W2003, batch converter wizard: call from cmd (batch)

Hi,

Working with Word 2003. I have installed the batch converter wizard and all
is well.

I would like to create a batch file that opens Word, calls the wizard and
runs with a defined configuration, eg convert Word doc to xml, predefined
source and target folders, select all.

I can run a batch file to open the wizard, thus..

echo off
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Batch Conversion Wizard.Wiz"

.... but I am still faced with manually selecting conversion type, sourc e
and target folders, select all.

I tried recording a macro calling the wizard and defining the settings - no
luck, all the macro contained was a call to the wizard.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

ps, also posted under Word: General Questions

Re-printing batch invoices
Is it possible to print a batch of sales invoices after the batch has been posted? You can print individually invoices again via transaction>>>Sale>>>print sales documents. but not for a specific batch. Regards, Sheikh Asif Hi Merle, Messenger by Liaison Software can give you the ability to print a batch of Sales invoices after the batch has been posted but since many Dynamics GP users use the same batch number more than once we only activate this function per the request of the customer. www.liaisonsc.com Best Regards, Tom Nielsen Liaison Software 800.811.4618 x...

Rules Wizard does not open.
Hello all, I have a user that when he clicks the organize button and then when that expands out he trys to click the Rules Wizard button and nothing happens. Also Rules Wizard does not show up in the Tools menu. He is using Outlook 2002 SP-1. Does anyone have any clues? Thanks, Jay ...

Can you change a GL posting date after a batch has been entered?
Does anyone know how to change the GL posting date of a payables or payroll batch from one period to another period within the GL? Example, a payroll check was originally cut on March 31, 2008 and posted to the GL in March. On May 15th, the payroll department voids the payroll check using the original March 31st date. Systematically, the voided check attempts to post to the GL in the month of March which has already been closed. How can I manually move the unposted void payroll batch into the open May period? Thanks, Mike Mike, In the Void Payroll Checks window (Transactions &...

Posting Batch Fail
Hi All, I did post a Batch Number but it's failed with message: "The stored procedure glpPostBatch returned the following results. DBMS:0, Microsoft Dynamics GP:20774 Anyone has any idea what's wrong, please let me know. Thanks and Appreciations! -- Toi Day Don, Sometimes logging out and logging in will help for this kind of issue if it is happening for only one user and not for everyone. However, if the issue persist, Try below. 1. Take a Backup of DYNAMICS and Your Company Database 2. Go to Maintenance=>SQL=>Select Your Company Database under Database and Pr...

Converting Pubisher 97 files.
I have MS Publisher 97 and would like to covert all my files to something in Office 2007 or something in widows vista. "Longdrive" <Longdrive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C859B8A-EE7A-40BE-9A5C-5B0606C14CE8@microsoft.com... > I have MS Publisher 97 and would like to covert all my files to something > in > Office 2007 or something in widows vista. Publisher 2007 will read Publisher 98 files. Do not think it will read Pub. 97 files (but it may and I don't have any Pub 97 files, only Pub 98 & Pub 2 files that old to test it.) You co...

Removing Batches
I've created alot of test batches which I've ran then I ran the calculate batch. Is there a way to remove all these batches that I don't want to post to the GL. Possibly a script that will clear all of this...I don’t have any batches I’d like to keep and there are quiet a few of them. The unposted batches are stored in SY00500 in the company database. You could use SQL Query Analyzer to delete them. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Richard" wrote: > I've created alot of test batches which I've ran then I ran the calculate > batch. Is there a way to remov...

convert general to date
I have imported a text file where all fields were character and came in as general. They look like: Nov 17 2009 9:39AM I want to compute time differences between columns, but I can't get them converted to Date/Time format. Thanks very much for any ideas. This worked for me with data that looked like that one sample you shared. I selected the offending column (one column at a time) Edit|replace what: AM (two characters) with: _AM (space character, AM (3 characters)) replace all Then I made sure that there were two empty columns to the right of this offending columns...

Change default application used by the "Call Contact" feature
Hi there! This is the situation in my compagny : we've recently implemented the "Asterisk" VoIP solution. It works pretty well with the "eyeBeam" softphone. However we have a problem in the MS Outlook 2003 application. Indeed, even if the add-in available in the contact section works, we'd like to directly use "eyeBeam" when we use the "Call Contact" feature. The feature is available when we do a right-clic on a contact name in an email header, then "call", finally "call NUMBER". Actually, its lauches the "Windows Live ...

