Access 97 to Access 2000 conversion error

Hello,

After taking the appropriate steps to convert a security
multi-user Access 97 database to Access 2000, the
conversion was a success without errors. Though when
running the application I encounter this error:

The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the
object '~sq_ffrmBaseDataWindow'. Make sure the object
exists and that you spell its name and the path name
correctly.

It appears when the Microsoft Jet database engine is
attempting to find an object with a corrupt name. Though
there is a form that exist with the name
'frmBaseDataWindow'.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Moe

0
Moe

OID Update error
Getting an error stating "LDAP timeout while performing lookup", during the OID Update script. Single connector only up half the time. Any ideas. Thanks ...

Outlook 2000 vs 2003
We have a bunch of public folders that our Outlook 2000 users have had no problems seeing or using the views (on an exchange 2003 server). Recently a few random people sometime cannot display a particular public folder, or the view won't filter properly. If you use 2003 under the same account, the everything works perfectly What's the scoop? -Rob T. ...

How can I convert a Publisher 97 file to Publisher 2000 so I can o
I need to open a Publisher 97 file from a disk with my Publisher 2000 Deluxe edition. Pub 2000 says it can't open previous versions. Any ideas? Disable your anti-virus software and try again. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking" and in Norton options, misc. clear "Office Plug-in." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Picbro Okajun" <Picbro Okajun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E19BDCCA-4245-468C-A3F8-37C63FB5AA0F@microsoft.com... >I need to open a Pu...

Running Access 97 Runtime from Access 2002 MSAccess.
I have figured out how to run the Access 97 Runtime from Access 2002 as a runtime. It appears to work fine, but each time it is opened, there is a message that the user must click "OK" on. It is as follows: "You can't make changes to the database objects in the database "name.mdb." This database was created in an earlier version of the Label Print Work Station. To convert this database to the current verison of the database name, close the database, point to Database Utilities on the tools menu, and then click convert Database." It is not stopping any of ...

Searching free email account provider with POP3 AND SMTP (!!!!) access
I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent spammers) would be ok. I have seen some lists of such services but most of them do NOT provide SMTP access (!) although claimed! Thomas Thomas Hansen <thans2000@gmx.net> wrote: > I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts > with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent > spammers) would be ok. Google is your friend. http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bfree+%2Bpop+%2Bsmtp -- Brian Tillman POP3 is how in...

Access violation with CFtpFileFind ::FindFile
Following is a correspondence with Mr. Newcomer (thanks allot for the serious reference and remarks). Following your remarks I tried to pinpoint the access violation error by eliminating codes and trial & error. I noticed that the following code may cause the problem - CFtpFileFind finder(pConnect); bWorking = finder.FindFile(NULL); It may not be obvious but the target machine on which the connection is established is a VMS machine and not a PC. Remarking out the following line stoped the debugger error: bWorking = finder.FindFile(NULL); Can you farther advise? Thanks Gil Hint: whe...

Can i access System Manager and AD from my workstation
Hi all I use exch2003 with xp pro clients on my network. I log onto my server via remote desktop during the day. I do this ALOT of time during the day and obvioudsly need to put in credentials evry time i log on. Is there any way that i can click on a shortcut on my desktop that will take me to exchange manager and to AD on my exchange server or is this not possible. i have win xp pro on my laptop installed. Thanks evryone Hi alone :-) You can simply install the Exchange System Manager on your computer (run Exchange 2003 setup and then simply choose to install ESM on your computer,...

Outlook 2000 Spell Check
Every email I send gives me the error message "Error Occured While checking Spelling" How do I fix? Check under tools, options in outlook and look under spelling and see what language you have told it to spell check in, perhaps you don't have that dictionary installed. If you told is US and you think you have it installed it could be corrupt - trying to a "repair" installation of Office. Ty >-----Original Message----- >Every email I send gives me the error message "Error >Occured While checking Spelling" How do I fix? >. > ...

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

Odd Email Recipt error
Hi. We have a number of users who have external mailboxes, and some who have internal mailboxes. Everyone uses the same domain username@ourcompany.com. When anyone of us send an email to an account externally with a copy to an account internally, the external receipient gets the message, but the sender gets an error which states there is an error delivering to username@companyname.LOCAL, because on receipt to the internal receipient, Exchange is trying to send that email to the external receipient, but locally... Has anyone experienced this, and if so, does anyone know a solution to th...

error SHSQL.DLL
what's the problem SHSQL.DLL when i compile my program in vc++? ...

Exporting Access into Excel workbook
Is there a way to export an access report into excel workbook where data is broken out onto multiple spreadsheets? Please help. Thank you!! In the absence of another reply ..... I think not. In my opinion you would be better off exporting sets of data from th *original Access table* to Excel - or using Data/Get External Data i Excel. I am currently experimenting with a similar job where it is necessar to have an Access table containing worksheet names linked to the mai table to enable this. I am setting up an Excel macro to import t worksheets. It may be quicker to use an Access Make T...

Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup setup option
I need to setup my Outlook 2000 in the Corporate or Workgroup mode. To find out how, I found the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 195500 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;q195500), which outlines steps: 1. Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click Services. 2. ... 3. ... So in Outlook 2000 I clicked the Tools menu and -- oops! there is no Services under the Tools menu! Anybody can help? Thanks a lot! Jason If you had Services on your Tools menu, you'd already be in Corporate/Workgroup mode :-) Internet Mail Only mode has "Accounts" instead. ...

