Expression Too Complex in Access 2000

Hi,
Consider the following query:

SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date
FROM crTbl
WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between
[Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And
[Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate]));

The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002.
When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer,
I get the following error:
"This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated.
Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to
variables."

The problem is with the "Between dates" part of the expression.
The error msg appears in Access 2000.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
John

0
Grease

Date is a poor choice as a column name since Date is the
name of a function.  Try surrounding the name with square
brackets as [crTbl].[date] - If that doesn't solve the
problem, I would suggest changing the column name in a
test copy of the table.  If that works, you'll need to
change the column name.

0
Pat
7/6/2004 7:27:53 PM
John,
I find that when I get the message "Expression Too
Complex" while using parameterized queries, adding the
parameters into the Parameter list (via
Menu "Query", "Parameters...") often helps.  Add the whole
form reference, e.g. "[Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]!
[startDate]" and define it as a date.

HTH,
-- Bill T.

0
Bill

Microsoft Releases Access 2007 Runtime for Free!
Hopefully this isn't old news to most of you! http://accesspro.blogspot.com/ Great for anyone that needs to deploy an Access database to multiple users and doesn't want to buy full licenses! On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 05:00:01 -0000, "bsmith59@gmail.com" <bsmith59@gmail.com> wrote: >Hopefully this isn't old news to most of you! > >http://accesspro.blogspot.com/ > >Great for anyone that needs to deploy an Access database to multiple >users and doesn't want to buy full licenses! http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=22&p=7&SrcDi...

Access someone elses Calendar though OWA
I currently am allowing some of my users to log onto other peoples calendars and caontacts through OWA by using the following Link http://mail.contoso.com/Exchange/J_DOE/calendar The only problem with this is that they are only allowed read access to the Calendar. I set the permissions correctly in the Mailbox and the Calendar within Outlook but the user with still cannot make any changes. Could someone please help me!!! I am hoping that it is something simple that I am overlooking!! ...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

Accessing email via OWA
We want to enable users to access their email remotely using OWA. We have a Watchguard Firebox 700 and I have configured an HTTP and HTTPS service using NAT to point to the Exchange server. It all seems to work fine but I sent an email off to Watchguard tech support to ask how secure the connection would be if we were not using VPN (as users may be connecting from their friend's PC's etc... which woul dnot have VPN connections setup...) The resonse I got from them was this.. "Assuming that your OWA IIS server is set up for SSL (certificate), then you should be all set." If...

Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?
I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my computer at home. I would like to move some messages from my work to my home machine. Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003. Is there any way around this? Colin Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst file. See File | New | Outlook Data file. Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type. Copy items form mailbox to this new pst. Close it when done (right click on personal folders and select close/disconnect.) "Colin Caulkins&...

internet access
While in Excel, Zonealarm showed me a window asking if I wanted Excel to access the internet. Is this safe? If using Excel 2003, Excel must be able to access the internet when using the Help function. Safe as houses in my opinion. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:49:02 -0800, "billnjoang" <billnjoang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >While in Excel, Zonealarm showed me a window asking if I wanted Excel to >access the internet. Is this safe? ...

Error on Importing Access Query
I am trying to import Access Query to Excel so I can generate pivot table and chart with live data. However importing external data reads column header only, no values. I have done this before, a while ago. I don't understand why this is not working. Can somebody help me? ...

using excel to update data in access
Hello all. I was lookin for anyone who knows how to directly edit data in access through excel. I have used the import process but this is too manual. I was looking for more of an autometed process. Any help would be appreciated. One way is to link the Excel table in Access (File>Get External Data>Link Tables. Then, you can edit the data in either application. Mike wrote: > Hello all. I was lookin for anyone who knows how to > directly edit data in access through excel. I have used > the import process but this is too manual. I was looking > for more of an au...

Outlook Express #11
When I shut my computer down, my email settings are lost. I have to reinput them to recieve email. Anyone had this problem? Know the solution? ...

