Convert to Barcode

Does Access have the capability to convert a alpha-numeric
field to a standard barcode?
0
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/barcode.htm for information and
links.

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:22:33 -0700, "Bruce Goodell"

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.
0
John

Converting a dialog based app to - -
I am still stuck using VC6 on Win98. I have created a MFC Dialog app, but I keep having the thought that it should not have been dialog based. But it doesn't necessarily fit the document view concept either. My app has a single very simple window (no caption, no menubar, no toolbar, no status bar, no controls). It is a "view" with only a sizing border and a right-click popup menu. There is a separate non- modal dialog "control panel". What other options are applicable for me? What will I run into that is not done for me, if I use "Win32 Application"? How mu...

convert Unix Timestamp to Access 2003 date

Converting to Oulook
We recently had a major computer crash and had to reload Microsoft XP media. I'm using an internet provider for email but want to convert back to using Office Outlook. It's been a couple of years since I did that. Sooo - no I ned some guidance. -- vicki your internet provider should have the settings necessary to use outlook, server names, etc. "vicki100" wrote: > We recently had a major computer crash and had to reload Microsoft > XP media. I'm using an internet provider for email but want to convert back > to using Office Outlook. It...

Convert Text files to Excel
HI, I got a large text files contain the address information. How can I convert to the Excel file. Here's my samples of the text file. AAA XXXX STORES LTD. 1370 SONY PLACE Sanigo, CANADA R3C 3C3 When I convert to excel. It only import the file to only one column. I want to convert it to each line from text to each column in Excel. Any help would be very appreciated If all the data begins in row 1, and all addresses consist of 4 rows, you could put this formula in B1: =OFFSET($A$1,(ROW()-1)*4+COLUMN()-2,0). Copy that across through E1. You should see the first record in...

Converting to PDF: Hyperlinks
I've noticed that when I convert my spreadsheet (whose cells contai hyperlinks) to PDF using Acrobat Pro 6.0, the PDF will not retain thos hyperlinks. However, links attached to images on the spreadsheet see to be there. Is there a way to get all my links working properly? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just tried this and if I try to print to Acrobat using either th Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter the link doesn't work but if I use th 'Convert to Adobe PDF' button on the Excel toolbar it works. I'm using Acrobat 5 so I would imagi...

How do I convert numbers stored as text with spaces to numbers
I imported data into excel but the format for the numbers is in the form of text with spaces eg 1000000 entered as 1 000 000, 00. execl cannot read the numbers and I would like to convert. Hi! Use a helper cell: A1 = 1 000 000, 00 B1 = Formula: =--SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""),",",".") Removes the spaces and converts the comma to a decimal point. Biff "Baffuor" <Baffuor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F26328C-2026-472A-A7A8-0120B616D2B8@microsoft.com... >I imported data into excel but the format for the n...

convert to capital letters
I need a code that will search a range (say, A1:A10) and convert everything in that range to all caps? -- Thanks Shawn Try Sub Macro() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Range("A1:A10") If Not cell.HasFormula Then cell.Value = UCase(cell.Value) Next End Sub -- Jacob "Shawn" wrote: > I need a code that will search a range (say, A1:A10) and convert everything > in that range to all caps? > -- > Thanks > Shawn Jacob Many thanks Your code works great "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Try > > Sub Macro() &g...

converting rows to comma delimited list
Hello, Is there a way to take a ton of rows of an id in the first column, an output them into a comma delimited list so I can load them into a SQ query and search on them? Once I saw someone do this with the concatenate function but I can' remember how it was done. If I could just add a comma on the end o every instance of the id, I'd be solved. Thanks, :) :) Pete -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com any help? I've got 3000+ rows and just one column, an id field. All I need to do is throw a comma in after every id. That way I can copy the whole column and pa...

