Copy data between access databases with slightly different structures

If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is fully
populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields data
from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this?

0
Partha

    See if this is what you want.  Open one database and create a link to
the table in the other database.  Then create an append query.  You can
choose the fields you want to append, leaving the other fields alone and/or
use criteria to chose what records you want to append.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1  It's Irish Math

"Partha Mandayam" <partha@partha.com> wrote in message
> If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is fully
> populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields
data
> from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this?

0
Joseph
10/3/2003 11:34:39 PM
I want to be able to do it dynamically by just comparing the two databases.
The number of mismatched fields could vary. I need to be able to compare the
two structures and only copy data for matching fields.

"Joseph Meehan" <sligojoeSPAM2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>     See if this is what you want.  Open one database and create a link to
> the table in the other database.  Then create an append query.  You can
> choose the fields you want to append, leaving the other fields alone
and/or
> use criteria to chose what records you want to append.
>
> --
> Joseph E. Meehan
>
> 26 + 6 = 1  It's Irish Math
>

> "Partha Mandayam" <partha@partha.com> wrote in message
> > If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is
fully
> > populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields
> data
> > from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this?

0
Partha
10/3/2003 11:44:40 PM
    Do you mean matching field definitions or matching data in the field?

    BTW I notice you have a large number of cross post newsgroups.  I have
replied to all because I am not sure what ng you are reading.  It is
generally not a good idea to include so many.  Some appear to be off the
target from their name.  I am on microsoft.public.access.

--

> I want to be able to do it dynamically by just comparing the two
databases.
> The number of mismatched fields could vary. I need to be able to compare
the
> two structures and only copy data for matching fields.
>
> "Joseph Meehan" <sligojoeSPAM2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >     See if this is what you want.  Open one database and create a link
> > the table in the other database.  Then create an append query.  You can
> > choose the fields you want to append, leaving the other fields alone
> and/or
> > use criteria to chose what records you want to append.
> >
> > --
> > Joseph E. Meehan
> >
> > 26 + 6 = 1  It's Irish Math
> >

> > "Partha Mandayam" <partha@partha.com> wrote in message
> > > If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is
> fully
> > > populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields
> > data
> > > from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this?

0
Joseph

HTTP Error 401.3
Hi, I hope someone can help me. CRM worked fine for a while, but suddenly everybody, except the CRMAdmin account gets the following error: HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource. The website is runnning on SBS2003 and i created the website myself before installing CRM. The folder where the webdata is stored is :\inetpub\MSCRM IUSR account does have the right permissions.. I cannot find any messages in the IIS website logfile I found some articles about this error, but i do not know where to start because they assume you have the w...

copy a pdf graph into a word document
I'm trying to copy and paste a graph from a pdf document into a Word document. My operating system is Windows Vista. I've tried to print from the pdf document but nothing happens. I have several graphs that I need and don't want to have to copy them all out by hand. Any help would be most gratefully accepted. My email address is: hokokeha@hotmail.com Thanks in advance Hi, BernieMurray, Is the real problem that you are unable to print the PDF? Are you using Word to try to work around that problem? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so a...

Excluding hidden columns and rows when copying to another workbook
When I print part of a worksheet that has hidden columns and rows - the hidden columns and rows do not print. That's what I want. Now--I'd like to take that same data and copy it to another workbook excluding the formulas and hidden columns and rows so that the new file contains only the data as was printed. How can I do that? PJ Select your range including hidden rows and columns then Edit>Go To>Special>Visible cells only>OK Now do your copy/paste. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:16:07 -0800, "PJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Copying Modified Invoices
We currently use SOP Short Invoice and I want to copy the report to the SOP Other Invoice in report writer. The invoice layout is totally different, and I am trying not to spend days recreating it. I could not locate any type of copy functionality from one modified invoice to another. Any ideas out there. We are on version 7.0 Zach 1.export the modified Short Invoice report as a package file. 2. open the Package file in notepad and change the Component name and Report SOP Other Invoice and save 3. import the package file Voila! HS "Zach Morgan" <ZachMorgan@discussions....

