distribute access 2002 form to user with access 2000

I'm developing a startup form using access 2002 (but using access 2000 file format) - the form will not open correctly for a user with access 2000.  I think it is due to their reference library 'Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library' where I'm using 10.0 object library.  I think the function that is causing the issue is this one (moving the location of a 'rectangle' control I'm calling newPoint).  My question is this

1) How do I make this work in Access 2000?  Can I package the Access 10.0 object library with the db?  Is there another control that the 9.0 object library will recognize

-Boston To

My code for reference

Set newPoint = Form_frmSoilGas(cntrlName

        newPoint.Move leftBox, topBox, widthBox, heightBo
acDetail, , , leftBox, topBox, widthBox, heightBox

        With newPoin
            .Properties("tag") = siteI
            .Properties("visible") = Tru
            .Properties("backcolor") = 845401
            .Properties("bordercolor") =
            .Properties("borderwidth") = 0.
        End With

I had a similar problem.  But mine appeared to be with the "Microsoft
ActiveX Data Objects Library.  My OS has up version 2.7 and a number of the
station I support only go up to 2.5.  I found out recently that my XP
stations needed at least 2.6 so I have to keep up with two project files
now.

Tom L.

"BostonTom" <tliebert@envirogroup.com> wrote in message
> I'm developing a startup form using access 2002 (but using access 2000
file format) - the form will not open correctly for a user with access 2000.
I think it is due to their reference library 'Microsoft Access 9.0 Object
Library' where I'm using 10.0 object library.  I think the function that is
causing the issue is this one (moving the location of a 'rectangle' control
I'm calling newPoint).  My question is this:

> 1) How do I make this work in Access 2000?  Can I package the Access 10.0
object library with the db?  Is there another control that the 9.0 object
library will recognize?

> -Boston Tom
>
> My code for reference:
>
> Set newPoint = Form_frmSoilGas(cntrlName)
>
>         newPoint.Move leftBox, topBox, widthBox, heightBox
> acDetail, , , leftBox, topBox, widthBox, heightBox)
>
>         With newPoint
>             .Properties("tag") = siteID
>             .Properties("visible") = True
>             .Properties("backcolor") = 8454016
>             .Properties("bordercolor") = 0
>             .Properties("borderwidth") = 0.1
>         End With

0
Tom

ON, Word 2002, Word 2007
Dear all, since it wasn=B4t possible to export from ON to Word 2002, I=B4ve installed aditionally Word 2007. Now, in spite of this, the option "Send to MS Office Word" is still grey. How can I activate this function? Do I have to config the registry? Thanks for advice in advance. karlson -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Dear all, > > since it wasn�t possible to export from ON to Word 2002, I�ve > installed aditionally Word 2007. > Now, in spite of this, the option "Send to MS Office Word" is still > grey. > > Ho...

Displaying decimal places in Access
Can I pursuade Access to show me decimal places on data I have already entered. At the moment everything gets rounded up or down. I've done what is needed to change for future inputing but old data is still not showing what I want. Hoping someone can help jille jille wrote: > Can I pursuade Access to show me decimal places on data I have already > entered. At the moment everything gets rounded up or down. I've > done what is needed to change for future inputing but old data is > still not showing what I want. > > Hoping someone can help > jille What i...

email through access
hello, i have a question, is it possible to create a form in access that when the submit button is pressed it will send an email to the needed person? if it is possible i would appreciate any help you can give me. thank you. In news:2BD0413C-8A54-41CB-BBED-CB9DADC42FE1@microsoft.com, tryn2learn <tryn2learn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hello, > > i have a question, is it possible to create a form in access that > when the submit button is pressed it will send an email to the needed > person? if it is possible i would appreciate any help you can give me. Check o...

Open Record by selecting on another form.
Hi I have a database that lists outstanding orders customers have, On the event procedure for txtbox Order Number on the currently opened form outstanding orders, I have selected that on double click it will open the form orders to the appropraite record. ie in the outstanding orders if fred has an order and you double click on the order number it opens up freds order from the orders form. I have used a where statement but must have got it wrong can someone point me in the right direction first time I have used the where statement. Private Sub Order_Number_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim ...

Display/Pull images from web onto form/into table?
Hello: I am experimenting with using Amazon Web Services to pull information into an Access database. I want to be able to use the cover art images Amazon makes available. At this point, I have gotten as far as being able to acquire the URL that points to the image. I thought this would be easy but I am struggling: 1. Is there a way, on a form, to set an image control to display the image using a URL as a pointer? Is the web browser control the only way to do this? 2. Is it possible / really hard to do / easy to somehow actually download the image into the table using VBA? Thanks! F...