Outlook 2000, cant customize today page
When I click on 'Customize Outlook Today' nothing happens. Because of a drive failure I had to reinstall the entire office package. The .pst file resides on a Netware 4.11 server. I have the same problem with my wife's machine. Also at one time her date would include the day of the week beside the date on the Today page. TIA Steve L. Steve Lenaghan wrote: > When I click on 'Customize Outlook Today' nothing happens. Because > of a drive failure I had to reinstall the entire office package. The > .pst file resides on a Netware 4.11 server. I have the same ...

How do I send a HTML formatted e-mail from Access through Lotus No
I've used the readily available code from the internet to send out e-mails from Access through Lotus Notes. Currently the message is sent from my forms as a string so I cannot add HTML formatting to it. Does anyone know how I might achieve passing HTML to the e-mail instead? I use this line to call the following module code: Call CreateMailandAttachFileAdr(Nz(txtSubject, ""), txtTo, Nz(txtCC, ""), Nz(txtBCC, ""), txtIsFrom, txtSendingEmailAddress, txtMessage, Nz(txtAttachment1, ""), Nz(txtAttachment2, ""), chkSaveOnSend, , chkEdit, ,...

Understanding complex IF Formula within IF formula
I do not know what this formula is doing can you help? =IF(LEFT(QBCash!$B2,5)="Total","",IF(ISBLANK(QBCash!$B2),$A1,QBCash!$B2)) Thanks for your help. DP Hi, The formula is looking at a worksheet called QBCash Breaking the formula down =IF(LEFT(QBCash!$B2,5)="Total","", 1. It looks at the contents of B2 and if the word 'Total' are the first 5 letters of the cell the formula return a null string IF(ISBLANK(QBCash!$B2),$A1, 2. If that isn't TRUE it then checks if B2 is blank and if it is it returns the value of...

OutLook 2000 #137
Crashed computer, reloaded Office 2000, started outlook told it I wanted CW now it will not open so I can change it to IMO. Any help? Have reloaded several times.... ...

Money 2000 Vers. 8.0
Ich verwende diese Money-Version f?r meine ONLINE-Bankverbindung zu Easybank Wien, m?chte aber gerne auch eine HBCI-Verbindung f?r mein deutsches Konto integrieren. Gibt es daf?r eine L?sung? Danke! Microsoft Money 2000 Version 8.0, Sept. 1999 Vista Home Premium (6.0.6001) Service Pack 1 EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SQL Server / .NET Database Driven Permissions http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/cb8b7d69-f0a3-4208-be49-c6bd4aee5f5f/sql-server--net-databas.aspx ...

Linking/attaching access tables
Hi Is it possible to link access tables to a sql server 2005 db? I can't seem to find any option in Management Studio. Thanks Regards John See details in the BOL how to build a linked server to Access "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVHXQzltKHA.6124@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is it possible to link access tables to a sql server 2005 db? I can't seem > to find any option in Management Studio. > > Thanks > > Regards > > ...

Upgraded from 2000 to 2003 and lost folders ...
Hello, I just upgraded from 2000 to 2003 and lost folders. I had a folder structure that had a contact folder, and then all the mail from those contacts in individaul folders under that folder. I have lost all the folders that were under the contact folders. How may I retrieve them? Sincerely, Tom Explain how you upgraded. Explain how you migrated your data. Upgrades do not lose data. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tom D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17dbc01c449d5$726acc80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I just upgraded ...

Importing Addresses/Contacts from Outlook 2000 to 2002
ok...I have a new laptop running Windows XP, and Office 2002, including Outlook 2002. My old laptop is running Windows 2000. I have reinstalled Windows 2000 several times on many machines, and each time all I have had to do was replace outlook.pst on the new install with my back- up'd version, and everything worked fine. Now on my XP machine, I did the same thing (overwrote the existing-new outlook.pst) by putting my old outlook.pst file from Windows 2000 into the proper location on my new (XP) laptop. EVERYTHING worked perfect (old email is all there, Contacts show up, folders...

web access subject problem
Hello everybody, I'm working at home at this time and I'm reading my e- mails from my job's server by outlook web access. But I can't read messages which has subject with dot or any non- alphabetic characters (.&! etc.) Could anybody help to me ? thx Gyuri ...

