Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97

I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 =
database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using =
Access XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I =
still wish to distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I =
convert the file from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before =
distribution. The distribution database contains around 50 tables, 8 or =
9 of which are linked to another larger database. The database also =
contains approx. 100 queries.

Unfortunately, this conversion no longer works in Access 2003. The =
original 4 MB Access database is converted to a file containing 196 MB =
of data. Has anybody come across anything like this with Access 2003? =
Does anybody know if there are any workarounds for this bug?=20

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Tim
0
Tim

After further examination, I have determined that the problem is caused =
by Access converting all linked to tables to ordinary tables and =
importing the data.=20

I think I will probably install Access 2000 since there is nothing very =
compelling in Access 2003.

0
anonymous
2/26/2004 7:25:53 PM
Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message
[...]

jixiaoli
4/5/2004 12:39:23 AM
[...]

4/5/2004 12:40:07 AM
Are you seeing the bug that converts linked tables to local tables?
If so, delete the bad tables and re-create the links.

(david)

"jixiaoli" <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message

> Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message
> I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97
> database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access
> XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish
> distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file
> from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution
> database contains around 50 tables, 8 or 9 of which are linked to another
> larger database. The database also contains approx. 100 queries.
>
> Unfortunately, this conversion no longer works in Access 2003. The
original
> 4 MB Access database is converted to a file containing 196 MB of data. Has
> anybody come across anything like this with Access 2003? Does anybody know
> if there are any workarounds for this bug?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

0
david

Document access denied, user does not have access privileges
I'm using Word 2003, XP Media Center Ed. I saved my file, opened and closed it a number of times, each time saving as usual. After completing the document, I saved again and now can't open it, getting this message: Word cannot open the document--user does not have access privileges. Another document I was working on at the same time still opens perfectly. I've been through all the steps to recover mentioned on the MS website to no avail. Can anyone help? -- Beryl Remember, YHWH God is always blessing you. Receive it. Pass it on. ...

Converting
In transfering my money 99 to money 2003 I goofed up in that the file on money 2003 wants to open with notepad. I can open by using "open with" money but then it restores and converts and that annoying. Is there some way I can make this open without conveting etc just by clicking on the short cut icon? -- al The screen that comes up when you right-click, then select "Open With" has a check mark at the bottom to make the program you select the default. -- Michael Gordon MVP "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E6D072F-67C3-412...

Using Excel with Access
Is it possible to have excel update automaticlly if I'm entering data into an offline Access Report. I'd like to be able to enter data into access and have it update my excel report at the same time. Is this Possible? If so How? Thanks -- petevang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400501 ...

Microsoft outlook 2003 and winfax help
Hi, I am trying to set up my outlook so that I can send and email and fax in one operation. I dont know how to send a winfax fax through outlook for that matter. I have tried all these steps listed and still need help/ Can someone tell me how to set faxing up using winfax through outlook 2003. I want it so that I could have a group of people that i could send a fax to and also have an email sent to them. (meaning the same people will receive a fax and email) Please help Thanks Zach These are 2 completely diff operations. You send email through your ISP servers. You send faxes throu...

M; Drive in Exchange 2003
I seemed to have lost my M: drive. How do I get it back? Thanks, Nancy Why do you think you need it? Nancy wrote: > I seemed to have lost my M: drive. How do I get it back? > > Thanks, > Nancy -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com Don't I need it for backing up my Mailboxes? We are using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1. If I don't need it then I won't worry about it. Thanks, Nancy >-----Original Message----- >Why do you think you need it? > >Nancy wrote: > >> I seemed to have lost my M: drive. ...

Excel 97 Validation
I have cell formatted for percent and would like to validate the same cell to enter a whole number between 1 and 100. I want an input to be in whole numbers with the operand and displayed as 85%. The problem is entering a value of 85 yields 8500% due to the format of the operand. I am also using this cell in a formula in another cell. I then changed the validation to decimal between .01 and 1. This works fine except now the input has to be .85 for 85% (Although I discovered it works fine if you do not go out the range at first. You can repeatedly enter whole numbers until a number is ent...

Exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment?
Is there any way to exclude a Domain Admin from having admin rights in an Exchange 2003 environment? I need to be able to make it so they cannot add themselves back in to have control. This is all in a single domain. Seems to me you have a bigger problem on your hands. Sure you can remove the Domain Admins from having permissions in Exchange, but the problem is that you can't stop them from adding their accounts to a group that *does* have permissions, or changing the password on an account that has permissions so that they can grant themselves permissions. To quote Ed Crowley:...