Migrating from Excel 2002 to Excel 2003
Hello, Our company is finally moving from Office 2002 (Excel) to Office 2003 (Excel) and I am wondering if there will be any problems, issues using Excel 2003 from files created from Excel 2002. I don't think so unless an Active X is embedded in a marco or in the actual file. Any tips or know issues will be appreciated. Thank you advance. I don't think you'll have any problems migrating from xl2002 to xl2003. Remember that if you're supporting both versions, it's better to do your development in the oldest version of excel--just to make sure you don't dep...

Creating flags for certain fields in working Form
Hello, What is the best way to add a flag for specific fields? For example, Field A has a value and depending on the value, the flag could change be a choice such as Yes Or No or even changing the color of that specific cell in the table. Any advice much appreciated in advance. -- Best regards, Donald Ramer donaldramer@comcast.net You and I may not mean the same thing by "flag". If you want formatting changes depending of field value, take a look at "Conditional Formatting". -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://m...

How to set Front-End OWA only for special users
Hi, That article for some configuration in Exchange, and I couldn't make it work following these steps(how new virtual server link to current exchange folder?). And My ISA no in the Domain. Could anybody show me the detail? Thanks Jeffrey >>Hi, >>I just want a special users group can through ISA connect to our Front end >>OWA over Internet. Other people only check email on BackEnd OWA in >>Intranet.So, disable OWA won't work. for Exchange 2003, how can setup this >>way. >>Thanks. >>Jeffrey >> > > > Should be able to that with...

OWA requires user to place Domain name t ologin
When a user trys to login into OWA, the user has to include the domain name ie... domain.com\user then password, if you do not include the domain name the password box reappears. Setup---2003 Exchange running on the 2003 server OS in a 2000 forest, the 2 domain controllers are running Windows Server 2000 Mike On Wed, 3 May 2006 13:26:32 -0500, "Mike Robertson" <mmr@parlaw.com> wrote: >When a user trys to login into OWA, the user has to include the domain name >ie... domain.com\user >then password, if you do not include the domain name the password box >re...

Can't open a form on top
When I click a button on my main form to preview a report, the report opens on top of the form. However, another command button opens a form for selecting report parameters (a different report than the first button I mentioned). This report opens behind the main form. There seems to be nothing I can do to change that other than hiding the main form when I open the report, and restoring it when I close the report. Here are some things I have tried: In the Click event for the button on the parameter form that opens the report, I have added: DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "ReportNa...

Excel XP Pivot Table in Excel 2000
How do I Convert Excel XP Pivot Table in Excel 2000 ...

outlook 2002 #78
My Outlook 2002 binds up my system in the middle of a session or when I quit Outlook. My computer will start to work really hard, even when I quit out of outlook. If I open up my task manager my performance is at 100% and all of the processes are from OUTLOOK.EXE. I have to restart the computer to get it functioning normally again. Any suggestions of how to fix? Thanks! Alice ...

Money 2002 Login Problems
When prompted for my password, and entering the correct password I receive this error message: "the operation cannot be performed" the password is correct. Any ideas - any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Steve I forgot to mention that i'm still able to access the data. Also - I'm wrong below - it doesn't matter what password I enter the message below still appears. Also - this password was established back when I started w/ money in '98. So the Login Lockbox feature did not exist back then. I also tried creating a new password, but this had no ef...

Distributing custom themes?
Apologies if this has been answered, but I cannot find it anywhere in the group. I need to make a custom theme for my business unit. That's fine, I've figured out how to do it, but now I don't know how to actually distribute it. It was easy with POT files, but this theme business has me utterly confused. How would I go about distributing a custom theme throughout my business unit? Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated. I think http://www.elijournals.com/premier/showArticle.asp?aid=26655 will help explain. Basically, you'd distribute the t...

Getting Data from a worksheet to a form
Hello, I am new to VBA (Excel 2007), and am struggling with the syntax to get data from a form into a worksheet. The scenario: 1. The 'Contacts' worksheet contains customer contacts - name, address, phone, etc. The user scrolls around, looking for someone to call. When they find one, 2. Run a macro that calls a module to pull the current row's data into a form. This is working. 3. Add contact info (e.g. who you talked to, date/time, notes) to the form; then 4. Click the 'AddContact' command button on the form, which will 5. Add a new row to th...

