007 10:42:20 PM
On 22 May, 23:42, <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
> If you can create and delete other files, you do have delete
> permission.
>
> My next guess would be a network problem, but if it is not
> a problem with the 2003 version, perhaps it is related to
> the new security settings in 2007?
>
> It is still likely to be caused by compact on close (which
> creates a new file, deletes the old file, then renames the
> new file).
>
> (david)
>
> "neil40" <neil.grant...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > On 21 May, 00:24, <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
> > > Compact on close will do this if you don't have delete permission.
>
> > > "neil40" <neil.grant...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > OK. Sounds fair enough. I was opening this on a laptop from a mapped
> > drive. Though it's only a Windows XP Home workgroup, so it surprises
> > me a little that I can't delete, as I can create and delete other
> > Office files (Word/Excel) and as it is XP Home there are only the
> > usual 'Share folder on network' and 'Allow network users to change
> > files' settings
>
> > Neil- Hide quoted text -

Cheers for the thoughts

I'll take a look at network and do some tests.
It's not really a problem, other than the DB is 5mb and it had created
6 copies before I spotted it, so 30Mb of copies!!!

Just wondered why it was happening.

Regards
Neil

0
neil40

How add value to new attribute created in Active directory
I have created one new attribute in active directory schema as "Bdate", to store users birthdate data in AD Database. Added this attribute to User Class & it is showing active in schema attribute. I checked the same is available in User Class. ACTIVE DIRECTORY SCHEMA > Classes > user. Now how to add birthdate data in this attribure field for the users. My Server Details are as under in AD Explorer. ==== Attribute: mayContain Object: CN=User,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=CPL,DC=LOCAL,172.25.52.254 [mytest.CPL.LOCAL] Syntex: OID Schema: CN=May-Cont...

blocking c and document access
I have a member server that a few users will be logging in to use some software that is on the machine. How/where can I block the users that are logging in from saving to the C drive. I have a d drive set up for data to be saved and I don't want the users saving their work to their profile desktop or documents folder On Jun 7, 9:30=A0am, "mw" <rmwatr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a member server that a few users will be logging in to use some > software that is on the machine. =A0How/where can I block the users that = are > logging in from sav...

Right after Create window
Hi, I want to do an action (something like allocate memory...) right after my window (a CView) is created. how to that ? Thanks in advance Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi, > I want to do an action (something like allocate memory...) > right after my window (a CView) is created. how to that ? > > Thanks in advance > > The view OnInitialUpdate function is called after the view is created, before it is visible. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Problem creating distribution group
I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" into various categories. I know how to set up a new distribution group. However, when I choose "select names" the names from my list apear as first name, last name instead of last name , first name. This makes it almost impossible to scroll up and down looking for the name I want to select and add to my distribution group. Please advise of any suggestions. What version of Outlook? Randal Langley wrote: > I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" > into various categories. I ...

Recurring error in Word 2007
Hi, I am using Word 2007. While typing in a document, I get the following recurring error: "Microsoft Office Word can't open the thesaurus. Microsoft Office Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I do not know what causes the error and have no idea how to prevent it. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Thank you. What I do in these situations is Google the error message (or the key = words therein.) The solution provided below, although it ...

How do I filter an Access report?
How do I apply a filter to an Access report? I seriously cannot find any examples anywhere. Well, MS says this works: >#2/2/2006# and <#2/4/2006# .... but all I get is "missing operator". It then strikes me I haven't told it what to filter on. What's the syntax for it? I have a table called "Inventory Transactions" and need the field "Transaction Date" filtered by the above criteria (different date range but the above example will do). I tried this: [Inventory Transactions].[Transaction Date]>=#1/1/2009# And [Inventory ...

How to create a driver for Windows 7 x64 ?
Hello, I would like to know the method to create some drivers for electronic cards plugged on the PCI Express bus of computers. I just begin in the programming world, I know the C++ language a little bit, and I really need your help ! I will have to develop some drivers for a machine which is running with Windows 7 Professional, 64 bits. In my company, drivers for our electronic cards run well, but only for Windows XP, 32 bits. We have never built these drivers with the new MS O.S. or with a x64 machine. I have the MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 and I use C++ to program. Here,...

