can i recover unsaved ppt file after crash?

am i SOL or is there hope?

thanks
mark

-1
goodtoimes

goodtoimes,

Yes there's hope. Powerpoint newsgroup!

Immanuel Sibero

"goodtoimes" <goodtoimes@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> am i SOL or is there hope?
>
> thanks
> mark

0
Immanuel

Printer present Publisher can't see it in Print or Preview
I am a School IT Technician, we have MS Publisher 2003 which works well on most of our XP Pro SP2 workstations. However, on one machine we can work on a document but when it comes to printing or print preview the following message comes up: "To print or preview a publication at least one printer must be installed on the system". It is, several are installed and in Page Setup the printers are visible. I have run detect and repair from the programme and repair from Add / Remove Programmes. No change. Any suggestions please? Does the error appear when any printer is selecte...

can't select field in view to move or set properties
Ever had this problem? Got to be the strangest thing. Well, I found the answer and have to give credit to Mitch Milan's blog and apparaently Nithya Balasubramanian for finding the problem. The problem is when customizing a view you can't select a field to move it to the right or left or edit the width. Here is the answer: http://blogs.infinite-x.net/2007/11/10/solution-to-unable-to-edit-view-columns/ In case this link doesn't work the answer is simply and quite strangely adding about:blank to your trusted sites or to the local intranet site depending on what zone your crm ...

Question about shared file
We have a workbook that is shared, and several of us normally have it open with no problem. This morning, though, I tried to open the file and got the message: "This file is locked for editing by this person." The other person had done nothing to change the sharing settings - just opened the file and went to work as usual. When I looked at the list of "Who has this file open now", there are several people listed, with dates going back for two days!! Some people are listed twice on two different days. Is this list supposed to be a history? Or just current status? Does ...

How to delete embedded name of author/computer in excel file
My worksheet contains embedded author name/computer name in each cells -- it will be displayed when I press "Shift + F2" keys -- and I could not get rid of it no matter what I do with the Options. This results in false return of CountA function. Any tips? -- carlee Hi Carlee, > My worksheet contains embedded author name/computer name in each cells -- it > will be displayed when I press "Shift + F2" keys -- and I could not get rid > of it no matter what I do with the Options. This results in false return of > CountA function. Any tips? Shif...

MTA and smtp service can't start
i using win2003 , exchange 2003 sp2 ,when i install a antivirus , my mta service is fail , after i uninstall it , the problem still here , when i try to start smtp & mta service , this will pop these error message anyone know that , pls help event ID : 2027 Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module 'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address\X400\i386\x400prox.dll' for address type 'X400'. Error 0xc0070005. event ID : 8231 Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=HKG,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Config...

Contact Lists recovered, but won't open from Address Book after Exchange 2003 recovery...
1st mail server failed, restored under new name Restored PST's Contact list restored, but when you open the Address Book, click on Contacts, error is: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help." Also, on the exchange server, we have the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing En...

Can't send or receive e-mails from "client" network computers
I have a small peer-to-peer network of three computers, and use MS Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) as my e-mail program. All computers are XP (SP2). I've recently had to reinstall my setup following a system glitch on the host machine. Everything is fine, except for one thing. I can neither send nor receive e-mails from the two client machines. I can access the central address books, Personal Folders etc. without any problem; just can't actually send or receive via the client computers. If I try to send or receive from the clients, after a few moments searching I get "The POP3 /...

bad file management
Ok, I may be missing something, or I may just be terrible at managing and upkeeping my files. Currently using Money Plus Home and Biz 2008, previously used 2006. I've never had a good standardized file management system or backup system/naming convention. Long story short, after changing computers, upgrading software, and moving to another country where I tried to start a new file with the local currency, I have all these various files and somehow am missing 3 months of 2007 data. I'm confused with all these files and wish there were some sort of a way I could merge th...

Can't find input query
I have a query that is based on another totals type query. In VBA I export it to Excel. On rare occasions I get the message that it can't find the input table or query. Obviously, it's there since it works 99.9 % of the time. Any ideas? ...

old file transfers
I have an old system running on 3.1, with business files on it I want to transferee these files to my other computer , it has xp system running. is there a patch I can download to my xp system which will let me open old excel documents If your xp computer has Excel installed, you should be able to open the old Excel file. If not, you can download an Excel Viewer from the Microsoft web site, that allows you to view and print files: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN J B wrote: > I have an old system ru...

Excel doc saved as an HTML file
Hi, Sorry - this is a repost from microsoft.public.excel.programming. I posted there but maybe that was the wrong group for this question. Bottom line on top: I created an Excel file and saved it as HTML - and that file had a hidden worksheet. Upon reopening the file - I can no longer find the hidden worksheet. More detail: I am in the process of creating a dashboard for our group that is Excel based, but is saved as an HMTL file for ease of everyone viewing. In this early stage of development - I created just 3 tabs of reports and 1 tab of calculations. All the data is external, so...

Translate Word Perfect Files
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Is there any way to open a word perfect file, and then save it in Word format? Hello - Mac Word stopped including WordPerfect filters/converters several versions back. However, if you have access to a PC running Word you can probably open the file there & save it in .doc format - depending on which version of WP created the file. If the current versions of PC Word don't have the necessary equipment there are additional filters available from: http://gmayor.com/downloads.htm You may also be interested in a pr...

Temporary save files and their accesibility
Hello, We recently altered an Excel workbook and have subsequently saved it, we have since found that ideally we would take step back in time and not make the changes we have. I have looked around the discussion topics only to be disappointed by some of the replies stating that what I’m asking is impossible. But here goes anyway: It is my understanding that when Excel saves it has a randomly named temporary file that it saves to, upon successful save the file is renamed to that of the file you are working on and the previously saved file is deleted. With that in mind surely there i...