How to make it so that a user HAS to verify they want to add an attachment
Hello everyone, had an issue today, where a user, sent an email to a vendor, but somehow added open documents he was reading from another vendor. Can we say OOPS... Is there a way in outlook 2003, that I can setup something that will ask the user to verify they WANT to add an attachment to an email? AL Al Smith <ascssmith@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way in outlook 2003, that I can setup something that will > ask the user to verify they WANT to add an attachment to an email? But since there is no way to add one accidentally - inadvertently, perhaps, but not accidentall...

Outlook Web Access #22
Hello, Is it posible to use email stationery with Outlook Web Access? Cheers Darren On 16 Feb 2006 11:45:55 -0800, "darren" <groups@darrenludlam.plus.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Is it posible to use email stationery with Outlook Web Access? > >Cheers > >Darren There are some 3rd party add-ins that extend the functionality so long as you search for them. Personally I'd avoid the damn things like the plague. They only increase the size of the message and a lot of recipients filter out the rich content anyway. You could end up doing all that nice work for...

what is the name of the Microsoft exchange 2000 patch?
The one for the exchange server. I believe it is cdo something I just want to do more research before I obtain the patch. On 2 Mar 2007 12:12:47 -0800, fbarbara@gmail.com wrote: >The one for the exchange server. I believe it is cdo something I just >want to do more research before I obtain the patch. There are many patches. How do you you anticipate getting the patch given the status of Exchange 2000 support? ...

Outlook 2002 not installing
I have tried installing Outlook 2002 supplied with palm PC but it will not launch. Someone said I have to uninstall Outlook express and 2002 and then reonstall 2002. Is there any other way? I have tried to reinstall and repair 2002. ...

Importing Contacts into Distribution List in Exchange Outlook 2003
I have a set of contacts in CSV format which I would like to import into Exchange 2003 as a Distribution List. I tried the Import function of Outlook with the destination my Distribution List; instead the contacts are imported into a Contacts folder but not to a Distribution List. Is there some other way? No. You can only import into a Contacts Folder. You cannot import directly to a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Richard Kaplan" <richardkaplan3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3e831dd3-2120-4c00-a7d7-2327e3280974@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a set of c...

Form Control and Data
Greetings Forum memebers! I'm new to this board, and thought I'd ask for some advice from the knowledgable people here.. Here is what I am trying to do... I have a workbook with 3 sheets (Sales, Schedule, Data). The idea is that an employee will input the date, customer's name, phone #, and have a drop down with a list of services to select. This would all be included on the Sales sheet. The data for the drop down box is on the Data sheet, and right now only includes the text of the service, no prices. So here is question #1 - How would I make it so that when the employee sele...

Can you incorporate a map showing project locations in access 2007
I am setting up my various projects/jobs in an access database, but wanted to be able to view them on a map as well. Possible google earth or microsoft virtual earth, or even mapquest. Is there a way to do this? I suspect that there is a way. I use MapPoint with automation and get Access working fine. You may need to automate with Outlook which uses Expedia. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JLDLS" <JLDLS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96AD8951-8F6A-40B4-BD57-308140AF72F9@microsoft.c...

ListBox and Navigation on Unbound forms
Good morning all, I actually have two questions similiar in relation. First is I have an unbound form with a list box on it called lstData. That is populated by a tbl_Titles. There are several txtBoxes and misc that are populated by the lstData. I have added navigation buttons to the form however I cannot get them to work. Does anyoone have any reference to how to use the First, Previous, Next, and Last record navagation on an unbound form? Second, on the same form I have an unbound txtbox which I want to use to give a record count. I currently am using Dcount method however th...

Unable to type into a CRM 3.0 form
I just switched to a Dell Latitude D610 and am running CRM 3.0 using both browser and Outlook 2003 client. I am working fine when all of a sudden, I can no longer type text onto a CRM form field. I am not locked up. I can still move my cursor, choose from a picklist, etc. I just cannot type into a text field. Any thoughts? May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the google or msn toolbars installed? Try removing them and see if that fixes the problem. May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the g...

Form for inputing criteria for a report's query
I have a report that is based on a query. The criteria for the start date changes and I want a form where I can input the date range (Between #2/2/2006# and #2/4/2006#) each time the report is run. Is there a way to set up the form so that the forms asks for the user to put in the start date and the end date and then put those results in the format above into my query to run the report correctly? Thanks, Robert ryonker wrote: >I have a report that is based on a query. The criteria for the start date >changes and I want a form where I can input the date range (Between >#2/2/2...