Drag a file(path) from an Access Form into another app?
I’ve read all about dragging files INTO Access forms, and dragging and dropping data between controls on Access forms. I need to do something different: MyApp has a subform with a list of files in a folder on the local HD. Currently I have buttons that opens the file using a Shell() command. The Users want to be able to drag files out of the list (on the subform in Access) and into other programs (like Notepad or Word), and have them open just like you dragged a file there out of windows explorer. I downloaded modules that “expose that Windows API” before, I’m assuming ...

How can I search for and display actual record numbers in Access?
I have a form that has several fields to save data in for achieve purposes. I also have a search form that pulls that data and displays it, each in an individual line. It would be ideal to be able to click on a search result and then on the main form have that record be displayed. I do not know how to do that, so I was hoping to just be able to display the record number in the search results so that you can just type it in the main form and go right to that record number. I am unable to do that either, I tried several combinations of displaying something like me.currentrecord for ...

Cannot associate .doc files with Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have Word 2007. I double click a doc file and a dialog opens asking me which program to open it with. Word is not among the options. So I click "Always use the selected program ..."and then go into "Browse ..." find my Offce12 folder and the winword.exe file, select it, and ... nothing happens. Doc files continue to have no association. So I tried the built-in diagnostics on Word 2007, and it was ok. Then I tried "winword /r" to re-register Word 2007. It seemed to run to completion, but it made no difference. I cannot associate doc files with...

Installing Microsoft Office 2007
I am sorry if this has already been covered, but here goes: I am trying to install Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 in order to open microsoft word. I am installing it after the computer crashed and had the program memory dumped. It seems to install correctly, but when I try to open Microsoft Word, or any other office 2007 application, it says that the product has not been installed for this user, and that I should run the setup to install it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail, in addition to the 'repair' option in control panel >> progr...

How to access CRM data from MS Word
I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your customers. There was an area on the right with CRM data in it and you can chose the data you want then inset it into the word document. Any idea how to make this. On May 10, 3:21 pm, Maged Assabri <MagedAssa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I watched in a power point presentation downloaded from MS website that you > can access your CRM data from MS word to make well formatted offers for your > customers. > Ther...

OWA Access Question
In Exchange v5.5 you could log into OWA with the Exchange Admin account and access all the mailboxes (of course one at a time). We have now Exchange 2003 now, but that feature no longer works. How would I do it now? This function has been turned off in E2K by default. Domain Admin accounts are explicitly denied from accessing user's mailboxes. If you check the security properties on a mailbox you'll see this. You can turn this off and there is a Technet article about how this do this. However this functionality has been turned off for privacy and compliance reasons. Why do you...

Creating a new TASK using VFP9.0
I know this is a VBA group but I can't seem to get an answer from the VFP group on this subject. I need to create a new TASK and send it to the person I pick from a drop-down menu. This has to be done in FOXPRO (VFP9.0-SP2). I can get to Outlook and create/send an email, but I can not figure out how to create/send a TASK. Any help/sample code will be great. Thanks in advance -- Lost in Tampa I don't have a clue as to how you'd do it in VFP, but if you are using the CreateItem() method with an olMailItem argument to create a mail item substitute the olTaskItem en...

Hyperlinks Disabled in Office 2007
I can no longer click through a hyperlink in Outlook or Word. When I attemt to, I get the following error message: " This operation has ben cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I though it might be a Norton problem, but it is not. They suggested I contact MS to diagnose the root of the issue. Any ideas where to start and how to correct the problem? -- Jerry You receive an error message when you click a hyperlink in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049 Jemckenna wrote: > I can no l...

