2003 code raises error in 2007

I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in 
Access 2003.
In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid 
reference to the property Form/Report."

This is the snippet of code:


Private Sub SetFormProperties()
'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected

Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control
Dim frm As Form

If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then
    Set frm = Me
   
    'set main form edit options
    EditProperties frm

    'set subform edit options
     For Each ctrl In frm
        If ctrl.ControlType = acSubform Then
                EditProperties Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form
                For Each ctrlSub In ctrl.Form
   
                'subforms can have subforms!
                    If ctrlSub.ControlType = acSubform Then
                            EditProperties 
Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form.Controls(ctrlSub.Name).Form   ' 
THIS IS THE LINE THAT CAUSES THE ERROR!!
                    End If
                Next ctrlSub
        End If
     Next ctrl
End If
End Sub



Sub EditProperties(frm As Form)
'this only gets called when Edit mode is true, as forms are opened 
read-only otherwise.

With frm
        .AllowAdditions = True
        .AllowEdits = True
        .AllowDeletions = True
End With
End Sub


Thanks if you can help me,
Kate
0
Kate
9/24/2009 9:57:58 PM
access.conversion 3037 articles. 0 followers. Follow

12 Replies
1118 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

Might be one of those quirks in 2007. Looks like references problem although
you might not have any missing references.

If compact and repair and recompiling your code did not work.

Here what we can do at least.

Go to Tools – References

Record down all the references you have. Delete all references and click OK
and exit the database. 

Reopen your DB again, re-select your references again and exit your DB.

Open your DB again and test.

See if that works for you.

If it still doesn’t, do a decompile here a site on this.

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm

Note: Do a back of your database first.


Kate wrote:
>I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in 
>Access 2003.
>In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid 
>reference to the property Form/Report."
>
>This is the snippet of code:
>
>Private Sub SetFormProperties()
>'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected
>
>Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control
>Dim frm As Form
>
>If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then
>    Set frm = Me
>   
>    'set main form edit options
>    EditProperties frm
>
>    'set subform edit options
>     For Each ctrl In frm
>        If ctrl.ControlType = acSubform Then
>                EditProperties Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form
>                For Each ctrlSub In ctrl.Form
>   
>                'subforms can have subforms!
>                    If ctrlSub.ControlType = acSubform Then
>                            EditProperties 
>Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form.Controls(ctrlSub.Name).Form   ' 
>THIS IS THE LINE THAT CAUSES THE ERROR!!
>                    End If
>                Next ctrlSub
>        End If
>     Next ctrl
>End If
>End Sub
>
>Sub EditProperties(frm As Form)
>'this only gets called when Edit mode is true, as forms are opened 
>read-only otherwise.
>
>With frm
>        .AllowAdditions = True
>        .AllowEdits = True
>        .AllowDeletions = True
>End With
>End Sub
>
>Thanks if you can help me,
>Kate

-- 
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conversion/200909/1

0
AccessVandal
9/25/2009 7:00:58 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstand the problem. It is 
the fully-qualified reference to the
form that is the problem, not a missing VBA reference.

AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Might be one of those quirks in 2007. Looks like references problem although
> you might not have any missing references.
>
> If compact and repair and recompiling your code did not work.
>
> Here what we can do at least.
>
> Go to Tools � References
>
> Record down all the references you have. Delete all references and click OK
> and exit the database. 
>
> Reopen your DB again, re-select your references again and exit your DB.
>
> Open your DB again and test.
>
> See if that works for you.
>
> If it still doesn�t, do a decompile here a site on this.
>
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm
>
> Note: Do a back of your database first.
>
>
> Kate wrote:
>   
>> I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in 
>> Access 2003.
>> In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid 
>> reference to the property Form/Report."
>>
>> This is the snippet of code:
>>
>> Private Sub SetFormProperties()
>> 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected
>>
>> Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control
>> Dim frm As Form
>>
>> If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then
>>    Set frm = Me
>>   
>>    'set main form edit options
>>    EditProperties frm
>>
>>    'set subform edit options
>>     For Each ctrl In frm
>>        If ctrl.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>                EditProperties Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form
>>                For Each ctrlSub In ctrl.Form
>>   
>>                'subforms can have subforms!
>>                    If ctrlSub.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>                            EditProperties 
>> Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form.Controls(ctrlSub.Name).Form   ' 
>> THIS IS THE LINE THAT CAUSES THE ERROR!!
>>                    End If
>>                Next ctrlSub
>>        End If
>>     Next ctrl
>> End If
>> End Sub
>>
>> Sub EditProperties(frm As Form)
>> 'this only gets called when Edit mode is true, as forms are opened 
>> read-only otherwise.
>>
>> With frm
>>        .AllowAdditions = True
>>        .AllowEdits = True
>>        .AllowDeletions = True
>> End With
>> End Sub
>>
>> Thanks if you can help me,
>> Kate
>>     
>
>   
0
Kate
9/25/2009 3:20:57 PM
Nonetheless, you might consider it. It a worthwhile try to get your DB
working.

