creating a database in 2000

would it be possible for me to create a database in 2000
and then install it onto a computer that only holds Access
97. if posisble how would i go about this,

regards
0
CLAY

Clay,

If your intent is to have Access 97 open/run the Access 2000 database, no
this cannot be done.   To open/run an Access 2000 database requires having
Access 2000 or 2002 (or a runtime installation of either) installed on the
computer.

--
Cheryl Fischer
Law/Sys Associates

"CLAY" <BUSIHARV@livjm.ac.uk> wrote in message
> would it be possible for me to create a database in 2000
> and then install it onto a computer that only holds Access
> 97. if posisble how would i go about this,
>
> regards

0
Cheryl
10/6/2003 12:50:54 PM
Hi

Can i create the database in access 2000 and then convert
what i have back to access 97 to run the database as a 97
program.

however if needs be could i create a databse in accesss 97
on one standalone computer and then copy it over to
another standalone computer. neither with any internet
connections..

regards

0
clay
10/6/2003 1:05:21 PM
Yes, you can but make sure you don't use any new features / functions / etc
.... which were introduced in A2K as these cannot be converted back to prior
version A97.

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

> Hi
>
> Can i create the database in access 2000 and then convert
> what i have back to access 97 to run the database as a 97
> program.
>
> however if needs be could i create a databse in accesss 97
> on one standalone computer and then copy it over to
> another standalone computer. neither with any internet
> connections..
>
> regards

0
Van
10/6/2003 1:18:58 PM
CLAY <BUSIHARV@livjm.ac.uk> wrote in message
> would it be possible for me to create a database in 2000
> and then install it onto a computer that only holds Access
> 97. if posisble how would i go about this,
>
> regards

Access 97
I have just been given the task of overseeing the conversion project at my company am looking for any information and project plans that might exist for an Access 97 to 2000 effort. Can you suggest a good place to start. White papers, articles etc and where this info resides. Any help would be appreciated. Alex Hi, having done "some" mdb�s in the meantime, i found the following: two main problems are: a) some useres "played" with Access security and did an unlock, which worked, but which disallowes the users to convert the database. So firstly i generally cre...

Publisher 2000 won't give consecutive page numbers...how to fix?
I've tried to print consecutive page numbers following the directions in Publisher. I didn't type a page number into the text box; however, I did change what number to begin using. Each page has the same number. ...

Creating a user usage log
I'd like to use the Get Login name function as detailed here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm On the form, there is a ComboBox (Combo1) and Command Button. The user selects a text value from Combo1 and then clicks the command button. What I need is to have the form create a recordset consisting of these 3 fields: CurrentTime (or timestamp) Network User ID combo1.value Then with the recordset, append the line to a table in another .mdb Can someone help with the VBA on this? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On-Click event tg112001 wrote: >I'd ...

Creating a customer record in a child table
A big thank you again for the help I have been given so far. I want to create a child record linking to the original customer. I thought this would be simple [call]![customer_ID].value = [customer]![ID].value [customer]![ID].value gives me the ID of the first record in the table, not the currently selected record. What is the easy way of doing this? On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 04:40:56 +1100, Avid Fan <me@privacy.net> wrote: >A big thank you again for the help I have been given so far. > >I want to create a child record linking to the original customer. > &g...

Add a comment or Title to an email already created
I use folders in outlook to store important emails but these emails are sent to me from different people and have different writing in the subject section. I would like to categorise this information or at least and a comment for each email that can be used as a reference to the information in the email for me only. For example: ORIGINAL EMAIL SUBJECT: Andrew FYI. SUBJECT OR COMMENT I WANT FOR THE EMAIL: Light Repairs Is there a way i can create a comment/discription message for each email in the folder or change the subject without replying or fowarding the email to my...

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Need help for creating Help File in Excel
Hi, I have developed a small program in Excel. I want to creat full-fledged help file for this program. Please help me to create th help file. Suni -- sunil3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sunil31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1194 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27174 Hi one way: - get the HTML Help Workshop program from Microsoft (free available at Microsoft's site) - create your individual help topics as HTML pages But if this is only a small program mayb...

Outlook 2000 to 20003 sharing calendars and folders.
I'm in a small architecture office with 10 work stations, our network is a pier to pier lan. We don't have a true server, just a file server that holds our data. Currently we're using Outlook 2000. We share a common office calendar through our email, not an exchange server. I like this, and have no complaints. From what I've gathered, Office 2003 requires an Exchange server to accomplish this. Am I right? Is it worth making that upgrade to an Exchange server? As I upgrade our workstations, I'm hestitant to try and fix a good thing by going to Office 2003. Any adv...

Cannot create file error. Cannot open or save tif files...please h
Error I an receiving when trying to open a tif file as follows: Cannot create file:Remittance_advice.tif.right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder I am using windows vista and office 2007 outlook I cannot open or save a tif file. I can open all other file attachments. I can forward to another pc in my office and they can open. they can rename the tif and resend to me and I can open. original name is remittance_advice.tif and renamed is remittance_advice1.tif. this just start...

Save as Pub 2000 by default
Is there a way to make Pub 2003 save as a Pub 2000 document by default. Such as I click the save icon and the document is then saved as a 2000 document without having to select save as a pub 2000. If you save the 2003 as a 2000 document, do editing and resave, you can click the save icon, the publication will not revert back to 2003. That is as close as a default you are going to get. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD6FE6CA-6DDA-4E...

