asks for a password in a database converted from access 97 to access XP

I have converted access 97 database to access XP database
and I have an application whose frontend is visual basic 6
and backend is access XP and I have a crystal report when
ever i try to print or view using crystal report it asks
me for a password for the database.The database doesnt
have a password though.I donno why it asks for a password
and .I will be grateful to you guyz if you give me some
solution to get rid of this problem.

Thanks and regards
Prakash

0
Prakash

pricing database
Hi I have just started a new business, and am quite new to computers. I.e. spread sheets and data bases. Every new customer gives me an order, and then I work out the prices. So I need to store this information as I go along as it would take to long to price up every product and service that I provide, as every customers request will differ and in the pricing. I need to build a set price list for my products, and a sample price list for the service that I provided to previous customers, to give an idea to future customers of what they get in a selected price range. What would be the bes...

Is there a way to convert a .TIF file in VB6
Hello. I want to develop a VB6 program to convert a .TIF file to a .JPG file. Is that possible using VB6? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony "Tony Girgenti" <tony(nospam)@lakesideos.com> wrote in message news:ACB7E938-6B08-466D-A946-0F8874E3B35C@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > I want to develop a VB6 program to convert a .TIF file to a .JPG file. > > Is that possible using VB6? > > Any help would be gratefully appreciated. > > Thanks, > Tony Not a 100% sure about what you are asking. You can certa...

Password Protection on Workbooks
Hi, I set a password on a file I needed for university and now cannot remember the password. I have tried all the usual things I would set it to but no luck. I desperately need to get into the file. I have tried several different programs found in Google and have failed miserably. Is this mission impossible? Please help? -- xirokx ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xirokx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389696 Take a look here...

Why my Access 2007's response is so slow?
Hi all, I have a machine with spec AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6Ghz and 4GB of Memory running on a 32bit Windows Vista. When I switch the views from design to forms/reports, Access needs to think for at least a few seconds before it could response to me. It also sometimes happends on when I tried to move around the objects in the design view of form/report. I tried it in another pretty old XP machine. The problem didn't exist. At first I thought it was the problem of the network. So I copied the file to local and do the same thing, but it didn't help. What else can I do ...

Printing graident fades and semi transparent objects in Publisher xp
Hello, I am having troubled printing certain objects in Publisher 2002. Example. I want to create a black rectangle layed over a photograph and have one side of the rectangle to fade to transparent so the photo shows through and blends in to that part of the rectangle. I draw a rectangle, go in to fill effects, slect the fill color as black and adjust the end "transparency" slider to max. On screen the picture looks perfect. The rectangle fades from solid to totally transparent. But, when I print... the fade does not print... the printer prints the fade as a normal opaque square....

Office XP on a windows 7 machine
I currently own Office Professional XP. I have to buy a new machine that will have Windows 7 as the OS. Will I still be able to install my software on this new machine w/o any issues? Or will I be forced to buy a newer version? I don't know about 32 bit vs 64 bit, Or various versions or beta's, I just want to use what I have on whatever machine I buy. Thanks Tom If no naswer here check the Win7 forum at: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro "Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:38e18fec-2219-467c-...

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Error in Exchange 5.5 Public Folder access via Outlook 2000
Hi We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4, with the May 2004 rollup (841765 - Store.exe and Mdbmsg.dll = 5.5.2658.4) Outlook 2003 clients can access a shared Public Folders contacts list fine through the Address Book application, but Outlook 2000 users can't. Both groups can see and manipulate the actual folder OK, it's just the Address Book that's not working (either through the Address Book icon, or through creating a new mail and clicking on the "To" button and selecting the folder from there). Outlook 2000 users see a blank list, with the slider on the right siz...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

windows xp frontpage error
Just got a call from my child at college, is getting a message saying to "put in windows xp cd with frontpage", it was installed at the factory and the cd says nothing about frontpage, was installed in coputer in2004 windows xp professional, autoupdatw won't do it. any clue to what is going on? Is freezing computer and won't open excell. Hi Diana, Though this is the newsgroup for Microsoft Dynamics GP and not Windows XP or Ofice, I will try to help you out. In future, please post to the appropriate newsgroup. I believe the error message being received is infact askin...

Access Packaging Wizard
Hi, I need to add a DWORD to the registry key section within the Access 2007 Package Wizard. The link http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb501030.aspx shows a section in the wizard as TYPE. I have downloaded and installed the package wizard from this page and the TYPE section is not available. How do I add a DWORD using the pacakging wizard. Regards John Found the solution. Regards John "John" <jmlee@btconnect.com> wrote in message news:eB9TiN7cIHA.148@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I need to add a DWORD to the registry key section within the Access 2007...

