Conversion asks for password

I have an Access 97 .mdb file that works perfectly with an application.
I converted the Access 97 file to the latest Access 2003 SP2 version.
Why - because Access will not allow me to work on the DB within Access
unless I convert it.  This is stupid!
I just used tools and did a conversion.
This went OK.
Then I tried to use the converted .mdb file with the same application and I
get a popup window that asked for a password.
What password?  I tried my Window Logon password - it failed.
No password was ever involved before.

If you converted the database you should still have the old 97 database.

Whatever you did when you converted it, something added a password to the
2003 database.

Here is what I suggest: Open access 2003. Click on  Tools/Database
Utilities/Convert...

Select the 97 database and convert it again.

The reason you cannot change the design of a 97 database in 2003 without
first converting it is that the 2 file versions are not the same. If you
changed something using 2003, the change would break the 97 file.
--
Bill Mosca

"Lorin" wrote:

> I have an Access 97 .mdb file that works perfectly with an application.
> I converted the Access 97 file to the latest Access 2003 SP2 version.
> Why - because Access will not allow me to work on the DB within Access
> unless I convert it.  This is stupid!
> I just used tools and did a conversion.
> This went OK.
> Then I tried to use the converted .mdb file with the same application and I
> get a popup window that asked for a password.
> What password?  I tried my Window Logon password - it failed.
> No password was ever involved before.

Forgot password for outlook Express
I recently tried to add an identity to my outlook express so I could retrieve my husbands email from my account without switching users. Apparently I created a password for my account when I first got my computer because when I tried to go back into my identity it asked me for my password. I had to do a system restore so that I could get back into my identity but I still have this problem of having a password on my account. So I cannot create any other identities in my mailbox. Is there any way to get rid of that password without knowing what it is? If you can help me PLEASE respond...

Password Field Length
I am trying to Synch Microsoft Money 2004 with BrownCo, but the password field only allows up to 8 characters. According to the FAQ on BrownCo... Do I need a separate password, User ID or PIN to download my data? No. To download your account data, you will use your current BrownCo User ID and password when you access your account from either Quicken or Microsoft Money. So is there a way for me to manually edit the password size that Money will allow for my BrownCo account? How do I tell if this is a Money issue or a BrownCo issue? In microsoft.public.money, Haacked wrote: >I am tryin...

Password error
Hi, trying to open an Excel 2002 file. forgot the password. I used the Microsoft Advance Cryptographic provider. Can anyone give me a clue,,,,what to do??? ...

Date conversion issue "^" symbol
I receive a weekly file from a tool that sometimes throws a "^" character in front of date. This symbol seems to be throwing excel off and I am unable to convert the date into number format. Excel treats the cells that begin with "^" as text. Oddly enough in another part of the workbook I use the IF function to compare the start date and end date of a project. Although I am unable to convert the dates to number format the formula works. Has anyone run into issues with the "^" character preceding a date? And if so, how do I fix? Just a guess as...

Password/Latest Ver Prob
Hi, w/ a search & links to public FAQ, I think I know my prob. I downloaded the trial ver. of Money 04. I then bought an oem ver off ebay. The oem ver will not let me see the trial ver data - that's mine. Anyways, I am a lic. reg. user now. Can I get the latest ver. or some other work around to get access to my data. The pass. excuse is just letting me know I have too many ver. of ms money around. I can't get help on MS w/o paying the $35. Is that the solution? Or,is there a way to tell who the manuf. is w/ the oem #s? Thanks in advance. ...

97 to 2003 conversion
I have converted a 97 mdb to 2003 that uses access security. Everthing I've read states that the mdw file can still be used in 2003. When I join the MDW and open the database I get a Runtime Error '3112' no permission to MsysAccounts. I can open the security/user and group accounts and no users are listed. If I try to add one of the uses it says the user already exists. Any ideas? > no permission MsysAccounts Bad news I'm afraid. It's an unfixed bug resulting from a system.mdw ORIGINALLY being converted from an Access2.0 system.mda. The bug manifests from Ac...

