Converting to .net

Hello everyone,
Has anyone ever used an upgrade wizard that upgarades an
MS Access application to vb.net ?
I realize that a lot of code would have to be rewritten.
I have a very complicated ms access product that works
something similar as client server I have a data file and
a programm file both are written in MS Access, So has
anyone ever heard of a wizzard that upgrades .mdb into
VB.net.
Thank you very much.
Igor
0
Igor

No such tool exists. (To my knowledge.)

I re-wrote an Access app in VB.Net and it was not easy.
There is a sharp learning curve.
--
Joe Fallon
Access MVP

"Igor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> Has anyone ever used an upgrade wizard that upgarades an
> MS Access application to vb.net ?
> I realize that a lot of code would have to be rewritten.
> I have a very complicated ms access product that works
> something similar as client server I have a data file and
> a programm file both are written in MS Access, So has
> anyone ever heard of a wizzard that upgrades .mdb into
> VB.net.
> Thank you very much.
> Igor

0
Joe

How to start an application or ASP.NET project in VS 2008
I have a problem. I'm working on "brushing up" on my MSVS 2008/ SQL Server 2008. Both these are installed on my laptop. When I start up MSVS 2008 and select "New" then "Project" I can see the Business Intelligence Projects templates, which is not what I need right now, and I can see a selection for Other Project Types templates. However, selecting the Other Project Types I see no templates at all!? Is there someplace I can download these templates? Thanks so much for your help. Steve "S_K" <steve_kershaw@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Exporting to .txt converts single quotes to double quotes
Hi All Im making a module that will create a new spreadsheet, populate it with some fixed and variable values and save it as a text file. Unfortunately excel 2007 is saving the following line: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-885h9-1" ?> as "<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""ISO-885h9-1"" ?>" when I open it in wordpad. I have tried coding this line as = "<?xml version=" & Chr(34) & "1.0" & Chr(34) & " encoding=" & Chr(34) & "IS...

How do you convert numbers as "text" to values for a long column .
I need to convert numbers as text to values that can be added for a long column of entries. HELP One quick way .. Select the entire col, say col A Click Data > Text to columns Click Finish -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "geoexcel" <geoexcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49D3D9DE-73B6-4D34-8BBE-E9886EC81411@microsoft.com... > I need to convert numbers as text to values that can be added for a long > column of entries. HELP =SUM(A2:A65536+0) If there are any non-number t...

Client Server Application. (NET?, MFC?, COM?, WEB SERVICE?...)???
Hi All, I have to develop an application Client Server (IN C++). (This application controls the stock of a supermarket.) The db is SQL Server Which is the better choice? MFC or Windows Forms. MFC whit COM or Web Services. Windows Forms whit COM or Web Services. .. as should be this? I am confused. Thank you very much. ...

convert IIF statements
hi, I am trying to convert IiF statement to query statement. Probably the CASE statement... here is what i have... if [TP] = '2' then 'FH' elseif [TP] = '3' then 'FH' elseif [INV]=55555 then 'FH' else 'NHF' end GS = if [grp] = 'FN' then 'FN' elseif [grp]='FNREM' then 'FN' elseif [grp]='FNREMSL' then 'FN' elseif [grp]='LLL' then 'LLL' else 'Non GS' end Final FH (FH or NHF) iif([FH]='FH',iif([INV]<>55555,iif([HS]='SSS','FH...

converting publisher files
I developed a brochure in Publisher. I sent it to a friend for her input and constructive criticism. She could not open it with any of her programs and ask me "if I could save it as any one of the following: image file, jpeg, tiff, Word, text file, web file, Frontage or Adobe Pagemaker"? I tried Word and text but neither worked when I opened them. The brochure was developed using Publisher 97 and I have both Word 97 and 2000 on Windows XP. How can I get this to work? Thanks Publisher Problems refer to http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- David Bartosik - ...

Convert weekly to monthly data
Hi, I have such question: My data is on weekly base in columns like this: date smth. ..... ... 27.08.02 471059 20.08.02 452789 13.08.02 465509 06.08.02 420657 30.07.02 430325 23.07.02 446067 16.07.02 486180 09.07.02 452964 .... ... And I want to organize it monthly on average. Could anyone help me with advise? Thanks, Svilen Hi Svilen Create a Pivot table. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm Use "date" as row source and "smth" as data source. Rightclick the Date table header, choose the "group" menu, group by month. HTH. B...

