Corruption on 2002 / 2000 database showing "blank" objects

Database created in Office XP, used by clients with
Office 2000 (database is saved as 2000 format).

warning: it's a multi-user environment -- including
replication.

After few days of usage, the database loses some of the
macros and seems to display several empty or blank
objects that did not exist previously. Once clicked on
receive "object does not exist error". This also appears
sometimes in the Reports area, too.

Any thoughts?
0
Dennis

Although Office XP can/does use Access2000 format files, there seems to be a
difference depending on which Access it is run under, and that is whether it
references "Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library" or "Microsoft Access 10.0
Object Library". Therefore, I don't think it is safe to use the exact same
copy of the mdb, simultaneously under both versions of Access.

At the least it has probably decompiled.

Chris

"Dennis" <mackeweb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Database created in Office XP, used by clients with
> Office 2000 (database is saved as 2000 format).
>
> warning: it's a multi-user environment -- including
> replication.
>
> After few days of usage, the database loses some of the
> macros and seems to display several empty or blank
> objects that did not exist previously. Once clicked on
> receive "object does not exist error". This also appears
> sometimes in the Reports area, too.
>
> Any thoughts?

0
Chris

Zero to appear as blank
I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) Thnx Prakash..... =if(a10="","",if(vlookup(a10,detail,2)=0,"",vlookup(a10,detail,2))) Prakash wrote: > > I have a VLOOKUP formula below. When the value is zero, I want the result to be blank. What do I do. > > =IF(A10="","",VLOOKUP(A10,detail,2)) > > Thnx > Prakash..... -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com In addition to modifying your formula as Dave suggeste...

xl 2007 how to validate that cell 1 invalid if cell 2 not blank
microsoft office 2007 xl - how do you validate a cell such that you cannot enter a value in cell 1 if a value has been entered in cell 2? ...

Can I convert or compress an Avi file so it will fit on a blank DVD ?
Hello there! Perhaps Panzy or any other experts out there could help me with this? I downloaded the program called 'Videos to DVD converter V3.1' by 'Koyote Soft-2009' which Panzy kindly informed me of but I have come up against a slight problem. I have found the formula to put my downloaded films on to DVD to watch on my regular DVD player using this software. The first three films all Avi's, fitted within the size bands of the DVD window of 4.7 GB or 120 minutes determining the size of my blank DVD's. The last couple of films I have downloaded h...

Conditional Format Blanks
Hi, I have read the previous threads on this subject, however I can't find a response to my need. I am trying to apply conditional formatting to cells using a macro. However my range of data changes daily. What I would like to do is apply the conditional formatting to blanks in column F, ONLY if the cell next to it in Column E is NOT Blank. That way I can select the column as part of the macro, and not have to worry about my Blank cells beyond my data range being conditionally formatted. All help appreciated Thanks The CF formula would be =AND(E2<>"",F2="") ...

Word 2000/2007- Blank Last Pages
I have a client who is using Next Page Section Breaks and all is fine until the last page, which shows up as a blank. I have tried all the tricks in Suzanne Barnhill's document about remvoing blank pages, but nothing works. The best I could do was select the paragraph marker and hide it. That of course, doesn't get rid of the last page on-screen, but does suppress it for printing purposes. I tried all of Susanne's suggestions in Word 2007 (in compatability mode) as my client is using Word 2000. Any other suggestions as to how to remove/delete a blank last page?...

Highlight first blank cell in column
What code do I need to allow the first blank cell found in a range to be highlighted. Example D1:D12 contains a value D13 is the first blank cell in "D" C5 is hightlighted when code is run D13 is highlighted Thank you if you can help with this. This should help! This code will start at the top of Column D and scan down to find the first empty cell and the highlight that cell yellow, then exit. Let me know if I need to tweak it for you. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Sub Highlighter() Dim lngLastRow As Long Dim...

Open Form Artificially Blank
Hi, I have a form bound to a set number of records. I do not want the user to be able to add any new records. I have a combo box with some VB code to allow the user to select one of the records to be able to edit it. When they first open the form, it shows the first record's info. I would prefer that all the fields were blank until they use the combo-box to select a record. How can I do this? I don't want to create a dummy blank record and make that open first, because then I have an empty record floating around to mess up my reports. Also, I don't want the...

