Developing in Access 2003 Deploy in Access 2000

Is there a problem with developing my application using Access 2003 (with
Access 2000 file format set) and then moving it to my Access 2000 development
machine, compiling it and then saving it as an mde file and then deploying it
to my customers?

The reason I want to do this is to minimize the need to distribute the
Access XP or 2003 runtime - most of my customers have at least Access 2000.
Plus, I want to minimize dll updates on the client computers.

Thanks for the help.

You have to be careful not to use any new features that were not supported
in the earlier version, but other than that, no, there's no great problem.

--
Brendan Reynolds (MVP)

"Jim D." <jimdalrymp@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Is there a problem with developing my application using Access 2003 (with
> Access 2000 file format set) and then moving it to my Access 2000
> development
> machine, compiling it and then saving it as an mde file and then deploying
> it
> to my customers?
>
> The reason I want to do this is to minimize the need to distribute the
> Access XP or 2003 runtime - most of my customers have at least Access
> 2000.
> Plus, I want to minimize dll updates on the client computers.
>
> Thanks for the help.

0
Brendan
2/4/2005 8:46:56 PM
Thank you.  I remember reading somewhere that when you are in Access 2000
file format mode in Access XP or 2003, you will not be presented with
features that are not available in 2000.  Is this true? What might be the
exceptions?  I guess I could set a reference in code to a newer dll like ADO
and use a method or property that is not available in the older version of
ADO.

"Brendan Reynolds" wrote:

> You have to be careful not to use any new features that were not supported
> in the earlier version, but other than that, no, there's no great problem.
>
> --
> Brendan Reynolds (MVP)
>

> "Jim D." <jimdalrymp@community.nospam> wrote in message
> > Is there a problem with developing my application using Access 2003 (with
> > Access 2000 file format set) and then moving it to my Access 2000
> > development
> > machine, compiling it and then saving it as an mde file and then deploying
> > it
> > to my customers?
> >
> > The reason I want to do this is to minimize the need to distribute the
> > Access XP or 2003 runtime - most of my customers have at least Access
> > 2000.
> > Plus, I want to minimize dll updates on the client computers.
> >
> > Thanks for the help.

No, that is not true.

The ADO example is not really a good example, as ADO is external to Access.
Better examples would be the .AddItem and .RemoveItem methods of combo boxes
and list boxes, or the OpenArgs argument of the DoCmd.OpenReport method, or
the ImportXML and ExportXML methods.
--

> Thank you.  I remember reading somewhere that when you are in Access 2000
> file format mode in Access XP or 2003, you will not be presented with
> features that are not available in 2000.  Is this true? What might be the
> exceptions?  I guess I could set a reference in code to a newer dll like
> ADO
> and use a method or property that is not available in the older version of
> ADO.
>
> "Brendan Reynolds" wrote:
>
>> You have to be careful not to use any new features that were not
>> supported
>> in the earlier version, but other than that, no, there's no great
>> problem.
>>
>> --
>> Brendan Reynolds (MVP)
>>

>> "Jim D." <jimdalrymp@community.nospam> wrote in message
>> > Is there a problem with developing my application using Access 2003
>> > (with
>> > Access 2000 file format set) and then moving it to my Access 2000
>> > development
>> > machine, compiling it and then saving it as an mde file and then
>> > deploying
>> > it
>> > to my customers?
>> >
>> > The reason I want to do this is to minimize the need to distribute the
>> > Access XP or 2003 runtime - most of my customers have at least Access
>> > 2000.
>> > Plus, I want to minimize dll updates on the client computers.
>> >
>> > Thanks for the help.

0
Brendan
2/4/2005 10:21:14 PM
"Jim D." <jimdalrymp@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Is there a problem with developing my application using Access 2003 (with
> Access 2000 file format set) and then moving it to my Access 2000
> development
> machine, compiling it and then saving it as an mde file and then deploying
> it
> to my customers?

I am doing the above, as I really do like a2003. I also don't want to have
to have a2000 installed.

> The reason I want to do this is to minimize the need to distribute the
> Access XP or 2003 runtime - most of my customers have at least Access
> 2000.
> Plus, I want to minimize dll updates on the client computers.

