Access 97 09-30-04

How much would it cost to updrage Access 97 to the lastest
and greatest Access? We want all information in tact. Also
what would be the additional cost of maintenance and
operations of Access?

Hi JM,

As far as I know it's not possible to upgrade Access 97 to the current
version, which is Access 2003; you need to buy the full product (whether
by itself or as part of an Office 2003 package). Check prices with your
local suppliers.

Access 2003 can use databases created with Access 97, so you won't lose
any data. Conversion of other stuff - forms, queries, reports, etc. is
mostly automatic: see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA010916581033.aspx?Product=acc2003
for more information including a toolkit to assist in identifying and
eliminating potential problems with conversion.

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:24:11 -0700, "J M"

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.
0
John
9/30/2004 7:25:37 PM
upgrade from Access 97 to Access 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/access/howtobuy/default.mspx

upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2003:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/professional.mspx

(david)

"J M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How much would it cost to updrage Access 97 to the lastest
> and greatest Access? We want all information in tact. Also
> what would be the additional cost of maintenance and
> operations of Access?

0
david

Outlook XP Cannot Access Exchange 5.5
Hi all, We are currently migrating our outlook clients from 2000 to XP. But with some users (1 out of 10) cannot access there mailbox, on our exchange 5.5 SP server, with Outlook XP. They get a dialog asking them for there username and password. When you type in nothing happens no error, you just have retype the password. If they use Outlook 2000 they can there mailbox just fine. I have found MS KB 297781 "You Repeatedly Receive a Prompt for Credentials When You Log On to the E-mail Server" But this seems to be only if access with a pop3 account. Is this a know problem?...

A2K-TOOLS
Hi, i want to create a form to convert several hundreds of A97 dbs to A2K. does anybody know what which routines are behind the Convert to current Database-Version in the A2K-Tools Database Utilities option. How could this be integrated in my form for the convert-loop over the a97-dbs. many thanks f=FCr helping The vast, vast majority of Access 97 databases can be opened in Access 2000 (or any later version) and saved in Access 2000 format. No, I don't have a suggestion as to how you would automate that task. There are, however, some very accomplished Access developers...

Using Access form to assign values of variables in an Excel VBA program
I have created a VBA program for Ms Excel.But,to get desired results, every time, I go into the code to change the values of variables.Is there a way to get the values of variables stored in an Access table? YOu need to do a search for ADO method (ActiveX Data Object). There are plenty of example of code on the web. You need to add two references in your VBA to use the method. from VBA menu tools - References 1) Microsoft Access XX.X object library 2) Microsfot ActiveX Data Objects X.X library Use the latest versio of the two libraries on your PC. You will make a conn...

Filemaker vs. Access
Is Filemaker better than Access? I have been using Access since Access97 and find it quite easy to understand and can pretty much do anything with it. Has anyone used both? Comments please. JB All depends on what you are doing with it. My personal opinion: FileMaker is easier for some things. Access does has some powerful features that are missing in FileMaker. At the same time, a lot of users don't need the extra features. FileMaker can be frustrating at times, just because of terminology difference, if you are going from Access to FileMaker. But once you are used to one o...

CRM License 07-23-04
I recently installed CRM on one of our servers using the sample license key which is only used for 5 users, but as an MCP we are entitled to a 10 user CRM license. Does anyone know where I can obtain this license or who to talk to/email? Thanks. There should be information in your pack of stuff from MS about how to register for your keys. Once you register, they will issue an Org Name/License key combo to you and those values will be needed for your isntallation. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 23 ...

IE8 problems 12-06-09
I don't know what I've done but I wondered if someone could help me with this annoying problem. When I call up a webpage from 'Favourites' the IE8 page with toolbars appear maximised as normal. The actual webpage though is now squashed into the top left hand side of the page still exposing most of the desktop. I've tried to change the zoom but all that does is make the text in the squashed box larger. If I minimise the webpage and then maximise then the page displays correctly but I am sure that there is a setting I must be able to change (but even after tryi...

Should I convert from 97 to 03
I have an application created in access 97 that occationally gets errors that exit access. i.e. "... shut down by Windows. Sorry for the inconvenience." I can not figure out what is causing the error. I thought if I upgraded to 2003 that the error would stop. After reading the message boards it looks like versions after 97 are problem ridden. Since the expense of 2003 for 5 machines is a chunk on change and the potential for more problems appears to exist maybe the conversion is not a good idea. Any thoughts, ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. thank you If the 97 ...