Pivot table Blanks
When using a pivot table I always have a row at the bottom called Blank, even when I cant see any blank rows in the data, how can I get rid of this. Thanks for any help provided Dean dkso@ntlworld.com www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Dean, "Blank" can happen when the data range for the pivot table extends beyond the last record in your data. If you have a varying count of rows, and at least one column has no empty cells (to the last record, not beyond), you can use the dynamic range technique. Post back. Another option is to right-click the "blank"...

Blank Message Bodies in OWA
I'm running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6. Using OWA end users can successfully access the Inbox but when they open a message the body is blank. If they click on reply or forward, when the form opens it shows the content of the body so it is a weird situation. I was having some problems that were fixed with KB818709, I suspect this problem started after that; however I can't say for sure that this problem started after I applied that fix. I have already applied the fixes recommended in KB314532 but it didn't help. I hope somebody has an idea about what to try next. Thanks. I'd ...

SOP Blank Invoice Form Comments field
I want to know how I can enter the data for the Comments field in the Blank Invoice Form. I was able to print a comment on the Comment (1) field using by entering a Comment ID on the Comment field. Where do I put if I want to print on the Comment (2), Comment (3) and Comment (4) fields. Thanks when entering a comment you are entering into a large text field. By default you can print 4 lines of 50 characters on the Blank Invoice Form. The large text field is automatically split into the 4 Comment fields. So basically Comment 2 is used if you exceed 50 characters or put a hard return i...

Blank pages in reports
When we create a report in Visual Studio, it looks exactly as intended. However, when we upload this report to CRM, something gets tweaked and blank pages appear. So something is getting rendered incorrectly in CRM. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct the problem? Thanks, -Rick M. Verify the width of your pages, you may need to shrink them down a little less than what the ruler shows you. You may also want to consider setting the left and right margins to .2 or .5 rather than 1 inch; I would do this if you have not because its the fastest test. It can be a pain ge...

Intermittent blank e-mail problem with Outlook 2003
Small organization with 4 machines (all running XP SP2). 3 physical locations for these machines, with 3 different ISP's. One external/ISP POP3 mail server. All machines are running Outlook 2003 SP1 (11.6359.6408). 3 of the 4 receive blank messages on an intermittent basis, but only from 3 regular contacts of the organization (3 different domains). All other mail, in and out, works perfectly. All Outlooks are configured identically except that the 4th (working) machine also connects to an Exchange server via a VPN (it receives the POP account separately and that is set-up the ...

blank emails #5
hi, i am running exchange 2000 w/ outlook 2003 on terminal services 2003. one of my users sporadically will receive emails from valid senders (internal & external) with a blank body. however, when i check the internal sender's sent items, i do see that they did type a message in the body of the email. the strange part is that if they sent the email to more than one user, only one person will receive a blank email, the other user will receive the entire message body. please help. thanks, jen On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:56:39 -0500, "Jennifer Mar" <jmar@cityharvest.org>...

Adding SOP number to POP blank form
I'd like to know how to add the SOP number to the POP form in GP 8.0. I realize in the earlier version you were able to configure the SOP_POPLink table relationships to POP_PO however I can't seem to configure this in 8.0. Is there a new report writer function? Thanks, ...

Portfolio Manager Blank Page
I have Money Plus Deluxe and am getting a blank page when i select portfolio manager. I have tried the following but did not fix the issue: Unistalling and then reinstalling. Have logged in safe mode with networking. Cleared the IE temp files, history, cookies. Changed security settings to lowest levels in IE7. Quick file repair, standard file repair (no errors found). Sample file shows the same issue. OS is Vista 32bit, IE7, MS Live OneCare is the AV protection. Take my file and use on another PC (Vista or WinXP) and it works fine. Any ideas/suggestions? In microsoft.public.mon...

Access 2007 on Vista
Hello, I have some forms with text boxes that contain dlookups as their control source. They will not display on the form until A) I click into the text box, then the value appears or B) I minimize Access and then maximize it and the data appears. I have tested this on multiple machines - it is definitely a Vista problem, it does not occur on win XP Prof. Any ideas? ...

