Access 2002 to SQL Server 2000

I'm trying to upgrade an Access 2002 database to SQL
server 2000 using the Access Upgrade Wizard.

First I moved the database to another computer that has
Access 2003, and from there used the upgrade wizard

The wizard upgrads 6 or 7 out of 8 tables, but it always
skips one or two tables.  If I try to import the mdb table
into the new ADP I get an error message "overflow"

Any idea why the wizard keeps skipping these two tables?
The report at the end of the upgrade does not say why the
tables were skipped.

Thanks for your help!
Joe
PS, Microsoft rocks!!!
0
JoeT

> The report at the end of the upgrade does not say why the
> tables were skipped.

Perhaps you have a data error? Maybe an invalid Date?

One option is to try or buy a third party product with
better reporting:

http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/UpsizingPRO/

(david)

"JoeT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to upgrade an Access 2002 database to SQL
> server 2000 using the Access Upgrade Wizard.
>
> First I moved the database to another computer that has
> Access 2003, and from there used the upgrade wizard
>
> The wizard upgrads 6 or 7 out of 8 tables, but it always
> skips one or two tables.  If I try to import the mdb table
> into the new ADP I get an error message "overflow"
>
> Any idea why the wizard keeps skipping these two tables?
> The report at the end of the upgrade does not say why the
> tables were skipped.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Joe
> PS, Microsoft rocks!!!

0
david

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

Monitor Server in 2003?

Re-install Outlook 2002

Outlook 2000 not opening.

users with restricted access

Can't move things to deleted items: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied
This is weird. It looks like I have one user with a damaged 'deleted items' bin. Everyone else is fine. This user had opened up an accout of someone who left the company a while back and apparently tried to delete a few thousand spam messages that they had. Their system eitehr locked up, or they got sick of waiting and did something to stop it, when they did we could no longer mount the information store. I ran several things including an eseutil /p on the database, and then removed the log files and ran the ISINTEG -s server01 -test alltests -fix, which found 2 or three problems and f...

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

Exchange Server Management Pack Guide
Do I need MOM to run the Exchange Server Management Pack Guide on a Exchange 2003 Server? Thanks in advance Rick The management pack guide is just a Word document. Do you mean the pack itself? Nue "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150133167.988870.274140@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Do I need MOM to run the Exchange Server Management Pack Guide on a > Exchange 2003 Server? > > Thanks in advance > > Rick > Sorry, yes the pack itself... Rick Nuevo wrote: > The management pack guide is just a Word document. Do you mean ...

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

no access to send internet email

Statistics Creation on SQL 2005
My db has "auto create statistics" on. For some reason, there are quite a few indexes that don't have statistics. What could be the cause? Thanks in advance Sorry about the bother. I got my answer. "auto create statistics" proces only creates statistics if columns are found in where clause. "RG" wrote: > My db has "auto create statistics" on. For some reason, there are quite a > few indexes that don't have statistics. > > What could be the cause? > > Thanks in advance > My db has "auto...

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...