Me too. One thing I have frequently noticed is that after moving the mdb to
the machine with a2000 on it, and then creating the mde, it OFTEN has
problems. So, MAKE SURE you do a de-compile, exit, then re-enter the
appctoion. whack-ctrl-g, and then compile the project. Now do a  compact and
repair. Now, you can safely distribute, or create the mde, and distribute
that.

So, about the only thing you have to be aware of here is to do a de-compile
on the machine with a2000...and then re-compile the application. if you miss
this step, I had some real nasty things happen (listboxes, combo boxes etc.
not drawing etc.).

--
Albert D. Kallal   (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
2/5/2005 10:52:01 PM
I'd like to jump in here because I have the exact same question/issue that
Jim D. originally asked (I want to develop for my client who has A2000 on my
A2002 workstation).  It sounds like, no matter what, we need an A2000
install to do a final compile before distributing?

Is there no easy/clean way to develop on A2002/A2003 and distribute an A2000
database without fighting missing references on the client's environment?

Thanks,
sjl

"Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMMkallal@msn.com> wrote in message
> "Jim D." <jimdalrymp@community.nospam> wrote in message
>> Is there a problem with developing my application using Access 2003 (with
>> Access 2000 file format set) and then moving it to my Access 2000
>> development
>> machine, compiling it and then saving it as an mde file and then
>> deploying it
>> to my customers?
>
> I am doing the above, as I really do like a2003. I also don't want to have
> to have a2000 installed.
>
>> The reason I want to do this is to minimize the need to distribute the
>> Access XP or 2003 runtime - most of my customers have at least Access
>> 2000.
>> Plus, I want to minimize dll updates on the client computers.
>
> Me too. One thing I have frequently noticed is that after moving the mdb
> to the machine with a2000 on it, and then creating the mde, it OFTEN has
> problems. So, MAKE SURE you do a de-compile, exit, then re-enter the
> appctoion. whack-ctrl-g, and then compile the project. Now do a  compact
> and repair. Now, you can safely distribute, or create the mde, and
> distribute that.
>
> So, about the only thing you have to be aware of here is to do a
> de-compile on the machine with a2000...and then re-compile the
> application. if you miss this step, I had some real nasty things happen
> (listboxes, combo boxes etc. not drawing etc.).
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal   (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com
> http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal

0
sjl
2/7/2005 8:00:28 PM
"sjl" <noemail@email.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to jump in here because I have the exact same question/issue that
> Jim D. originally asked (I want to develop for my client who has A2000 on
> my A2002 workstation).  It sounds like, no matter what, we need an A2000
> install to do a final compile before distributing?

Well, the default file format for a2003 is a2000. So, in theory, you can,
and should be able to work on the a2000 file, and give it to a client
without any problems. However, most good developers ALWAYS distribute a mde
to the users. And, point of fact, you can ONLY create a MDE in the version
of ms-access that you are using. I am only saying to be 100% sure, you want
to do the decompile I suggested. However, this de-compile is NOT a
requirement, but only my quest to reduce problems. I seen some problems if
you don't do the de-compile (this could be a problem that ONLY I
experienced). However, things should just work fine without the de-compile.

> Is there no easy/clean way to develop on A2002/A2003 and distribute an
> A2000 database without fighting missing references on the client's
> environment?

Well, references is a different issue now. If you JUST have the basic min
refs (create a blank new mdb, and take a look at the refs). If you don't
add, or change any of the refs, then you should be trouble free here. And,
of course any developer worth their salt will ALWAYS use late binding for
word, or excel, or Outlook automaton code. I distributed a lot of code to a
LOT of machines, and have not had a broken ref for years now...

--
Albert D. Kallal   (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com
http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal

0
Albert
2/8/2005 11:36:20 AM
Albert,
The primary issue I am having relates to the MS Access Object Library.  I'm
developing a 2000 version db on a 2002(XP) machine.  When I compile my app,
its referencing the 10.0 Object Library.  When I ship that to my client,
that library doesn't exist and the reference automatically switches to the
9.0 Object Library.  However, in doing so, nothing works until the app is
compiled using 9.0.

