converting from access 97 to xp using vb front end

I get  an error when I try to run a vb6 program after access 97 has been
converted to xp. The error says run time err 3343 unrecognized database
format.  Is there something I need to set in VB6 to recognize xp>

0
sd

Access 2003 Developer Extensions 06-04-07
It doesn't seem to be available anymore. I can read about VSTO 2005, but get an error if I try to buy it. Is it possible to get this still? I know Access 2007 Developer Extensions are supposed to be free, but they don't seem to have been released yet. Will I be able to package and distribute an application built in Access 2003 with the 2007 Developer Extensions? Jennifer "Toxalot" <toxalot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180969603.769483.240500@q19g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > It doesn't seem to be available anymore. I can read about VSTO 2005, > but g...

how to use XPath function "ms:string-compare" in .NET
Hi, Can anyone point me why the following code is not working for me? Its giving me an error while executing "SelectNodes" ... I have strugled for almost one full day.. I am comaratively new to XSL and XSLT concepts. I appriciate any kind help. Thanks, Bhavin. CODE: ********************************************************************** Private Sub Save() Dim xmldocRoot As New XmlDocument() Dim xmlnodeChildNode As XmlNode Dim xmlnodeAttributeNode As XmlNode xmldocRoot.Load("C:\ACBD.XML") 'Dim xsltcon As Xml.Xsl.XsltContext Dim ns As New XmlNamespaceManager(xml...

Excel VB
I have produced a table, Data, which automatically generates a char using Macro's and VB. However, I am trying to add more rows to increas the size of the chart but unfortunatly, I cannot get the chart range to increase automatically. Something that I would like to do. I have attached the file to hopefully help. By clicking onto the Macro Update, I would like to update the chart even if and when new rows ar added to the table in Data. I think that the problem lies in Name Ranges and I have added '*' t where in the macro I think that the problem is. Is there anyone who can hel...

converting linked cells to their referenced values
I have 2 spread sheets for tracking orders. The orders are entered on the first sheet and appear in the second sheet by cell reference formulas. Eventually when the order is no longer active, I change the reference formula to the value of the referenced cell since it will be deleted from the first sheet. When there are a lot of orders isn't very practical to copy past from one spread sheet to the other. Is there a macro or something that I can use to convert the link formula in a cell to the value of the cell it references? -- quimrider ---------------------------------------------...

Excel template has no pagesetup when opening from VB
Could anybody help me how to get back the pagesetup of a template? I have a VB application to create a workbook from a template. When I launch the from VB, it works fine to get back the pagesetup from the template with: oWorkBook=oExcelApp.WorkBooks.Open (Filename:="myWorkbook.xlt", Edittable:=False) oWorkBook.Sheets(1).PageSetup.LeftHeader containes the defined header from the template But when I launch the compiled EXE oWorkBook.Sheets(1).PageSetup.LeftHeader containes an empty string. Any idea? Thanks for any help! ...

Outlook accessing wrong server for public folders.
Hi all. I have an Exchange 2003 routing group with 4 Exchange servers. I have created public folder replicas on each of the Exchange servers, however, when any Outlook client accesses the Outlook Security Settings public folder (or any other folder?), it always connects to the first Exchange server where the Outlook Security Settings folder was created. I found this by checking the connection status window in Outlook 2003 and noticed that it is connecting to the first server for public folder access. I checked that the default public folder store on each server is set to itself. Th...

Error 1004 using array in Sheet select.
If I select a sheet with its real name: Sheets("Sheet1").Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2")).Select >>>>>- Works fine If I assign the sheet name(s) to a constant Public Const TSGSheet1 = "Sheet1" Public Const TSGSheet2 = "Sheet2" Sheets(TSGSheet1).Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(TSGSheet2).Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(Array(TSGSheet1, TSGSheet2)).Select >>>>>- fails with Error 1004 My macro's/V...

