Access 97 upsize to SQL 2K

OK - someone here gave me a suggestion on using the (newer) upsizing wizard
to do this. I thought I had saved that post but now I can't seem to find it.
So if anyone knows: 1) Where can I find the version of the Wizard that works
with SQL 7; and 2) What is the modification I need to make to the code so it
works with SQL 2K. TIA!

0
Ron

We use the Access 97 upsize wizard, which doesn't do nVarChar.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f5c7a907-7c5f-46cb-9157-a1ec4e96083d&displaylang=en

If you use the later wizards, you will have to convert the
nVarChar to VarChar, because A97 doesn't do Unicode.

There may be a version of the (newer) wizard that you can
modify to not use nVarChar: I've never seen it.

If you use the A97 wizard, it crashes when SQL Server 2000
returns the version number. Just run it till it crashes, then
modify the code there so that the version number doesn't crash
the upsize wizard.

Or you can start from SQL Server DTS, and import the tables,
rather than exporting them from Access.

(david)

"Ron Hinds" <__NoSpam@__NoSpamramac.com> wrote in message
> OK - someone here gave me a suggestion on using the (newer) upsizing
wizard
> to do this. I thought I had saved that post but now I can't seem to find
it.
> So if anyone knows: 1) Where can I find the version of the Wizard that
works
> with SQL 7; and 2) What is the modification I need to make to the code so
it
> works with SQL 2K. TIA!

0
david
1/31/2004 3:37:04 AM
Thanks David!

"david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote in message
> We use the Access 97 upsize wizard, which doesn't do nVarChar.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f5c7a907-7c5f-46cb-9157-a1ec4e96083d&displaylang=en

> If you use the later wizards, you will have to convert the
> nVarChar to VarChar, because A97 doesn't do Unicode.
>
> There may be a version of the (newer) wizard that you can
> modify to not use nVarChar: I've never seen it.
>
> If you use the A97 wizard, it crashes when SQL Server 2000
> returns the version number. Just run it till it crashes, then
> modify the code there so that the version number doesn't crash
> the upsize wizard.
>
> Or you can start from SQL Server DTS, and import the tables,
> rather than exporting them from Access.
>
> (david)
>

> "Ron Hinds" <__NoSpam@__NoSpamramac.com> wrote in message
> > OK - someone here gave me a suggestion on using the (newer) upsizing
> wizard
> > to do this. I thought I had saved that post but now I can't seem to find
> it.
> > So if anyone knows: 1) Where can I find the version of the Wizard that
> works
> > with SQL 7; and 2) What is the modification I need to make to the code
so
> it
> > works with SQL 2K. TIA!

0
Ron

access 2003 (sp3) The program stops responding
Hi When I change something i a form (design view) ,the program stops responding for while. Not used network connection are disconnected. Hodde <Hodde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I change something i a form (design view) ,the program stops responding >for while. Not used network connection are disconnected. Check your table links. You might have some tables pointing to a network share. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://ms...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Excel / VBA / SQL DB
Anybody done any work with Excel / VBA / SQL DB? Can you give me some pointers on how I could do the following all in one VBA routine: 1) From a cell variable value (ie, user enters a customer code), I query table A and put the data into a worksheet starting from say cell A1. 2) A blank row is created after the last data line in point 1 above. 3) Using the same cell variable, query table B and put the data into the worksheet starting from the row after the blank row in point 2 above. and so on. Like I've said before I work with ASP all day and know about ADO connections, commands and...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Simple Access counting queries

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

groups detail section totals access 2003
Hi all, I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet. I have what basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail rows. I want to total these rows in the report and display immediately below the detail section. I don't really want to group anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group. That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I can add my total columns. If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts grouping things and that is not what I want. I don't want to use the "page foo...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

SQL 2008 x64 SP1 SSRS
I've installed SQL Server 2008 x64 SP1 SSRS on a server running Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard and am having major issues. I installed and configured SSRS using documentation provided by our CRM application (ConnectWise). They appeared to be pretty standard options. For SSL I chose the certificate for mydomain.com. Inside the Reporting Services Configuration Manager it shows the following URLs: Web Service URL: http://machinename:80/ReportServer https://www.mydomain.com:443/ReportServer Report Manager URL: http://machinename:80/Reports https://www.mydomain.com:443/Reports ...

Can Entourage be used to access Google Groups
I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on Entourage or Mac Mail? Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something everyone except me knows. Thanks, Michael Plog On 1/31/10 3:25 PM, Michael Plog wrote: > I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this > news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on > Entourage or Mac Mail? > > Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something e...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

VBA and SQL Query
hi, i use GP 8.0 and i want to make a custom form for a specific need. i cannot use Dexterity for this change so i really need to use VBA. however in the vba form i want to make a few sql select queries to pull client names, and call a table view, and eventually run a few update queries. is that possible to do with VBA in GP 8.0 ? Yes. You need to create an ADO connection and execute through that. Go to Customersource and search for ADO and VBA. Somewhere, I think in one of the demo links, is a file containing sample code that show you how to do this, including use of the retrievegl...

link file from virtual windows xp to access 2007 on windows 7 plat
I am trying to link a paradox db file to access 2007 db. The paradox file resides on a virtual windows xp platform within the windows 7 platform of the physical machine. How do I map this field into access? -- cblackman ...

Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80.
Hi All, Does somebody know what's a shit is that? I installed XP from scratch, then all service packs and update, VS etc., finally I installed the Office 2000. When I close Excel (and Word as well) I get this error. Unhandled exception at 0x10001e80 in EXCEL.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x10001e80. I installed all service packs and updated over the office, no results. My friend told me that it's a big difference how did we install Office, in what order. If I install the Office exactly after Windows main installation, then install all other packages, updates, ...

Posting a Journal Entry directly Into SQL?
Currently, we using Integration Assistant 8.0 for Excel to import about 6 Simple Journal Entries per day. This was fairly easy for the first few weeks, but now it's just getting boring. Our process goes something like this: Run a custom SQL Query (that operates on both Great Plains and other data sources) that produces a result set that is cut and pasted as a formatted Journal Entry into Excel. Then, from Excel, we just run our already-built integration package which imports the batch into Great Plains. We've already figured out how to get some basic transaction data out of Gr...

Puzzling out the Navigation Pane (Access 2007)
Hi All, Been looking at the Access 2007 Navigation Pane as a replacement for the venerable Switchboard. Soo... I can create shortcuts to objects, put those shortcuts in Custom Categories and Groups and Disable the DesignView property of the shortcut. Ok. I can run an autoexec macro to hide all native categories. Fine. What's to prevent the end user from right clicking on the shortcut and enabling DesignView again? ...

administrator denied access to system manager
done a nice silly thing, accidentally changed the permissions on the administrator account to deny full access in the exchange organisation. i used the reg hack to access the security tab. i know that's why it's hidden to prevent things like this, so please dont remind me ;) thing is, although i can do most things from another admin account, i cant get access to that security tab, even with the reg hack for that user. so i cant undo the damage. is there any way or removing those permissions using another tool? i cant add the other amin account to the delegation wizard, it says...

Converting Access 97 to Access 2003 10-14-05
This is my first conversion. Can anyone offer tips on the easiest and safest way to convert a multi user database which was developed in Access 97 to Access 2003? You can try opening A2003, and before opening any database, choose: Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database. If you run into problems, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Jane...