As you stated, I have found that compiling my app on a A2000 machine
pointing to 9.0 prior to delivery solves the problem.  I'm just wondering if
this is a required step or is there any way to accomplish this on my
A2002(XP) machine prior to delivery?  The user doesn't have the 10.0 Object
Library.  They only have A2000 (9.0).  It sounds like regardless of whether
I want to distribute a locked down .mdb file or an .mde file, I still have
to have an instance of A2000 to do a final compile on before distribution?

> "sjl" <noemail@email.com> wrote in message
>> I'd like to jump in here because I have the exact same question/issue
>> that Jim D. originally asked (I want to develop for my client who has
>> A2000 on my A2002 workstation).  It sounds like, no matter what, we need
>> an A2000 install to do a final compile before distributing?
>
> Well, the default file format for a2003 is a2000. So, in theory, you can,
> and should be able to work on the a2000 file, and give it to a client
> without any problems. However, most good developers ALWAYS distribute a
> mde to the users. And, point of fact, you can ONLY create a MDE in the
> version of ms-access that you are using. I am only saying to be 100% sure,
> you want to do the decompile I suggested. However, this de-compile is NOT
> a requirement, but only my quest to reduce problems. I seen some problems
> if you don't do the de-compile (this could be a problem that ONLY I
> experienced). However, things should just work fine without the
> de-compile.
>

>> Is there no easy/clean way to develop on A2002/A2003 and distribute an
>> A2000 database without fighting missing references on the client's
>> environment?
>
> Well, references is a different issue now. If you JUST have the basic min
> refs (create a blank new mdb, and take a look at the refs). If you don't
> add, or change any of the refs, then you should be trouble free here. And,
> of course any developer worth their salt will ALWAYS use late binding for
> word, or excel, or Outlook automaton code. I distributed a lot of code to
> a LOT of machines, and have not had a broken ref for years now...
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal   (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com
> http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal

0
sjl
2/8/2005 1:43:55 PM
I agree 100% with 'sjl'!!!!  The reference problems with a2000 to a2003 is a
pain.  Either dropping references and access trying to be too smart and
adding them.  I have a2003 installed on my machine (along w/ a2000 and a97)
and any time I try to open a a2000 database using my a2000 version it picks
up new references from the a2003 version.  References are ALWAYS a big issue
in coversion, and anyone that tells you different hasn't had the experience
w/ the problems or is in reference denial.

> [...]
>> is NOT a requirement, but only my quest to reduce problems. I seen some
>> problems if you don't do the de-compile (this could be a problem that
>> ONLY I experienced). However, things should just work fine without the
>> de-compile.
>>

>>> Is there no easy/clean way to develop on A2002/A2003 and distribute an
>>> A2000 database without fighting missing references on the client's
>>> environment?
>>
>> Well, references is a different issue now. If you JUST have the basic min
>> refs (create a blank new mdb, and take a look at the refs). If you don't
>> add, or change any of the refs, then you should be trouble free here.
>> And, of course any developer worth their salt will ALWAYS use late
>> binding for word, or excel, or Outlook automaton code. I distributed a
>> lot of code to a LOT of machines, and have not had a broken ref for years

Andy
3/22/2005 3:53:21 PM
����
"Jim D." <jimdalrymp@community.nospam> д���ʼ�
> Is there a problem with developing my application using Access 2003 (with
> Access 2000 file format set) and then moving it to my Access 2000
development
> machine, compiling it and then saving it as an mde file and then deploying
it
> to my customers?
>
> The reason I want to do this is to minimize the need to distribute the
> Access XP or 2003 runtime - most of my customers have at least Access
2000.
> Plus, I want to minimize dll updates on the client computers.
>
> Thanks for the help.

0
cacao4
4/1/2005 12:52:21 AM
Andy G <ajgould@iastate.edu> wrote in message
> [...]
> >> sure, you want to do the decompile I suggested. However, this
de-compile
> >> is NOT a requirement, but only my quest to reduce problems. I seen some
> >> problems if you don't do the de-compile (this could be a problem that
> >> ONLY I experienced). However, things should just work fine without the
> >> de-compile.

