Conversion from 2000 to 97 causes permission problem

For years I have been maintaining a 2000 database then
converting it to a 97 database, which requires a minor code
change.  I have a number of applications that access the
database in an unsecured way.  (They create a DSN on the
fly with no "system database".)  The conversion warns that
security settings are lost, but this has never been an issue.
Suddenly, none of the applications can access any tables;
they get read permission errors.  Our IT dept. has pushed a
lot of patches to our Windows 2000 machines lately, but
even on an old NT machine, I see the same behavior.
Manually setting all user group permissions does nothing.
Any ideas?
Please send them to dorenstein@elsi.com.  Thanks.  P.S.
The 2000 database works fine.
0
dorenstein

There were some permissions I missed setting.  The mystery
remains:  why did this behavior just start occurring?

0
dorenstein

re: Windows mail problem
Rec'd the following msg when I tried to log into my acct Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 Any suggestions? seems we're all having the same problem. keeps asking me to sign in (never did before) and then I get the same error message. HELP!! "marcie" wrote: > Rec'd the following msg when I tried to log into my acct > > Account: 'mail.optonline.net...

VLOOKUP/OFFSET Problem
Hi all Have a huge worksheet and loads of dates and data. It is regardin stockmarkets and trading for my thesis. I am looking up dates an returning a value using a VLOOKUP formul =VLOOKUP(S2;LAIS2!$A$3:$G$438;7;FALSE) and it is working like i should. I am trying to find out trading dates before and after the value th VLOOKUP returns. I thought of using a OFFSET formula but that does no seem to work with the VLOOKUP. Does anyone understand what I am trying to do and able to help me? Regards, Vilhel -- XavierXX ----------------------------------------------------------------------- XavierXXX...

PLEASE HELP! WMM to DVD problem
Hi All, First let me apologize for not having the time to make a formal introduction post but I have been pulling my hair out here trying to take what is a nice and clear 30 minute video in WMM and transfer it to DVD with custom menu and such. I am using Winodws Vista on a Sony Vaio laptop. Now the film as I see it in WMM is nice and clear and the sound is nice and stereo-sounding. It is an .avi in the timeline and is only one large file that is already edited. As I said, it looks clear and sounds clear in the preview pane. Now I have ripped through an entire 50 pack of blank ...

does office 97 produce Genograms
hi can any tell me if 97 has templates for genograms Genograms aren't too tough to construct. Time and patience is basically all you need. A nice example is here: http://www.genopro.com/genogram/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Gordon" <gordon.alsopp@ntlworld.com[gandalf]> wrote in message news:C213D7E3-432B-48E4-97AF-0947A7482C4E@microsoft.com... > hi can any tell me if 97 has templates for genograms ...

ID / IDREFS problem MSXML vs. System.XML
Hi all. Does id() xpath function work in System.XML? I have built dtd, schema, xdr for a simple xml which includes attributes definded as ID and IDREFS. Validation is occurring properly for all the types of metadata, but the id() function applied to the IDREFS attribute allways returns nothing. I have tried it from xslt and using the XmlNode.selectnodes or XPathNavigator.Select nada zilch The same code works using MSXML 3.0 and 4.0 class COM objects. I am getting to the point of wanting to import them into .Net ( I know it is not supposed to work that way but the code works.) I have also...

Mailbox problem
We were having a problem with OL97 and before we reinstalled OL we archived and exported to a backup PST file. Restore went okay and everything came back in to OL. All our addresses are in the contact list with no problem. But nothing is in the address book. What happened? How can we move the info we have in our contact list to the address book? Thx Ted Try adding the Outlook Address Book service in Tools | Services. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***...

Outlook 2000 ZIP problem
When I attach a file in Outlook 2000 (could be .doc file) and send the mail Outlook automatic sends the attachment as a zipfile ???? Does someone know why??? You have an addin that zips the file. (Quickview+ and ZipOut are two programs that I am aware of that does this.) "Kolding" <lostinmix@gammelmorfar.DK> wrote in message news:0afc01c355c2$e6da7a00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I attach a file in Outlook 2000 (could be .doc file) > and send the mail Outlook automatic sends the attachment > as a zipfile ???? Does someone know why??? You are a GOD , she had just ...

