user form that retrieves data from Microsoft Access query

I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is
opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template should
display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that this
works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is
that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is being
displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is
located and that looks fine.

Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Where is the database, and does everybody have permissions to it?

Might also help if we could have a look at the code you're using for the
Access query.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is
> opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template
> should
> display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that
> this
> works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is
> that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is
> being
> displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is
> located and that looks fine.
>
> Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Gordon
2/24/2010 8:50:22 PM
This is the code behind the userform used
to retrieve the data from the access accdb:

Sub Generatecable()
'
' Generate Cable Macro

    Dim DB As Database, Pay As Recordset, Vou As Recordset, SumPay As
Recordset
    Set DB = OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
    Set Pay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataLastQuarter",
dbOpenSnapshot)
    Set Vou = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataVoucherAmounts",
dbOpenSnapshot)
    Set SumPay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataTotalAmount",
dbOpenSnapshot)

    If Pay.BOF And Pay.EOF Then
        MsgBox ("No data found.")
        GoTo exit_sub
    End If

    Dim PayRecs As Long, VouRecs As Long
    Pay.MoveLast
    PayRecs = Pay.RecordCount
    Vou.MoveLast
    VouRecs = Vou.RecordCount

Note: none of my users get to see the USERFORM upon opening the template.
They all have sufficient permissions to the access database.

Thanks

"Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:

> Where is the database, and does everybody have permissions to it?
>
> Might also help if we could have a look at the code you're using for the
> Access query.
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Gordon Bentley-Mix
>
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is
> > opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template
> > should
> > display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that
> > this
> > works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is
> > that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is
> > being
> > displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is
> > located and that looks fine.
> >
> > Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

I managed so that all users see the userform but when generating the document
and trying to open the database I get the following error message: USER
DEFINED TYPE IS NOT DEFINED. The program stops at Dim db as Database

"Eric" wrote:

> This is the code behind the userform used
> to retrieve the data from the access accdb:
>
> Sub Generatecable()
> '
> ' Generate Cable Macro
>
>     Dim DB As Database, Pay As Recordset, Vou As Recordset, SumPay As
> Recordset
>     Set DB = OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
>     Set Pay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataLastQuarter",
> dbOpenSnapshot)
>     Set Vou = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataVoucherAmounts",
> dbOpenSnapshot)
>     Set SumPay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataTotalAmount",
> dbOpenSnapshot)
>
>     If Pay.BOF And Pay.EOF Then
>         MsgBox ("No data found.")
>         GoTo exit_sub
>     End If
>
>     Dim PayRecs As Long, VouRecs As Long
>     Pay.MoveLast
>     PayRecs = Pay.RecordCount
>     Vou.MoveLast
>     VouRecs = Vou.RecordCount
>

> Note: none of my users get to see the USERFORM upon opening the template.
> They all have sufficient permissions to the access database.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:
>
> > Where is the database, and does everybody have permissions to it?
> >
> > Might also help if we could have a look at the code you're using for the
> > Access query.
> > --
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Gordon Bentley-Mix
> >
> > "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I created a word document that displays a userform when the template is
> > > opened, when you click on the ok button on the userform the template
> > > should
> > > display data that comes from a microsoft access query. The thing is that
> > > this
> > > works perfectly for me with my non-administrators account. The problem is
> > > that whenever another user is trying to open this template no data is
> > > being
> > > displayed. I checked the permissions on the folder where the template is
> > > located and that looks fine.
> > >
> > > Anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong here?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

Do you have a reference to the DAO Object Library? Does this library exist
on the users' machines? Try putting each variable in a separate Dim
statement and qualifying each with "DAO.". Then see which variable - if
any - is throwing the error.
--

> I managed so that all users see the userform but when generating the
> document
> and trying to open the database I get the following error message: USER
> DEFINED TYPE IS NOT DEFINED. The program stops at Dim db as Database
>
> "Eric" wrote:
>
>> This is the code behind the userform used
>> to retrieve the data from the access accdb:
>>
>> Sub Generatecable()
>> '
>> ' Generate Cable Macro
>>
>>     Dim DB As Database, Pay As Recordset, Vou As Recordset, SumPay As
>> Recordset
>>     Set DB =
>> OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
>>     Set Pay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataLastQuarter",
>> dbOpenSnapshot)
>>     Set Vou = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM
>> qryCableDataVoucherAmounts",
>> dbOpenSnapshot)
>>     Set SumPay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM
>> qryCableDataTotalAmount",
>> dbOpenSnapshot)
>>
>>     If Pay.BOF And Pay.EOF Then
>>         MsgBox ("No data found.")
>>         GoTo exit_sub
>>     End If
>>
>>     Dim PayRecs As Long, VouRecs As Long
>>     Pay.MoveLast
>>     PayRecs = Pay.RecordCount
>>     Vou.MoveLast
>>     VouRecs = Vou.RecordCount
>>

>> Note: none of my users get to see the USERFORM upon opening the template.
>> They all have sufficient permissions to the access database.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> "Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:
>>
>> > Where is the database, and does everybody have permissions to it?
>> >
>> > Might also help if we could have a look at the code you're using for
>> > the
>> > Access query.
>> > --
>> > Cheers!
>> >
>> > Gordon Bentley-Mix
>> >
>> > "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Gordon
2/25/2010 7:37:23 PM
I managed to set a reference to the DAO Object library but now I'm getting an
error that says: UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT when the program hits the line
: OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")

(Thanks for all your help!)