Multiple Convert Lead...
Can I convert multiple leads at once, instead of doing them one at a time? no - only one at a time. The wizard requires that you make some selections before conversion ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "StingRayYellow" <StingRayYellow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FE558A4-699D-4F5F-8E52-D78A167DE459@microsoft.com... > Can I convert multiple leads at once, instead of doing them one at a time? Thank you for the clarification. ...

Pasted fractions converted to dates
I'm trying to copy a table containing text, decimals and fractions from a word table into excel. How can i stop the fractions from becoming dates when pasted? ie. 1-5/8 becomes 1/5/2008 and 9/16 becomes 16-Sep. Its the hyphen that is causeing the trouble. A fraction in Excel has the form 1 5/8 with a space between the integer and the fractional parts Can you get rid of the hyphen in the Word doc? best wishes Bernard "Jon_C" <JonCCrouch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192110561.240426.147550@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to copy a table containin...

How to programmatically convert a database
Hello all, I have a client that wants to upgrade from Access 97 to 2003 and they need to convert approx 5000 existing db's. Obviously this would be a real pain to do interactively so I'm trying to write a small utility to do automatically. I seem to have it running using the following statement to do the actual conversion : Dim objEngine As JRO.JetEngine Set objEngine = CreateObject("JRO.JetEngine") objEngine.CompactDatabase "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4. 0;Data Source=" & strSourceDB, _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;D...

Converting WDB file to MDB
How do I convert a Mocrosoft Works WDB file to an Access MDB file? I have Access 2003. Bizarre as it sounds, you can't. Try converting to an intermediary format that they both know, like csv or dbf, then importing into Access. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Ray Frost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:148a01c48c3f$6f67fa10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I convert a Mocrosoft Works WDB file to an Access > MDB file? I have Access 2003. What is csv and dbf and how do I convert from wo...

Converting numbers to date format from csv files
I have data submitted as csv files which i have saved as excel spreadsheets. Problem is the dates in the csv file are 20020105 etc, I need to convert these to date format in order for me to calculate between sets of dates. All I get is ###### (it's not a case of the column being too short). Tearing my hair out Hi Select the column and use Data / Text to Columns. One of the dialog box steps allows you to tell Excel that the value is a date - and how it is laid out. I think it's the third box in and it says something like Column Data Format in the top right corner. -- Andy. &q...

Convert Publisher files to PDF or PS for commercial printing? How?
I was interested in an exchange I just read here about converting publisher files to PDF or PS and then taking them to commercial printer. Is there anywhere in the manuals (or help files) that would shed a little more light on that? I do many brochures for various small clients and usually just print them at home using paper direct paper -- probably the MOST expensive, most labor-intensive way to go. But I have never really understood the concept of "pack and go" -- just as I've never really figured out how to use PS fonts on my cheapie HP home printer. Anybody who cou...

Need help converting a multi entity flat file into XML
I have a legacy system that outputs a billing file where each data element has a specific length. The billing file has multiple information 1. Customer billing information 2. Customer shipping information 3. Order information (#, date, totals etc...) 4. Order line items (item#, qty, unit price, line total) Up until item 3 - it is fixed length. Since an order can have one or more line items the overall length of the record will vary. The order line itself will be fixed size that may repeat itself I need help in figuring out how to transform this into XML. I have come across examples of ...

MFC with SAP .net Connector?
I am trying to use the SAP .NET connector with an MFC application. I have used the SAP wizard to generate the C# interface. Everything I expect is in the C# code. When I generate the C++ .h files I only get a bare bones interface. I have done the wizard thing several times and can't find anything else to check. What else do I have to do to get the complete interface in my C++ headers? Thanks Tom G. ...

Error while Converting Publisher 2003 to PDF
I am using Office 2003 (w/SP2 and all updates). When I attempt to convert a document to PDF using Adobe Elements 6.0 by right clicking on the file and selecting "convert to PDF" it starts converting but then I receive the following message: Publisher cannot continue printing because of an error. For more information, press F1. F1 shows no relevent information regarding this problem I am having. However, if I open the publication, choose File > Print > select Adobe PDF as the printer, check "Print to file" and save it as a postscript, I am then able to r...