Upgrade to Access 2007 problem
I just upgraded to Access 2007. I opened my Front End database and the Switchboard is blank. I seem to have lost all my custom button links. The database is in 2000-2003 format. Any idea? -- FL Make sure that the Switchboard Items table is there. It's probably in the BE so make sure that the link to it works. I once had a problem with the Switchboard and putting that table in the FE fixed it. However that was a long time before 2007. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "FL" wrote...

Money 97 on Microsoft XP #2
Bob, thanks for answer. I=B4m located in Madrid, Spain. How could I buy Money 2006? Microsoft Europe adviced that is only available on USA. And in any case, after bought and downloaded M2006: It will be possible to import my files created with Money 97? regards , Joe. I can only think of Amazon.com or eBay. However it is virtually impossible to get a file created by a non-US version into a US one. There are some very tedious steps to export and import but you lose so much information it really isn't worth it. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/28.aspx and importantly the Notes at...

an imported text field from Excel displays as an exponential number in Access
I'm trying to import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, and one of the text fields in Excel contains numbers stored as text. In Excel, one of these values displays as: 9782946 But after I import the worksheet into Access, it displays as: 9.78295e+006 It appears that Excel is sending this data to Access as a number, rather than as text. I realize that as far as Excel is concerned I'm storing a number as text, and while it's all well and good that Excel is trying to be so helpful, I would like it to treat the data as text. That's why I formatted...

Check the installed number of CALs in Exchange Enterpr 2003 SP2
Hi, I want to verify the number of CAL/UAL installed currently in the Exchange Enterprize edition server. I have no clue how many initial licenses were installed or came with the server. I want to check what we have and then plan additional purchase according to my needs. I hate to mention that there is no information out anywhere to verify the number of actual UAL on server. My License Logging Service is disabled and MS recommends leaving it that way. DK In news:CAD4058A-E9C7-4B28-A150-745E58870A49@microsoft.com, DKA <DKA@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > I want ...

Outlook 2003 Focus Problem
I've noticed a few other people here with similar problems and I'm wondering if anyone's come up with a solution yet: It used to be that when I awoke Outlook 2003 from its nap in my system tray and typed Alt+3 or clicked the "Contacts" button, the focus used to shift immediately to the right-hand pane whereupon I could begin typing the name of the contact I was seeking and OL would jump to the entry. That no longer happens, however. Now when I maximize OL and select "Contacts", neither left nor right pane is focused. I have to hit F6 once or click with my mous...

Login access is denied
This is rather weird and mostly annoying. I am setting up a new RMS system for two stores. I am working right now on a single register store PC and the only user I have set up has all cashier rights enabled. When I log in to POS , I get a pop-up box that says "Access is denied", yet when I click on OK, the user gets into the program. The same user gets into the Manager program just fine. Any thoughts? After some trial and error, I found that the Access is denied message only comes up when I have Cash drawer 1 enabled in Manager. Very strange. Hi Hafr If you go into SOM...

Folder Bar in Outlook 2003?
In Outlook 2002 (XP), if you clicked on the currently open folder's name, the bar that the folder name was on would turn into a drop-down list of folders. You could then click on any folder in that list and Outlook would open up that folder and automatically close the drop-down list. The Folder List was also available, which remained open until you closed it. In Outlook Express, the bar I am referring to is called the folder bar. I am not sure what it was called in Outlook 2002. In Outlook 2003, we now have the Navigation Pane, which also contains the Folder List. However, there seems to ...

Outlook 2003 and the 3Gb limit
Most PC users don't have this problem but Outlook 2003 crashes when it tries to open PST files on servers/pc with more than 3Gb memory. This would be the case with terminal servers. Microsoft has repaired this problem in +/- mar-2005 for only English, French, German and Italian see KB896253. It is now sep 2005, what about the other languages? Still no fix for Dutch. So my terminal server is still limping on only 3Gb. Does anybody know if there is a hotfix for this problem for the other languages? I think you should contact Product Support directly with your question. -- Bill Rodgers...

New Access User Help
I have been using Excel to create reports for over a year now, and my information and reporting is getting too big. I am going to start to need to use Access. I have never used it before. So I am litterarly starting from scratch. Does anyone have any websites that has some good training for someone who does not know much about Access and can walk someone through how it works and creating reports. I am also hoping that I can import some of my excel work over to access. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. There are lots of great online ressources! Take ...