Filling LIstBox with Access users names
Hi Does anyone know how to fill a listbox withthe login names of Database users when Access security has been implemented, i want to be able to delete a user from the system using the listbox to select the user to delete. Many thanks Stuart -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can cycle on the Users collection: For Each x In DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Users ... Next x It would be a matter to append the user name to a list of values. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Stuart Jack via AccessMonster.com" <u31758@uw...

New Account in Outlook 97
I have outlook 97 on my pc but am currently using Outlook Express. I want to set up my existing account on Outlook - how do I do this? Depends on whether you've updated to IMEP or not. Here's a quick step-by-step: * go to the Control Panel > Mail applet * make sure that the profile that's showing (which typically is the contents of your default profile) has the following services in it: - Personal Folders (this defines the location that mail/items can be stored in) - Outlook Address Book (another address book provider - this one takes the electronic addresses from Contacts a...

Data from Excel to Access Table
Hello, I have this code setup in Excel but I want to be able to upload multiple rows at one time. Is there a way to incorporate this into my code? Also, is there a way to upload cells that are blank as well? Right now it won't allow me to upload cells that are blank. Can this be done? Sub UploadData() Dim MyCn As ADODB.Connection Dim SQLStr As String Set MyCn = New ADODB.Connection MyCn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & _ "DBQ=\\Bcar1\bcar-net\Quality-ISO\Quality-Control\BC-Quality-Control\BC QA mdb\BC Quality Action Database.mdb;SystemDB=\...

Data entry slow in an Access project
I am using a form for data entry in an Access 2003 project. The back-end data is on a remote server reached over the internet. The data source for the form is a table with 3200 records. The form also displays 6 sub-forms which display data from child tables of the main table. There is a 3-4 second delay when the user moves from one field to another on the form after modifying an existing record or entering data for a new record. During the delay, the status bar below displays a 'Calculating' message. The table is not actually updated until the user moves to a different record ...

Access Coding from 2003 to 2007
Is there an easy way to find conversion code from Access 2003 to Access 2007 we are currently in the conversion process but not all of our coding is working how we need it to. They all worked in 2003 properly. What's not working? It should be relatively straightforward if you have used only the core libraries (VBA, Access, and DAO), your database is in a trusted location, and you are not too tied to menus/toolbars Generic conversion info: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - ht...

Changing Format of Access Field via Query?
HI all, Here is what i have, two Oracle tables across multiple schemas that I cannot change the actual format in the table. One table has the field = Text The other table has the field = Number/Decimal/10 Precision I need to link these two together to run some data and currently I have been making a temp table and changing the TEXT one to a NUMBER but am wondering if there is a way to change the Format of the TEXT one to a Number in a query which would save me from having to always be making a TEMP TABLE. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.. Aaron Try using an aliased column lik...

Microsoft Access has a problem
I do work for a company which runs Microsof Access on a Terminal Server. Weeks can go by without any problems and then we have a few days where they get the "Microsoft Access has a problem" screen whenever an database is opened. If autostart is disabled and the code behind a form loading is run step by step all is well, but I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. Many thanks Peter Kinsman Dear Peter, 1. Do you have good backups and backup schedule? 2. Could you mention the version of Access that you are running? 2B. What is your structure? Front end on...

access 97 begins without instructions, Why?
My office 97 Access Program begins automatically and it just began to happen. Is there someway to make this from happening? It is very frustrating when your logging into the computer and all of a sudden access 97 starts to run .. dusty68 <dusty68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My office 97 Access Program begins automatically and it just began to happen. > >Is there someway to make this from happening? It is very frustrating when >your logging into the computer and all of a sudden access 97 starts to run .. Check your Start >> All Programs >&g...