Re-install Money 2000
After a dammage to my disk, I re-install Money 2000. My backup was protected by password. When I restore my backup, I have this message : "You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. This file cannot be opened with this version of Money." Why??? My guess is that either your locale or file is a French one. See this: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/98.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Micr...

Re: Problem with backup
I need help with this as well On 23 Jan 2010 14:29:18 GMT, mark.aoyagi <mark.aoyagi@gmail.com> wrote: > I need help with this as well Since you've quoted nothing, and since many of us don't save already-read messages, I have no idea what you need help with. Please state it. -- Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003 Please Reply to the Newsgroup "mark.aoyagi" <mark.aoyagi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2JD6n.4325$Kf5.2060@news.usenetserver.com... > I need help with this as well With what???? This is al...

Public Folder Problem #4
We have a public folder set up on our Exchange 5.5 server that handles all of our web requests off of our website. There are a few users who go through these emails and either delete them because they are garbage or forward them to the appropriate user who needs to see the email. The problem lies in the fact that when an email from this public folder is forwarded or repied to, you do not get the normal mail icon that shows that the email was forwarded or replied to. Also, many of the email come in as read even though they were not. This applies to using a preview pane and also not us...

outlook 2000 and 2003 #2
We are having issues with sending emails from outlook 2003 to outlook 2000. if the email is of any considerable length...when it is sent from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 the email will not display the full content of the message...any ideas? If i send the same email from my hotmail or another outlook 2000 client to another outlook 2000 client it will dispaly just fine...any help would be greatly appreciated Paul ...

NT vs. 2000
Every time my co-worker uses Word as his e-mail editor and tries to attach a hyperlink to a message, the link doesn't work for the reciever of the message. The link is supposed to go to a file on a shared drive. What's the deal? I have NT and it works fine. Is there an option control that we are missing? ...

Outlook 2000 slow and locks up
I've been using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP for some time. Recently, for no reason I can discern, it became excessively slow and / or locks up. It's slow to open up. Emails show right away in the preview pane but make take several minutes to open up if I click on them. Or the program may lock up when I try to open an email. Similar problems with trying to create a new email. I've tried the repair option in Outlook. I've installed all updates from Microsoft. I've uninstalled Outlook, removed pst files and reinstalled in fresh and it still behaves the same way. I'...

2000 versions compatible with Office 2007
We have a few access databases that when opened say they are the "Access 2000 file format". Most of the users are using Office 2003 and maybe 1 or 2 with Office XP. I would like to install Office 2007 on my system. I am the one that goes in and makes changes to the databases when needed. My question is after I install Office 2007 will I still be able to do this and everyone else will still be able to use the databases after I have opened and made changes to them with Office 2007? Thanks, Chad Yes: they are backwards compatible. Access 2007 can natively work with mdb file...

bringing a Publisher 2000 file into 2003
I brought in a file created in Publisher 2000 and the charts (pie, bar, etc.) now have values that are printing on top of each other, stretch as if justified (they aren't), and just look different. Same printer, font, size as before. Tried inserting as picture, same results. What do I need to do to get them looking like they were in 2000? I'm sure there is an explanation but I can't find it in help. Thanks in advance for any and all help. How large is the file? Can you send it to me so I can take a look? Is the text wrapping correctly? Select a picture, right-click, format p...

Access 2007 cant open an immediate window with a 2000 mdb
The local 2007 access machine i have can open the mdb modules and immediate window. However on a client site the same mdb will not open with their version of access 2007. Its not a user name issue we checked that and i installed all the vb6 stuff on the client site and still nothing. the odd thing is if you have the 2000 mde on the client site you can open an immediate window. So its just the mdb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:04:11 -0800 (PST), Tenrosei <tjmaxwelliv@gmail.com> wrote: >The local 2007 access machine i have can open the mdb mo...