Kate wrote:
>Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstand the problem. It is 
>the fully-qualified reference to the
>form that is the problem, not a missing VBA reference.

-- 
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com

0
AccessVandal
9/26/2009 5:31:50 AM
I did implement all of those suggestions, with no change in the error.

AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Nonetheless, you might consider it. It a worthwhile try to get your DB
> working.
>
> Kate wrote:
>   
>> Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstand the problem. It is 
>> the fully-qualified reference to the
>> form that is the problem, not a missing VBA reference.
>>     
>
>   
0
Kate
9/28/2009 1:16:08 PM
Kate, refer to your other thread on my reply.

Kate wrote:
>I did implement all of those suggestions, with no change in the error.

-- 
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

Message posted via AccessMonster.com
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conversion/200909/1

0
AccessVandal
9/29/2009 1:44:58 AM
"AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com" <u18947@uwe> wrote in message 
news:9ca2823b12739@uwe...
> Might be one of those quirks in 2007. Looks like references problem 
> although
> you might not have any missing references.
>
> If compact and repair and recompiling your code did not work.
>
> Here what we can do at least.
>
> Go to Tools - References
>
> Record down all the references you have. Delete all references and click 
> OK
> and exit the database.
>
> Reopen your DB again, re-select your references again and exit your DB.
>
> Open your DB again and test.
>
> See if that works for you.
>
> If it still doesn't, do a decompile here a site on this.
>
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm
>
> Note: Do a back of your database first.
>
>
> Kate wrote:
>>I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in
>>Access 2003.
>>In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid
>>reference to the property Form/Report."
>>
>>This is the snippet of code:
>>
>>Private Sub SetFormProperties()
>>'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected
>>
>>Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control
>>Dim frm As Form
>>
>>If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then
>>    Set frm = Me
>>
>>    'set main form edit options
>>    EditProperties frm
>>
>>    'set subform edit options
>>     For Each ctrl In frm
>>        If ctrl.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>                EditProperties Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form
>>                For Each ctrlSub In ctrl.Form
>>
>>                'subforms can have subforms!
>>                    If ctrlSub.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>                            EditProperties
>>Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form.Controls(ctrlSub.Name).Form   '
>>THIS IS THE LINE THAT CAUSES THE ERROR!!
>>                    End If
>>                Next ctrlSub
>>        End If
>>     Next ctrl
>>End If
>>End Sub
>>
>>Sub EditProperties(frm As Form)
>>'this only gets called when Edit mode is true, as forms are opened
>>read-only otherwise.
>>
>>With frm
>>        .AllowAdditions = True
>>        .AllowEdits = True
>>        .AllowDeletions = True
>>End With
>>End Sub
>>
>>Thanks if you can help me,
>>Kate
>
> -- 
> Please Rate the posting if helps you.
>
> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conversion/200909/1
> 