Converting Mortgage from Monthly to Semi-monthly
I have recently changed my mortgage from monthly payments to semi-monthly (2nd and 15th of the month). What is the best way to set that up in Money 2007, or is it not even possible? All interest is still based off on the due date (the 2nd), so in reality, the payment on the 15th of the month prior to the due date and the payment on the 2nd, which is the due date, constitute a payment in full. Should I just create a dummy account to put the withdrawl totals into on the 15th and the 2nd and then make the Mortgage payment from the dummy account? Thanks, Merg -- Today's ...

Photo Printing Wizard..
Is there any type of add-on or something to change the options for Windows XP Photo Printing Wizard? Maybe there's some place I can go and edit something to make more options.. I have a program to do what I need, but I'd rather use what's built into Windows if I could. Much easier to just select my files and say print. Photo Printing Wizard has options to do Contact Sheets (35 pics to a page), but would have been nice to do say 9 per page or 12 per page, etc. yuppicide wrote: > Is there any type of add-on or something to change the options for Windows ...

GP8 payables batch id's
In our Payables Batch ID's window, I have a batch set as follows Origin = "Computer Cheque" Status = "Marked" Frequency = "Sinngle Use" When I click on the batch i get the following popup message box.... "The batch cannot be edited. please verify the batch in the batch ID's window" Does anyone know how to change the status of a batch? Thanks Please follow these procedures: Note All scripts that are in the "Resolution" section must be run in a query tool. To open the appropriate query tool, follow these guidelines: • If you are ...

Data source object wizard
Hello, if i connect my gridview to a datasource with the wizard, i don't see my datasets in the dropdown. Can anyone help me? Simon ...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Convert

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Batch Recovery
Why is it you have to be logged into GP as SA in order to see any entries on the batch recovery screen. We have an issue where a financial batch is automatically created from our Field Service module (SCCIA batch source). Sometimes they fail on the GL posting side and get hung up. Even people with access to post to the GL cannot see the batch to recover it. hi, it's possible that the username that you are using may not have the privileges(security) to access the batch recovery screen. /timber\ On Oct 26, 9:28 pm, jav <j...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Why is it y...

launch Excel with cmd line parameters
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that has a form in it that has XML fields in it. I need to launch the spreadsheet from a command line and have it load the XML file to fill out the fields. If I simply use the spreadsheet name followed by the XML file name, the API call getcommandline simply returns "excel /e " I can't find any reference to Excel command line switched that might help me. Any ideas? This command line doesn' t work correctly, it tries to load everything on the command line.. "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" "C:\Docum...

Convert to email address
I copied and pasted email address's into a column but the address's are not active. I can't click on them to send email. How can I format the column for email?? Thanks -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com =HYPERLINK(A1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Doug" <doug57@www.com> wrote in message news:%23PW9oxZkIHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... |I copied and pasted email address's into a column but the addr...

Converting contacts to AD users
Hi I want to convert a load of Exchange contacts to full users in Active Directory. Some of these contacts have their msExchADCGlobalNames attributes set, while some don't. We currently use Exchange 2003. I'm assuming the ones that have these attributes are contacts that used to be in Exchange 5.5. Do I need to keep these attributes now that we use Exchange 2003 or can I just forget them? If I do need to keep them, I assume that I only need to keep the "forest" and "NT5" ones, and allow replication between AD and Exchange to handle the rest. Any thoughts? Cheers M...

delete queued closed batches from post closed batches command?
We use the "post closed batches" function in store operations. Unfortunately, there are occassions when the batches cannot be posted because the Z report includes products that do not have assigned departments, making the post "out of balance" for quickbooks. Up to now, we just manually enter these batches into quickbooks, but it's an annoyance to have to uncheck these queued batches every day when we need to post new batches. Is there an easy way to delete these unbalanced entries from the queue? Along the same lines, we always have to uncheck the "include ...

No MFC classes in Class Wizard
I'm adding some MFC code to a console app project that didn't have it before. I created an empty MFC console project and migrated its skeleton around my original app, including the headers in StdAfx.h, the WinApp and _tmain in the main source file, and the project settings in the dsp file. Everything compiles fine. The problem is that when I select New Class in the IDE, I don't get MFC classes as an option. What is the IDE looking for that allows it to give me an MFC class list? Is there a magic binary file that does that? Among other things like different dependencies, dif...

Unable to convert from ATL::CString to vector<CString>::iterator
Hi Guys, I am going through the lengthy process of upgrading from a VS6 project to VS2005. The only issue I am left with is that I cannot work how to convert from a CString as part of an array to a vector iterator. The code is as follows vector<CString>::iterator ii = vector<CString>&(m_vsOverallAgentRetrievalQueueNames[i]); and the error message is as follows error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'ATL::CStringT<BaseType,StringTraits> *' to 'std::_Vector_iterator<_Ty,_Alloc>' Can anyone help at all? Regards Tony &...