Publisher 2003 will not open Publisher 97 files
I have a system running XP Pro with Office 2003 (including Publisher 2003) installed and just discovered Publisher 2003 will not open any if the publisher 97 files from my old system. I checked MS support and the only reference I found to this problem was that Norton security can interfere with the conversion process.... NO HELP as my current system does not nad has never had Norton installed on the system Does anyone have a solution for this problem? DTC wrote: > I have a system running XP Pro with Office 2003 (including Publisher 2003) > installed and just discovered Publisher ...

Display form from an VB application in Excel
Dear All, I have the following problem with a macro. I hope somebody may help me. Problem: I want to display a VBA form created in an VB application on top of an Excel worksheet to enter some information. But when I show the form after opening the Excel workbook, the macro automatically switches back to the application showing this form (and not on top of the Excel workbook). Code: .... 'Open Excel workbook Set xlS = clsApp.GetApplication("excel.Application") Set xlsWB = xlS.Workbooks.Open(filename) xlS.Visible = True 'Show form on top of that Excel workbook frm.Show vbMod...

How to download & use old product key
I bought my version of Office 2007 in Nov. 2008. New laptop came today. I still have the old product key, but can't access my purchase history on the website. How can I download & install Office 2007 on this new computer with my old product key? I'm ONLY going to be using this new laptop from here on out. Did you keep all the downloaded files on the old laptop? Do you have the original e-mail with the download instructions? Have you tried contacting Digital River? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

using outlookweb access
Hi, i don't know if any one can help me on this. Here it is. I am using microsoft Outlook webaccess to access my e- mail from the office while i am at home. But i also want to be able to browse my company's network at home also, and have access to files and folders,so that i can do work from home. Is this possible. Please resond, this is very urgent. They could set up VPN for you... "Anna" <annam@patnt.com> wrote in message news:04ed01c3a391$ed4a70d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, i don't know if any one can help me on this. Here it > is. I am using micros...

Shared contact list in Outlook XP
I would like to have two separate Outlook profiles each with access to the same contact list (which is being used for an email address book also). The PC is installed standalone and is accessing email servers through the local cable operator. Can/how this be done? You can easily connect to the pst-file of the other profile by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... In addition to that you could create a separate file which just holds a contacts folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 ...

How to replicate Excels' numeric "Accounting" format in Access Rep
How to replicate Excels' numeric "Accounting" format in Access Report client want's Access report to output values in format identical to Excel's numeric "Accounting" format if I try to difine it as such it converts the 'Format' definition to >> \acc"ou"n"ti"n\g and strangely dosen't give the desired result I'm using Office 2003 on Windows 2000 -- Jim Have you tried Currency with 2 decimal places? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom...

Converting variable text strings to numeric
I've imported some word tables into excel, the 'numbers' have spaces instead of commas and consequently are read as text. The 'numbers' vary from single integer to millions For example 1 101 335 293 207 23 113 101 19 While I can use the left, mid and right functions for the millions that formula is unworkable for other numbers. Any ideas, or do I have to get a VB programmer to write a function for me? Hi! Try using Find/Replace Select the range Goto Edit>Replace Find What: enter a space by hitting the space bar Replace With: nothing...

COUNTA function in VB
I can use the COUNTA function successfully within my worksheet to get the desired answer but I am having trouble using it in VB even though the help file says it can be used in macros. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA Phillip This is from an armature but I was having trouble using VLookup in macros and learned here that the syntax is: Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(...... Suspect that is the solution to your problem. Ed "Phillip Topping" <ptopping@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:u6Nf1WfYDHA.1004@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I can use the COUNTA fun...

use of Staionery for replies and forwards
I am using the "stationery" function rather than the "signature" function to put a header and a Sincerely Yours in my outgoing emails. That way the spell checker still functions. Problem is that it doesn't come up in when I reply or forward an email. I would like it to Help please... You cannot have the Stationary to be functioning while you reply o forward to messages. This is because the Stationary tends to be th background and so for a forward or a reply you cannot have tha functionality SudharsonA -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Any idea on what could cause this on XP?
XP (MCE)on a Dell Dimension C521 with just one user. I cleaned up my personal stuff a bit, sending a few files to the recycle bin. I then went to the recycle bin, looked over the list of files to be deleted and gave the command to empty the bin. I got a noise sort of like a drill running and the message: "Cannot delete Dc1: access is denied", with an [OK?] button. I clicked OK and the machine played the standard flush music for clearing the bin, but when the flush stopped the files still showed in the bin. I repeated the command to empty the bin, this time hiliting ...

