Access 97 compatible with Microsoft 2000

Our office recently converted to Microsoft 2000, and we
have Access 1997. I am wondering  if this is not a good
mix since Access keeps locking up on us. Any opinions?
0
colleen

Colleen

You will run into trouble when someone with Access 2000 converts an Access
97 database to 2000. The person with 97 will not be able to open it.

For those who use multiple versions of Access, for whatever reason, I
recommend our product Total Access Startup.
http://www.fmsinc.com/Products/startup/index.asp

Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

--

Rob

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Problems with your database? Need to upgrade your application?
Contact the FMS Professional Solutions Group: www.fmsinc.com/consulting

Need a Book Recommendation?
www.fmsinc.com/toplevel/books.htm

Need software tools for Access, VB or .NET?
http://www.fmsinc.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"colleen" <cwilliams@oneillassoc.com> wrote in message
> Our office recently converted to Microsoft 2000, and we
> have Access 1997. I am wondering  if this is not a good
> mix since Access keeps locking up on us. Any opinions?

0
RobFMS

Access 2003 Help Needed!
Hello, I work at a university and we are trying to input all the professor's research titles into a database for students who want to do a special project with that professor. We need to print off these research ideas for various uses. Whenever I try to print them off, if there is more words than can fit on a page, it just cuts them off. Can I somehow tell the program to text wrap? Also if the titles are really long, Access won't let me enter over a certain amount of characters - can I change that as well? thanks :) Dana On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:30:00 -0800, Dana <Dana@disc...

Merging in Excel from Word, Excel, or Access
Can you do a "merge" in Excel with data from Excel, Word, or Access? I have a list of names (in Access and Excel) which I would like to put in a specific cell in Excel. There are 80 names, so I would prefer to not have to type them individually. I can do it in Word, but I must be missing something in Excel. Can it be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! From Access you can import or link Excel spreadsheets and if you have a table in access you can export that table to a excel spreadsheet. "RS" wrote: > Can you do a "merge" in Excel wi...

form error 2000 >> 2002
Hi, I migrated a database from access 2000 to 2002. After doing this i got a wird error in on of the forms. Its a form with about 40 calculated fields and 10 subforms. In a lot of the fields "#name?" is displayed instead of the value. When i go to the next record or open the form in design mode and return then other fields display "#name?". I have checked for missing referrences in my vb library but that gave no errors. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. Pieter Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups...

Access 97- if... and if... then Coding
I usea form with check boxes. I have code that If one box is checked Then change a list to "1" Private Sub XXX_AfterUpdate() If (Me.XXX = -1) Then Me.List117 = "1" End If I want to write a code that if two (or more) boxes are checked Then change list to 2 Private Sub XXX_AfterUpdate() If (Me.XXX = -1) and If (If Me.YYY = -1 ) Then Me.List117 = "2" End If I would appreciate any help. Have you checked Access HELP for the syntax on the If...Then function? Perhaps: If (Me!XXX = -1) And (Me!YYY = -1) Then 'do this Else 'do that ...

how can I convert an access 1.x database to access 2002?
I think you have to convert it to Access 2.0 first. Then 2002 should be able to convert it. Ask around, I am sure someone has Access 2.0 installed. -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07c501c3dd08$3651e740$a401280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Excel 2000 #19
hi recently moved into new office that uses Excel 2000 & Powerpoint 2000 in Win2000 This excel is different from the previous office which uses Win98. Here are some examples. 1. Instead of Ctrl+End to get to end of page, have to use End+Home 2. Sum button does not offer Average 3. Worksheet tab cannot be coloured. 4. Powerpoint does not have slide tab in Normal View (side window) only outline. All the hotkeys and shortcut I have learn cannot be use. My new colleagues think I am an alien... since they are used to the missing functions. Can anyone explain and HELP! HELP! Regards Hi ...

Offline access to a shared mailbox
Is it possible to set up offline access to a group shared mailbox, or can offline access only be granted to a user's own mailbox? if you go into tools / send & recieve groups from the toolbar in xp office, then try to find the other mailbox the users granted access to, it does not appear in the tree available. It will only show you the contents of his own mailbox, and the various folders within that one For info the mailbox required has been added, via the open these additional mailboxes feature, within his profile, which is only available when he is on the network. Rgds Stu ...