Virtualize GreatPlains with VMWare Converter
Hi, We have Great Plains version 9 running on Windows 2003 on a physical server. The data is stored on a MSDE running on the same physical server I want to Virtualize this server using Vmware converter 4 Do I need to force users to log off when I run the converter or can I run during the day? Thanks You'll have to do the convert with everyone off to ensure the database is consistant. You don't want half a transation posted or writtent to database. On Sep 15, 9:16=A0am, biren <bi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > We have Great Plains version 9 runni...

error C2665: 'DDX_Text' : none of the 12 overloads can convert parameter 3 from type 'unsigned short [21]'
I'm copying the following code from Ivan Horton's "Introduction to Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition" into the DBSample application #define DDX_FIXED_LENGTH_TEXT(pDX,IDC,arr) DDX_Text(pDX,IDC,arr,sizeof(arr)/sizeof(arr[0])); DDV_MaxChars(pDX,arr,(sizeof(arr)/sizeof(arr[0]))-1) I get an error at this line DDX_FIXED_LENGTH_TEXT(pDX, IDC_PRODUCTNAME, m_pSet->m_ProductName) // m_pSet->m_ProductName is type "wchar_t" from the Wizard error C2665: 'DDX_Text' : none of the 12 overloads can convert parameter 3 from type 'unsigned short [21] ...

Converting Excel to PDF
Hi there, I was hoping someone could help me...I have adobe & Microsoft office installed on my computer and I'm trying to set up adobe so that when I go and select print from the file menu in excel/word I can select adobe and then the document is converted to a pdf. However I do not know how to set up adobe so that it is one of my priting options - can anyone help me with this??! I look forward to hearing from someone who can help!! Cheers, Mel Do you have Acrobat or Acrobat Reader? Acrobat Reader only enables you to read pdf files. AFAICR when you install the full Acrobat produ...

I need to convert name 3 part name into Last, First MiddleNameorMI
I have a column of names, most of which are FirstName LastName in format. Some, however are First MiddleName (or MI) Last. I need to convert these values into LastName Firstname MI. I have a formula that gets close, but doesn't account for the possible presence of a Middle Name or initial. For ex, data could be Jill Smith, or Jo Ann Smith. I need to make Smith, Jill and Smith, Jo Ann. Seems like I need to go backwards thru the string with a Search function to find the 2nd space for this to work, but can't. Or should I try it by parsing consecutive columns with incremental chan...

Convert Paradox to Access
Hi I need some information on converting an existing Paradox database/app (version ??) into Access 2000/XP. I know nothing about Paradox, but do about Access. From what I have found, migrating the data into Access seems like it should be easy enough. My question relates to other aspects of Paradox, such as queries, and macros or code or triggers. Does Paradox contain all these items? Can these be migrated into Access easily, or are there programs out there which help? Are there any aspects to watch out for? Is there an 'easy' migration tool or something which basically co...

Converting Dates between Gregorian to Afghani Calendar
Hello, I need your help in creating a calendar that converts the dates fro Gregorian Calendar to Afghani Calendar. Afghani Calendar is sola calendar which mean it has 365 days. It is not Lunar Calendar. So yea 2006 = 1385 afghani calendar. So this mean that G= A + 621 and A= G 621. The problem I have is converting the months and days. The new year fo Afghani Calendar is march 20 or 21 (depends on which day is the firs day of spring). So the new year 1/1/2006 is 3/20/1385. I would like to create a excel file that does this conversion and a well show the month and days graphically. :rol...

How to convert attributes to element

Convert to word / excel
in access 03, i could run a report then export it to word or excel, however i cannot seem to be able to do it with access 07, HELP!! -- Lois On the ribbon, select the External Data tab. There is an Excel icon on the Export group. "Lois" wrote: > in access 03, i could run a report then export it to word or excel, however i > cannot seem to be able to do it with access 07, HELP!! > -- > Lois ...

convert equation to formula
Is there anyway to take an equation written in Equation editor and convert it to an Excel formula? You'll have to do that manually. And it is very interesting work. :) "DW in SF" <DW in SF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FC66A71-338C-40CC-9B9C-32176388F3AF@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway to take an equation written in Equation editor and convert > it > to an Excel formula? I just Used the Equation Editor to record a Chemical Equation so I doubt that the editor can do this. However there is a "MATHFORMAT" that might do some ...