Copying to a disk
when I try to copy data to a disk, it often can't read the disk or it says the disk is full when there is only 1 small file on it. I also can't erase the file. I can't find a command in file to allow me to erase or delete the file or format the disk. Wha tdo I do?? Dear jqh: This is a Great Plains forum. Although someone here might be able to answer your question, you might have better luck on a MS Windows forum. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics You throw the disk away and get a new one. You're asking for trouble copying data t...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

URL access
Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? In addition, can you hand search condition? Hello, I searched the SDK for this, but only found out about URL addressable forms. Seems to me like you have to write a custom ASP.NET web application (grid) to write this behavior. Anyone else? Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "a-kun" wrote: > Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? > In addition, can you hand search condition? ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

clearing pictures copied from websites
Hello, I posed this question a couple of years ago and someone helped by providing a macro which I unfortunately lost. I often create spreadsheets with prices I copy from pricewatch.com. I want to keep the product image but I want to get rid of the buy now button. I can't delete that row or column - the image remains. Thanks Try rightclicking on that button and hitting the delete key. Boe wrote: > > Hello, > > I posed this question a couple of years ago and someone helped by providing > a macro which I unfortunately lost. I often create spreadsheets with ...

Reformat data to vertical format
Here is what I am trying to do. http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/totalcontrolproducts_OLD/download/images/Untitled-1.gif I have about a thousand records that I need in a vertical format with normal shared field name. Any suggestions -- Psydwaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Psydwaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2437 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37965 see Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm...

lotus approach queries VS access queries.
Hi, We are migrationg from approach to access. My basic underastanding of the procedure is that the data has to be migrated and all the other features like forms and reports have to be recreated. Is 'Approach query' different from MS Access query? Can this be assumed to be replaced by Access query? cheers, Nuti ...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

copy rows to another file
Dear Experts I have following code,i need to copy desirde rows to new file (r.xls) on sheet 1. This code is able to copy desired rows from active sheet to sheet2(same file) based on values in column G. Would you please guide me? regards Sub Marine() Dim arrParts() As String Dim MyRange As Range, CopyRange As Range Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("G1:G" & LastRow) response = InputBox("Enter rows to copy in the format nnn,nnn,nn") arrParts = Split(response, ",") For Each ...

Line Graph with two different data points
Hello, I am trying to create a line chart with numbers from my product Vs a competitor. The problem i am having is how can i make a chart that will have four data points comparing to each other? For example Product A- 1.5 1.2 1.6 1.8 Product B- 2.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Product A- 70% 20 % 30% 67% Product B- 65% 30% 65% 55% How do i get all of these numbers on one chart? Is a line chart correct. I want to see these numbers compared?? Thank you so much Hi, Since the number don't appear related to the percentages you might plot them on the same chart but two different axes. If they were relate...

CollegestudentHelp me create an automated data entry program in Ex
I have detailed customer information and I want to be able to type in the customer ID and have the rest of the information fill itself in. Please help. All in Excell. use vlookup function. see help Desperate College Student <Desperate College Student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67CDC09B-4121-4F68-A0A6-0DCC7C09543E@microsoft.com... > I have detailed customer information and I want to be able to type in the > customer ID and have the rest of the information fill itself in. Please > help. All in Excell. As suggested you can use the VLOOKUP function...

copy without space
I copy a cell to another app. and it contains a space. How should I cop from Excel without this space -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Catalog Merge from SQL Database
I am trying to make a catalog for my business. I have successfully gotten the information out of our SQL Database using a Catalog Merge. My problem is as follows, we sell printing papers for wide format printers, the paper we sell have the same descriptions but have different sizes, part numbers, and pricing, i.e. Paper 1 comes in 36"x100' 42"x100' but both have the same descriptions as they have the same face surface. When I do the catalog merge I get the description for each and every product and it makes the catalog about twice as long. I wanted to have a descri...

database takes too long to open
Hi, I have a customer that has a problem with his exchange server, the outlook users takes longer than usual to start opening their mailboxes, and when I open the mailbox store, it also takes longer than usual (about a minute or 2). I recently found out that the ExchangeAL was not finding a DC, becuase it was incorrecly configured on the RUS, I fixed that, I also made an offline defragmentation of the database and checked its integrity using isinteg, and everything is fine. I don´t know what maybe wrong with it, but it´s making the users upset that the outlooks takes so long t...

Adding a Bank to Money 2002's database
Can I add an online bank to Money 2002's database or must it be added by Microsoft?? In microsoft.public.money, Rob wrote: >Can I add an online bank to Money 2002's database or must >it be added by Microsoft?? That must be done by Microsoft working together with your bank. However you can use any bank you choose for your own file. Just select the (Not Listed) choice when you create the account. Then in the Account Details, enter the address, web site URL, etc. ...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...