Access 2.0 to 2000 or XP

Has anyone tried to convert an Access 2.0 database to a
2000 or XP database.  I tried it and I also modified all
of the code that seemed to be incompatible, it works, but
it still acts like there are some bugs. When clicking on
the icon it will open, but after closing once or twice
that same icon will start showing the properties instead
of launching the program or highlight other icons around
it and open other files all at once. I'm running windows
2000 pro and the database I need to convert is still being
used daily. I've tried importing the tables and reports,
converting, etc. If anyone has experience with this please
lend me your expertise! Thanks!
0
Alex

> of launching the program or highlight other icons around
> it and open other files all at once. I'm running windows

It sounds like you have trouble with Windows, not with Access?
Are these icons on your Windows Desktop?

(david)

"Alex" <alexag@pciaerospace.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone tried to convert an Access 2.0 database to a
> 2000 or XP database.  I tried it and I also modified all
> of the code that seemed to be incompatible, it works, but
> it still acts like there are some bugs. When clicking on
> the icon it will open, but after closing once or twice
> that same icon will start showing the properties instead
> of launching the program or highlight other icons around
> it and open other files all at once. I'm running windows
> 2000 pro and the database I need to convert is still being
> used daily. I've tried importing the tables and reports,
> converting, etc. If anyone has experience with this please
> lend me your expertise! Thanks!

0
david
8/14/2003 2:18:51 AM
It sound's like a Windows Install problem, not Office XP.
(Or even a problem with your PC hardware, like a sticking
mouse button)
Are you having any other problems?

> The icons can be on the desktop or in a folder.
> I've tried it on several different computers with the same
> result.
>

> >It sounds like you have trouble with Windows, not with
> Access?
> >Are these icons on your Windows Desktop?
> >
> >(david)

0
david
8/15/2003 5:17:23 AM
I'm having the same problem. I also need a source for
Access 2 to load in my computer to allow me to compile
the code. Access 97 says the database is not compiled
and, because it is in a read-only state, cannot be
converted. Do you know where I can get a source for
Access 2?

0
Sandy
8/16/2003 6:42:36 PM
Sandy

We can attempt the conversion for you if required. If we cannot
convert the database there will be no fee.

Otherwise, I suggest ebay for a copy of Access 2.0

"Sandy Shin" <SandyShin@msn.com> wrote:

>I'm having the same problem. I also need a source for
>Access 2 to load in my computer to allow me to compile
>the code. Access 97 says the database is not compiled
>and, because it is in a read-only state, cannot be
>converted. Do you know where I can get a source for
>Access 2?

  ,-._|\    David Aylott (Author of Access Version Checking utility)
 /  Oz  \   ng999@bigfoot.com (Melbourne, Australia)
 \_,--.x/   Shareware, FAQ, hints & tips at:
       v    http://www.aylott.com.au/
0
David

Delegation #2
My company recently converted from a Groupwise email system to Outlook. In groupwise, I set up proxy access for users to access other mailboxes, such as a fax or helpdesk mailbox. With the new setup, our biggest problem is that when users send from the other accounts, the emails go into their own sent folders--not the account they emailed from (like fax or helpdesk). This is important because more than one person may monitor those boxes and there needs to be a history of who sent what were. Is there something I am doing wrong? I thought it was a delegation thing because all the instruct...

T-bills and investments #2
I am stuck trying to post purchases & sales of T-bills. The number just don't seem to work out right when I look at the transactions, and I cannot figure out how to get the interest and renewals to post. My problem is when I "buy" a t-bill for 990 ($1000 discounted), it values the T-bill at 9.90. That does not seem right to me, there must be something wrong. The investment is set up as a treasury account (not on-line), and I'm just trying to post my purchases. Can someone help me to figure out how to post these discounted bonds or tell me where I can find help ...

2 DBs connections + commit/rollback
Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3rd comp. .net driver we use... but the situation: Open FB tran and MSSQL tran... If the commit fails on FB that is first executed, the MSSQL (2nd step) is not executed, no problem... but how can I do a FB rollback that was commited if the MSSQL fails on commit? Have you ever seen this? Thanks Paulo Roberto wrote: > Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because > FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3r...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

can't save due to sharing violation #2
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. "Jusal" wrote: > unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to > sharing violation, but no other file is open. This happens to me all the time and I have no idea why. I'm the only one who is using this computer . . . no network, no other users. Yet for no obvious reason and somewhat randomly I get that condition message. It sure eats up a lot of time. I have to save the file under a different (temporary) na...

CRM 3.0 Reports Link Not working
I installed CRM on one server and the Database on another. Everything seems to work fine except for the Reports Link listed in the workplace. This is the error I get: ERROR An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. I wish it was that simple, but I am the administrator. In the event log on the CRM Server I see nothing. On the SQL box the only strange thing I see is a 18456 Event for the user NT Authority\Anonymous Logon coming from the CRM servers IP. HELP!!!! A well known issue. Here is a hint from one of the older postings here: Have you loo...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

How Long Can Release 1.2 Still Be Purchased?
Hi, I know that support for 1.2 ends at the end of October, 2006. But does anyone know when purchases and sale (and the capability of getting registration keys) of release 1.2 ends? We work with a 3rd party ISV and their product won't be ready for 3.0 for quite a few more months and I am trying to figure out our response to clients who need this add-on and want CRM. Thanks. Alan ...

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

GP 8.0 Analytical Accounting Co. Activation running too long
I have just installed AA for a client. The "Inital Install" went ok. I did the "Company Install" for each company (4 of them) which went ok. On the "Activate Analytial Accounting", the 1st 3 companies took about 15 mins. each. The 4th, and largest, company has been running overnight. What would cause this to still be running (no one is in the company)? If I stop the "Activate" process, can I just restart it? ...