Eric

"Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:

> Do you have a reference to the DAO Object Library? Does this library exist
> on the users' machines? Try putting each variable in a separate Dim
> statement and qualifying each with "DAO.". Then see which variable - if
> any - is throwing the error.
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Gordon Bentley-Mix
>
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I managed so that all users see the userform but when generating the
> > document
> > and trying to open the database I get the following error message: USER
> > DEFINED TYPE IS NOT DEFINED. The program stops at Dim db as Database
> >
> > "Eric" wrote:
> >
> >> This is the code behind the userform used
> >> to retrieve the data from the access accdb:
> >>
> >> Sub Generatecable()
> >> '
> >> ' Generate Cable Macro
> >>
> >>     Dim DB As Database, Pay As Recordset, Vou As Recordset, SumPay As
> >> Recordset
> >>     Set DB =
> >> OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
> >>     Set Pay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM qryCableDataLastQuarter",
> >> dbOpenSnapshot)
> >>     Set Vou = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM
> >> qryCableDataVoucherAmounts",
> >> dbOpenSnapshot)
> >>     Set SumPay = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM
> >> qryCableDataTotalAmount",
> >> dbOpenSnapshot)
> >>
> >>     If Pay.BOF And Pay.EOF Then
> >>         MsgBox ("No data found.")
> >>         GoTo exit_sub
> >>     End If
> >>
> >>     Dim PayRecs As Long, VouRecs As Long
> >>     Pay.MoveLast
> >>     PayRecs = Pay.RecordCount
> >>     Vou.MoveLast
> >>     VouRecs = Vou.RecordCount
> >>

> >> Note: none of my users get to see the USERFORM upon opening the template.
> >> They all have sufficient permissions to the access database.
> >>
> >> Thanks

I created an Access 2003 version that holds the tables and queries and when
referring to the .MDB instead of the .ACCDB the template works fine, I can
connect to the database and retrieve the data. I would like to know why I
cannot connect to the ACCDB.

Regards,

Eric

"Eric" wrote:

> I managed to set a reference to the DAO Object library but now I'm getting an
> error that says: UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT when the program hits the line
> : OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
>
> (Thanks for all your help!)
>
> Eric
>
> "Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:
>
> > Do you have a reference to the DAO Object Library? Does this library exist
> > on the users' machines? Try putting each variable in a separate Dim
> > statement and qualifying each with "DAO.". Then see which variable - if
> > any - is throwing the error.
> > --
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Gordon Bentley-Mix
> >
> > "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I managed so that all users see the userform but when generating the
> > > document
> > > and trying to open the database I get the following error message: USER
> > > DEFINED TYPE IS NOT DEFINED. The program stops at Dim db as Database

There are (at least) two DAO libraries - the old one is called
"Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library" and is implemented by dao360.dll. In
Access 2007 the database negine was substantially modified and renamed
from Jet to ACE. The new one is called "Microsoft Office 12.0 Access
database engine Object" and is implemented by ACEDAO.DLL. You probably
need the /newer/ one.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 27/02/2010 09:25, Eric wrote:
> I created an Access 2003 version that holds the tables and queries and when
> referring to the .MDB instead of the .ACCDB the template works fine, I can
> connect to the database and retrieve the data. I would like to know why I
> cannot connect to the ACCDB.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric
>
> "Eric" wrote:
>
>> I managed to set a reference to the DAO Object library but now I'm getting an
>> error that says: UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT when the program hits the line
>> : OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
>>
>> (Thanks for all your help!)
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> "Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have a reference to the DAO Object Library? Does this library exist
>>> on the users' machines? Try putting each variable in a separate Dim
>>> statement and qualifying each with "DAO.". Then see which variable - if
>>> any - is throwing the error.
>>> --
>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> Gordon Bentley-Mix
>>>
>>> "Eric"<Eric@discussions.microsoft.com>  wrote in message

0
Peter
2/27/2010 9:35:48 PM
Thanks Peter, that did it, I needed to set regerence to Microsoft Office 12.0
Access database engine. many thanks!!!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

> There are (at least) two DAO libraries - the old one is called
> "Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library" and is implemented by dao360.dll. In
> Access 2007 the database negine was substantially modified and renamed
> from Jet to ACE. The new one is called "Microsoft Office 12.0 Access
> database engine Object" and is implemented by ACEDAO.DLL. You probably
> need the /newer/ one.
>
> Peter Jamieson
>
> http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
>
> On 27/02/2010 09:25, Eric wrote:
> > I created an Access 2003 version that holds the tables and queries and when
> > referring to the .MDB instead of the .ACCDB the template works fine, I can
> > connect to the database and retrieve the data. I would like to know why I
> > cannot connect to the ACCDB.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > "Eric" wrote:
> >
> >> I managed to set a reference to the DAO Object library but now I'm getting an
> >> error that says: UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT when the program hits the line
> >> : OpenDatabase("q:\jas\fmc\RentalPayments\RentalPayments.accdb")
> >>
> >> (Thanks for all your help!)
> >>
> >> Eric

> .

Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups
On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number. No one knows the vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name. So either change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal default sort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Conversion of Cross-Tab Formatted data to qualify for Pivot Table
It's amazing how one can take pivot table data -- double-click in the data section and it "converts" the PT format to a data-table format (fit for a database environment, say access)... Well any way, I receive files that are in a sort of a crosstab format, which I'd love to be able to get to respond to (the creation) of a Pivot table. Is there a way to make this "conversion"? Thanks in advance for any direction offered.. Do you mean something like this: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm from John Walkenbach's site. Jim May wrote: > > It&#...

I can't wrap my head around this query
I have two tables. One that has ComputerID and some other fields. The ComputerID field is unique. I also have another table that has a non-unique Computer ID field and a SWName record for each software program installed on that computer. What I would like to do is find out what ComputerIDs DO NOT have a specific program (ProgramA). I was thinking I would get what I needed if I could take the results for those ComputerIDs that DO have ProgramA and compare that with all of the ComputerIDs possible and take the difference. Is there some way to do this? If not, what would I have to add to ...

FWD: See this critical package from Microsoft Corporation
--obwfxphuzzylz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="utaelzgjn"; type="multipart/alternative" --utaelzgjn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jwvpfexic" --jwvpfexic Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer. This update includes the functionality = of a...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Protect sheets not allowing entering of data in multiple sheets
Hi All, I have a customer who has a workbook with protected sheets in it. They have cells that are unlocked that they enter information in. The user may want to enter the same information in the same cell in multiple sheets. If the information is numeric it will allow it. If it is text, the data will disappear when the user presses enter. Has anyone run across this and found a solution? Heck, I didn't even know you could do that until the customer showed me. Learn something new every day. ...

Need User Name and Password

print only datas
hi i like to print only the datas but not the rows and collumns in the ms access Kaja, It sounds as though you are printing directly from the table. This will produce a report with column headers, row lines, and column lines. You'll need to create a custom Report (using Report Design mode) where the fields/controls on that report do not have any visible borders. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." <kaja48380@gmail.com...

First-chance exception . . . (NTDLL.DLL) . . . Access Violation.
What is the basic meaing of this? : First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. Steve Russell wrote: > What is the basic meaing of this? : > > First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access > Violation. > > Only the developers of NTDLL.DLL know. Since you can't do anything about it you must assume it is an uninteresting event that was handled by code designed to handle it. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > Steve Russell wrote: >> What is the basic meaing of this? : >> >> F...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

Sample Data install
Got CRM up and running okay. Added a few records but then decided to take the tutorial and so load the sample data. Followed the instructions located @ http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/maintain/20_samdb.mspx There were no errors whilst following these instructions. Now the system appears to have no data present, though the databse appears to still contain the records I had previously created. Any idea how I access the sample database? Thanks Thanks Lonny We did have five users available in AD and did not get the message that the system was overwriting...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Change Print Form
Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, I'd liek to add my Compnay Logo to and a signature line so we can print the case prior to going to the client site and provide a copy of the Case for thier records as well as get sign off of the work being completed. As far as I know you have to use reports to customize prints. But if anyone knows how to change the standard printouts (for me for orders etc.)? Greetings, Wolfgang. "Jclark" wrote: > Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, > I'd liek to...

Editing Data source from imported web query
Hi, I've currently got an Excel sheet with a table I've imported from a web page I've created. This was done using the Data->Import External Data->New Web Query. The page itself is a CGI script and as such takes arguments in the address. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can alter that URL from a cell in Excel. Specifically I want to be able to change the hostname in a cell in Excel and the corresponding ?hostname='blah' to change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Jim It seems to me that you'll need a macro to do what you're trying to accomp...

Form Colors on a form change on a laptop pc
When one of our users prints his Expense Report (an Excel form), it prints in blue ink and he would like it changed to black. Previously, the color of the lines was set to automatic. I changed the color to black and it still prints blue for him. Is there a setting on his pc that is doing this and could I override it by making a change to the Excel file? Thanks. -- akkrug Sounds to me like he's running out of blank ink. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "akkrug" <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in message news:B6C284E0-28A4-42E7-88C1-C069513FEF...

Manager grayed out on user setup