Opening Excel '97
I have MS Excel '97 on my computer at work. I notice that when I open multiple excel files the program just puts all of the files in one window. I would prefer to have the files open up in individual windows. Is there a way to tell Excel to open everything in a new window? I know that I can just open up a new Excel window then open the file, but I would rather just click on the file and have it open a new window automatically. Any thoughts out there? xl2k was the first version to offer Tools|Options|view tab|windows in taskbar. It showed each window as a different icon on the ...

how to convert between various video format?
Bigasoft Total Video Converter helps you fast convert between various video files to enjoy your favorite movie or music video on portable device, mobile phone, mp4 player, personal computer, television, YouTube and so on with ease. The powerful video conversion tool supports video conversion between a wide range of video formats, including AVI, Xvid, DivX, H.264, MP4, 3GP, MKV, WMV, RM, FLV, MOV, etc. The amazing video converter is not only an easy-to-use movie conversion tool but also a powerful audio converter which can convert between audio files like MP3, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA, etc. Moreover,...

Database
I'm trying to find the easiest/smartest way to create a database for a group of people. I'd like the database to meet two criteria: a. to use as a contacts list to send a group email b. to create address labels Creating address labels has been a hassle in the past. I cant' find a way to export my Outlook Express address book without exporting it in it's entirety. Without exporting the one group folder, I'm left with the task of manually selecting 50 names out of hundreds. I've tried creating a database in Excel but the mailmerge in Word won't work. An anom...

adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if same as their departm
A procedure was written to update all projects, adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if they are the same as their home department. It would be useful to know if there were a feature to define default projects by a given criteria - i.e. By department. [d]elete accesslest insert accesslest (PACONTNUMBER, PAPROJNUMBER, EMPLOYID, ContractEntry, ContractInquire, ContractReport, ContractReview, ProjectEntry, ProjectInquire, ProjectReport, ProjectReview, ALEntry, ALInquire, ALReport, ALReview, EEEntry, EEInquire, EEReport, EEReview, ELEntry, ELInquire, ELReport, ELReview, FFEnt...

where is the library database file stored?
I am trying to media share to my xbox360 and had some mp4 files but wmp11 doesnt recognize mp4 so I rename them to AVI and wmp adds them to the sharing folder 1st question, why is that merely changing the extension to a false extension let it play on the 360? 2nd question, if I delete a file from my wm library how does it know not to add it again? unless I remove the sharing folder and then readd the sharing folder? airtas wrote: > I am trying to media share to my xbox360 and had some mp4 files but wmp11 > doesnt recognize mp4 so I rename them to AVI and wmp adds t...

Controlling Access to Contact's History
Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/ write to the contact record. Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't change that one). Select the Core Records tab. History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the Activity row. History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row. You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete "pie". Clear th...

Cannot access a file -- HELP
I have this problem at work (using Excel 2000 Windows 2000) and at home (Excel 2003, Windows XP Pro). SOMETIMES...not always, I try to access a file on a network drive I get the message: "path..filename could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name and verify that the file location is correct". Once I get the message on that file, I always get it on the file....but there might be 27 others in the same folder that I can open. And I get the message if I try to open the file via explorer or via Excel. If I copy the file to my C: drive it opens fine. I even tried t...

convert to MS Access db
I have 2 W98 machines, each has Excel2000 and Access2000. One of the machines will convert an Excel worksheet to an Access database, the other will not. I get an Excel message 'A new database cannot be created.' on the machine where this does not work. I have checked the Add-Ins and both machines appear to have the same selections, yet one machine will create the database and the other will not. Any suggestions of where to look will be appreciated Dan ...

Green icons on Quick Access Toolbar
Excel 2007 If a command is added to the QAT that has no icon then Excel places a green ball as the icon on the QAT. I currently have 6 of these and it is a problem identifying which does what. Is there any way to change these icons? Thanks Will Hi will See this page on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:735F28D0-BC2B-408C-97E5-62850DACE1EE@microsoft.com... > Excel 2007 > If a command is added to the QAT that has no icon then Excel place...

GP6 EXPORT TO Office XP ERROR
I HAVE THIS PROBLEM: CANNOT EXPORT, NO DATA ON THE MSEXCEL I KNOW THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR THAT I HAVE TO COPY SOME FILES BUT I FORGOT WHICH ONES FABIEN ...

Errors after Modifying Access 2000 db using Access 2003
I know this proplem has been posted and several solutions have been posted, but I cannot get any of them to work, and I'm at wits end. Someone in the company developed a db in Access 2000 that is extremely useful, but after years of using, I've thought of a few ways to improve upon it (via Access 2003). I was finally able to update the Forms, Macros, and Modules, and get the db working as I wanted. However, after I closed the db and re-opened it for its final testing, I got the dreaded "Module Not Found" error when I clicked on one of the command buttons. I feel l...

RMS 2.0 to POS2009 database conversion
I am trying to create a database in POS2009 from a .bck from RMS 2.0. It keeps bailing out during the create process. What am I missing? I have installed the Serv pck for POS2009. -- ce-thompson@ca.rr.com That can't be done directly. You need to follow the upgrade/migration process outlined in the Rapid Implementation Tools found on Partner Source. Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. www.retail-pos.com "Curt Thompson" <cthompson@adctech.com.nospam> wrote in message news:91BDC244-B472-44B8-AE99-B43B94E29142@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a da...