Access 2.0 to Access 97 09-07-04

I have a vb 3.0 application that accesses data in an
Access 2.0 database. If I convert this database to Access
97 it no longer works saying unrecognizable database
format. Is there some way I can access Access 97 databases
from vb 3.0?
0
Nikki

Hi, Nikki.

> Is there some way I can access Access 97 databases
> from vb 3.0?

You'll probably need to upgrade your VB compiler as well.  VB 3.0 creates
16-bit applications, whereas Access 97 is 32-bit, so if your VB application
is accessing database application objects in addition to accessing data,
then you'll likely run into problems.  The "Unrecognizable database format"
error is due to incompatible database architectures.  Access 2.0 uses Jet
2.x and Access 97 uses Jet 3.x for the database architecture.

If you have access to the VB project's source code, look to see whether the
data access provider is set up to use the Jet 2.x provider, so that you can
try changing it to Jet 3.x before recompiling.  If you don't have access to
the VB project's source code, then you're out of luck.

HTH.

Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips.

(Please remove ZERO_SPAM from my reply E-mail address, so that a message
will be forwarded to me.)

"'69 Camaro" <ForwardZERO_SPAM.To.69Camaro@Spameater.orgZERO_SPAM> wrote in
message news:uTNhdwQlEHA.2884@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi, Nikki.
>
> > Is there some way I can access Access 97 databases
> > from vb 3.0?
>
> You'll probably need to upgrade your VB compiler as well.  VB 3.0 creates
> 16-bit applications, whereas Access 97 is 32-bit, so if your VB
application
> is accessing database application objects in addition to accessing data,
> then you'll likely run into problems.  The "Unrecognizable database
format"
> error is due to incompatible database architectures.  Access 2.0 uses Jet
> 2.x and Access 97 uses Jet 3.x for the database architecture.
>
> If you have access to the VB project's source code, look to see whether
the
> data access provider is set up to use the Jet 2.x provider, so that you
can
> try changing it to Jet 3.x before recompiling.  If you don't have access
> the VB project's source code, then you're out of luck.

As you said, Gunny, Jet 3.x is 32 bit, and VB3 was only 16 bit, so it's
doubtful that you'd be able to change the reference.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

0
Douglas

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

outlook won't close #2
The knowledge center refers to this problem as OL98: Outlook Continues To Run After You Quit Outlook View products that this article applies to. This article was previously published under Q263530. When I close the program, it keeps running. The article says that Microsoft has a fix, but the fix isn't listed or shown as downloadable. It does say I can pay 35 dollars for the fix though! Does anyone have this fix or know where I can get it? If you apply http://download.microsoft.com/download/outlook98/Update/98/WIN98/EN-US/o98Attch.exe, then you would be above the version num...

I see that Publisher 97 can be upgraded to 2003; what about 98?
I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is that right? Publisher 98 qualifies... http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/howtobuy/default.mspx#EEAA -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gigi" <Gigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B2DD01C-2139-4D96-9821-7D3E41D553D5@microsoft.com... >I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says > that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is...

MS Access 2003 and Outlook 2003/Website
I'm working with someone developing a website for our company, and had some questions. I've read alot of resources and articles on how to integraste these thigns, but can't seem to get to the right spot. What we want to do, is have a webpage, that a customer can access, fill out a small form for RMA requests, then either email that to a specific email address which would be filtered to a folde rin outlook, and then have the Access database look in that folder for new emails and add that info in to the db. I have that part partially figured out, but another option we were ...

RMS and PC Charge #2
Just got PC Charge setup on the register here today. We are using RMS as our POS. Is there a setup between the two or does RMS automatically know to look for PC Charge. The PC Charge people told me to call my RMS dealer. Yeah, wish I had one of those. Any help would be appreciated. C Sharks fear you, Could you send your email address + your question to Michelle Goodman and ask her to forward it to me? Thanks, Kevin Pham -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sharks Fear Me" <SharksFearMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

accessing address book in Outlook 2002
I recently had a fire and had to get a new computer. My ISP is MSN dialup. My new computer has Outlook 2002 and I want to use this instead of Hotmail to access my mail. I now am able to send and receive messages through Outlook but I cannot access my address book that I had with Hotmail. I need help b/c i have 3 pages of contacts!! You have to use your browser to access the web based address book at Hotmail. Outlook is better used for POP mail. >-----Original Message----- >I recently had a fire and had to get a new computer. My >ISP is MSN dialup. My new computer has...