User Name and Password #3
Have Outllook 2000. Attempting to add second email name to outlook. Getting error message when trying to send/receive new emails. Content of error message is server will not accept user name and password. Dialog box requesting user name and password appears I fill in information but continue to get error. Define "second email name" - there is no such thing. Are you trying to = add an account? A user profile? And please post the exact error message = you get from your ISP as the paraphrasing does nothing to assist with = troubleshooting. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Backup Banking, .Net password
When I originally setup the Money Delux program, I selected the option regarding using my own password instead of getting a .Net password. Now that I see a .Net password is required for Background Banking, I went onto the .Net website and signed up for one. Now, what do I need to do so that the first screen that pops up when I use Money asks me for that password instead of the personal one I've been using? Or am I supposed to still sign in using my personal password? My primary problem is that when I try to set up Background Banking under the Tools/Internet Updates/Customize ...

Stop Outlook 2002 from opening without password prompt
Office xp students & teachers. By accident I checked save password at the original outlook 2002 logon screen. Now when I click on Outlook it opens automatically. I can't find where or how to reset or delete the password. I have tried to uninstall outlook 2002 from the office xp, there is not an option to remove just outlook, only the entire office xp. Reg. Frank R. Have you tried going through the mail icon in control panel and accessing the mail settings directly? "frank russell" <frankrussell@netzero.net> wrote in message news:057001c35254$a768a750$a401280a...

Outlook fails to ask user for exchange account on first use
Hi Office XP Pro has been set up to be installed by an administrator onto a local XP client from an admin installation point using a tranform which includes exchange account details so that when a user first runs Outlook/Office XP the Exchange account is automatically set up. The admin installation onto the PC appears to work OK but when a user runs Outlook from the start menu/ desktop icon Outlook does not set up Exchange account and Outlook defaults to the Administrator's Exchange settings. We lock down the desktop so the account cannot be set up by right-clicking the Outlook...

Exchange/Outlook password problem
Hello all, I have a user that changed her logon password, and ever since then, has to re-enter her username and password to get into outlook. At first i thought it was a replication problem, but she can login against all three of our domain controllers with no problems. It's just outlook that asks her to re-authenticate. we're running: windows 2003 server, sp1 on all servers exchange 2003 sp1 clients are windows xp, sp2, outlook 2003 sp1 any ideas? everything worked fine before she changed her password. thanks. Steve "Stephen Corcoran" <sbcorcor@comcast.net>...

Outlook passwords #2
Hello everyone, I am using Outlook 2003 to check 3 pop accounts and 1 exchange account - everything works fine. For the pop accounts, I can store my passwords. For the exchange account, I need to enter my password once when I start up Outlook - why is that? Is there a way to store the password in Outlook? Thanks for any help, Oliver There could be a couple of reasons this is happening. First, open Outlook and go to Tools -> Email Options -> View or change existin e-mail accounts -> Highlight "Microsoft Exchange Server" -> Click on "Change" On the Exc...

Great Plains Data Conversion
Are their utilities to load data into Great Plains from another financial system? It would need to be able to load Receipts, PO, Sales Orders, Inventory, etc. Thanks, The Integration Manager is the best tool for this. Yes, you could use DTS or a couple of other functions, but the Integration Manger supports all of the business rules and table relationships found in GP. If you are only performing a one time conversion, talk to your VAR. I believe there may be a limited time license available. Otherwise, the VAR may be willing to perform the one time integration for you. Richard L....

conversion from quicken--ckg acct missing
After converting from Quicken, my checking acct doesn't show up on the acct list. I did finally locate it, but Money thinks it is an investment acct altho it doens't show up on that list either. The only way I have been able to access the ckg acct was to put it on the toolbar as an icon. I would like to know first of all how to add it to the acct list and secondly list it as a bank acct. In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote: >After converting from Quicken, my checking acct doesn't >show up on the acct list. I did finally locate it, but >Money thinks it is an investm...

String Conversion
Hello Group, How can I convert a Unicode string into a single-byte string? Thanks in advance, Geo Take a look at W2A and related macros. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Geo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014d01c398c3$ba61c480$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Hello Group, | | How can I convert a Unicode string into a single-byte | string? | | Thanks in advance, | Geo Thank you for your response, What is W2A? Geo >-----Original Message----- >Take a look at W2A and related macros. > >-- >Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] >aj...

