Is this possible to have the 97 users with 97 front end, 2000 users
with 2000 front end, 2002 users with 2002 front end, and 2003 users
with 2003 front end all linked up to an access 97 backend?

We are currently planning on upgrading workstations with either 2000,
2002, 2003. the criteria for the specific version will depend on the
IT department. I would like to know if we have several different
office versions will it work to have access 97 as a back end??

thanks in advance
jung
0
picarama

That should work fine.

Same rules as usual: make sure everyone has their own copy of the front end,
preferably on their hard drive.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"JMCN" <picarama@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> Is this possible to have the 97 users with 97 front end, 2000 users
> with 2000 front end, 2002 users with 2002 front end, and 2003 users
> with 2003 front end all linked up to an access 97 backend?
>
> We are currently planning on upgrading workstations with either 2000,
> 2002, 2003. the criteria for the specific version will depend on the
> IT department. I would like to know if we have several different
> office versions will it work to have access 97 as a back end??
>
> thanks in advance
> jung

0
Douglas
5/18/2004 9:30:11 PM
picarama@yahoo.fr (JMCN) wrote:

>Is this possible to have the 97 users with 97 front end, 2000 users
>with 2000 front end, 2002 users with 2002 front end, and 2003 users
>with 2003 front end all linked up to an access 97 backend?

From personal experience A2000 FE works just fine with A97 BEs.   Presumably so would
A2002 and A2003.

Also make sure they are up to date on Jet versions.  And that all users have the same
Jet version.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
wrote:

>From personal experience A2000 FE works just fine with A97 BEs.   Presumably so would
>A2002 and A2003.

I'm trying A2003 against an A97 back end (secured, 60+tables) with no
problems to date.

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.
0
John

Password not retained in Outlook 2002 for IMAP server
Hello, My problem is that even though I have checked the 'remember password' option in the mail account settings for my IMAP account, each time I restart Outlook, it will ask me for the password to have access to the IMAP folders. I will then check the 'remember password' option in the dialog box which asks for the password, and won't be ask again for it for a few minutes/hours depending on the moon phase, but will be asked again at some point as if Outlook had magically forgotten (I haven't succeeded to spot a pattern yet, apart that it sometimes happens when I start ...

making cd labels with publisher 2002?
I have windows xp, and publisher 2002. when attempting to print round labels that will fit onto a cd or dvd disk, I find under LABELS menu in PUBLISHER 2002, only square labels. Is there a template available or upgrade available that will enable me to print labels for dvd disks using Publlisher 2002? I just purchased Memorex Label Maker that came with it's own software, but using it proved to be extremely clumsy. I know Publisher and prefer to use Publisher. best, Aaron Pub 2003 has the templates but not 2002. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] <aaronep@pacbell.n...

outlook 2000
how do I fix outlook 2000 email problems? I can receive but not send That is a real bummer Maybe your answer will be in one of the following links How to post to newsgroups: http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Super" <Super@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD8E03...

Public Folders from 2000 to 2003
Hi How would I go about moving public folders from a exchange 2000 > 2003 server? Is there a an article or similar regarding the process? Thanks Use the pfmigrate.wsf script on Exchange Server 2003 CD. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822895 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ----------------------------------- "Bladerunner" <Bladerunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:643C5103-795D-48CC-BA13-1313E8BB4700@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How would I go about moving public folders from a exchange 2000 > 2003 > server? Is there a...

Exchange 2003 migration to Exchange 2003
Our company (ORGA) has just aquired another company (ORGB) that has a seperate Windows 2003 forest and Exchange 2003 Org. We would like to migrate the mailboxes from ORGB to the Exchange 2003 org in ORGA however we want to leave the user accounts present in ORGB. We only want to move the mailboxes for now. What is the best method of moving just the mailboxes? They Exchange 2003 migration utility? I am thinking of running ADMT to migrate user accounts from ORGA over to ORGB but make them disabled accounts. Then use the Exchange migration utility to migrate the mailboxes over? Does...

Spell check error in OWA 2003
Have OWA on Exchange 2003, getting the following error UNLESS we logon with domain\username: The spelling in this item can't be checked. Try again later. It also appears to "time you out" so you have to log back on again if you attempt to do a spell check. Tried the following KB articles, and still no go. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;825430 Our OWA is behind an ISA 2004 server (reverse proxy). Any ideas? ...