Suddenly can't access my Money file
Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, etc.). Any clues why this might be? Problem was concurrent with my installing Bit Defender antivirus program, which slowed down machine considerably (more memory on order...). Thanks in advance. <carolannedwyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2b16d09b-9ff7-42b0-b6c3-b87e28080c95@l37g2000vba.googlegroups.com... > Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but > I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, e...

Using "do Visual Basic" from AppleScript to access Office 2004
I am trying to automate word,excel and ppt via Java-Cocoa-AppleScript-VB. The Java application exists already. The objective here is to have the *same* interface access all three apps .... this seems impossible given the inconsistent level of method exposure MS have provided. Using all AppleScript fails because PPT has a very limited set of objects that can be accessed from AS. For this reason I decided to investigate using VB to do the work (yes, even though the mechanism to return values is broken) and use the 'do Visual Basic' command to send it to the app. It does not look lik...

Viewing text 2003 vs. 2007
I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text. When I select a cell I can read all the text in the formula bar. But I sent it to someone with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible. Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text? -- Matt S ask the person to double click on the cell or at the top, widden the area where you see the text. If the text had a control break (alt+enter) then it may have stacked the data and they are looking at only the first line "Matt S" wrote: > I have a 2003 worksheet with ma...

Publisher 2003 and Office 2007
I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. So If I install Standard, will it erase my Publisher 2003? I dont want this to happen, if it will. Is there a way to keep my Publisher 2003 after I install Standard 2007 The installation of Office 2007 shouldn't affect Publisher 2003. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "E R" <E R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7A401A-E059-489A-9D70-E72DB87FF49B@microsoft.com... >I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. > So If I install Stand...

IE Browser crashes when accessing CRM
When accessing the CRM web site from our server, things work fine. When I try to access any of the CRM urls from a client in our domain, the IE browser crashes. Which I find odd. No broken link, it just crashes. Has anyone seen this problem before?? Disable popup blocker or exclude CRM URL from popup blocker list "Neil Greene" <NeilGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12F2E8DD-6E0A-470B-BCDE-1AB02F9D40B0@microsoft.com... > When accessing the CRM web site from our server, things work fine. > > When I try to access any of the CRM urls from a c...

Excel 97 generating email automatically starts Lotus 6. DefaultOK
Hi, An Excel 97 macro generates an email succesfully, with Outlook 2000. Since installing Lotus Notes V6.02 - a minimum requirement - LN kicks off, producing error messages and ultimately fails to send a message. This occurs whether this is an upgrade of Notes or a new install and both with and without a live Notes Account. System default email is Outlook, in IE and in the registry X Still no idea how to compat these two programs and I would greatly appreciate any productive advice, but an alternative... Upgrade to Excel 2000 and use Notes V6.5 - worked fine with me - possibly even 6.02,...

converting text to columns
I have a column of dates that have been imported from a CSV file. The format is month year (209, 1112, 1211, etc.). I need to separate the month and year into separate columns using "converting text to columns." However, because some of the numbers are only 3 digits, I can't separate using fix width and it is not delimited. In excel, the column is right justified, but when using the separating tool, it looks left justified. Help. After importing (in Col A) use this in B1 to get the month =MID(A1,1,LEN(A1)-2) and this in C1 to get the year =Right(A1,2) "Linda (Irwi...

use NTBackup to backup information store 2003
Hi, Anyone can help me to solve using NTbackup schedule to backup Exchange 2003 information store? NTbackup can backup information store from manual start, but it can't run on tasks schedule. thank you piu Works for me, what problem are you having? You can't backup the IS at the same time as any other Shadow Copy Backup, unless all of your exchange files are on spearate volumes from the system volume. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Anyone can help me to solve using NTbackup schedule to >backup Exchange 2...

Getting Excel's charting capabilities from Access
Hi, i currently export from Access to Excel in order to leverage Excel's advanced charting features. Is there a way to generate those Excel charts directly from Access? thx vince In Access, you could use the TransferSpreadsheet method to send the data to Excel. Then, in your Excel workbook, you could use Workbook_Open code to create the chart as the file is opened. vince wrote: > Hi, > i currently export from Access to Excel in order to leverage Excel's > advanced charting features. > > Is there a way to generate those Excel charts directly from Access? > &...