MS Point of Sale 2.0
For opening and closing amounts, we keep a set amount of cash in the drawer. During business, cash and checks are accepted. At the end of day, we are doing a "drop" of the amount of cash AND checks added together (since POS does not have a position to do "check drop". We still balance overall but the z report indicates the overage/shortage of the check amount in the close section. Is this the correct way to close? Should there be position to enter the amount of checks that we are dropping? If we leave the amount of checks in the closing amounts window, will POS ...

Scatter Chart Question #2
Hi Folks: I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to. When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I expect in the yellow box. My question: Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the pop-up ?? Many thanks Steve You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside turning them on and off. If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com). To show a picture you will have to r...

Saved Queries #2
We are using Exchange Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003. On our DC, I created a number of Saved Queries that provide a list of members for our mail-enabled distribution lists. Right now the only fileds that appear in the result is the Name and Type (contact, user). In order to get the Display name and Email addresses to appear, I have to go to View --> Add/Remove Columns and add them that way. Is there a way to use the AND operator when setting up the queries? Also, I found out that you can export the query definition and then import it but you can't export the saved querie...

The page cannot be found #2
Exchange 2003, OWA 2003 &Outlook 2003. Outside company premise, when using OWA to read mails, some mails cannot be displayed. It shows "The page cannot be found". When read mails in company premise (LAN connectivity) using either OWA or Outlook, it has no problem. What goes wrong???? We have a customer with the exact same problem. Certain messages can not be displayed in OWA from outside, while those same messages can be read from inside using Outlook or OWA. Dean "Emyeu" wrote: > Exchange 2003, OWA 2003 &Outlook 2003. > Outside company premise, when...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style #2
Hi, I have a dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with the visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region when I move the application out of the screen; only if I go to the bottom of the screen. It's OK if I go out by the right side. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Do you know how could I solve this problem? Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks It's a known problem in XP (non-client area is erased incorrectly between scrollbars). Will it ever get fixed? I would not bet on it. &qu...

Query--using Access 2007
I have a tblAddress table with a lookup field called TypeofAddressID. A company may have many addresses with different TypeofAddressID—such as 1 = Business, 2 = Mailstop, 3 = PO Box, and so on. I need to pull out TypeofAddressID # 1. Then if a 1 is not available, give me the type that is (which may be the PO address or Mailstop). I tried DLookup, Xor, and IIf([TypeofAddressID]=1, 1, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=2, 2, IIf([TypeofAddressID]=3, 3, 4))), but it is listing all addresses per company instead of either or. Any suggestions? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster....

Excel Combo Box #2
I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten different selections. The combo box is linked to a cell. I want the selection in the combo box displayed in the linked cell. What I get know is the line number. How do I correct this? Instead of using the combo on the forms toolbar, try using the combo on the control toolbar (View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox) and then set the look up range and linked cell from the combo's properties. HTH Paul >-----Original Message----- >I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten >different selections. The combo box is linked ...

dropdown menu #2
I have a list of over a thousand names in a dropdown menu. I would like to start typing a name in the cell (in the dropdown menu) and have excel automatically recognize the name and go to that name in the dropdown menu before I even finish typing the full name. How do I do this? thanks. Use a combobox, it works that way. -- HTH Bob Phillips ""PA via OfficeKB.com"" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:50EBF401BCE61@OfficeKB.com... > I have a list of over a thousand names in a dropdown menu. I would like to > start typing a name in the cell (in the dr...

Data Validation
What I am trying to achieve is a drop down list that would look something like this: D1a - suipplies F1g - cell phones C2a - travel E4b - computers and so on and so forth. I can do that. What I would like to happen though is in the same cell that the drop down box is in (a29) I would like to select one of those options and only have D1a, or F1f, ect show up in the cell. The words are just references to my budget, and I don't nned them after I selected the right one. Is this possible? I am somewhat new to excel and have never went into the visual basic editor and I don't have...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...

