Is this possible to have the 97 users with 97 front end, 2000 users
with 2000 front end, 2002 users with 2002 front end, and 2003 users
with 2003 front end all linked up to an access 97 backend?

We are currently planning on upgrading workstations with either 2000,
2002, 2003. the criteria for the specific version will depend on the
IT department. I would like to know if we have several different
office versions will it work to have access 97 as a back end??

thanks in advance
jung
0
picarama

That should work fine.

Same rules as usual: make sure everyone has their own copy of the front end,
preferably on their hard drive.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"JMCN" <picarama@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> Is this possible to have the 97 users with 97 front end, 2000 users
> with 2000 front end, 2002 users with 2002 front end, and 2003 users
> with 2003 front end all linked up to an access 97 backend?
>
> We are currently planning on upgrading workstations with either 2000,
> 2002, 2003. the criteria for the specific version will depend on the
> IT department. I would like to know if we have several different
> office versions will it work to have access 97 as a back end??
>
> thanks in advance
> jung

0
Douglas
5/18/2004 9:30:11 PM
picarama@yahoo.fr (JMCN) wrote:

>Is this possible to have the 97 users with 97 front end, 2000 users
>with 2000 front end, 2002 users with 2002 front end, and 2003 users
>with 2003 front end all linked up to an access 97 backend?

From personal experience A2000 FE works just fine with A97 BEs.   Presumably so would
A2002 and A2003.

Also make sure they are up to date on Jet versions.  And that all users have the same
Jet version.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
wrote:

>From personal experience A2000 FE works just fine with A97 BEs.   Presumably so would
>A2002 and A2003.

I'm trying A2003 against an A97 back end (secured, 60+tables) with no
problems to date.

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.
0
John

Access XP Pro to 2000 version
I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E71FD15-67CD-4DE0-A937-A9F4A0746347@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000. Office "XP" = Office 2002 Office 2000, in other words, was released two years *prior* to Office XP's release. All Office applications are Backwards-compatible. No Office application is Forward-compatible. In Office 2002 (XP), use the "Save As" option to save as 2000. Steve I assume the mdb file is in 200...

Excel 97 #11
How can I change a spreadsheet , so that it opens on sheet 1 every tim someone goes into it , when working on the spreadsheet, it will ope the last page that a save was done on. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your 1st question. Save at the sheet desired or use an auto_open macro in a regular module or a workbook_open event in the ThisWorkbook module that uses sheets("yoursheetname").select -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EADesktop >" <<EADesktop.163m60@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:EADesktop.163m6...

Outlook 2000 not fully closing
Windows XP Home Edition Outlook 2000 Everytime I open and close Outlook, another instance of the program will show up in Windows Task Manager. If I open and close Outlook three times, there will be three instances of Outlook in Windows Task Manager. I also get an email notification in the system tray, with the program closed, even though I've unchecked the notification box. Know what's going on? Thanks. Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (e...

Access 2000 to 97 Conversion
I built a library database for a client in 2000, it uses several check boxes and compb boxes to perform filtering and works well in 2000. In the 97 it does not first it does not like a method I use called application.name and then it does not like the Replace statement I use in my SQL. Everything else works well. The only difference I find in the two is basicall the Microsoft 8.0 objects in the 97 version and the Microsoft 9.0 objects in the 2000. Hen I try to change the 97 version to the 9.0 I am told there is a name conflict and will not permit the selection and when I try to d...

VC .net 2003 IDE subfolder question
I've been using VC6 for a long time, but finally switched to VC .NET 2003 ... in VC6 I was able to put subfolders within a project. But now I can only place subfolders within a SOLUTION (i.e. subfolders are "outside" of the projects). Is there some way to add a folder within the project? When I say "subfolder" I don't mean Windows directories, I mean just in the classview to visually categorize my classes within a project. My projects are pretty large and I just don't want to have to browse the huge list of classes in class view if I'm only working on a spe...

Inserting a Logo into a Report
I am trying to insert a logo in a Access 2007 report I created. I am using the Logo Icon under the Design tab. The logo looks fine in design view, but when exporting the report to a pdf, the logo becomes fuzzy. I have tried different formats (.tif, jpeg, bmp) and also just directly copying the logo from within photoshop, but no luck. Any tips, tricks or hints would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!! The problem is due to the size of the image(Logo). You can open that Logo in paint and try to make the size smaller. Then use that logo. -- <a href="http://...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Winfax 10 causes an error on Exit of Outlook 2003!!
Hi all Just installed Winfax 10 and since doing so, everytime I exit Outlook 2003 I get an error "Microsoft Office Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for this inconvenience." I did view the report prepared for sending to MS and there was mention of the Winfax plugin causing the problem. Anyone know of a workaround or perhaps I need to dump Winfax! Regards John Have you checked with Symantec yet to see if they have managed to get WinFax 10 to work with Outlook 2003? It usually takes them several months to bring WinFax up to speed, if they ever ...