Office 2000 pasting multiple excel pages into Word-
Hi Folks, Per the subject, I have an excel file with 400 plus rows of data, and the page setup is set to repeat four rows at the top of each page when printed. Is there any way to paste the rows into Word so that it retains the "repeat the rows at top of every page" when it breaks across the pages in Word? If there is I have not found a way. Thanks As you say the Excel data is breaking across pages, I assume that you are pasting the cells into word using a simple paste, in which case it is actually being converted to a Word table so that you can use Word's ...

how do I create conditional format
I am trying to set up conditional formatting for my spreadsheet to check for duplicate addresses. The addresses are entered in two columns (house number and street name). If there is a match on these two columns I would like the duplicate data to appear red. If somebody knows the formula I should use, I would really appreciate it! Thanks- Paula Hi! Assume your data is in the range A1:B20. Select the range A1:B20 Goto Format>Conditional Formatting. Formula is: =COUNTIF($A$1:$B$20,A1)>1 Click the Format button then select the styles you want. OK out Biff >-----Original Mess...

Consolidating & Labels
When consolidating a bunch of data and checking "Create Links to Sourc Data," everything works fine but it includes a + or minus icon on th left to click on to see all of the values summed (added rows). Now, my question is: Is it possible to have labels on the left of al of these 40 values or so being summed (only seen when consolidated cel is expanded) and have those labels appear directly to the left of thes values from the source files? This would then make it easy to create pivotTable. Thank you -- rhelle -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

May you help me? output data MS Access query to excel and create chart.
You can help me. output query in MS Access to new worksheet in MS Exce and create any chart. plz tell me. How to do it. it improtant for m Attachment filename: chart.jpg Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=54454 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Access, get the result of the query in a datasheet form. Copy. Switch to XL. Paste. Alternatively, in Excel, use Data | Import External Data > New database query... and follow directions on using MS Query to get data from the Access database. -- Regards, ...

Shared Workbook Crashes Excel 2000
Using a large shared spreadsheet on A Windows 2000 server we are running into a strange problem. Every so often the users cannot opten the spreadsheet and it crashes Excel giving illegal memory message. It can only be opened on one machine, the shared feature is taken off before other users can open it. The odd thing is that it shows spurious users on the list of users who have the spreadsheet open. Any ideas? ...

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

Database problems in Vista
I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message: "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or classs does not support the set of events!" I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window. Is there something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? See: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html Option 2 is probably the best general solution. -- A...

Outlook 2003 to 2000
How do I convert *.pst file from Outlook 2003 (Expired - beta!) to Outlook 2000. I think this has something to do with converting unicode to non-unicode format? Set the clock on your machine back a couple of months, then do a File | Export. You should have a choice to export it to a Outlook 2000/2002 PST file. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Junior" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

unable to create user mailbox in Exchange 2003 SP2
I seem to have a big problem in that when creating a user in Exchange 2003 /w SP2 the user's email address isn't created. Also, the mailbox rights only has the user (SELF) listed and not the other properties that should be there. I manually created the smtp, x400 addresses then tried to logon to that users exchange mailbox and couldn't. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 7/5/2006 Time: 6:50:26 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /o=AB/ou...

MS Excel creating inventory
I need to keep a running inventory of parts and material furnished to my company by the Government for repair work. Can I integrate barcode scanning and software into MS Excel? I think this would be much less laborious than manually inputting hunreds of items on hundreds of different jobs. Any help greatly appreciated. I did a google search...but not real sure which programs will integrate. ...

Outlook 2000 how does it perform in Vista
Hi there, I'm using vista home premium. Is anyone still using Outlook from Office 2000? Any problems or bits not working?? As its not supported any more will that make it vulnerable to virus etc. When the other laptop died and I bought this one with vista on, I thought I'd give windows mail a go but to be honest I'm missing sorting by clolour etc. Thanks It is not supported and does not work well. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://w...

creating a blank formula cell
I am trying to create a sheet which has a number in cell a1 and another number in cell b1 and in cell c3 the sum, however i want cell c3 to stay empty until b1 is filled. I used to have this on a old spreadsheet but cannot find out how to do this on excel 2007 Regards Stephen Brown =IF(LEN(TRIM(K5))<1,"",SUM(J5:K5)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Stephen" <awai91@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:CB8AB2DB-4E87-4BCF-8AF9-2B0F05D74D20@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a sheet which has a number ...

Help in creating a list with a drop down menu
I would like to create a worksheet that allows me to have a drop dow list that will pick products and services. What I'd like to know is. 1. How do I create the drop down list? (I have no VB skills) 2. How do I create a formula for each of the options on the menu? Any help you guys can offer will be very much appreciated. Thanks Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can create dropdown lists with Data>Validation. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html There's a sample file on my web site tha...

Outlook 2000 cannot shutdown, services still running
Hi all, I have Outlook2000 SR/1 at work and Outlook2003 at home. Right after I've installed Outlook2003 at home, when I'm at work, I cannot shutdown my Outlook2000 anymore. Both Outlooks are checking/.sending mail from the same Exchange server. Pls help, thks. Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook2000 SR/1 at work and Outlook2003 at home. Right after > I've installed Outlook2003 at home, when I'm at work, I cannot > shutdown my Outlook2000 anymore. Both Outlooks are > checking/.sending mail from the same Exchange server. Pls...

Outlook forms and 2000 -> 2003 upgrade
We're in the process of upgrading both Exchange from 5.5 -> 2003 and Outlook from 2000 -> 2003. My question has to do with forms. We have quite a few that make use of pretty standard stuff with no programming code behind them. Are there any significant changes to the Outlook forms that we need to investigate and if so, what resources can we review to get an understanding of the possible changes? (some of use have been using outlook 2k3 since the beta and have not had a problem with the forms, but I figured we'd better take a look.) Thanks \\Greg See http://www.outlook...