0
o
10/10/2009 1:33:48 PM
"AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com" <u18947@uwe> wrote in message 
news:9ca2823b12739@uwe...
> Might be one of those quirks in 2007. Looks like references problem 
> although
> you might not have any missing references.
>
> If compact and repair and recompiling your code did not work.
>
> Here what we can do at least.
>
> Go to Tools - References
>
> Record down all the references you have. Delete all references and click 
> OK
> and exit the database.
>
> Reopen your DB again, re-select your references again and exit your DB.
>
> Open your DB again and test.
>
> See if that works for you.
>
> If it still doesn't, do a decompile here a site on this.
>
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm
>
> Note: Do a back of your database first.
> >
> Kate wrote:
>>I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in
>>Access 2003.
>>In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid
>>reference to the property Form/Report."
>>
>>This is the snippet of code:
>>
>>Private Sub SetFormProperties()
>>'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected
>>
>>Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control
>>Dim frm As Form
>>
>>If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then
>>    Set frm = Me
>>
>>    'set main form edit options
>>    EditProperties frm
>>
>>    'set subform edit options
>>     For Each ctrl In frm
>>        If ctrl.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>                EditProperties Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form
>>                For Each ctrlSub In ctrl.Form
>>
>>                'subforms can have subforms!
>>                    If ctrlSub.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>                            EditProperties
>>Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form.Controls(ctrlSub.Name).Form   '
>>THIS IS THE LINE THAT CAUSES THE ERROR!!
>>                    End If
>>                Next ctrlSub
>>        End If
>>     Next ctrl
>>End If
>>End Sub
>>
>>Sub EditProperties(frm As Form)
>>'this only gets called when Edit mode is true, as forms are opened
>>read-only otherwise.
>>
>>With frm
>>        .AllowAdditions = True
>>        .AllowEdits = True
>>        .AllowDeletions = True
>>End With
>>End Sub
>>
>>Thanks if you can help me,
>>Kate
>
> -- 
> Please Rate the posting if helps you.
>
> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conversion/200909/1
> 


0
o
10/10/2009 1:36:46 PM
"Kate" <laurel.eppstein@wmich.edu> wrote in message 
news:OdIhY3DQKHA.352@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I did implement all of those suggestions, with no change in the error.
>
> AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>> Nonetheless, you might consider it. It a worthwhile try to get your DB
>> working.
>>
>> Kate wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstand the problem. It is 
>>> the fully-qualified reference to the
>>> form that is the problem, not a missing VBA reference.
>>>
>>
>> 


0
o
10/10/2009 1:39:22 PM
"AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com" <u18947@uwe> wrote in message 
news:9cae4d946afa7@uwe...
> Nonetheless, you might consider it. It a worthwhile try to get your DB
> working.
>
> Kate wrote:
>>Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstand the problem. It is
>>the fully-qualified reference to the
>>form that is the problem, not a missing VBA reference.
>
> -- 
> Please Rate the posting if helps you.
>
> Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com
> 


0
o
10/10/2009 1:39:26 PM
"Kate" <laurel.eppstein@wmich.edu> wrote in message 
news:Om$SJPfPKHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstand the problem. It is the 
> fully-qualified reference to the
> form that is the problem, not a missing VBA reference.
>
> AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>> Might be one of those quirks in 2007. Looks like references problem 
>> although
>> you might not have any missing references.
>>
>> If compact and repair and recompiling your code did not work.
>>
>> Here what we can do at least.
>>
>> Go to Tools � References
>>
>> Record down all the references you have. Delete all references and click 
>> OK
>> and exit the database.
>> Reopen your DB again, re-select your references again and exit your DB.
>>
>> Open your DB again and test.
>>
>> See if that works for you.
>>
>> If it still doesn�t, do a decompile here a site on this.
>>
>> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm
>>
>> Note: Do a back of your database first.
>>
>>
>> Kate wrote:
>>
>>> I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in 
>>> Access 2003.
>>> In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid 
>>> reference to the property Form/Report."
>>>
>>> This is the snippet of code:
>>>
>>> Private Sub SetFormProperties()
>>> 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was 
>>> selected
>>>
>>> Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control
>>> Dim frm As Form
>>>
>>> If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then
>>>    Set frm = Me
>>>   'set main form edit options
>>>    EditProperties frm
>>>
>>>    'set subform edit options
>>>     For Each ctrl In frm
>>>        If ctrl.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>>                EditProperties Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form
>>>                For Each ctrlSub In ctrl.Form
>>>   'subforms can have subforms!
>>>                    If ctrlSub.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>>                            EditProperties 
>>> Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form.Controls(ctrlSub.Name).Form   ' 
>>> THIS IS THE LINE THAT CAUSES THE ERROR!!
>>>                    End If
>>>                Next ctrlSub
>>>        End If
>>>     Next ctrl
>>> End If
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> Sub EditProperties(frm As Form)
>>> 'this only gets called when Edit mode is true, as forms are opened 
>>> read-only otherwise.
>>>
>>> With frm
>>>        .AllowAdditions = True
>>>        .AllowEdits = True
>>>        .AllowDeletions = True
>>> End With
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> Thanks if you can help me,
>>> Kate
>>>
>>
>> 