convert currency to string
AMOUNT: CStr([Amazon POs]![Cost]*[Amazon POs]![QtyConfirmed]) How do I convert $45.50 to "45.50" ...? No matter what I do I keep dropping the zero to "45.5" thanks! Hello. "shank" > AMOUNT: CStr([Amazon POs]![Cost]*[Amazon POs]![QtyConfirmed]) > > How do I convert $45.50 to "45.50" ...? > No matter what I do I keep dropping the zero to "45.5" AMOUNT: Format([Amazon POs]![Cost]*[Amazon POs]![QtyConfirmed],"0.00") -- Regards, Wolfgang ...

A short code to convert PPT to JPG files?
Hi, all: I know this should not be hard as we had done it before, but I was searching for some of the books that I have and Web sites only that I can't find the code sample. Could anyone please give me some pointers (like books or Web sites or please post it here) for a short code sample to convert PPT file into JPG/JPEG files (one JPG image per slide) jusing VC or MFC? Or even better, maybe there is an open-source solution for this? We are trying to write an add-on to slice PPT files into JPG files and then the next step is to integrate our streaming video with these JPG files with SMIL ...

Error on TransferText when converting Access 97 to Access Xp
The instruction TransferText is use to create a file from a table. This program works very well (many years) on access 97. Afer the convertion to access xp I have the error : "Cannot update .." I went to Newsgroups and see that for security reason MS oblige me to change my file extension .doc to a file extension .txt. So now, I use a text file and I have always on the TransferText instruction the error : "The insert into statement contains ...unknow field name" What can I do to resolve this convertion problem ? Thank you for advance for your answers. ...

HOW TO CONVERT DD-MM-YY to YYYYMMDD IN ACCESS DATABASE?
HI I have a project where i need to compare two sets of databases and see where they match up or not. I one of the databases is using DD-MM-YY data standard format, while the other is using the YYYYMMDD. I need to convert DD-MM-YY data into the YYYYMMDD string, so that i can link the two databases together. I have search the net for help, but yet to see how to do that in SQL/ACCESS. I figured that first i would convert the DD-MM-YY (ex. 09-Jun-06) into DD/MM/YYYY, and than convert it to YYYMMDD. That’s my theory. Perhaps there is a simpler way to do this. I'm a very new to Access/SQL s...

converting text to numbers
I would like to convert text to numbers. I have a filed 123 that is text and I would like to convert it into numbers. /Tinnen Hi Tinnen Copy a empty cell Select your range and right click on it Choose pastespecial.. And select Add Ok -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Tinnen" <magnus_annchatrine@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:19a401c38289$6c46de20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to convert text to numbers. > > I have a filed 123 that is text and I would like to > convert it into numbers. > > /Tinnen ...

convert from excel to adobe
Hello - I tried to convert from Excel to adobe and it ended up with black background and no words. I tested to convert from MS Word and webpage to adobe - no problem. I suspected that it had to do with the Excel setting for Adobe conversion. Where can I fix the setting in Excel to make it normal to convert it into adobe? I saw "change conversion setting" under Adobe on the menu in Excel application but i don't know which one is the problem in the setting. Thanks, Krae ...

How to use Workflow Manager to convert email into lead
Hello, I would like to set up a process by which emails that come into a certain queue are then automatically used to create a Lead record (ideally using some of the information from the email address to provide first name / last name). Is this possible? JM You have to create a custom workflow assembly for this which calls the Crm Web Service to convert to mail to a lead -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "JM" wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to set up a process by which emails that come into a certain > queue are then au...

convert
Is it possible to convert an excel file into a word file? new wrote: > Is it possible to convert an excel file into a word file? You can imbed an excel file into a word document, otherwise no not as such. You could save the Excel file as text and then open in Word. Why would you want to? Excel is not a word processor and Word is not a spreadsheet application. -- Registered Linux User no 240308 Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and counting!) gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk to email me remove the obvious! ...