Access 97 "Unrecognized Database Format"
After our Novell Server crashed last week, all of the files had to be restored from backup. Some of the Access 97 databases will not open now. The error states "Unrecognized Database Format". The files in question have an .Mde file extension. Any suggestions? Thank you, Sandy M. "Sandy M." <Sandy.Mullen@emersonprocess.com> wrote in message news:0c9901c36d71$e28d9f10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After our Novell Server crashed last week, all of > the files had to be restored from backup. > > Some of the Access 97 databases will not open now. > > The e...

help 04-20-10
since yesterday when ever i try and open an icon on my desk top this message comes up windows cannot access the specified file, pathway you may not have permission to access it? what does this mean and how do i fix it???? Also about a week ago when i was on the internet these system messages kept coming up saying my computer was in trouble and peple were trying to access my personal information and i needed to upgrage my spyware. i couldnt go into any programes except the windows security site and then i had to buy the 6 month protection to access anything on my computer. now ...

MS Exchange problem
Hi We are using Windows 2003 Server and MS Exchange 2003. I get the following message when i tried to access system manager of MS Exchange 2003. "Access is denied, Facility Win32, ID No: c0070005, Exchange System Manager" click ok and it quits. Similarly, I cannot access "Active Directory Users & Computers", it runs ok but when I click on a User object or any object for that matter I get; "Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension, Access is denied, Facility Win32, ID No: c0070005, Exchange System Manager" I click ok then the MMC quits. This ...

How can I open an Access adp file from excel?
I am basically tryi8ng open the database of aan *adp project to be able to manunally work on the tables. Ultematerly I would like to upsize the data base to sql. Wen we double click to open the *adp using access, the application opens, but we can't work the menus to access the database. I understand the *.adp can be opened from excel. In any case, how can we get to the tables? We'd like to re-write the front end, but wopuld like to safe the db design time. Thanks ...

Slow MS Access DB over WAN
We have an MS Access 2000 application run over a WAN (wintel server). It is built with a frontend on the users machine and backend on the shared drive of the server. The shared drive is near the root (2 folders away), is accessed by 50 or less people running Access 2000 to 2003 over the WAN, the backend is less than 50 MBs in size, and has only 150,000 records in it. The DB runs exceptionally slow! Just opening forms or reports can take two minutes each! Very frustrating! We have followed Microsoft's recommendations for building this thing but is so slow that it is not very useable. ...

Money 04 "transfer to" question
I want to save money every week to different "accounts" within my check register. Maybe accounts isn't the right word, but here's what I want to do. Put money away every week towards different savings goals, like car insurance, car repair, etc... Is this the best way? And should the account type be bank or cash? What would be the difference? Thanks Richard I have the same question. -- Parley D. Kennelly Southern California Realtor´┐Ż "Richard" <richard1@ij.net.remove> wrote in message news:%234hchjSjEHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to save mo...

Invalid page fault excel 97, win98
Hi, I have a workbook which is a database with entries via a vb form. It crashes when I make an entry, it seems to have something to do with the data on the sheet, if I load an old backup it works fine, then if i cut and paste records from the new sheet into the old one it then starts to crash in the same way when I then start to add records. Any ideas what may be causing this? Many thanks, Rick ...

MS Access start up: very slow
Hi All, Since a while, starting my MS Access 2000 (on a WXP platform) takes too much time. The average start-up time is approx. 45 seconds. And that's without opening any database. For comparison: starting Word takes about 6 seconds. And starting any other application takes al long as expected. I cannot think what might have caused this change. I was used to a start-up time of several seconds instead of 45 seconds. I already tried to repair the Access and Office installation, but without noticible effect. Who can give my any advise to solve this problem? Thanks in advance! Paul Pau...

Optimize Access forms
Hello Folks, I have one Access application linked with SQL Server. There are few forms loaded with lots of subforms and comboboxes. It takes 1 minute or more to completely load one form. Is there any way I can optimize these forms? There are some comboboxes which contains the same information. Is there any way, I can store the values and then copy it and use it for other comboboxes to populate? This way I might save the time to fetch records from db. I fetched data in rst object and wrote combobox1.Recordset = rst.Clone but it does not seem working. Does anybody have any solid solution or ...

Access 97 to Access 2003 04-04-06
Hi All! Thanking anyone for a reply. Was A97 until I came into work. IT updated it to 2003 while I was away. Sob! Sob! Work to do! I have been told all my A97 databases have to be converted to 2003 by the IT staff. Could I do it myself & what is involved. Regards Peter McCartney Usually it's as simple as opening the database using Access 2003, and letting it convert. You might want to check what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "RBDU" <nsw8235@...