Error Converting Secure Files to 2003....PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a Secure Access Database that I created in Access 2000, when I
installed
Office 2003 it no longer works and crahes Access.

I've also tried converting the file using the convertion tool but I
get an error that I don't have permission to make changes.

I can open the file long enough to get to the switchboard but if I
click on an item that opens a report or query .....Access crashes.

Also, when I open the 2000, most of the menu items that would normally
be there are not.

Please, if someone has heard of this and knows how to fix it I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Dave
0
dms

I would suggest you open it in 2000 using the workgroup file used to secure
it.  Remove the security, compact and compile it, then convert it in 2003.
more inline...
"Dave" <dms@revelationweb.com> wrote in message
> I have a Secure Access Database that I created in Access 2000, when I
> installed
> Office 2003 it no longer works and crahes Access.
>
> I've also tried converting the file using the convertion tool but I
> get an error that I don't have permission to make changes.

You would need to join the workgroup that was used to secure it in 2000 (but
instead I'd just unsecure it first).

> I can open the file long enough to get to the switchboard but if I
> click on an item that opens a report or query .....Access crashes.
>
> Also, when I open the 2000, most of the menu items that would normally
> be there are not.

Hold the shiftkey down while you open the database to bypass the switchboard
and other startup options.

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP

0
Joan

Error number: 0x800ccc0e
Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info from the knowledge base. Nothing has changed except installing Office 2000. I configured everything just as I had previous. Going back to Outlook Express I get the same error. What is going on? Same story here. And I would love to just be able to go back to OE at this point. Darla >-----Original Message----- >Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? >It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info >from the knowledge base. Nothing ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003