User Form to Replace Master & SubDocument

I want to replace a Master & SubDocument series with a User Form (M&S crashes
constantly).
I have a list of 11 managers to pick from and don't always select each one,
but the order also constantly changes.  What do suggest to be the best format
to use in this case?  I thought to use check boxes to select the manager, but
not sure how to re-order the inserts.

Thanks,
MR

We really need more information on what you are doing, but you could have a
userform with two list boxes, one of which is populated with all of the
managers names with the other one being populated by selecting names in the
first list box and moving them to the second in the required order.

See the following pages of Greg Maxey's website:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Mrs. Robinson" <MrsRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to replace a Master & SubDocument series with a User Form (M&S
> crashes
> constantly).
> I have a list of 11 managers to pick from and don't always select each
> one,
> but the order also constantly changes.  What do suggest to be the best
> format
> to use in this case?  I thought to use check boxes to select the manager,
> but
> not sure how to re-order the inserts.
>
> Thanks,
> MR

0
Doug
5/4/2010 10:23:00 PM
Those articles are very helpful...thanks!

We have managers report on a weekly basis.  They fill in their own
subdocuments and we re-arrange them according to the order in which they will
report at a meeting, and print.  Sometimes they aren't here because of travel
so they don't report personally but their reports are still generated at the
end of the master doc.  Once they hit okay, I want their reports inserted
into the master doc in order and ready for print.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> We really need more information on what you are doing, but you could have a
> userform with two list boxes, one of which is populated with all of the
> managers names with the other one being populated by selecting names in the
> first list box and moving them to the second in the required order.
>
> See the following pages of Greg Maxey's website:
>
> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm
>
> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm
>

> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Mrs. Robinson" <MrsRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want to replace a Master & SubDocument series with a User Form (M&S
> > crashes
> > constantly).
> > I have a list of 11 managers to pick from and don't always select each
> > one,
> > but the order also constantly changes.  What do suggest to be the best
> > format
> > to use in this case?  I thought to use check boxes to select the manager,
> > but
> > not sure how to re-order the inserts.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > MR

For that, I would think that the easiest thing to do would be to put all of
the reports into a folder by themselves and renaming each of them with a
filename that started with numerals 01, 02, 03, - 10, 11 corresponding to
the order in which you want them presented and then sort on the filenames to
get them into that order and then select them all and right click and select
Print.

--

> Those articles are very helpful...thanks!
>
> We have managers report on a weekly basis.  They fill in their own
> subdocuments and we re-arrange them according to the order in which they
> will
> report at a meeting, and print.  Sometimes they aren't here because of
> travel
> so they don't report personally but their reports are still generated at
> the
> end of the master doc.  Once they hit okay, I want their reports inserted
> into the master doc in order and ready for print.
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> We really need more information on what you are doing, but you could have
>> userform with two list boxes, one of which is populated with all of the
>> managers names with the other one being populated by selecting names in
>> the
>> first list box and moving them to the second in the required order.
>>
>> See the following pages of Greg Maxey's website:
>>
>> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm
>>
>> http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "Mrs. Robinson" <MrsRobinson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I want to replace a Master & SubDocument series with a User Form (M&S
>> > crashes
>> > constantly).
>> > I have a list of 11 managers to pick from and don't always select each
>> > one,
>> > but the order also constantly changes.  What do suggest to be the best
>> > format
>> > to use in this case?  I thought to use check boxes to select the
>> > manager,
>> > but
>> > not sure how to re-order the inserts.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > MR

0
Doug

New to User Forms

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Change Print Form
Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, I'd liek to add my Compnay Logo to and a signature line so we can print the case prior to going to the client site and provide a copy of the Case for thier records as well as get sign off of the work being completed. As far as I know you have to use reports to customize prints. But if anyone knows how to change the standard printouts (for me for orders etc.)? Greetings, Wolfgang. "Jclark" wrote: > Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, > I'd liek to...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Form Colors on a form change on a laptop pc
When one of our users prints his Expense Report (an Excel form), it prints in blue ink and he would like it changed to black. Previously, the color of the lines was set to automatic. I changed the color to black and it still prints blue for him. Is there a setting on his pc that is doing this and could I override it by making a change to the Excel file? Thanks. -- akkrug Sounds to me like he's running out of blank ink. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "akkrug" <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in message news:B6C284E0-28A4-42E7-88C1-C069513FEF...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Ownning Business unit on form
Is it impossible to show the owning business unit of a contact or acccount on a form? The attribute is available in the list but you cannot see it when attempting to add it to a form? anyone? no it's not. Dave Ireland "Sixty4" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:79d6ed93-3bda-424f-88ea-0e929551c80e@k19g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Is it impossible to show the owning business unit of a contact or > acccount on a form? The attribute is available in the list but you > cannot see it when attempting to add it to a form? ...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

Sending a copy of each email that a user sends
We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? Have a look at this software www.exclaimer2000.com On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:41:08 -0800, Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user. >Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? This is very easy with Exchange 5.5. What version do you have? Rafael "...

security- users
hi all can anyone tell me this.. i want when someone opens the data base to asked for a user name and password. if the user name is for example "admin" (thats me) to have full access, can create,delete tables,create report etc. if the user name is "user1" to be able only for read, write ,add record ?? i prefered to do this by using the User and Group Permissions but any other suggestions are welcome.. thanks On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:54:01 -0800, Osyris <Osyris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Workgroup Security is an advanced topic. Do not attempt to use it un...

User in more than one user class?
Is it possible to add a user to more than one user class? We have a user who will temporarily need the accesses of another user class while retaining her current accesses. The only method I saw for adding the accesses is to do them individually for the user. Is there a better way to do this? Perhaps adding the user to the second user class temporarily or create a new user class with the accesses of the two classes in question? Thank you. For versions 9.0 and prior a user can only be in 1 security class at a time. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "d...