> >> Well, references is a different issue now. If you JUST have the basic
min
> >> refs (create a blank new mdb, and take a look at the refs). If you
don't
> >> add, or change any of the refs, then you should be trouble free here.
> >> And, of course any developer worth their salt will ALWAYS use late
> >> binding for word, or excel, or Outlook automaton code. I distributed a
> >> lot of code to a LOT of machines, and have not had a broken ref for

0
bai

Outlook 2003 mail rules #2
Is it possible to change a rule so that the connection between conditions is OR rather than AND? I'd like to apply the same rule to mail that goes *to* someone or comes *from* them (move it to their folder) This looks fundamentally impossible, as you have to chose upfront whether your rule will handle incoming or outgoing mail, and those choices are mutually exclusive. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Create two rules to move the mail to the same folder - one that acts on outgoing and one that acts on incoming. -- Bill R MVP "S...

wrapper class for Xml access
hai iam back with a new problem.... iam working in Vb.net with backend as vb i need to create a wrapper class to retrieve and add datas to and from an XML file... iam new to XMl... can anyone help me in this.. Vathan -- Vathan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vathan wrote: > > hai > > iam back with a new problem.... > iam working in Vb.net with backend as vb > > i need to create a wrapper class to retrieve ...

microsoft 2003 outlook encountered a problem and won't open
i just keep getting this error message and it keeps going in a cycle. Can't get into safe mode. Have tried replacing msmapi32.dll with an earlier version and that doesn't work. Does the program open/start under a different operating system user id? This will help determine if the problem is system or user specific. "dawnnolan" <dawnnolan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E25A0CD8-7493-4435-9A85-53C7CDF45F84@microsoft.com... >i just keep getting this error message and it keeps going in a cycle. >Can't > get into safe mode....

Split window in Outlook 2003?
Hello! I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? -- Andreas Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that > you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that >...

MFC application textbox input overflow on Japanese Windows 2000
My MFC application contains a dialog and a single line textbox of size of 30 characters . When the application run on English Wndows XP, as user type long English sentence to the textbox, the textbox always the last 30 characters. This is as expected. But when the application is run on Japanese Windows 2000, as user type long English sentence to the textbox, the input text overflow and wrap to the next line outside the textbox. Why is this happening? How can I make it behave the same way as English Windows XP? You are likely using a different font in the Japanese version. On Windows 2K the...

Exchange 2003 Migrations gone Awry
I have begun my first Exchange 2003 migration in the lab and ran into a little problem that I am hoping someone can assist with. I upgraded my NT 4.0 PDC to 2003 AD without any serious problems. I had Exchange 5.5 running on a Windows 2000 member server. I installed the ADC from the 2003 CD and connected the Exchange 5.5 server to AD. I built a new Server 2003 system and installed Exchange 2003 into the existing Exchange site. I move all mailboxes, Public Folders, etc over to the new server without a hitch (though some instructions said to move the mailboxes using the Exchange 5.5 administrat...

Outlook 2000 Internet Only Mail
Where do you find the storage file for Outlook 2000(IMO). I am trying to export the mail from the storage file to another mail file. The *.pst file location varies depending on what operating system you are running. The easiest way to determine location is to start Outlook. Right click on Outlook Today/personal folders and select properties. Select Advanced. Path/Filename information should be near the top. "Edwin Brooks" <ekbrooks@scal.kp.org> wrote in message news:026b01c35a1f$6399b690$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Where do you find the storage file for Outlook 2000(IMO). &...

Text not copying as text from Word to Excel 2003
I have a column of data in Word that contains info like, K-12, K-6, P, 9-12, 6-8. When I copy the data to Excel, the cells with the letters copy correctly, but the cells with the numbers convert to dates. I've tried pre-formatting the target cells in Excel, I've tried Data | Text to Columns, I've tried preceding the data with a single apostrophe before copying the data from Word. Incidently, this "works" but when I find and replace the apostrophe, the text gets converted to a date! Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. -- Christine "Christine" <Ch...

eConnect 10
webMethods and Great Plains eConnect are installed on different servers. GreatPlains and eConnect reside on the same server. In eConnect 8, webMethods used to create an instance of “ExecProcsXML.ExecStoredProcedure7” class and invoke “ExecStoredProc” module. The old classes/functions are no more valid. As eConnect guide describes that there is no support for COM and instead .NET assembly has to be used. However, when we try to refer to the Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect namespace to be able to access the eConnectMethods class, we get “Class not registered” error. We are able to vi...