Outlook Prompts for E-mail Account and Password Even Though "Save Password" Has Been Checked (XP)
The OS is XP Pro. One user, Adminstrator, password login. I can't recall if it's Outlook 2000 or 2003. Multiple e-mail accounts. Every time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the account logins and passwords. He checks the "save password" box and it gets the mail. But the next time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the accountnames and passwords again. Any idea why? Peter, I have had the same problem ever since I upgraded to Outlook 2002. Hope someone has the answer. This also happens on several of my web based email sites. I check the Remember my login and p...

Access product activation page
I have a trial Microsoft Office on my laptop. I have bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 from PC World. The Instruction says to 1.Start Word 2. Locate the Product Key on the back of the Media Holder. 3. Enter the 25 digit Product Key to unlock the software. The missing stage in the process is : How do I access the Product Key activation screen with the box in which to enter the Product Key? I seem to recall that the trial provides the option to change the product key from Word Options > Resources, but as you have bought a full version on disc, it might be wiser ...

convert number format to time format
I have a whole column in which I need to be able to enter a number an it should convert it to the time format. If I enter 100 it shoul convert it to 1:00. Similarly entering 2300 should automatically b converted to 23:00. Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Fullymooned! No need to send the same question to different groups. The answer given in programming was: See: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax...

To unlock the access of my Excel sheet
Hello, I have forgotten the password who locks the access to my Excel sheet. Could somebody explain to me the way to unlock this Excel sheet? Thank you in advance, JeanMickey You can download the free Utiliities program from www.appspro.com/Utilities/Utilities.htm This includes a password breaker by the wizard Bob Bovey. HTH remember, if this helps click Yes Peter "JeanMickey" wrote: > Hello, > > I have forgotten the password who locks the access to my Excel sheet. > Could somebody explain to me the way to unlock this Excel sh...

Opening and Refreshing a Crystal Report from Access
The Access database is not secured. I am trying to hyperlink a Crystal Report - it will open the report, but when I try to refresh the data, it says I have to log in. I am not a developer. I simply want to connect some Crystal Reports to a form in Access for my team's use. Is there an easy way to do this? Carrie L. wrote: > The Access database is not secured. I am trying to hyperlink a Crystal > Report - it will open the report, but when I try to refresh the data, it says > I have to log in. I am not a developer. I simply want to connect some > Crystal Reports t...

Access Accounting Software Needed
Can anyone recommed an accounting software package that has been written in Access. I have be assiged the duty of finding a new accounting software package to replace our old outdated AS400 system, for a very small manufacturning plant. Basically to keep up with sales, inventory and shipping. I need a package that I can get the source code with in order to may modifications as needed. The only thing I can find is a package made by Database Creations. I like the program except for the somewhat outdated screens. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Terry "Terry&quo...

How to use Outlook express
hi, is it possible to set up outlook exp. but not allow it to be the default mail client? i'd like to 'check' the link on a page that says: 'contact' and have that email address come up in outlook exp., then copy/paste the address to my own AT&T mail service but not use outlook express for anything else. as of now, i have outlook exp. disconnected altogether and do not wish to use it other than to open up a link. all responses on this are welcome......... thanx, jim Dear, This is an Outlook News group not Outlook Express - since you asked , here is the info for th...

Call for opinions on Visual Source Safe with Access 2007
I am at a point where I think that a solution like Visual Source Safe may make sense for my mult-developer environment. I did dabble with it back in the late 90's and found that it often resulted in corruption and other issues. (Damned if I can remember any specifics.) In any case, I am looking for any feedback on the current state of this product from actual users. I am expecting migrate to Acc2007 soon and think it might be a good time to put the project under better source control. I am most interested in what limitations and/or problems you may have encountered as users and ...