Permissions set on Word files differ from other permissions
We have a peer-to-peer network in Windows XP Pro. On ONE of our computers, Word documents do not get the same permissions for sharing that all other files get, or that all files on all other computers get. As a result, we can't copy Word files from this one computer. That computer is set to give "Everyone" "Full Control"; yet the individual Word files keep getting set to NOT give "Everyone" "Full Control". Why would Word override the other security settings, and how can I make it stop? ...

problems with the .bsc file
Hi, I have a project that has a strange behavior. I turned on both options "generate browse info" and "build browse info file" for this project. If I hit the F12 key for "Go to definition" over a variable, I get a dialog box telling me that "Browse information is not available for this project. Do you want your build setting altered (if necessary) and your project rebuilt to generate browse info?". After hitting "yes", sometimes another dialog box says "the project's .bsc ... cannot open file. File not found". And it ...

IF Function Problem
Hello All, I am using Office XP and have the following problem I have a worksheet which uses lookup to extract names from range name Codes as follows Col O=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D2,CODES,6,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP(D2,CODES,6,FALSE))) I wish to add another IF condition to the above formula to test that: If Col D2 = EGSP AND Col A = date greater than or equal to 15-Nov-2005 then it should display the name as 'Jack' otherwise 'James'. All other values should remain unchanged Thanks a lot Rashid =IF(D2="EGSP",IF(A2>=--"2005-11-15","Jack",&q...

Problem With Mny 2003
Hi all, Ever since I switched over to Mny 03, I have noticed that when I click on "common withdrawals" and then click on the next upcoming bill(s) list. The date is always stuck on the original date when the recurring bill was made in "bills & deposits"?! I never had this problem with Mny 01. Has anybody else ever had this problem before? Regards Any ideas on how to fix this? "Rusty Fender" <rfender2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23uJKXzTBGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... | Hi all, | | Ever since I switched over to Mny 03, I have...

Vlookup Problem #13
I'm trying to perform this VLookup =VLOOKUP(A2,[Updated Jan12 Daily D.xls]Daily_D___Bob!$1:$65536,15, FALSE) Excel doesn't like the workbook having spaces in the name it keeps trying to correct it to: =VLOOKUP(A2,[UpdatedJan12DailyD.xls]Daily_D___Bob!1:65536,15,FALSE) but that isn't a valid file name. What can I do instead to make this work? Cheers, Jason Lepack I don't like to build the formula myself. I let excel do it. With both workbooks open, I start typing the formula: =vlookup(a2, Then I click on window to activate the other workbook. Then I select the worksh...

Full text indexer problem
We use an Exchange 2003 sp1 with windows Sever 2003. Because of an error we had to delete the full-text index and tried to recreate it using ESM. But it doesn't help. Further we tried to manually delete your full-text indexes including registry entries but we get the same error. Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Search Event ID: 9000 The Microsoft Search service is unable to open the Jet property store. The indexer failed to update or access its database because sessions are unavailable. Increase the system resource usage setting for the Search service. If needed, stop and re...

Excel sheet problems
I am having a problem in excel where it will not show negative figure in brackets...even when I go to format cell, and number the option i not there to choose brackets. The excel package I am using is a part of Office 2000 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like: Format/Cells/Number/Custom #,##0_);(#,##0);0_);@ or #,##0.00_);(#,##0.00);0.00_);@ etc. In article <neilangelo.1c17gb@excelforum-nospam.com>, neilangelo <<neilangelo.1c17gb@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > I am having a problem in excel where it will not show negati...

Time problem, Auto calculation???
Hello all, I'm trying to create my own time sheet. Inputing 24 hr time format works just fine. Format is subtract morning(start) from afternoon(end). yeilds the correct results. Problem, I'd like to input standard 12 hr time. I can't get this to work correctly. Is there a formula to convert 12hr time to 24hr time? TIA Frantic3D Hi! Not sure what you're asking.... If you want the result to be a decimal value 8 vs 8:00 =(your_formula)*24 Biff "Frantic3d" <thuffner3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Xns9684E3281978CFrantic3d@65.24.3.143... > Hello al...

serious problems related to DLL and ODBC
I have some problem with VC++ code. I have created a DLL having a database class having connection pointer and recordset pointer. And I have created Databse class (using ODBC) object into dllApp Class to make it use like global object. But when i call my dll and debug my dll i got exception at database class destructor (while exiting fron DLL because this destructor is called during the dll exitpoint). //Databse.cpp Datbase::~Database { newDSNptr=NULL; //_ConnectionPtr newRECptr=NULL; //_RecordsetPtr ====>>>> Throws exception ::CoUninitialize(); } Datbase:...