Access mouse wheel does not scroll in datasheet view of table, Win
I am aware of the issues with mouse wheel scrolling of forms. But those who have posted about those invariably say that mouse wheel scrolling works in datasheet view. For me it does not. On Win XP Access 2003, if I opened a table in datasheet view it initially would not scroll using the mouse wheel. But if one scrolled down a bit using the righthand scroll bar, thereafter the mouse wheel worked to scroll the records. I've just moved to Win 7 64-bit and have Access 2003 and 2007 installed. It won't scroll a table in datasheet view using the mouse wheel with either ve...

access / excel link
i know that i can link excel tables to an access database. can i link an access table to a spreadsheet? -- TomMurray hi Tom, tom wrote: > i know that i can link excel tables to an access database. can i link an > access table to a spreadsheet? You may use Data/Get External Data, but this not the same as linked table. Depending on your needs, you may consider using a VBA procedure (macro) to read the data with a DAO.Recordset and copy it manually into to your cells - you can copy also a complete recordset, see CopyFromRecordset in Excel. mfG --> stefan <-- thanks stefa...

Access Licensing (distribution question)
Hi New to this group, let me introduce myself quickly. Im Jamie Brown and a programmer from the uk. Nice to meet you all. I have developed a system, front end Access 2003, backend SQL 2000. I currently distribute the front end (ade) to over 50 pcs, each one currently has Access 2003 installed on it. My question is, is there a way of compiling the front end so I dont actually need Access installed on the 50 pcs? I have a license for development on my PC but so I really require a further 50 licenses? The bosses are keen to cut costs (arnt they all) and this is one area I can see potential. ...

Access XP Pro to 2000 version
I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E71FD15-67CD-4DE0-A937-A9F4A0746347@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. Office "XP" = Office 2002 Office 2000, in other words, was released two years *prior* to Office XP's release. All Office applications are Backwards-compatible. No Office application is Forward-compatible. In Office 2002 (XP), use the "Save As" option to save as 2000. Steve I assume the mdb file is in 200...

Inserting a Logo into a Report
I am trying to insert a logo in a Access 2007 report I created. I am using the Logo Icon under the Design tab. The logo looks fine in design view, but when exporting the report to a pdf, the logo becomes fuzzy. I have tried different formats (.tif, jpeg, bmp) and also just directly copying the logo from within photoshop, but no luck. Any tips, tricks or hints would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!! The problem is due to the size of the image(Logo). You can open that Logo in paint and try to make the size smaller. Then use that logo. -- <a href="http://...

Outlook Web Access: Error on Page
The basic version of OWA works fine (other than frustrations with selecting email addresses from GAL and contacts folder when composing an email; suggestions on that are welcome), but the Premier version only half-works on some machines. Messages can be displayed, but clicking any "button" to show the address book, reply to, create, or forward email, etc, all create an "Error on page" message in the status bar. I've experienced no other java errors on other pages/sites. Does OWA require or prefer Microsoft VM over Sun's Java, or does ActiveX require any special c...

Outlook 2002 access on desktop AND laptop ???
Hello all, I'm currently running Outlook 2002 (Office XP) on my Desktop in my home office with XP Home as the OS. I'll soon be taking this desktop to a new office and purchasing a laptop for home use. This new laptop will also have XP Home as the operating system and Outlook 2002 . My question is: Is it possible to have the same access to my Outlook folders (inbox, sent items, contacts, calendar, etc...) on both my home laptop and my desktop that'll be in my office? I won't to be able to check (and send emails) from either location and have the same access to all my Outlook...