CRM 3.0
Is anyone using the Cisco VPN Client to connect remote CRM users either with the IE and/or the Outlook Client interface. Are there any performance issues over broadband, ??? Also, what are the recommended bandwidths both ends??? Some travelling field staff need to connect remotely thru dial up connections (56k) - (ie. Remote location has no broadband available) How does this option perform, ??? a) Online thru IE7 Interface b) Online thru Outlook Client Interface c) Syncronising the Outlook Client image with the Master CRM 3.0 Database Is this a feasible option ???? TIA ...

server localhost is not responding 02-12-04
when i try to open the workflow manager, i found this problem The server localhost is not responding. The might happen if it is currently unavailabel, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient priviledge to run workflow manager i logged in as administrator do you have standard edition? i think you need professional edition license to use workflow manager, otherwise you edit workflows with scripts. but i am not entirely sure, perhaps someone else can confirm this... dan >-----Original Message----- >when i try to open the workflow manager, i found this p...

Formula to pull last name error (Excel 07)
In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. I tried using the function =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(“*”,SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,”*”,LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,””))))) but am getting the #NAME? error. FYI: I can't use the Text to Columns function because I have some names that have at least 2 middle names... Thanks -B Maybe something like that... [Start typing the formula(s) in column C first] http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/346/nonamer.png Micky "Outlook, eh?" wrote: > In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. > > I t...

"Native" e-mail from access
Hi All, Is there code out there that I can copy that makes a native e-mail window open for users to send e-mails? What I want is for an outlook (or whatever) e-mail window to open like it does when you click a hyperlink. Just to clarify, I've made the SendObject call work for behind the scenes sending, and am looking at the redemption library to get around the Outlook security popup. What I want is an actual Outlook window (or a window from whatever the default e-mail program is on the machine) to open so the user can create a message from scratch. I appreciate an...

COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() problem #2
Hello, I have ported a VS.NET 2003/MFC7 application to VS 2005/MFC8 and encountered a problem with COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() which worked fine with MFC7. Sometimes I get an invalid COleDateTime object from GetCurrentTime() (m_status equals COleDateTime::invalid). I tracked the problem down to AtlConvertSystemTimeToVariantTime() which is called during conversion from SYSTEMTIME to double time representation. AtlConvertSystemTimeToVariantTime() calls SystemTimeToVariantTime() to convert from SYSTEMTIME to double. VariantTimeToSystemTime is used then to convert the result back to SY...

Unable to relay #2
I added a new domain to the recipient policy and everything works fine if I send mail to it from the server itself but when I try to sent from an external e-mail address it comes back with the "unable to relay for newdomain.com" message. Why would that be? The server is running Exchange 2000 with all the latest sp's and updates. The mailbox that I'm sending to lives on another server running Exchange 2003 (+latest updates) that's in the same routing group. Port 25 on the 2K3 system is not open to the outside world so all mail for mailboxes living on the 2K and ...

How to count how many times a user accesses CRM
Hi. For internal audit purposes, I need a way to count how many times each CRM user logs into the system (in a period of time). Is there any CRM or server option to make this count? Many thanks You can try to use one of these methods of reporting on CRM Usage: https://community.dynamics.com/blogs/hardworkdays/archive/2010/04/13/crm-usage-report.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2009/04/08/crm-usage-reporting-unleashed.aspx Michael D. Mayo "Claudio Casonato" wrote: > Hi. > For internal audit purposes, I need a way to count how many times each CRM > user logs in...

DLookUp Help 08-21-07
I am working on a subform for an orders database. The subform is based on a query called qryOrdersExtended, the fields are as such: OrderID tblOrderDetails ServicesID tblOrderDetails ServicesName tblServices UnitPrice tblOrderDetails Quantity tblOrderQuantity ExtendedPrice: CCur([tblOrdersDetail].UnitPrice*[Quantity]) On the AfterUpdate on the combobox with the ServicesID and ServicesName (SELECT DISTINCT tblServices.ServicesID, tblServices.ServicesName FROM tblServices ORDER BY tblServices.ServicesName;) The code used as follows: Private Sub Service...

Switching Profiles #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C42602.CE48E3D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have outlook 2002. I created 2 profiles, one for personal and one for = work. I have not been able to figure out how I can switch from one to = the other without closing outlook and going back in a gain. I have read = the posts in this newsgroup, but I do not see it. If it is here, can = some please direct? Thank You! Deb ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C42602.CE48E3D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=&q...