Forward in outlook 2002 / 2003
Hello, I have an e-mail which contains a form. This e-mail must be forwarded to a lot of recipients. I've tested some mail readers, without any problem. But, in MS Outlook 2002 / 2003, when I try to forward the message, the html code changes, converting my <form action='http://xxx' name='f'> into <form>. What I mean is that I lose the essential parameters to send the form. Of course, when I recieve the e-mail forwarded by outlook 2002/2003, and I try to submit the form, it can't be able to send the data, because it have no information about where and how ha...

Compress pictures in word 2000
Hi How can i compress the pictures in my document using word 2000. I can not find it in format picture and am now at a loss -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie ...

How do I make Tags appear in a Process flowsheet in VISIO 2000 ?
Hi I am using Visio 2000 to create a process flowsheet. I am unable to see any Tags for the process equipments drawn on the sheet. Even the Hide Tag doesnt seem to be working. How do i make the Tags show up ? Thanks, Rahul Can you right click on the page to turn them on? Do you see the Process Engineering menu appear in the menu bar? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rahul" <Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6789D41-D698-4F16-A4A9-231FD124A24D@microsoft.co...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

EXCEL 2003
hi Im performing Logical boolean operations using MS Excel. The only problem is that its displaying result set as "TRUE/FALSE" and I want to have the result in binary. Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? please tell me ASAP. thank "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? =--(A1>A2) returns 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE. Similarly for =1*(A1>A2) "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Outlook 2000 & Vista #2
Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible with Vista? If so, where might I find support to complete the installation? I keep getting an "Operation Cancelled" message anytime I try to sign in or set Outlook 2000 as my default. Thanks -- Steve Only 2003 and above is fully compatible OL2k is out of support as is OLxp "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACAE99AB-0EAB-4523-9304-AFAB18AB724C@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible > with > Vista? I...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

Word as Editor in OL 2003
I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. Never mind. "hank" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:OlbM9zNvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a > setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. > Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. > > ...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

outlook 2002 sp3 send/receive interval
Outlook 2002 with sp3 How do I set my "send/receive interval"? Whenever I am > sending a large file, the task details box keeps adding > send/receive tasks and reducing the % completion from > 100% to 50%, to 33%, to 25% etc etc Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e9d201c455bc$c9301280$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Out...

Email randomly not accessible thru OWA
Hello. Using Exchange 2003, OWA 2003, approx. 3,000 outside users with mostly Windwos 2000 or XP Pro. Most users get everything, but some often get "page cannot be found" and these messges contain attachments sometimes, but not always: usually PDF or Word attachments. Downloading mail using Outook or Express seems to help alot, but not with all users. It is happening more more frequently. We run Symantec Antivirus 9.1 and I have removed all the filters for mail within our domain, thinking that would help, but no. Any suggestions are appreciated, as always. MG ...

Access Calendar to Julian Conversions
I have a database with dates in the MM/DD/YYYY format and I need to convert them to julian dates. Is there a built in function in Access that will do this? Depends what you mean by "Julian Date". If you'll looking to represent the date as the day number in the year, (yyyy.ddd, so that today is 2004.177), try: Format(MyDate, "yyyy") & "." & Format(Format(MyDate, "y"), "000") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave" <gatorsteele@cs.com> wrote in message news:217...

Import contacts from received E-Mail in OWA (Outlook Web Access 20
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

2003 Ntbackup and Exchange 5.5
Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? Thanks in advance. You need to install the Exchange 5.5 admin program on the Win2003 box. This wouldn't be a supported config E55/Win2K3. "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote in message news:1148396571.906986.74070@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > > Thanks in advance. > On 23 May 2006 08:02:52 -0700, "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote: >Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > >Thanks in advance. Possibly not supported. The 5.5 admin is not...

Exchange 2003 All Address Lists
In Exchange 2003, under System Manager | Recipients | All Address Lists, I do not want users in Outlook to able to see the default address lists: All Contacts, All Groups, All Users, Public Folders. I would rather create my own Address Lists which contain specific grouping of users. What is the best way to go about this? For example, should I delete the default address lists, and create my own? Yes you can do that. When you say "Groups", let's clarify something. You cannot filter them based on AD domain group membership. You must use an LDAP filter to identify groups...