Prevent Chart Conversion to Grayscale When Copying
Sometimes when I copy a colored chart from Excel, it is automatically converted to a GRAYSCALE image so that when I paste, it pastes as grayscale. How do I prevent this? It happens INCONSISTENTLY; I copy and paste charts all the time- this problem happens a few times a month only. E.g., I can copy and paste one chart resulting in a colored image, then repeat immediately (3 seconds later) with another chart and the result is a gray image. I have tried restarting my computer and it does not help. The problem has "gone away" each time... not sure how or why. I am confident the resul...

Someone cracked a user id/password on our server. Suggestions?
Hi, For the past few days our Exchange server was sending all sorts of messages all over. We were sure that our server was not an open relay. It turns out that someone had figured out a user id/password combination and were using that to relay messages. The problem is got fixed after we made everyone in the company change their password. The question is how can I stop this from happing in the future? Read http://www.spammarshall.com/SpamMarshallWeb/SMTPIntrusionDetection.jsp Jason Miller wrote: > Hi, > > For the past few days our Exchange server was sending all sorts of messa...

Excel asks to save changes when noen are made
I have several spreadsheets that make Excel (2003) ask whether to save the changes before closing the file, even if no changes are made (e.g. open the file and close it - or select exit - without doing anything else). I have pinned down one cause of this; it seems that the OFFSET function can make Excel behave this way (e.g. an otherwize blank spreadsheet with the function =offset(a1,12,0) ). - Is there a way to avoid this question (unless I have made changes)? - Why does Excel think that changes have been made? dOinK Hi you probably have some volatile functions in your spreadsheet (e.g....

Restore requires a password?
I have Money 2002 and made a backup on a computer that was dying. I have a new computer and tried to restore but it says that I need a password. I never entered a password when I choose to back it up. Any ideas? Jon R. Helms See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=143. This explains this circumstance for a lot of people. "Jon R. Helms" <helmsjr@skipfire.com> wrote in message news:u0tJ5pwWEHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have Money 2002 and made a backup on a computer that was dying. I have a > new computer and tried to restore but it says that I need a password. ...

i forgot the password used for the exel sheet
I had used a password as a security in the excel sheet n now i have forgotten my password so what should i do its an important data. Google is your friend? Many available password 'crackers' for Excel workbooks and worksheets, some free, some not. Some not-free ones permit a download of demo that will provide something like first X number of characters or every other character of a password or limit the length of the password to be detected. But those might give you hint enough to jog your memory. Typically such crackers don't even tell you the original password, but the...

bypass password when update linking of password protected file
Hi, I am the administrator of all the password protected file, and I am linking them to one individual summary file, when I open the file, and I want to update the link to reflect the most current data, how can I bypass all the password, so I don't have to type in the password for all the source file? Maybe you could create a macro that would open all those workbooks first. Your macro would supply both the workbook's name and password. Then after all these workbooks are open, you could open the file that contains the links. Kind of like: option explict sub auto_open() dim wkbk...

Post Office Service Pack 3 outlook asks permission to access addre
I am working with MS Office XP Professional. The other day I installed Service Pack 3 to correct some problems. Now, every time that I open Outlook and try to create a new message with Word, Outlook warns me that "a program is trying to access your address book - allow access for XX minutes". This has NOTHING to do with the SPAM inspector software as I disabled it and tried again with the same results. Is there a registry key that needs to be changed so that Outlook will recognize MS Word as a legitmate program? Thank you, Jeff Slezak If you can, please respond to: miacloc...

Access 2002 to 2000 Conversion
When I convert from 2002 to 2000, everything goes well, and works, except for one issue: No database objects show in "Detail View" in the database window. The window is blank for everything -- tables, forms, etc. They do show in large/small icon view and list view. But it's handy to have the additional information provided by Detail view. Has anyone encountered this, or have a solution. I've tried this with three databases. Many thanks for any help given. Greg ...

forgotton password to open excel sheet
Pl. let me know how to open the work sheet which i have forgotten password and that file is imp. to me so pl. help how it will open again Awaiting for your positive reply at the earliest and oblige. Thanks and regards Deepak Kamat if you do a google search on 'password' you will come up with a reply like this which was posted by Otto Moehrbach a few days ago I have copied it below Barbara Password, Forgot It Age-Old Problem. Go To This Site For Help/Guidance: http://www.elkraft.ntnu.no/~huse/xlpassword.htm These Are Good Too: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/e...

unexpected conversion trouble