0
o
10/10/2009 1:39:30 PM
"AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com" <u18947@uwe> wrote in message 
news:9cd20a750481f@uwe...
> Kate, refer to your other thread on my reply.
>
> Kate wrote:
>>I did implement all of those suggestions, with no change in the error.
>
> -- 
> Please Rate the posting if helps you.
>
> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conversion/200909/1
> 


0
o
10/10/2009 1:39:35 PM
"o;;" <il;i> wrote in message news:Ox7TnpaSKHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> "AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com" <u18947@uwe> wrote in message 
> news:9ca2823b12739@uwe...
>> Might be one of those quirks in 2007. Looks like references problem 
>> although
>> you might not have any missing references.
>>
>> If compact and repair and recompiling your code did not work.
>>
>> Here what we can do at least.
>>
>> Go to Tools - References
>>
>> Record down all the references you have. Delete all references and click 
>> OK
>> and exit the database.
>>
>> Reopen your DB again, re-select your references again and exit your DB.
>>
>> Open your DB again and test.
>>
>> See if that works for you.
>>
>> If it still doesn't, do a decompile here a site on this.
>>
>> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm
>>
>> Note: Do a back of your database first.
>>
>>
>> Kate wrote:
>>>I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in
>>>Access 2003.
>>>In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid
>>>reference to the property Form/Report."
>>>
>>>This is the snippet of code:
>>>
>>>Private Sub SetFormProperties()
>>>'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was 
>>>selected
>>>
>>>Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control
>>>Dim frm As Form
>>>
>>>If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then
>>>    Set frm = Me
>>>
>>>    'set main form edit options
>>>    EditProperties frm
>>>
>>>    'set subform edit options
>>>     For Each ctrl In frm
>>>        If ctrl.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>>                EditProperties Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form
>>>                For Each ctrlSub In ctrl.Form
>>>
>>>                'subforms can have subforms!
>>>                    If ctrlSub.ControlType = acSubform Then
>>>                            EditProperties
>>>Forms(frm.Name).Controls(ctrl.Name).Form.Controls(ctrlSub.Name).Form   '
>>>THIS IS THE LINE THAT CAUSES THE ERROR!!
>>>                    End If
>>>                Next ctrlSub
>>>        End If
>>>     Next ctrl
>>>End If
>>>End Sub
>>>
>>>Sub EditProperties(frm As Form)
>>>'this only gets called when Edit mode is true, as forms are opened
>>>read-only otherwise.
>>>
>>>With frm
>>>        .AllowAdditions = True
>>>        .AllowEdits = True
>>>        .AllowDeletions = True
>>>End With
>>>End Sub
>>>
>>>Thanks if you can help me,
>>>Kate
>>
>> -- 
>> Please Rate the posting if helps you.
>>
>> Message posted via AccessMonster.com
>> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conversion/200909/1
>>
>
> 


0
o
10/10/2009 1:39:41 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Rollup 2 and Office 2007
I already have Roll Up 1 and the Office 2007 compatibility patch installed. If I now install roll up 2 will I have to reinstall the office 2007 compatibility? yes -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "LLoyd" wrote: > I already have Roll Up 1 and the Office 2007 compatibility patch installed. > If I now install roll up 2 will I have to reinstall the office 2007 > compatibility? ...

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication
I am getting error 3092 for OAB in Exchnage 2003 (migrated from 5.5) "Error 1129 occurred while processing a replication event. Folder: (3-8) NON_IPM_SUBTREE\OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\EX:/o" Tried to delete offilne addressbook and recreate but error has not stopped. Any help will be a great help on where to look to get rid of this issue. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2
I get this message when I look in System information. Outlook keeps crashing quite often. I cannot for example delete two messages without outlook crashing. My colleagues do not have this problem. We are using the Microsoft mail exhange server. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module mso.dll, version 11.0.5606.0, stamp 3f334cce, debug? 0, fault address 0x003b6e16. Does anyone has a solution?=20 Best regards/ Bj=F6rn 1) I would definitely apply Service Pack 2for Office 2003 + applicable critical security updates. 2) Have you tried starting O...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003
Hello, I am not familiar with newsgroups but I hope it is a forum to seek assistance. I am unable to reach MS support via email from my home computer on this issue. My Money 2003 requires a net passport password to open my account in Money that I have successfully accessed for approximately 12 months. It does not recognize my password now. I have attempted several times with my existing password, changed my net passport password, even uninstalled and re- installed MS Money 2003 to gain access to my account. Nothing has worked. Each time it states I have failed to enter the corr...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"
Hi, We are testing Outlook 2003 at our office now and there is one very frustrating "feature" that is bugging all of us. When we create a new e-mail message and type in the first name of a person from the global address book and hit ctrl- k to check the name...we get a response that Outlook doesn't recognize the name and there are "no suggestions". The only way Check Name will successfully resolve the name is if we type it last name first (ie, Gates, Bill). This was not the case in Office XP or Outlook 2000. You could search by first name (or partial first name)...