Select next blank cell
I'm using the following to locate the next blank cell. ActiveSheet.Range("G6000").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select I find though, that if the cells have a formula in them that even if the value is blank, this procedure thinks otherwise. How can this be amended to ignore the formula, which is =IF(A37=TRUE,F37,) down the column. Rob Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = ActiveSheet.Evaluate("=MAX(ROW(G1:G6000)*(G1:G6000<>""""))") MsgBox LastRow & " Is the lastrow with something on it" act...

Blank emails #6
Hi, A few of my users including myself have been losing email bodies. For example, this morning, i went through all my emails and moved some to another folder. I restarted my machine and all the emails I had moved where back in my inbox and the message body was gone. Any ideas of what may be causing this and how I can resolve it? I am running exchange 2000 sp4 on w2k sp4 I was going to say to look at your firewall, but after rereading your post it almost sounds like something on your client end is causing you some grief. Antivirus? Outlook Rules? Does the same thing happen if you move...

Outlooks sending blank email
Hi All, I've been having this problem on and off for a couple of months. The frustrating thing about it that it only happens on a few emails and I don't seem to be able to replicate the issue on demand. Problem. When sending and replying to an email the body of the email is sent blank. It is sent thru to the recipient as blank and also appears in my sent items as blank. I send my emails as HTML through an exchange server. I'm using Outlook 2002 SP-2 (10.4712.4219) and Windows 2000 Professional. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regard gibby157 ...

need to edit blank email
I have started working with Outlook 2003, and am exceedingly annoyed that the messages I make are all spaced out at inordinately large intervals. A little bit of knowledge being dangerous, I have fixed Word and Excel to start exactly as I want them to, and would like to do the same with Outlook. When I am done composing a message, I Select All and |Format|Paragraph| and set Before and After to 0 and it collapses the message somewhat, but its annoying to have to keep doing it. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. -- Regards, P D Sterling Florida, New York USA are you using wo...

Removing blank spaces
I have two text fields storing part numbers. One stores a stripped number and the other stores a spaced number. Example: (12345 and 12 34 5). I have a Search text box that I currently type a stripped number into and the record is retrieved. I need help on the following: If a spaced number is entered, I would like to strip all spaces and have it find the stripped number as if I had typed the stripped number first. can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. hdfixitup Replace( yourString, " ", "" ) should replace the spaces to nothing. That function may not works, i...

Results from blank linked cells
I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the copy/paste/link cell method. How can I get a blank space (as opposed to the zero I am presently getting), in the destination, if the source cell is blank. I am linking a input sheet to several forms that must be sent out, but I don't want a form that will have a number of zeros in it. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) If the linked cell looks empty, show empty, else show the value. Mr. Anolog wrote: > > I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the &g...

Blank lines on Purchase Order Line Item Comments
I'm having a problem that some purchase order are print blank lines in the line item comments section. I'm currently using a large text box to print the comments on the report. It seems like it's trying to fille the space with blank lines, sometimes. I've checked for CR-LF on the POs, but don't see any. Are there some escape key sequences that might trigger this? Some other reason I'm over looking? A better way to display PO line item comments? Thanks If the PO is a graphical format the report will hold the space for the text box independent of how much text is in it...

Apostrophes in Blank Cells
I am importing Excel data that has what seems to be blank cells but on closer inspection I can see an apostrphe in the formula bar. That's not a problem because I have written a macro to identify apostrophes and clear the contents of these cells. The mystery is that when the same data is imported on a friend's computer with the same version of Excel the apostrophe does not appear in his formula bar (although they are still non-blank cells) and so my macro will not work on his computer since it doesn't see the apostrophes. Although I can write a different macro in his case, ...

Blank email attachment of email.
Hi, Got email with attachment containing blank attach message ? How to resolve this issue. Using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 2003 SP2, sender possibility using newer version of office and exchange. I had hear is a setting on the sender email server that is causing this to happen. What recommendations is to be set on sender server? Thank in advance, S. Hi IT boy maybe the "attachment" is in the list of "blocked" attachments on the sender site or on your site. Have a look on this site: "How to configure Outlook to block additional attachment file name exte...