Access 2000 collaboration via email controls

I am wondering if Access has a similar ability to MS Project: Whereby
tasks(Project) or rows(Access) can be e-mailed from within Access, the
recipient can update fields from their in-box(no need for a copy of
Acess here,) return the email, and have the database automatically
updated upon opening the note.

Is the abilty built-in, or must it be coded?

Regards,
Barry
0
handy_guy00

I have never heard of such an ability.
So you would have to code something.
--
Joe Fallon
Access MVP

"Barry" <handy_guy00@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am wondering if Access has a similar ability to MS Project: Whereby
> tasks(Project) or rows(Access) can be e-mailed from within Access, the
> recipient can update fields from their in-box(no need for a copy of
> Acess here,) return the email, and have the database automatically
> updated upon opening the note.
>
> Is the abilty built-in, or must it be coded?
>
> Regards,
> Barry

0
Joe

restricting sending of email messages #2
My company uses Exchange 2003 with Outlook clients. Currently email users are able to send messages to an address called All Users which sends a message to all addresses in the Global Address Book. I need to configure Exchange so that only a select group of email users can send a message to All Users. Is this controlled by Exchange or AD? Any suggestions on how to accomplish this will be appreciated. ...

incoming emails disappear after 1 minute in Inbox
I have Outlook configured to an Exchange Server. Any email that is delivered to my Inbox gets deleted after 1 minute. I do not even see it in the deleted folder. There are no rules/filters enabled or set. Any ideas? Thanks, Dan danlbradshaw <danlbradshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook configured to an Exchange Server. Any email that is > delivered to my Inbox gets deleted after 1 minute. I do not even see > it in the deleted folder. There are no rules/filters enabled or set. > Any ideas? Do you have the Reading Pane enabled? If so, what'...

Workflow email template droplist not the same as the template list
We have a bunch of templates setup in our CRM 3.0 system as Contact template, viewed by Organization. Individual emails can insert any of the templates. However, we are trying to create an email workflow that sends out a particular template to a contact. When we select Send Email, the drop list of templates to choose from only lists two. Do the templates need to be created by the user who is building the workflow? (I surely hope not!) What else might be preventing me from seeing the complete list of templates? Thanks for any insights. -- Steve Luc Senior Consultant InfoGrow Corp...

Publisher 2000 #5
will Publisher 2000 work with Office XP and Windows XP? Sure will, no issues at all. If for any reason you have any issues, don't hesitate to post back. -- ...

how to change default comment format in excel (2000)
I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do it each time I enter a comment. Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to change the Font size at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default And she has a macro that can do more: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted superiorparties wrote: > > I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each > individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do >...

Problem after adding control
I've added a button to one of my dialogs and now the program crashes in DoDataExchange(): DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_MY_BUTTON, m_MyButton); if I use GetDlgItem() it crashes. What gives? Thanks, Drew Drew wrote: > I've added a button to one of my dialogs and now the program crashes > in DoDataExchange(): > > DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_MY_BUTTON, m_MyButton); > > if I use GetDlgItem() it crashes. What gives? > > Thanks, > Drew > Drew: Crashes? Crashes? What kind of description is this? How can anybody help you with just this information? David Wilkin...

how to auto forward news to an email address
Hello, I am using outlook express 6.0 and log in a newsgroup. I would like to have this function: whenever news message from this newsgroup comes to my news folder, it will be automatically forwarded to email address of my friend. I try to set up rules, unfortunately there is not this rule for news message, while there is this function for email messages. Do you know how to do this task in OE thanks. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explo...

Email Signature Changes Color on Reply
Hello, I work in an environment which uses Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003 and am having the following problem. When an email is replied to that I send from an internal or external user, and then I reply back to that, my signature as well as the original repliers will turn to a red font. The font itself and format etc..is the same, just the color changes. This happens to a few people in the office but not all the time. I've checked all my option setting within Outlook and nothing specifies red as a font color. Any idea of what is going on would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve Just th...

Email from access 11-25-09
Can anyone point me in the right direction for sending emails from an access database. I would like the user to be able to click on a button and have an email sent to an address stored in the table with an attachment created by the access form. (ex. attach an excel sheet to the email). Doing a google search I've only been able to find examples of linking access with outlook, which i do not use. Thanks Glenn There are various solutions depending on your needs. Take a look at the ..SendObject Method or if you wish to automate Outlook then take a look at http://www.d...

Controls on SDI apps.
I've got a situation where I need to add dialog style controls (mostly buttons) on an sdi application. I physically know HOW to do it, but I'm curious about technique. For now, I instantiate a CButton object, followed by a Create() and a ShowWindow(SW_SHOW). Works just fine and dandy. However, I'm suspicious my implementation is somewhat, shall we say, a little belt and suspenders? Let me explain. I did a quick test SDI app. In the view header, I declared a CButton and a 'bool' called bSetControls. I added a member function called SetControls(). IN the View cons...

money 2000 #14
When creating an invoice the description area does not have 2 or more lines of text for a description. You can get only enter 40 characters on 1 line and if you excede 40 characters it does not enter into the another line of text it simply does not show on the invoice. Is there any way to fix this for money 2000 or do I need to purchase a new version of money and if I need to purchase a new version will it have the same problem for the description? ...