Quicken Conversion #6
I downloaded the trial version of Money 2006 Delux to try it's Quicken 2005 file conversion... no luck. Converted Quicken 2004 files ok, but not 2005. Been trying to sort out the conflicting info whether any version of Money 2006, trial or paid for, wil convert Quicken 2005 files. Anyone out there have any success converting Quiucken 2005 files? ...

Accessing Additional Mailboxes
When we set up the Exchange Server about a year ago everything was running fine. Now, things have slowed down when I attempt to access an additional mailbox. I mean - really slowed down. When I click on an e-mail it will take about two minutes to open. The mailbox is not very large. Any ideas on where to start. I've run the Best Practices Tool but nothing jumps out. Thanks. Mike Hi Mike, Usually an Exchange Server slowing down is indicative of two things: 1) Free Space 2) Fragmentation Check for free space on each exchange drive. OS first. Check the bad mail folder. Bad mail fo...

outlook 2000 #44
Cannot start outlook. ths splash screen comes up then nothing else.When I hit ctl alt delete the outlook program is not responding. I have trued goback to revert my hard drive all the eay back 2 weeks.Help please. Thanks Mike You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd.dat file while Outlook is closed. Renaming it might be the best idea if you have a lot of customizations that you...

Installing Visio 2000 on XP pro SP2
Hi all, I am using Visio 2002 on my home PC. JUst bought Visio 2000, want to install it on a thinkpad -T23 running XPP sp2. Installation want to install microsoft data engine 1.0. Should I do this? Should I install both discs? I just want to edit drawing I have made at home on 2002. I dont want to make any unseen changes to my notebook, or damage the settings. Any advise? You don't need to install the data engine to run Visio. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "tmfast" <tm...

Accessing Money 2001 files w/Money 2005
I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone through tech support and they couldn't help me. Anyone here have any suggestions? Besides trying to take the software back to the store. In microsoft.public.money, frustrated in WA wrote: >I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. >Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I >can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone >through tech support and they couldn...

Join problem
Hello, Usually when I join querys to get a new one, If in the child query the record is missing, i get missing field in the new query. but somtime's, for reason's i don't know, i get in the new query field the value " #Error " , wich i dont know how to handel. Why is it happened and how to avoid this ? thank you -- תודה רבה Can you give us an example of a query that yields #Error? There can be lots of reasons why this could appear. A common example is if you use one of the VBA functions that cannot handle the Null value, such as CDbl() or Val(). -- ...

mail merge error
Trying to do a mail merge and the system seems to hang when she is using the wizard to look for her data (Access or Excel). She can access each file outside the mailmerge fine. uising Office Pro 2000 thanks Antz, This sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup. Did she give it plenty of time? -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Antz" <Antz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:443EC1D1-B6EA-45C7-9878-ADF1BAF09AF4@microsoft.com... > Trying to do a mail merge and the system seems to...

Is ther a like function RAT() in VBA for Access 2003 as in .net?
Hello, I'm looking for a function in Access 2003 VBA that would act like RAT() fuction in .net. However, it must be called within a query statment. Thanks A Lot. Daniel. What does the RAT( ) function do in .Net? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Something like RAT() Function" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm looking for a function in Access 2003 VBA that would act like RAT() > fuction in .net. However, it must be called within a query statment. > > Thanks A Lot. > > Daniel. instrrev() will suit your needs I bel...

Warning 913: Cash Drawer error?
Hi, On one of the cash registers in my client's store is giving an error message everytime you start the POS software. This is a remote cash register connecting to a server running the database (this register has an offline database that sync's back). The error it shows is: "Warning 913: The cash drawer may be locked by another process." Even with no other software running, this error comes up. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this error? Thanks, Matt Matt, Are you using a OPOS driver for the drawer? Try Manager | File | Configuration | Options tab | ...

Using variables in Excel 2000
Yeh, yeh, I know for some of you guys this is prbably a very simple task. This is what I am wanting to do Assign a list of variables(in this case they are a two letter designator) at the top left of the worksheet and the cell to the right of the cell input the value for the variable In a different row and colum use any of these varaibles and be able to change the values at the top list. I also need to be able to just insert a new variable in "different row and colum" and have it use this new variable Sincerely yours Le Les The name you type in the first column will only be for...

Excel 97, strange rounding
I am using state of the art excel 97 at work. When I type in a number "4" it comes up as .04, when I put in "400" I get 4. First thing I thought was precentage, ok so I changed it to number format with 2 decimal places and that resolved nothing. Nothing I do to the cells changes this. Ideas? Someone has set your Excel up for quick money entry - you can type 12345 to get 123.45 (one whole keystroke saved) To undo this: Tools | Options | open the Edit tab | uncheck the Fixed Decimal Places box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/blie...

User define message error!
Hi! I created a SDI app and I want to show a dialog after creating SDI, therefore I defined an user define message #define WMU_STARTUP (WM_APP+10) and call it from CSDIView::OnInitUpdate() with PostMessage(WM_STARTUP). In debug version it work correctly but in release version it generates an Application Error after close the program. what's the problem? Thankx ...