Extract & count data from Access program
Hello All, I am new to advanced applications in Excel. Here is my problem. I have an access database that I need to extract data from. The extraction process works fine. i extract the updated data int excel, then I need to count down 45 rows and generate a Page Total heading an show that page total. The hard part is that the extracted data is always expanding. How do extract - get the page totals - continue extracting 45 rows per pag -total each page and show a final total at the end of the existin data? Can anyone please help? Thank You -- ncro -------------------------------------------...

How to compress .pst in Outlook 2000
Can't find any way to do this. My .pst just keeps on getting bigger despite clearing out Sent & Deleted items folders etc. Any ideas? You *compact* it. refer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196890 "Dave Wakefield" <DaveWakefield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7923E741-FAA0-4A9F-9DE3-EC2ADD67A5FF@microsoft.com... > Can't find any way to do this. My .pst just keeps on getting bigger > despite > clearing out Sent & Deleted items folders etc. > > Any ideas? ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Sum multiple fields on a form using access 2007
I have created a form but have 4 fields on that form that i would like to sum and store the total in another field created on the structure. What is the VB code to do that? Summing multiple fields on a form <Summing multiple fields on a form@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a form but have 4 fields on that form that i would like to sum >and store the total in another field created on the structure. What is the >VB code to do that? You should not need any code. Just add a text box in the form's header or footer sectio and use expression...

unhandled error accessing reports through CRM 3.0 Menu
with a lot of effort to customize and deploy meaningful data to it, We have a demo setup up and running. Unfortunately later we realized that accessing Reports through CRM creates an error, but accessing Reports directly through the Browser works just fine. So it seems that there is a problem in ReportServer configuration within CRM3.0 installation. But no idea where to look for it, we don't want also to setup the crm server again. Sitemap looks to be okay. The problem is isolated, as it seems to be with the URL configuration, we access CRM Reports directly through IE as follow:...

Microsoft Word 2007
I was using ALT+X in windows OFFICE 2003 to save my frequently required addresses and was easily able to edit, delete and add in the AUTO TEXT which is now known as BUILDING BLOCKS. I just cannot edit or delete the addresses. Also I had posted my normal dot s in c:\documents and settings\(username)\application data\microsoft\templates ( but I cannot find the same in VISTA). It is very confusing. Please Help ...

Moving Exchange Server 2000 to a new box
I have Exchange Server 2000 running on Server1. I want to move everything to Server2 and remove it from Server1. Can anyone direct me to documentation on doing this? Server1 is running out of disk & horsepower. Install new server in Exchange Org (by default installed in same Admin group). Move mailboxes, replicate public folders. Follow kba 307917 to remove old server. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "pasvorto" <pasvorto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15771012-E135-4BD7-B4DA-...

Query Parser Access
Hi, Does a SQL Server admin have any kind of access to the server's T-SQL parsing engine? I'd like to parse, say, a stored procedure for its tokens (keywords, identifiers, etc.) so I can build an index of its tokens. -- Thank you, Daniel Jameson SQL Server DBA Children's Oncology Group www.childrensoncologygroup.org How about you store the body of the sproc in a column and point Full Text Indexing at it to 'index' its tokens, etc? -- Kevin G. Boles Indicium Resources, Inc. SQL Server MVP kgboles a earthlink dt net "Daniel Jameson...

Public Folder access after migration NEED HELP!
I have a user who's mailbox was recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. After the migration she no longer has access to 2 public folders that she previously had access to. Permissions have her as Custom on the folder being able to Read, Create and edit all items in this calendar. I have set and reset these permissions to no avail. Any reason why she cannot gain access even though permissions for her to have access are specified??? ...

File name problems
I am using Microsoft Office 97 on Windows XP and I am encountering a problem when saving a file. No matter how you type the filename, it only saves to the first letter of the filename (example home becomes h) Any way around this problem? Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away. http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl And maybe this will help: HOW TO: Use Windows Program Compatibility Mode in Windows XP http://support.microsoft....