Trigger email
Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0 for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person? You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your countdown. Then try the following: Dim strSubject As String Dim strAddress As String Dim strMessage As String Dim blSendEmail as Boolean strSubject = "Countdown reached zero" strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email." If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then ...

Follow up to Delaying sending of emails
Hi, I have a Macro as such: Sub ChangeDelDate() Dim fld As MAPIFolder Dim objItem As MailItem Set fld = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder Set colMsgs = fld.Items For Each objItem In colMsgs If objItem.Class = olMail Then With objItem .DeferredDeliveryTime = "07/07/04 02:30 PM" .Save .Send End With End If Next End Sub The command .Send only sends one email at a time and I get a message asking me to confirm the send. Can I modify the .Send to a Send ALL so that ALL of the email in the selected folder get sent as a ...

Email import to exchange
I would like to import new recipients from another Exchange server (not connected to our LAN) How to do this? I can of course use Exchange Administrator and use directory export (with only Recipients option checked). But when I do in this way I dont know if I will be able to import them to my server (Recipients are connected with windows accounts - so those mailboxes will be "connected" to non existing accounts (from source server)) Need help! Regards Depending on the number of accounts it might be easier to manually create them. The directory export with the all the he...

Strange change in email from workflow when applying service pack 2
Hello, We have a workflow running to inform our relations of the state a incident is in. Before service pack 2 the email always wend to the first contact of an account.... After appying sp2 it is send to the email of the account! With other words, our workflow does not work correctly anymore, it is missing contact data. Can someone tell me why this change is applied in sp2? by design? error? Hope someone can enlighten me, thanks in advance... Eric van der Niet ------=_NextPart_0001_1633E9C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Eric, Thank you for the post and ...

Email #18
I just signed up w/ Road Runner service. I want to use Outlook / Office 97 to send/receive email. I have set it up and am receiving ok....except the emails are coming as txt attachments. Can anyone help me adjust some setting somewhere so that emails come as they should? Thanks in advance! SB Have you applied all the Office97 updates? Also, is the mail in question HTML mail? OL97 doesn't support that (OL98 and above do) "SB" <shan725@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0eed01c3a2f9$36cb37b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just signed up w/ Road Runner service. I want t...

Totally blank emails in Outlook 2007 04-05-10
I use Hotmail and when I see my e-mails from website, I can read all of them. But when I open outlook 2007, some e-mails donot have any contents and subjects. Although the contents and subjects are in web site, they in outlook are missed(blank) but date and data were existed. ...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...

Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2003 on New PC
My old PC has Outlook 2003 and my NEW PC has Outlook 2003. I want to import/migrate my emails and addresses from the OLD PC to the NEW PC. The import options assume you are using older versions of email applications so I have had no success. Copy pst to hd,ensure read only off, then open in OL "John" <jcarruthers@terrasolutionsonline.com> wrote in message news:5e0c01c491fd$e52c36d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My old PC has Outlook 2003 and my NEW PC has Outlook > 2003. I want to import/migrate my emails and addresses > from the OLD PC to the NEW PC. > The import ...

Moving mailboxes within same site Exchange 2000
I am tiring to determine if there are any implications on the client side if I move a mailbox between to Exchange 2000 servers within the same site.(i.e. the loss of Outlook Rules, or the loss of delegates). Hi, The end user should never even know the difference. All rules and Delegates should be fine after the move. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft....

How do I change the name of the person on the email account. The .
When my email account was set up the wrong name was entered, I want to change the name of the person sending the e-mail so that when people receive an email from me my name shows up as the sender kyle wrote: > When my email account was set up the wrong name was entered, I want > to change the name of the person sending the e-mail so that when > people receive an email from me my name shows up as the sender Change your display name in your e-mail account properties. You haven't provided your version of Outlook, so it's hard to tell you much else - and I'm presuming you&...

Access Problem
Hi I am running MS ACCESS XP and i cannot open anything when i create a new database, nothing happens when i click create table by wizards, design etc. the same applies to forms. I have tried eveerything including reinstalling, any ideas i there anyway to completely unistall office from my computer because i believe i have a corrupted installion that may be causing the problem thanks for your time On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:29:31 -0800 (PST), Mikejack2007uk@googlemail.com wrote: You can start uninstall using the setup program. After that, additional cleanup is possible. For example these arti...

upgraded from 2000 to 2003 migrating take too long
Okay.... I upgraded and now it seems like it's stuck on the Migrating Account Settings... BTW this setup is a client and NT4.0 Exchange 5.5 and it's taking forever. I already downloaded all the service packs / updates. Now when I open outlook it has a windows popped up saying it's Migrating Account Settings.. any ideas? ...

Access Runtime License question
Hello If i create an application with Access 2007 full version, can i distribute it freely to be run with Access Runtime 2007 even with business or different kinds of community use? The website says "personal use". Is the usage of Access Runtime 2007 limited from business or community use? Thanks Yes, you're fine. If you check the Access Developer Extensions at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D96A8358-ECE4-4BEE-A844-F81856DCEB67&displaylang=en you'll see "The Access 2007 Developer Extensions provide packaging and d...

HTML emails have grey background
After reinstalling Outlook 2000 on repaired Win98 all incoming and outgoing html emails have a grey background. Even old emails which were saved in backed-up .PST files. I don't see anywhere to "globally" change the background colour of HTML email documents. ...