Error 3045 on an MDE file - HELP

Hi

I hope you can help me with this it is driving me nuts.

I've created a database which I needed to give multiple people access
to but didn't want them messing so I created an MDE file. I ensured
that the MDB file was set to shared, not compacting and set to run
users not owners permissions before I converted.

However, if one of the users goes into the database, it does not create
and LDB file and if anyone else tries to get it, the error message:

 Could not use <name>; file already in use. (Error 3045)

appears. Some of the tables in the MDE files were linking to and MDB
file, however, I have removed the links and it is still happening.

All of the help sites and articles refer to what to do if you get this
message when using a b/e - f/e MDB but I can't find anything about
getting this error with an MDE. Its the fact that the LDB file is not
being created that is really confusing.

Please help!!!!!

Willow

0
Willow

Does that user have the appropriate permissions on the folder where the MDE
file exists? He/she needs to have Read, Write and eXecute on the folder,
even if they only require Read access to the data. (Having Delete permission
on the folder is a good idea as well. Otherwise, the LDB file will stick
around after they leave the database)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Willow" <tomandh@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I hope you can help me with this it is driving me nuts.
>
> I've created a database which I needed to give multiple people access
> to but didn't want them messing so I created an MDE file. I ensured
> that the MDB file was set to shared, not compacting and set to run
> users not owners permissions before I converted.
>
> However, if one of the users goes into the database, it does not create
> and LDB file and if anyone else tries to get it, the error message:
>
> Could not use <name>; file already in use. (Error 3045)
>
> appears. Some of the tables in the MDE files were linking to and MDB
> file, however, I have removed the links and it is still happening.
>
> All of the help sites and articles refer to what to do if you get this
> message when using a b/e - f/e MDB but I can't find anything about
> getting this error with an MDE. Its the fact that the LDB file is not
> being created that is really confusing.
>
> Please help!!!!!
>
> Willow

0
Douglas
12/21/2006 1:42:35 PM
Not on the folder, I will need to get ICT to change this.

However, there is no LDB file to stick around, when the file already in
use message comes up, there is no LDB file in existence. It doesn't
appear to be creating one for some reason.

0
Willow
12/21/2006 4:29:10 PM
If they don't have the correct permissions on the folder, then Access
wouldn't have been able to create the LDB file. Somehow it knows that, and
pops up the message.

--

> Not on the folder, I will need to get ICT to change this.
>
> However, there is no LDB file to stick around, when the file already in
> use message comes up, there is no LDB file in existence. It doesn't
> appear to be creating one for some reason.

0
Douglas
12/22/2006 8:49:14 PM
If they don't have the correct permissions on the folder, then Access
wouldn't have been able to create the LDB file. Somehow it knows that, and
pops up the message.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

"Willow" <tomandh@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Not on the folder, I will need to get ICT to change this.
>
> However, there is no LDB file to stick around, when the file already in
> use message comes up, there is no LDB file in existence. It doesn't
> appear to be creating one for some reason.

0
Douglas

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

MS Money 95 data files

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Need help with Auto Filter

Where is the workspace file stored?

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

cant start outlook pst file to large

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

DNS Error on Exchange

Excel Problem

Need Query Help

error 0x800cc0f

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

opening .bak file

Trying to read XML file into dataset

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

error on upgrade: ID 4386