Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 10-14-05

This is my first conversion.  Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and safest
way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to
Access 2003?

You can try opening A2003, and before opening any database, choose:
    Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database.

If you run into problems, see:
    Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.

"Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is my first conversion.  Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and
> safest
> way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to
> Access 2003?

0
Allen

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

Workflow Manager 10-16-03
Hi all, I have the same problem as discussed here. But no solution suggested here was successfully :-( I've played with the rights of the workflow service, and so on. Alwyas the same error: "You do not have sufficient rights ...". Any other ideas? Ralf. there is a fix for this - https://www.greatplains.com/customersource/support/downloads/hotfixes/tk29313hotfix.htm "Ralf Eisele" <ralf@extension.net> wrote in message news:uLrQ%2349kDHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have the same problem as discussed here. But no solution suggested he...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Count problems[Excel 97]
Hi there, I did a search on the forum to find an answer to my question but didn' find anything. Here is my prob : Lets say I got this page-> ___a___b_____c__d__ 1 Name Type Job bla 2 Name Type Job bla 3 Name Type Job bla 4 Name Type Job bla 5 Name Type Job bob I want a Cell to write how many row I got( 5 in this exemple) and onl count the cells with bla in the D column(4 in this exemple). Sorry if I'm not really clear but if you can help me feel free t answer :) thx, Tulkas -- Tulka -----------------------------------------------------------...

autocomplete (like Access)
Hi, I'm trying to restrict the entry of data into cells based on values in a list. What I need is similar to Data Validation but I want Excel to complete the entry after the user has entered just the first character. For example, In Microsoft Access, when creating a new table in Design view, first you enter the field name, then tab across to Data Type. Entering a "c" and then tab automatically enters "Currency" as the data type. Similar for "d", DateTime; "t", Text etc. So, in Excel, if I have a list, say, New York, London, Sydney, Tokyo. Typi...

Outlook 2003 #224
When I print from Outlook I get the following screen: A dialog box opens and says An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg All other applications work. Bob 5132361210 ...

Outlook 2003 hyperlinking error
Have just installed Outlook 2003, when I click on a html link within an email it opens my default web browser however the link appears in the browser with these additional symbols which stop the requested site from loading eg: http://%1%20http://www.microsoft.com Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Its driving me nuts. ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

How do I convert time (hh:mm) to value ($$) in Excel?
Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =3.5*60*100 "ahfen79" wrote: > Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per > minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I > apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =(3.5/24)*60*100 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ahfen79" <ahfen79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Access 2007 Runtime 10-30-07
1. Can I distribute Accees 2003 applications using Access 2007 runtime? 2. Do I also need the runtime extensions? 3. Will installing the Access 2007 runtime and extensions affect my current Access 2003 (full version) software, already installed? ...

Custom Menus in Access 2007
I know in VB 6 you can create custom pop-up menu. Is there a way to do this in Access 2007? Active X? DLL? Hidden command that I can't find? Any tutorials or direction? Any help or direction that anyone can provide would be appreciated. In earlier versions, called "shortcut" menus. Right click on menu bar, select customise, show "shortcut menus" tollbar, select "custom". don't know if that tollbar has changed in 2007. (david) "Jerry Sheldon" <JerrySheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7431915F-33FF-4534-B5B4-C5E6F...

Combo Box 02-10-08
I have a combo box in a form, it draws it's information from a table with two fields description and price. I can bind either one to a field (control source) in my form, but I wish to bind both fields i.e. when it puts the description into say field one I want the price to go into field two simultaneously. Merv R Merv, In the after update event of the combo Me.TheControlName = Me.TheComboName.Column(1) for the second field. Jeanette Cunningham "Merv R" <Merv R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84FC139D-83D8-46AA-87E6-A5655F50A744@microsoft.com... &...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

What program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in outlook?
I have one user (Vista Business, Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003) who has today started to see a pop-up from Outlook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date." Anti-virus (McAfee) is up todate, and I'm doing a scan now and afterwards will do a separate scan for malware. This user tells me that he hasn't knowingly installed anything recently. My question is: is there any way to determine what the program is which is try...

Import Customer Records
I am trying to import customer records and I am running into the following error: DOC 1 ERROR: Are you sure you want to delete this customer record? Ln 810 Col 2, Update module, Last CBOM field read was root.'Customer ID', Last window field visited was 'Clear Button' of window 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' of form 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' Any ideas? Thanks! Are you on the latest integration manager service pack? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at h...

HTML view with outlook and pocket pc 2003
When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages are displayed only in text format not in HTML format, i can't see the images in the email, I only see lines or dashes. Check with microsoft.public.pocketpc for help with PPC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mike Mikhail <smikhail@socal.rr.com> asked: | When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages | are d...

Can I use oulook from home and have access at work?
When I set up my outlook I lose all my inbox messages online and would not be able to read my email from work. Is there a way to have my inbox available on outlook and remain online? Just to clarify, are you asking how to set up Outlook at home to receive email from work? If that's your question, you need to ask your IT Admin or Exchange Admin if you can use OWA and how that's done. That wouldn't have email coming into your Outlook account but it is a form of Outlook, Outlook Web Access. This may or may not be allowed. Your IT staff would of course have all kinds of securi...

Outlook 2003 Reply Signature
When replying or forwarding an e-mail, the typed text follows the settings I have set in Tools> Options> Mail Format> Fonts, however the signature picks up the font from the senders e-mail. I have edited and saved the signature several times, but for some reason I cannot get it to provide a fixed font. The style is "Normal" which for my computer is set to Times New Roman, however, when responding, it converts to whatever the normal style was in the senders e-mail. This happens for all mail I respond to, even ones that I originated and were sent back to me....

Access 2003 and Sharepoint
My company is moving most of our files into Sharepoint -- however, it seems no one could explain how Sharepoint is going to affect our current Access database. Can someone please enlighten me regarding Sharepoint and how it will benefit us if our Access database is stored in it? Will it make accessing the database faster through our network? Right-now our database is stored in a network drive and depending on where we are located from the server -- it may take long to accesst the data. Or any sites that will help explain the process of Sharepoint. Thank you, Sharon You cannot store your A...