Publishing Form Changes via Web Access
Hi I access CRM 1.2 via the web. In the past I have made changes to forms and they have appeared when I save and close. This no longer happens. Our IT support have restarted IIS but to no avail. Can anyone help please? Thanks Adam Hello AdamG, Have you published your changes before restarting IIS? In 1.2, only altering views and picklists showed up dynamically. Any form changes must be pulbished in the Deployment Mananger first. Kind Regards Eddie Fourie MBS Specialist A> Hi A> A> I access CRM 1.2 via the web. In the past I have made changes to A> forms and they have...

Access styles 2003-2007
Hi. Graphic styles from Access 2003 to 2007 seem quite different. Is there a way to configure Access 2007 to use 2003 styles? Some other way to convert form styles (graphics) between them? Thanks H. Martins I mean Form styles, not Access itself. HM. On Sep 11, 6:40 pm, "H. Martins" <HJRMart...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi. > > Graphic styles from Access 2003 to 2007 seem quite different. > > Is there a way to configure Access 2007 to use 2003 styles? > > Some other way to convert form styles (graphics) between them? > > Thanks > H. Martins ...

Troubleshooting Access Forms
I'm not sure what I did, but I've lost the ability to add new records to a form in Access 2003. I can go into a Table and add the record, but not directly through the form. The form's source is a Query that is run from the aforementioned Table. Any ideas? "capricorny" <capricorny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46DD8147-BBFA-4B76-A317-8BF8CA4F2280@microsoft.com... > I'm not sure what I did, but I've lost the ability to add new records to a > form in Access 2003. > > I can go into a Table and add the record, but not directl...

spliting up Exchange 2003 database
My Exchange server is starting to get sluggish. does anyone have some good howto documents for improving performance? Also, I want to split my database, how do I go about this? - Split Database = create new Storage Group (if on Enterprise Edition), create a new Store in the new SG, move mailboxes. - For performance and recovery, it's ideal to locate the new Store and transaction logs on 2 new volumes, rather than logical partitions on the same volume (you're not adding more spindles in the latter case... ). - The above recommendation is assuming the bottleneck is disk I/O. Yo...

Outlook 2003 Reply to All bug?
When I receive an external email and click reply to all Outlook 2003 puts my address in the to list of the reply as well. If I reply to the exact same email in Outlook 2000 it doesnt include me in the reply!!!! Whats going on? Why is 2003 doing this? Many Thanks for any assistance or comments. Previous versions of Outlook had a problem knowing who you were, so if you had more than one account in the profile, Outlook replied to all addresses. Outlook 2003 fixed that - it removes your address from reply to all provided the address matches the one in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

accessing XML data
Hi, I need to import data from XML to Access97 , what is the best way??? Is there any ODBC solution?? Thanx! Domac This was written with Access 2000 in view, but the idea should work. Check out the article at DBJ. http://www.databasejournal.com/features/msaccess/article.php/3310901 -- Danny J. Lesandrini dlesandrini@hotmail.com http://amazecreations.com/datafast "Domac" <dd.cc@cc.cc> wrote ... > Hi, > > I need to import data from XML to Access97 , what is the best way??? > > Is there any ODBC solution?? > > Thanx! > Domac > ...

Outlook 2003 autostart
Is it possible to have outlook 2003 to startup automatically when a PC starts? Yes, put it in your start up folder Neil "nothing" <rabebaby@raby.com> wrote in message news:7y%rg.1747$tE5.1486@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Is it possible to have outlook 2003 to startup automatically when a PC > starts? > Create a shortcut to Outlook in your startup folder. Right click on the start button, select explore, find the startup folder and insert a shortcut to Outlook.exe in that folder. Personally, I find starting Outlook AFTER I boot Windows makes the boo...