Help question answer please up grading from 2000-2003
I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not comp. savy but trying to do a safe update and need some advice. I backed up all office files, contacts e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000 first. So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install 2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ? If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south thats why I am ...

Excel to access conversion
I have an isp client that has data on Excel spreadsheets across 10 different servers that needs to be imported to Access. It is reporting data containing service records. That is one part the other part is some planning done by the team. I have to import all this data into the database once it is created. Am I right in expecting that once this is done all of the procedures done in Excel should go away and it all be done in Access? It sounds like they like doing the planning in Excel. How do you know what should be done in Excel and what should be done in Access? Thanks, Suggest you l...

Disc access when scrolling through my emails
Hi, I have a problem with my outlook 2003 (Win XP): Every time I scroll through the list of emails outlook accesses the hard disc even if I do not open the email and the preview window is deactivated. The result is a pause before I can go to the next email in the list. Surprisingly the problem is solved if I open the email and close it. Next time I navigate to that email in the list there is no disc access (seems to be cached). Unfortunatly if I close Outlook an reopen it, the whole story starts from the beginning... Does anybody have an idea ? Thanks Urs ...

Set Outlook 2000 up for Hotmail Account
i am running Outlook 2000 and amd trying to set it up to work with hotmail. The only help that i can find is for Outlook 2002 or 2003. Help. Um, that is because Hotmail is not supported in Outlook 2000? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, sarah asked: | i am running Outlook 2000 and amd trying to set it up to | work with hotmail. The only help that i can find is for | Outlook 2...

cannot access reports remotely via web
Hi, When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports Logon Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses." However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am able to view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the builtin user account. Anything I missed here? Regards, JM Try this critical update.... http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-017.mspx Peter "Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message news:eGNo0w9Z...

Access Office file that has been opened by another user
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel We have some type of Windows server that we use to share Office files (Word and Excel mainly). Using a Mac, if I try to open a file that someone else is editing on a windows machine, I get the following error message: "The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." I cannot copy this file either. Using Windows, if I try to open the same file, I get a message that I have to open it as read-only but it will open fine and allow me to...

Deleting transactions #2
Help! We had problems with one of our registers and we had to replace the PC that we were using and and when we finally got all ready to operate we lost everything that we had rung in (which we re-entered later) but now when we run a detailed sales report for that day it shows all of the sales that we cannot see in the journal but they show on the report, I want to delete them but there is not a batch for those transactions only the transaction # and I do not want to delete all of the transactions just the ones that are incorrect for that day. I hope someone can help Thanks! You can v...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2
In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box whitch contains folders. How does one edit these folders (remove.) Thanks...Keith Right click and remove, it is under the search folders. If you do not want any just choose folder list insetead of mail "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cRa%b.9581$aT1.8218@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box > whitch contains folders. > > How does one edit these folders (remove.) > > Thanks...

Adress Book #2
In the help file it states... "The Outlook Address Book is created automatically and contains the contacts in your Contacts folder" I imported my contcts from a .csv file and the address book was not automatically created. So when I make a new e-mail press "to" the outlook address book is empty and if I try to add a new entry to the outlook address book is says "a new entry could not be added. PLease use the contacts module to create this entry." to which if I do it still does not show up in the address book ? Thanks Keith You will need to include some in...

CRM SF Outlook: Succesful Install, cannot access though
Can some one plz explain stepwise how to access CRM SFO. I cant locate any documentation to it. Thugh it has been succesfuly installed on my machine. Please guide me how to go around with it. Thanks g Best bet for free documentation is the Implementation Guide. Also this excellent site: http://www.mscrmexperts.com which happens to host a white paper you might be interested in on the SFO. info@sharedcal.co.uk www.sharedcal.co.uk Your fast route for team calendar view sharing in MSCRM 1.2! "Gautam Sachdev" <gautamsachdeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:739B7E8A-828E-415...

Pivot Chart/Report Help
I need some serious help here. I've been trying to figure this one out for 3 days now and I'm getting nowhere. I've searched google extensively for anyone else that might have been having this issue but come up with nothing. OK, I have a very simple pie chart created in Access 2003. It is basically just a form in which the default view is set to "Pivot Chart." If I view this on the screen, it looks fine. If I print out the form, the chart is upside down and backwards. If I print out the report in which the form is a sub-report, the chart is upside down and backward...

auto track outlook mails in crm 4.0
Hi all, In order to auto track outlook emails in crm 4.0, I have done followings but it does not working, can anyone help me pls?. Thanks. CRM-> Settings -> Adminstration -> Users Select the specific user and under the general tab (which whould be the default tab shown) there is a section called E-Mail Access Configuration. Select the incoming to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. If you would like CRM to send email outgoing, you can do so under the outgoing property but for my setup, we leave it at None. Now, go into the dropdown option in Outlook Outlook -> CRM -> Opt...

Strange 5.2.1 error
Greets, Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I have a public folder that is e-mail enabled, that certain users send to. Everything works fine, except for one user, who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. I have obtained the Hot Fix referenced in 870585, but that did not fix it. Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the Exchange Enterprise Servers group has read perms to. I have cross-referenced group memberships comparing users who CAN send to the folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. I am going to remove he...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

Unable to open html attachment in outlook 2000 (Please help)
Currently using outlook 2000. Got an attachment html link. Click open, a new windows --> system32 opened. Click onto the attachment again, Click save as, into my computer, double click the link, then it able to open in IE. Q: Why can't I open it directly, instead I have to save the attachment before open the html file. Please help. Thanks & Regards James something is messed up if it's opening a windows explorer window. I think you'll need to reregister IE. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...