Excel 2007
When I select cells to copy as a picture in Excel 2007, the resolution is terrible. Text and objects with shadow's are very blotchy when pasting the picture. How do you change the resolution of a 'Copy Picture'? ...

Exchange 2003 new install can not receive external email.
I have just setup a new Windows Server 2003 standard edition with Exchange 2003 standard edition on it. I have been working for a while trying to get it to receive external email. I can send out and send/ receive internal messages, but when someone trys to send me a message from outside our network they get the following returned mail message This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason: Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server. The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected. Recipient: <**...

Error Generating the Offlice Address Book
I have a mixed site with 3 5.5 server and 4 2003 servers. I installed 2003 SP1 a few weeks back and since then I'm having an issue generating my Offline Address Book. Here the event log messages I'm getting. Event ID 9331: OALGen encountered error 80040107 (internal ID 501023d) accessing the public folder store while generating the offline address list for address list '/'. - Default Offline Address List For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Event ID 9335: OALGen encountered error 80040107 while cleaning the offline address list public ...

Error: Invalid byte was found at byte index 63.
Does anyone know what this means: "Invalid byte was found at byte index 63. " If yes, please help. Apogee Apogee wrote: > Does anyone know what this means: > > "Invalid byte was found at byte index 63. " That means exactly what it says: At index 63 XML parser found a byte, which is invalid either according document's encoding or is forbidden in XML documents at all (see list of allowed in XML characters at http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#charsets) -- Oleg Tkachenko http://www.tkachenko.com/blog Multiconn Technologies, Israel ...

Addressing within Exchange 2003
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2. We setup an MX record for a external email(alumni.cup.edu) these mailboxes do not exist within our exchange org. But when we send email to these externals email mailboxes we are getting the following NDRs: #5.5.0 smtp;550 Mailbox unavailable. #5.4.0 Is there a way in exchange to ignore these email address so that we don't get the NDR from within our Exchange Org? On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:08:02 -0700, Sabo, Eric <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote: >We are running Exchange 2003 SP2. We setup an MX record for a external >email(alumni.cup.edu...

how do i add "Software Digrams" Folder in my Visio 2003
how do i add software diags folder in visio 2003 version. Like if i go to File->New it shows folders like brainstorming, project schedule, block diagrams but in my case its missing the Software Diags folder which contains activity diags, web mock ups, use case diags etc. please let me know how to get that template. thanks. Ankur What edition of Visio are you using? Check by going to the About Microsoft Office Visio dialog from the Help menu. "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0D10BF0-A059-4A9C-B615-B99F3916F4E5@microsoft.com... > how...

Grammar check not working
Hello, I am using Word 2007 and have a problem with grammar and punctuation errors. I deliberately put two spaces between words, do not put space after a comma, write long sentences and finish a sentence without a verb but the green underline never appears. The spell check is functioning properly, no problem with that. In Word Options > Proofing, "Mark grammar errors as you type" is selected. I changed that selection and tried again but it still did not work. I used different languages as default language but no change. I would be grateful if someone could come...

Install Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardware with same name
I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article "How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration, does this matters? Should this be a smooth process? Thanks for any help you can give. The drive letters MUST match, because the paths of the databases are at the Active Directory. The disks can have different sizes than the or...

Adding Industry Codes
I am picking up the pieces on a previous installation of CRM, and want to add additional industries to my industry dropdown in the Lead form. For the life of me, I can't find the proper table in the database. Can someone be good enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks, Chris Chris, You don't do this via a table, you need to do it via form customization. You will need system admin rights, then go into System Customization and modify the Lead form. After making the changes, you will need to publish the change via Deployment Manager and issue an IISRESET. Matt "Chris...