MM 2003 Memorized Transactions
Hi, When I enter a payee and hit Enter, other information (such as a Category, Amount, Memo) are filled in automatically. The thing is--some of the information is wrong (such as the Category), and I have to keep correcting that manually. I went to the payee list but there is no mention of such values (Category, Amount, Memo) in its properties. How can I change the Category information that "automatically" fills when I enter only the payee? Thanks! No one could answer this??? "Steve Litvack" <usa_NO8SPAM004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Lmt6b.4704$Kr5.1173@t...

outlook 2003 programming using managed code?
I'm not sure I'm posting this question in the correct newsgroup, so please bear with me. I'm spending some time learning how to customize outlook using VBA using the Sue Mosher text. The next step, after VBA, is the COM library. But, overtime, Microsoft will "cover" most of the important COM libraries with managed code. I think this is a positive step. Managed code is far easier to program with than the "bare" COM substrate. So now my question: is there an "official" Microsoft managed code layer for Outlook? It's an obvious next step. It's not...

money 2003 #45
payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits I have Money 2004 and have the same problem of no payees in pull down. In tools settings I do have it checked to display drop downs. They should show the most common used in last 12 months but do not. They do bring up one if you start to type it in. Wonder if new year of 2008 is not recognized in software but it had up till now? Leap Year? Looks like a common problem that needs an answer. "kahuna" wrote: > payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits "kahuna" wrote: > p...

Email content disappears using Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 with the Outlook Connector to my MSN email account, Windows 7. On a few of my emails, the content, including the header, disappears, but a placeholder for the email is still there. If I go to Hotmail, the email is still there, with all the content and header. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question...

Saving e-mails in My Documents folder in Outlook 2003
In older versions of Outlook, I could save emails to "My Documents" folder in the left navigation pane. Is it possible to move e-mails into My Documents folder in Outlook 2003? If so, How? You can drag the emails to the My Docs folder and it will create an Outlook message or use the save as and choose the format you want to save it in. "Carole" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d2101c47f4d$ee7634b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In older versions of Outlook, I could save emails to "My > Documents" folder in the left navigation...

Downloading Problem in Money 2003
I am having problem downloading my Visa statement in Money. I have a Canadian $ Visa as well as a US $ Visa...I used to be able to download any transactions from my bank but it no longer works. The message I get is as follows: Your statement contained a default currency (CAD) which was unrelated to the currency of the account "US$ Visa". Money does not support statements containing default currencies. How do I get this cleared up. I do not use my US Visa that often and don't care if it doesn't update...the Canadian account is the one I would like to fix. Thanks for you...

Questions to Windows Server 2003 & NLB
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with this problem: The last few days I tried to set up a loadbalancing-cluster with the windows nlb-manager. After reading a lot of stuff about that I think that I finally made it. I configured my 2-server-nlb-cluster and now I want to test it's functionality. My idea was to use a stresstest-tool from another pc and record the pakets on each server with ethereal (or wireshark, how it's called now). But now I have problems interpreting the result. How do I see if the loadbalancing works or not? Here are some screenshots: Server 1:...

Q: Using an Excel function to lookup Access table
I have an Access table that stores data used as a payment schedule. For example, two records would be these: StartingSales ($0), EndingSales ($1000), CommissionRate (.12) StartingSales ($1001), EndingSales ($5000), CommissionRate (.15) I need help understanding how I can get an Excel function to use this data to determine what an employees commission will be based on this "schedule." I believe I should use SELECT and CASE statements to set up the ranges based on the Access data...i just don't know how to pull it in to use. Function Commission(Sales) <----Sales is an Exc...

Exchange 2003 Message Queues
Hi Everyone, Can any one please tell me how to reduce the time during which exchange retry to send messages in the queue. I had 10 email messages that were stuck in the queue for 3 days. How can I automatically remove messages that stuck in the queue for more than a day ? -- M.B On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 02:03:27 -0800, M.B <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >Can any one please tell me how to reduce the time during which exchange >retry to send messages in the queue. > >I had 10 email messages that were stuck in the queue for 3 days. > >How ...