Project and Contact Database
I have created a database to track Jobs. Each job can have mutiple contacts. I have a jobs table and form and contacts table and form. how can i create a subform on the jobs form where i can list all of the contacts related to the particular job? Each job can have many contacts and each contact can be related to many jobs. "jessa13177" <jessa13177@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18283447-AA63-4E8E-AB3F-0104626B329E@microsoft.com... >I have created a database to track Jobs. Each job can have mutiple >contacts. > I have a jobs table ...

Importing from Access to Excel
How do you import either a delimited text file or an Access table to Excel when the source file is over 65,000 lines (my maximum with Excel 2002). I would like to be able to import the text file to muliple worksheets on Excel. Thanks Since an Excel worksheet has 65,536 rows (period) your best bet may be to break your source file up into several, each have no more than that. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

No leading for list inside table (Word 2007)
I have a simple 2-column table containing agenda items for a meeting. The left column contains the topics. They are formatted as a numbered list. The right column contains the subtopics. They are formatted as a bulleted list. It looks like this: 1. Topic 1 * Subtopic * Subtopic 2. Topic 2 * Subtopic 3. Topic 3 * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic * Subtopic The paragraph settings for both columns are the same: 6 pts Spacing before 0 pts Spacing after Checked Don't add space be...

access 2007 database secrety and user
hello every one I am creating a database with access 2007 and i Want to define user and level securety but i can't. plese help me Access 2007 doesn't support user-level security, at least not with ACCDB (the Access 2007 file format) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "mehdi ghadiry" <ghadirymehdi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1183827376.088565.41340@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > hello every one > I am creating a database with access 2007 and i Want to define user > and level securety but i can...

2003 documents converted to 2007, lines drawn in are misaligned
I have 100s of documents converted over to 2007 and anywhere there were lines drawn in from the "shapes" menu - they are not lining up properly on the page when printed out. ...

CRM Access 2003 Database
With regard to question #3. Could we transfer Access to Outlook, vise versa ? -- CRM Access 2003 database ...

converting an access database to a web page in frontpage
i need help converting this database in frontpage....I have the database linked to a web page in frontpage. however it is only a table and I cannot convert the table to all input in the fields. YOU KNOW HOW THE $6.00 WILL GET YOU THOUSANDS STARTS, I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. WELL, I FIGURED THAT IT WAS A LOAD OF CRAP, I THOUGHT THAT WHY ON EARTH AM I GOING TO SEND ANY MONEY TO PEOPLE THAT I DON'T KNOW.FOR WHAT, TO BE ON SOMEONE'S MAILING LIST. COME ON FOR GOODNESS SAKE, I AM A FINANCE MAJOR, I THOUGHT NO WAY. SO AFTER ABO...

cannot create mail account
Exchange 2003 (standard edition) run on Windows 2003 (standard edition). Been working very well. But... I don't know since when, I just discovered that I can not add a new mail account any more. I tried to create a new user account in AD with an email account. The user account was created just fine, then when I went into the account, and tried to configure the profiles, I found there was not email address assisst with it. I checked the system manager, there was no mailbox was created either. I tried to use exchange feature within the active directory user and computer admin. sti...

Outlook 2007 - New Mail
Hi there, I'm using outlook 2007, and for some reason, when I go into Tools > Options > E-Mail Options > Advanced E-Mail Options and tick the "Play a sound" and "Show an envelope icon in the notification area" and click OK twice to get back to the Options window, the "Apply" button is greyed out. The sound and envelope indicators work for the duration of the Outlook session, but when I restart Outlook, the settings haven't been saved. Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Try a new mail...

Camera in Excel 2007
Dear Group, who knows the following effect: Using Excel 2007 SP1 with Windows XP SP2, Excel cameras which show charts are blank after opening the workbook. After working a while, or doubleclicking the cams several times, the cameras suddenly refresh. I could also observe that charts haven't refreshed after changing a value. Calculation is set to Auto. I can reproduce this on two different computers (XP). Does XL2007 work better with Vista? Thanks in advance, Holger. Are you using the camera to simply make a copy of the chart? Why not just make a copy of the chart, and put it where...