[Exchange 2003] Mail enabled public folder and sender address
I have a Windows 2003 domain with a native mode Exchange 2003 organization; there are some mail enabled public folders. When a user replies to a message in a public folder, the outgoing mail's sender address is the user's one; I want it to be the public folder's one, or at least I'd like the "reply-to" address to be set to the public folder's. How can I accomplish this? Thanks Massimo You would need to grant the user permissions to be able to Send As the public folder. By default, when you reply to a message that is in a PF, the PF is not composing the ...

Unexpected error message on closing an Excel file
Suddenly I am getting the following message when I try to close a workbook: "Your formula contains an invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are correct, and try again" The mysterious thing is that it does not happen consistently and that, after I click OK after the above message, I can still save the file. What might be the cause of this error message and can the "invalid reference" be tracked down using one of the utility add-ins such as J. Walkenbach's PUP? If it only happens when you close ...

Outlook 2003
Hello, we have one client pc with Outlook 2003 where the following problem occurs: if a mail is replied from a user created sub folder of the inbox, the reply will not appear in sent mails, but will end up in the same sub folder, sender and recipient appear as identical. The mail goes out properly though, it's just that Outlook sets internally sender = recipient and bounces the reply back to the subfolder in which the original mail is stored. This happens on a Win 2000 machine with SP4 and all updates, the other clients use Outlook 2000 or XP and there is no such problem. There are no ru...

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1
Hello all, After upgrading a VC7.1 project to visual studio 2005, it failed to build in the release configuration with the follwoing error : 1>nafxcw.lib(winocc.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: class CWnd * __thiscall CWnd::GetDlgItem(int)const " (?GetDlgItem@CWnd@@QBEPAV1@H@Z) already defined in InstallDlg.obj The debug build works fine. The project uses MFC in a static library. Well, after doing some research, it seems that this one is tied to the fact that in a release configuration, _AFX_ENABLE_INLINES is defined, so inline functions are embedded in the .obj file. Sure there...

How to change font size on formula bar in Excell 2007
I don't find Tools>Options>General (as suggested in other post answers) in Excel 2007. On the Office button there is an Excel Options but it doesn't provide a method of changing font size on the office but. My font is so small I can barely see it. Office button>ExcelOptions>Popular tab>in the "When creating new workbooks" section, choose font and font size -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "jimwillie" <jimwillie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:588AAC05-0F52-404E-AA01-128E70E02D0B@microso...

Invalid XML error when I open customization setting
I have a problem when I try to open customization setting after I import an entity. The system errored "Invalid XML" "The XML passed to the platform is not well-formed XML". Please recommend how to resolve this problem. Thanks. ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report
Can you add a Radar chart to an access 2207 report? ...

DNS Error on Exchange
I am getting the following error on my Exchange server. What is my problem? Thanks. Event Type: Warning Event Source: smtpsvc Event Category: None Event ID: 2012 Date: 1/28/2005 Time: 12:01:53 PM User: N/A Computer: PUMA Description: SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '24.220.0.11'. The protocol used was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: d5 04 00 00 Õ... Is that a DNS server that's configured on your Exchange box? It shoul...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003
I am trying to import messages from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003. I am receiving the error message "The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close and try again. No other applications are running Thanks for any help see article 257354 of the microsoft knowledge base on http://support.microsoft.com: "Outlook Cannot Import Eudora Messages When Eudora Mail Is Stored in a Non-Default Location" ciaos >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import messages from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003. I am receiving the error message ...

Exchange 2007 across account search
Does Exchange 2007 has an option to search all users mail for keywords? That all SBS workgroup users can search for messages to/from all other users. Is there any advanced indexing system to speed up search results? Thanks! On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:22:12 +0200, "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote: >Does Exchange 2007 has an option to search all users mail for keywords? >That all SBS workgroup users can search for messages to/from all other >users. >Is there any advanced indexing system to speed up search results? > >Thanks! > Bunch of ...

error 0x800cc0f
i installed windows xp, and i set up all my email accounts. they are all working , except one: i receive 0x800cc0f message, which states that the service has been interrupted, contact your ISP...., but this is not the case, since my internet conneciton is working fine all the account settings are correct I am having the same problem. I have to close outlook and reopen to retrieve all of my messages. Have you found a resolution yet? "Kerstin" wrote: > i installed windows xp, and i set up all my email > accounts. they are all working , except one: i receive > 0x800c...