Size of the PST file too big w/ Outlook 2000
Hi you all! I am using Outlook 2000 and I want to decrease the size of my outlook.pst file. I know that when you get over 1GB, you're heading for problems... I run the archiving on a few folders; it did fine and created the archive files, but the original outlook.pst file has not changed at all in size. Any idea? Nicolas You need to compact the file. Right click on outlook today/personal folders and select properties. select advanced and then compact. "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message news:ehBT45DOEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi you all! &...

access form toolbar
I have a form created for users and I created a custom toolbar for them to use, but everytime I open Access I only see the toolbar I created. Is there a way to just attach it to the form and my access will open with all toolbars showing? Also, if I have a custom toolbar for the form how can it be set so they cannot change it? Click in the properties of the form. You should see an option for a menubar there. Choose your own menubar here (e.g. place the name of the menubar here). Your menubar will now be attached to the form. hth -- Maurice Ausum "Pammy" wrote: > I hav...

COMMAND BUTTONS
i have used office access 2000 and 2003 and have successfully utililized command buttons to transfer control from a primary form to selected records in a sub form showing detail records per a specific record in the primary form. since using access 2007 i have not been able to use this same procedure. using the command button wizard, i click " open the form and find specific data to display " and click next. i select field in primary form and also select field from detail form [ both have same fieldname ] and click < - > to show matching fields, and click next. usi...

Persistent data in Access 2003 forms
Everyone, I have a form which is bound to a table. There are about 10 fields on the form, and my users would like for all but 2 of the fields they enter on this form as part of a new record to persist on the form (like default values) for the next record. I have to be overlooking something... Is there a property on the field that I can set to allow the field values entered to be carried over to the next record? Thanks in advance, Scott On Aug 7, 9:39 pm, Scott.As...@SMNA.com wrote: > Everyone, > > I have a form which is bound to a table. There are about 10 fields on > the ...

error.type command problem in Excel 97
Please notify me if I am posting to the wrong group. REF: I am using Excel 97. I am using ERROR.TYPE command to detect a failed VLOOKUP command. In cell J7, I place the following VLOOKUP command: =VLOOKUP($F$9,QB_Rpt!$B$1:$G$100,4,FALSE) In another cell (A1) , I place the following command: =IF(ERROR.TYPE($J$7)=7,0,$J$7) If the VLOOKUP fails, cell J7 = #N/A (which I believe is error type 7), and cell A1 displays $0.00 as desired. However, if the VLOOKUP is successful, cell J7 = $90.00 (the lookup value), but cell A1 displays #N/A, rather than the desired value of $90.00. This is the sa...

Another Program is trying to access.... do you want to allow
I have a program that needs to sync with the outlook calendar on about 20 stations. I have everything set up and working, however, on a handful of stations, and only on a handful of them, I get the prompt that another program is trying to access contacts (I believe it says contacts). I am not syncing the contacts - there would be 60,000 contacts in everyone's Outlook and we do not want that. We are just syncing the calendar. Problem is, this is an annoyance to my users (and myself) and most users are just canceling the process. Is there ANY way we can get rid of this prompt and...

Access 2007-Duplicate Record Field Capability
Sr. transportation appointment database. The form to schedule appointments has a combo box that completes the client, address, city, and homephone fields as requested by the end user. Added Find and Duplicate record buttons so end user can find an appointment and duplicate the record to schedule the return trip. Buttons work great except that on the return trip record end user needs to type in the address the client is coming from and this not possible because it is already populated from the combo box. Is there any way around this? Thanks for your attention. Sue ...

Create shared Web accessible Notebook in Onenote 2010 beta?
I am working on a small project and want to share a ON 2010 notebook with the rest of the project group. We work from home so we are never on the same local network. I tried to create a shared notebook using the Web option but at step 3 where you are supposed to enter the location, I see: 3. Web Location: Windows Live SkyDrive We are sorry. This service is currently not available. What's going on? Is this feature not available in the beta? BTW, my version is Version: 14.0.45361000 (32-bit) Bob Bob wrote: >I am working on a small project and want to share a ON 2...