error changing data type

I have a 500-MB access 2002 database with several numeric
fields of type Double.  I'm trying to convert the double
fields to decimal fields.  I get the following error when
saving the table after applying the field change:
Microsoft Access can't change the data type.  There isn't
enough disk space or memory.

I have 9 GB free on my hard drive, and I have 512 MB of
RAM.  What do I need to do to convert these fields?
Thanks.
0
mmi

I forgot to mention that I'm running Access 2002 sp2.

0
mmi
9/25/2003 9:21:17 PM
Copy the table without carrying the data across, creating
an empty table.  Make the changes in the empty table then
append the data from the old table to the new table.
That should work ok.

Sandy

0
Sandra