OL 2003: Archive only selected subfolders
I used to be able to archive just selected subfolders in OL 2000, although it was annoying to have to reset the autoarchive properties in the main folder. Now that I am using OL 2003, I am confused. It doesn't seem possible to (1) set auto-archive off for all folders (2) turn on auto-archive for selected folders only. If I got this to work again, I could cut my PST file size dramatically. I'm not in imminent danger of hitting the dreaded 1.87 GB limit, but I do need to keep an eye on file size. I live on Outlook <Private@privacy.org> wrote: > I used to be able to a...

Re: Upgrade 2002 Deluxe OEM > 2003 Standard
Hi, I now don't live in the States anymore. What are my options? I tried searching for solutions in the earlier messages but couldn't **** you cannot use a US version money file with a Int version of money.exe or vice versa. there are suggested solutions to this in earlier messages so you can search them out "Nawee Sribhadung" <nawee@sribhadung.com> wrote in message news:epaeK89XDHA.2444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I wanted to upgrade from my original Money 2002 Deluxe OEM (bought in the > US) to 2003 Standard Win32 English Intl (bought in Ho...

Using Outlook 2003 to check netscape mail.
I want to use MS Outlook 2003 to check my netscape mail. I setup the account in MS Outlook for to check netscape mail and it says that it can't log onto the server. Is there anyone who can give me any information on how to fix this? jakebraucht@yahoo.com Won't work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jake asked: | I want to use MS Outlook 2003 ...

Trouble with workstation(s) logging onto SBS 2003
Ok, here's my issue. I have a client who has three workstations, and two offsite VPN - remote users. The server is P4 with 3G of RAM, has a UPS attached and one of the workstations logging on (which has the major issue) is a Windows 7 Professional workstation. She is having issues of it logging onto the server. She claims she has to try it numerous times before it works, losing hours of day's work! (Angry which I don't blame her for). I have checked the server, scanned for viruses, all clean! Visited the Event's Log, found several errors in the log. NETLOGON:...

blank document in Excel 2000
When clicking on a link from the Intranet to an excel document created in excel 97, on a pc that has excel 2000 the document comes up blank. If you click on the back button, and then reclick on the link, it opens up the document. When repeating this process, it appears that the document will open every other time, however, all the other times it will open as a black page. Has anyone expirienced this same issue? If so, is there a resolution? Hi not sure this will help but try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Exc...

Mixed Exchange and Internet Email on Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003
Recently installed a new SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. Have clients using Windows XP Pro with Outlook 2003. On the Outlook 2003 profile I have an Internet POP Account and an Exchange Server Account. If I set the Internet account as the default account, it handles Internet messages properly, but also tries to send local messages via Internet SMTP server. If I set the Exchange account as default, it handles local mail correctly, but sends Internet mail through the Exchange SMTP server with the local email address as the reply address. Therefore, anyone receiving the message is unable to reply s...

Strange Report display problem - XP and Vista
Hi, I have a strange problem in displaying of reports on Windows XP and Vista. My crosstab query display mission records for a particular month, for employees of my organisation. For example if I search by month of "April", the crosstab query will display all staff ( of different departments) who were on mission in April. On Windows Vista the report displays fine, that is the query only fetches records for APRIL. However on an XP system, apart from APRIL records, the report is repeating staff member names along with dates of arrival and exit of previous months. I hav...

Web Access #5
How can I get Outlook 2002 to get mail out of my Outlook Web Access account? (my department is not using a Exchange Server) IF you don't have Exchange server, you don't have Outlook Web Access....Outlook is a mail client, not a server. What kind of mail account do you use? Perhaps your ISP has a webmail feature you can use to check new mail, or you can use www.mail2web.com Steve wrote: > How can I get Outlook 2002 to get mail out of my Outlook > Web Access account? (my department is not using a > Exchange Server) ...

Excel 2000 #12
I have a problem opening and closing excel files. I keep getting error message both on opening and closing files in excel. "Compile error in hidden Module: Initialization" (When opening any excel file) "Compile error in hidden Module: Initialization" (When closing excel file) Can you kindly assist with this. Did you try Tools->macro->visual basic editor and then try to compile the code if there is any. ...

