Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-08-03

I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access
2000 but with great difficulty.
If I try to load it in Access 2000, the conversion is
attempted but on the apparent completion the new database
is not saved and the screen is blank.
If I try creating a new database and importing everything
then this works fine for the data, but no reports or forms
are imported.
I have tried all the latest patches to MS Office.
Any suggestions would be very welcome.
0
Antony

Direct Link from MS Project to MS Access
I'm building a database in MS Access. Currently we are dumping MS Project information into Excel and importing into MS Access. I need to determine if there is a way to link MS Access directly to tables in MS Project for automatic updates instead of export/import. ...

problem with index formula
The following fomula is contained in cell C16 and returns the correct values: =VLOOKUP(B6,'Active Clients'!$B$2:$K$954,10,FALSE) The following formula is contained in cell L18 and uses the result in C16 as a lookup value in the first "match": =INDEX(L21:M44,MATCH(C16,L21:L44,1),MATCH(M16,L21:M21,-1)) My promlem is that when I try to match on cell C16 my index formula returns an error. However, when I change the index formula to reference another cell (let's say cell D16) and I type in the value shown in cell C16, the index formula works fine. I think my problem has ...

MS Outlook Installation Problem
I have installed MS Outlook from my Office 2003 CD. When i open the program up, I cannot get to the Calender. I go to the VIEW menu and I still cannot get to the Calender. i want to use Outlook vive Outlook Express on my home computer. Any suggestions of what i may be doing wrong that wil allow me to see the calender?? Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express are two different programs. Only = Outlook 2003 has a calendar feature. What are the exact symptoms that = you see when you click on the Calendar button in Outlook 2003?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Prog...

Outlook 2000 #5
My O/S is XP Home. In my calendar header in Outlook 2000, I only get the date - e.g. July 14, no day. I tried adjusting regional settings for system date, but no luck. Any suggestions? ...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Adobe problem
Have just installed Adobe full version 7 onto terminal server when I use Great plains and open up a document and print to screen then choose the emailto(pdf) link it comes comes up with an error telling me that if I am sending postscript fonts then to go intot the settings of adobe printer and ensure the tick box "Do not send fonts to Adobe PDF" is ticked I have ensured that the boxes are ticked but the system will not let me email this way If I choose the adobe printer and print to printer I get the option to save the pdf documnet and then the PDF will appear on the screen and I ...

Event date problem with Entourage calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When trying to add an event in the calendar, the date defaults to January 5, 2010, and won't let you change it to the current date, or the date of the day that the event is being created on. Any suggestions? Same thing happened to me when I first used Entourage calendar. I fixed it by checking the date/time set up under Apple preferences. Sure enough, the date was set wrong. Hope this helps. ...

Unicode Problems In Resource Files
Hi, I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document ????????? ???? ???????T when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as follows Нас�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� why is this could someone help i am toatally at a deadend with this. Regards Adrian, >I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document >????????? ???? ???????T >when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as >follows >�?а�?�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� Adrian, I believe the c...

Custom Contact form / Flagged for follow up Problem
I created a custom contact form, adding several user defined fields. If I Flag a contact record for follow up, and then select the item from the list of tasks to be done displayed by the Task folder, the original default contact form, without my needed additional user defined fields is displayed. How do I make the custom contact form be displayed when I click on a flagged item? Outlook version? Are you up-to-date on service packs and hotfixes for your version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and A...

Compacting........or rather not quite.... 02-03-10
MS Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 : service pack 3) copyright 2007 INTERNET EXPLORER Version 7.0.5730.13 Build 75730 I have tried several times over the last couple of months to compact emails in OE. (Usually due to being prompted). Within the box entitled "Compacting" The compacting starts, and zips through the various email folders and then moves onto the newsgroups, (about 8/9 off). With the green progress bar nearly full and showing a "folders file" name tag, a message box explodes on the desk...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

"Access denied" frm Vista client to Win2003 server, but not XP or
The setup: -A Win2003 server at a hosting site, configured for VPN access. -The Win2003 server has 2 users configured, e.g. Bill and Fred. Each has the 'Allow access' selection for "Remote Access Permission (Dial-in or VPN)" on their individual properties page. -The Win2003 server has 3 shared folders, with share names "Everybody", "Bills Folder", and "Freds Folder", as implied, the 'Everyone' group has read access via the 'Permissions' settings of the shared directory properties. Bill and Fred each have full ...

spin control problem #2
How do I get the integer value of a spin control's associated edit control while in the edit control's OnEnChange function. Everytime I try to extract the data I get an exception error. If you have a problem in spin control, hire a good publicist... (sorry, I couldn't resist) First, show the code. Then say PRECISELY what you mean by "exception error", showing the exact line of code that experiences the problem. Otherwise, there is no way to tell what you've done! joe On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:43:21 -0700, "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote: ...