How to convert Excel file to PDF?
How do I convert an Excel workbook to PDF format? I can't find information about this in Excel Help. Thanks. You have to BUY a program that can create PDF files. Adobe Acrobat is the original. There are others available for less money. Search Google. On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:51:05 -0700, "YvonneP" <yvonnep@site-blauvelt.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >How do I convert an Excel workbook to PDF format? I can't find information >about this in Excel Help. Thanks. Using PDFwriter. Sarah "YvonneP" <yvonnep@site-blauvelt.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message ne...

Can't send outgoing mails from exchange 2000
I just change from an ISP mail server to serve mail froma my own organization. I can send and receive email inside my domain and I can receive from any other domain. The problem is I can't sent to any one outside my domain. In the SMTP queue you can see the message stuck with the message: "Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS". I have a Domain Controller that is a DNS server, an Exchange Server that is a Domain Controller and DNS server and an ISA Server 2000. Can somebody help me? Thanks, Manuel Marte Manuel Marte <ManuelMarte@discussions.microsoft.com>...

can i find and replace formula in a chart
i need to change the formulas in a number of charts from say january to february, can this be doen if so how? Jon Peltier has instructions for changing the series formulas in a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html At the bottom of the page, there's a sample file you can download, to make the process easier. timjimb wrote: > i need to change the formulas in a number of charts from say january to > february, can this be doen if so how? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

GP and CRM servers
I am currently running three different servers. One server (Windows server 2003) is running Dynamics GP 10. This server also acts as my terminal services license server. Access to this server is via remote desktop and server access is via “Users and groups” settings (not Active Directory). My second server (Windows server 2003) is running CRM 4.0 and active directory. My third server (Windows Server 2008) will eventually be a SharePoint (MOSS 2007) server. I am in an academic environment and my three servers are running on top of VMware 2.5 ESX on IBM Blade hardware. I have no ...

file date modified is diff
hi, I found after time saving switched, I found the same file have two diff date/time. It's one hour diff. I'm using window group. For example, on both pc , have same date/time clock, and file a.txt is 3/18/2010 3:45 when viewing from pc, but in winodw share view from another pc, it's 3/18/2010 2:45, one hour diff. Can someone pls help. Thanks. On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:59:53 -0500, <someone@js.com> wrote: >hi, I found after time saving switched, I found the same file have two diff >date/time. It's one hour diff. >I'm using window group. For ex...

Excel opens transparent when double-clicking a file
I recently had to reinstall Win2k on my PC. I didn't do a format, just reinstalled over the old directory. Of course I had to reinstall all app afterwards. I had some various Office problems and most have been resolved by removing and reinstalling Office (btw it's XP Pro). However I still have one weird problem. If I open a file by first starting Excel and using File | Open all is well but when I open Excel files from outside Excel, Excel opens and appears to function OK except that I cannot see any cells, the area where cells would appear is transparent, alllowing me to see whatever ...

Remove lines from text file prior to importing in Excel
I've scoured the usual sources, but haven't found any existing code that will accomplish what I need, so here's my situation. I've got a large text file from my company's mainframe. It's around 120,000 lines, with each record from a particular database taking up several lines (generally 8 to 16). Of those lines, only 4 of them are needed for the output file I need to produce. Since there is an import limit on Excel 2003, I'd like to remove the extraneous lines prior to the actual opening of the file in Excel. It should be pretty easy to isolate which l...

Why can't i type on OneNote?
My keyboard is working but onenote locked the fonts and sizes and doesn't let me type anything on to my file. All my project jot-notes is due and i need it asap, and they are all on the program ...

can i send e-mail so that when it's opened it displays a web page
I'm trying to do some e-marketing. Can i use Outlook to send an e-mail so that when the recepient opens the mail it displays a web page? Have you tried simply using an HTML mail item? I'm sure these people have opted-in to receive ads from you, correct? "RJCottrell" <RJCottrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9B2DB57-7A35-49C8-8C42-38237A4A8A14@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do some e-marketing. Can i use Outlook to send an e-mail so > that when the recepient opens the mail it displays a web page? RJCottrell <RJCottrell@discussi...

DAO: query of multiple tables can not find
I try to use DAO to pull out two values from a query (qryTeacher). This query is created by combining four tables that have inner join relationships. In VBA, I wrote the codes as following (with all variables are already declared properly.) strSQLTeacher = "SELECT StudID, email FROM qryTeacher WHERE ((qryTeacher.StudID)='" & varStudID & "');" Set rstTeacher = Student_DB.OpenRecordset(strSQLTeacher) I got the error message saying that "database engine cannot find the input table or query, "qryTeacher". BTW, I use Windows Vista...

IE 8 Keeps crashing
Often I've just closed a tab - doesn't seem to be a specific website and it does it's pop up saying that it needs to close. It's a pita - been happening for just over a week or 2? I'm running Win 7 Pro. This is the error message from the pop-up. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: iexplore.exe Application Version: 8.0.7600.16385 Application Timestamp: 4a5bc69e Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll Fault Module Version: 8.0.7600.16535 Fault Module Timestamp: 4b83889f Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 001b65c7...

Recovering an overwritten file
How can I recover an old version of an excel file that I have saved over? Karen, Unless you have a backup...you can't. John "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A196B312-6385-4C20-AFC4-9459A736846E@microsoft.com... > How can I recover an old version of an excel file that I have saved over? How do you know you actually saved over the old file. The only way you can be sure of that would be if you are using a floppy. Never read or write directly to a floppy from Excel. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm If the file wa...