Asp.net please help!
Hi! I wan't to display data about cpu and disk usage on the web page that runs on my server. I'm using performance counter to do that and ajax timer to update data every second. The problem is that value of cpu usage is alway zero. I try to make WinForm App with the same code for getting cpu usage and it works fine. I don't know where is the problem. Information on my asp.net page iz refreshing every second but values are alway zero. Why? Thnx. ...

how to get .NET 2003 class wizard type stuff to work....
Can someone from MS shed some light on why I can only sometimes use "Add Event handler" and "Add Variable" from the dialog editior? Only 5 of my 25 dialog classes seem show up in the Event Handler Wizard Class list.What must I do to get them all to work with the Event Handler and Add Variable Wizards? Thanks. Craig Klementowski I just noticed that the 5 that work are not in the namespace but the ones that do NOT work are in a namespace. How can I get VC++ to use these dialogs in the wizard from the Dialog Editor? namespace NAME1 { class CMyDialog : public CDialog { //...

How do I convert numerical into words ?
Dear Sir, I am using Excel 2000. In the excel I want to conver my numeric total amount into words. Please help me. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q213360 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Kapil" <Kapil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB89B1A2-55A9-446A-AE37-D2D285E8ED35@microsoft.com... > Dear Sir, > > I am using Excel 2000. In the excel I want to conver my numeric total > amount > into words. Please help me. > See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email addr...

Font Substitution Does Not Convert Permanently
We have a standard set of fonts that are used in our WORD documents company wide. But some of our documents where created before we standardized and removed unwanted fonts from our machine. We are currently updating these documents to remove the unwanted fonts and fix any formating problems that occure. To do this we open the document in WORD and then open the Font Substitution dialog where the missing fonts are listed. We verify and correct if needed the substituted fonts WORD has selected and then click the Convert Permanently... button and WORD does the conversion and ...

Converting Hexadecimal number to floating point decimal number #2
Thanks McGimpsey, the hex number will appear in a single sell say A1 a like 0X00 0X0f 0X7b 0Xa1 0x39. What I need is to automatically conver this hex string into a decimal like 2.4e-5. That is automaticall stripping off the prefixes and convert each segment of the hex string Its not just taking a single hex number -- Fif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fifi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27285 ...

Need Help convert text to actual cell range reference address
hi all I have wrote up a function that returned text string "B1:B18". What function can I use so this text string can be used as an actual cell range reference? Specifically, I want to make =match(C1,[a function that returned "B1:B18"],false) work, so that match can see "B1:B18" as actual cell range B1:B18 On Jun 6, 9:02 am, liang.yu...@gmail.com wrote: > hi all > > I have wrote up a function that returned text string "B1:B18". What > function can I use so this text string can be used as an actual cell > range reference? > > Speci...

Can't convert from 97 to 2002
I have a group of databases that I need to convert from Access 97 to 2002. They are all linked through one main database (it is a job tracking system). I had no problems converting the main database but when I do all the other ones (3 total) I get the following message: The Current User Account Doesn't have Permission to Convert or Enable this database. This message is followed by a whole list of parameters that I must comply with to convert or enable the database like - join the work group, have open/run permissions, read design etc. I know for a fact that all these things wo...

Not-For-Profit Net Asset Management
Is anyone aware of a GP module or a 3rd part app that integrates w/ GP and works as a sub-ledger to track the details of the net assets (e.g. income, distributions, transfers, market value, etc.) for not-for-profits. I saw the Interfund Mgmt module, but it is more for moving money between classifications, but does not look like it deals w/ the details of net assets themselves. I also ran across company called EBSi that said they had something, but it looks like they are out of business. Thanks in advance for your input! Hutch, I worked with assets and portfolio management software ...

vb.net 2008 professional version question
I am basically new to vb.net 2008 working with the professional version. I have a solution to work with that has lots of projects in it with no documentation. I need to determine how this solution works. I know I would look in the properties to see what the startup project is. However after that, I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how to determine how this application works in addition to stepping through code. Can you tell me how I should go about determing how this application works. ...