How to move Exchange server 2000 to a new Exchange 2003 server
I have a exchange 2000 server. I want to move it from this server to the other server that run Exchange 2003 server. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks. Hi Andy, Install the Exchange 2003 server into the same org and administrative group as the 2000 server and using ADU&C move the mailboxes from the 2000 server to the 2003 server. Add replicas of all the public and system folders to the 2003 server. After allowing sufficient time for replication, remove the replicas from the 2000 server and then remove the server from the org. You might want to just stop the services on the 2000 se...

Outlook 2003 sending blank emails / text missing from body
Hi I have just upgraded three machines to office 2003, outlook works fine on two machines but the third has the blank email body problem on all sent mails. Has anyone come up with a solution to this:- Every time I send a mail the recipient receives a blank mail, even the mail within the sent items is blank. I have tried changing the mail setting etc but as yet no solution. The set up on the machine is identical to the other two machines; the only difference is that this machine had an existing Outlook 2002 account set up that was imported when 2003 was installed. Therefore it had an existi...

exchange 2000 memory sizing
We're currently running Exchange 5.5 on 8 Windows 2000 Std servers all with 1GB or more of memory. We're already licensed for Exchange 2000 CAL's....and therefore are looking to upgrade to Exchange 2000. The problem? All the documentation I've seen (266096) says that if a server has 1GB or more of memory you need to use the /3GB switch which means you need to be running Windows 2000 AS. So suddenly I have to shell out almost $30,000(CDN) to buy 8 copies of Win2k AS? Not to mention you can't upgrade to Win2k AS - I'd have to do a complete reinstall. Decreasing the mem...

Backup Schedule for 2003 Domain Controllers
We are a small company with only 2 domain controllers both using Windows 2003 Server Standard. Currently we back them with a full backup on Fridays and incremental backups Mon - Thurs. Since we use Active Directory should we be running a full backup every night? If so what folders/files should be backed up each night or do we just backup the entire C drive? Hello raz4183, The minimum backup you need to restore AD is the system state of a DC. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778772(WS.10).aspx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216993 The schedule depends on your am...

Create Groupwise Reminder for Access
Is there a way to create a groupwise reminder note in an Access database? Kind of like a tickler. The note would be sent to certain people, which may not be the same people each time, when an assignment's due date is approaching. The note would continue to be sent each day until the assignment is 'closed' in the database. I know this may be wishful thinking, but I'm trying to figure out a way to do this in Access instead of just having the user create their own notes in Groupwise. Thanks for your help. I don't know this Groupwise however I have a s...

Outlook 2000 thru VPN
I'm trying to setup Outlook 2000 to access my work Exchange server from home via a VPN connection. Since my home PC isn't on a domain, outlook can't seem to find my exchange server when I try to add the service. Any ideas how to do this (short of changing my pc to a domain)? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied
I'm having the following email issue with one of my clients, they are getting. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxx@netonecom.net on 12/29/2003 11:58 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <clarkserv01.ClarkNational.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> The wierd thing is that I am not getting a Application event log event I.D. for this on our server??? Could the problem be on the netonecom.net server?????? Hi Jeff, The problem could possibly be caused by t...

cannot open attachments at the other end
I have Outlook 2K. When I send email with *.doc and *.xls attachments the receiving ends cannot open them. They would receive attachments something like winmail.dat. The attachments cannot be opened with email accounts such as @hotmail, and @dom.com Thank you in advance for your help Change your message format to plain text or html and consider disabling Word 2000 as your e-mail editor. "Tom" <mc_sono@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:03a301c34cbe$35310c90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have Outlook 2K. > When I send email with *.doc and *.xls attachments the > recei...

Print View or Print Paper No start time or end time
How come when i print view or print hard copy of my monthly calendar I dont see the start and end time? "dearcc" <dearcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B8CACE7-6A38-4652-8010-B92713583CAE@microsoft.com... > How come when i print view or print hard copy of my monthly calendar I dont > see the start and end time? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] They only show if the cell is wide enough. Try Landscape format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solut...

get end user agreement every time i sign on to outlook must accept
must accept end user agreement every time i get on outlook since i downloaded windows 7 and reloaded office 2003 Start Outlook or any other Office 2003 application with administrator privileges once and accept the EULA. For step-by-step instructions see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/166 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "accept end user agreement before submitt&qu...