Include top nav abr problem
Hi all, I have a website with an "Include_top" with a nav bar. This renders OK on all but 1 page on main site and subsite. http://www.gundogs-wales.co.uk/Gundogtest/Lakeside_Link.htm and http://www.gundogs-wales.co.uk/Lakeside_Link.htm I have tried removing and reinstalling the "Include_top" page to no effect. can anyone help please TIA Teriel9 Looks like you are missing the style sheet link in the head section in both pages at http://www.gundogs-wales.co.uk/Lakeside_Link.htm add <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="te...

Getting 'read' access to all domain mailboxes?
Is it possible setup one user to have full read access to all our domain mailboxes? I have read about delegate access but I just want to assign one users (our personnel manager) to have read access to all mailboxes Again, I only want this one person to have 'read only' access to all the other mailboxes so she can read their mail etc Many thanks in advance - ras - ...

Problem about Sample Database
Dear all, I have a MS CRM license with MSDN. I completly installed MS CRM with organization named "Adventure Works Cycle. I got 6 licenses of Suite Professtional. But when I tried to install sample database following http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/m aintain/20_samdb.mspx . It was error in step of add license. I added 8JUNYZUK3U66WXTRP7WE1 and the error screen was shown "You must enter a valid license key". Please help me solve this problem. Thanks !!! dinorex "dinorex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

How to access help?
That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off but how? And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch the thing off? How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DF541B-4845-454E-B610-4BA5DFD28952@mi...

Validation Rule for IBAN Account number in MS Access Form field
Hi, In my table (and the form field linked to it) I have a field for the IBAN account number, which must be 2 Upper case characters A to Z, followed by 18 manadatory digits, and up to 28 total. So in my input mask I have this: >LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;; and it works fine. But when the user enters less than 20 characters total (including the two letters at the start and at least 18 digits) Access gives a very unfriendly ''The value you entered isn't appropriate for the input mask '>LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;;' specified for thi...

problem retaining cursor on same position in subform
Hi, I have a main form with a Combobox and a subform that use to display relate record when the combobox is selected. In the subform, I have a button to open another form (frmEditCommune) for editing specific record. When finish editing and closing the frmEditCommune form, I want the subform to requery and retain the cursor on the current record. The code below did requery/refresh the content but move the cursor to the first row of the subform. Could anyone advice how to maintain the cursor to the previuos position in the subform? Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strCriteria As S...

data available to MS Access
I'm not able to see the multiple entries of a sharepoint item with a mulit-line text column --I can only access the text of the last entry. With other multi-value columns (attachments, single-line text, numbers, etc), I don't have a problem getting the multiple entries. ...

Problem with reading Reminders in Outlook 2003
Every time I start Outlook 2003 a pop-up message appears: "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." How do I get rid of this annoying pop- up message? I have tried to take all my reminders that I could find out of my calendar, the message still appears. What do I need to do? Has anyone experience similar problem. How do I get rid off this pop-up message. Many thanks for your help. Martin. Martin <martin@kellyville.org.au> wrote: > Every time I start Outlook 2003 a...

Email display problem
I've lost the "to" and "from" lines from the emails I've received - how do I put them back? thanks! -- Michael Abraham Toronto, Canada Put them back where, exactly? Where are they missing from? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23whdIyAmDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Michael Abraham wrote: > I've lost the "to" and "from" lines from the emails I've received - > how do I put...

Little help, 5.5 to 2k3 migration problems (long)
Hi, First post here, so I apologise in advance if I get anything too wrong, or it's too long. I had Exch 5.5 running on a Win2k domain controller, 60 odd users, some public folders, some delegate access etc. I decided to migrate the system to a Win2003 / Exchange 2k3 server, following the deployment instaurations on the CD. *Note: on further investigation on the KB, it seems that I should have run the 5.5 DS/IS constancy checker before the migration to iron out any ACL/AD issues - this wasn't done. I have also discovered that my original ex5.5 site name contained invalid character...

Program accessing address book
I get the warning below when an application uses Outlooks address book. How do I turn off this warning for good? A program is trying to access your Address Book or contacts. Thanks You may not be able to turn it off, check here for some options http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec "Jason" <jason.strand@columbialegal.org> wrote in message news:013101c35aad$28167bb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I get the warning below when an application uses Outlooks > address book. How do I turn off this warning for good? > > A program is trying to access your Address B...

money replacement 03-26-10
OK, so I've learned that Microsoft no longer offers a "Money" product. Can anyone recommend a comparable replacement for my stand-alone MS Money 2007 software? Office Accounting Express looks powerful but I thing it is too complicated for my personal finance needs. What about an online offering (though I'm not really keen on the idea). Thanks for any suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, Domenick wrote: >OK, so I've learned that Microsoft no longer offers a "Money" product. Can >anyone recommend a comparable replacement for my stand-alo...